[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we fix this /pol/? >inb4 tumblr it's basic math
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (364 KB, 640x888) Image search: [Google]
file.png
364 KB, 640x888
how do we fix this /pol/?
>inb4 tumblr
it's basic math
>>
>>71430863
>Minimum wage

Transition jobs. Find a job that's above working retail and save up.
>>
Can someone explain this to me, as an economic illiterate person please?
>we need inflation to stimulate growth
>prices rise (isn't that what inflation is?)
>people still complain
>no growth
>>
Maybe find a better bang-for-your-buck school than Yale
>>
>>71430863
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71431036
Wages didn't grow with inflation
Minimum wage now is much lower than it used to be
>>
Damn if only I could go to a cheap state school instead of fucking Ivy League shit.

And if only I could study for a degree that was actually worth something in the real world.

Too bad I had to get a gender studies degree at Yale and put my parents $200,000 in debt. Why can't I find a job? Patriarchy!! We are the 99%!!!
>>
>>71431036
>we need inflation to stimulate growth
please tell me this is a meme
>>
>>71431167
But isn't that normal? Won't wages go down as automation and immigration increase?
>>
>>71431381
That's what the EU and all the countries in it are trying to do. I keep hearing that Italy is in trouble because we have deflation
>>
>>71431403
Well if wages go down prices should go down too right? Otherwise nobody would buy anything
>>
>>71431601
Is that a joke? If less people are buying, prices need to increase so that when a sale IS made, it makes up the difference.

When this gets too out of control you end up with food lines around the block.
>>
>>71430863
stop going to school if you're not going to do anything with it.

unlike what you'd think, people don't actively judge you if you don't go to school -- people don't really give a shit about what YOU do. you aren't the center of the world, believe it or not.
>>
>>71431036
Damnit. Inflation does not cause job growth. A better economy causes both job growth and inflation increase. It only look like it because they correlate on a graph.
>>
>>71430863
Inflation
>>
itt: missing the point that inflation did not proportionally increase wages
>>
>>71431032
With what qualifications? The ones you need to work minimum wage to get?
>>
>>71431729
That's where we're headed since everything is becoming too expensive
>>
>>71431819
>>71431906
so what increases the wages? If you artificially increase them you will create unemployment
>>
>>71431906
wages aren't supposed to increase. the employer dictates the wages; the employee is supposed to negotiate for appropriate wages or take their talent elsewhere.

you know why min wage jobs are almost universally minwage? because the employees are deadbeats, high school kids, and talentless hacks who can't negotiate for shit.

but me? i'm doing a minwage job and making $10.40 off that fucker despite it being worth $7.25 at most. get a backbone faggots.
>>
>>71431167

> Minimum wage is now much lower than it used to be

It's marginally lower. $1.45 in 1970 has the buying power of $8.90 in 2016.
>>
File: 1459068978640.gif (2 MB, 338x183) Image search: [Google]
1459068978640.gif
2 MB, 338x183
>>71430863
>USF total cost of attendance: 21k
>Annual police salary 46k~
>Pay off 4 year college on Freshmen Sophmore year.
>Blow the rest on Fumos and Publix subs
God it must suck to suck.
>>
File: dont.jpg (50 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
dont.jpg
50 KB, 416x431
>i deserve college! it's my right!
>>
>>71432543
>you HAVE to go to college if you want a good job
Thanks boomers
>>
>>71432147

A minimum wage is requires so corporations don't take advantage of their employees.

Min wage has to go up based on inflation. I'm not saying it needs to be 15 dollars a year, but it has to increase.
>>
>>71433454
15 an hour*
>>
File: 1459279490453.png (16 KB, 448x538) Image search: [Google]
1459279490453.png
16 KB, 448x538
she should shut the fuck up and work 17 hours a day then. gotta a get those she-i mean, money
>>
>>71430863
Maybe you shouldn't spend $100k on an overpriced college. Community college is super cheap.
>>
>>71430863
>Yale
That's like building your house out of gold bullion and complaining about housing costs.
>>
>>71430863

If you're not rich don't go to a rich people college. Dumbasses.
>>
>>71434494
>>71434342
>>71431046
>>71431222
I think you're missing the point. Even a state school would require way more than it used to
>>
It's ignoring scholarships
>>
>>71430863
If your going to Yale w/out scholarships your a fucking retard in the first place.

Not EVERYONE is gunna have the ability to attend ANY school they want.

Leave it to the left to bitch that they have to work REALLY hard to get into one of the more prestigious Universities in the world.
>>
>>71430863
Ban women from the work force.
Demand stays the same (people still buy shit)
Supply shortens so prices fall to meet equilibrium.
Work force cut down to a level where companies can reinvest in their workers.
Without women going to work they don't go to school tuition costs drop dramatically.
The concept spreds to Europe bringing countries to revolutions and wars.
Only time America makes more money than when Europe is at war is when their done fighting and need to rebuild.
America gets a second chance at the 50's and all it takes is putting women back in their place.
>>
>>71431036
people complain coz their wages don't increase, or at least not on par with the prices
>>
>>
Maybe if you didn't get a useless degree in underwater basket gender studies you could get a real job soon enough and start paying for those loans.

That said, the whole tuition thing is a scam and the government should act against it.
>>
>>71435423
Government should just get the fuck out of it. MOST of the bad student loans people bitch about are FEDERAL student loans.
>>
If you're getting paid minimum wage it's probably cuz ur fucking retarded. I started almost $2 above minimum wage when I was 15, and that was at some chain restaurant
>>
>>71435423
anyone think people buying on etsy would buy the novelty of a basket woven underwater? might be cool
>>
>>71435423
This gets me everytime.
>>
>>71430863
End affirmative action. End government backed student loans. Raise college standards. Cut gender studies n that bullshit.

College prices would drop quickly.
>>
>>71430863
Do they not understand how inflation work?
>>
>>71430863
This isnt a proper argument against minimum wage. This is moreso about the cost of tuition rising way too quickly.
>>
>>71434619

This is why you do your two years at your local college
>>
>>71434619
Then don't elect to enter into the already heavily oversaturated higher education system. Go learn a skilled trade.

You do not have a right to an affordable university degree.
>>
>>71430863
This is actually a legitimate complaint though, the US govt has decided that everybody should be able to get a loan for college, and colleges responded with "LOL I'LL JUST RAISE THE PRICE AND HIRE MORE ADMINISTRATION".

If you cut all of the bullshit degrees, the university funded social programs, the bloated bureaucracy, then maybe, just maybe, university costs will go down.
>>
>>71432147
>bragging about $10.40
>>
Idiots that don't go to a community college first to save money deserve the debt they get.

Thats what I did. Paid for it myself, 0 debt upon graduation.
>>
Two things this "simple math" incorrectly presents:

1. No account for cost of inflation. You can't directly compare 1970 dollars with 2014 dollars. Econ 101.

2. What accounts for the rise in the cost of tuition over this period? How can the market bear this price increase?

2.a. Government backed student loans and financial aid. The market can bear absurd costs because the consumers are not having to pay for it, just like healthcare. Universities need student tuition to stay open, and if students cannot generally afford the cost, it has to come down. The tuition bubble would have popped long ago if students had to carry the costs of their education. Surely, Comrade Colonel Sanders understands this, and will fix this problem by making the government pay for ALL of it, rather than a majority of it. Then, what universities are able to charge will be even further abstracted from the consumer, the government will be the only entity that decides if you can go to college (almost noone will be able to afford the cost out-of-pocket), the quality of education will reach an all-time low as the real customer will be regulatory agencies, and the value of a college degree to private industry will be close to a GED. Everything will be, y'know, "great".
>>
>>71431561
It's a legitimate strategy, and it's one of the reasons why most of the Euro countries are having troubles - Because we cannot control the currency we use, and in the end, the only one who can is Germany.

That's why Germany is doing amazing and we're doing crap.
>>
>>71430863
>>71434619
Why don't people bring up the fact that it's government loans that made school increase prices.

That and everyone being told to go to college
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.