[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LEGALIZED EUTHANASIA STUMBLES IN CANADA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7
File: Canada.gif (16 KB, 1181x788) Image search: [Google]
Canada.gif
16 KB, 1181x788
>Canada’s new doctor-assisted dying law takes shape
https://archive.is/ZUjIF

>Highlights
For opponents, any assisted-dying law is simply unacceptable. In a statement, the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops described the proposals as
>“an affront to human dignity,
>an erosion of human solidarity, and
>a danger to all vulnerable persons
—particularly the aged, disabled, infirm and sick who so often find themselves isolated and marginalised”.

Campaigners, on the other hand, complain that the planned law is too tightly drawn... The committee had suggested that anyone experiencing “intolerable suffering” should be able to seek a doctor’s help to die;
>instead, the draft bill covers only those with terminal illnesses for whom death is “reasonably foreseeable”.

Sufferers from dementia or mental illness, and under-18s, will not be covered... only residents will be able to avail themselves of its provisions. And individual doctors will be able to opt out (a safeguard that the parliamentary committee had also suggested).

Another concern is that Canadians’ ability to access their new right to doctor-assisted dying will depend on where they live. The country consists of ten provinces and three territories, each with its individual character. The health minister, Jane Philpott, says that the system will be “as uniform as possible, while acknowledging and respecting that provinces and territories will have responsibility for the delivery of health care”.

>Law is passed
>Lesser Canadians
>mfw
>>
>>71426779
We didn't have much of a choice, the supreme court ruled that patients have a right to die. Our government could have overruled the court (parliamentary supremacy ftw) but they decided not to do so.
>>
ooohhh this won't get amended and abused at all, wow thanx liberals. How soon until we can euthanize niggers?
>>
If people want to kill themselves let them. The fuck does it matter to you?
>>
>>71427673
Because it can be abused. What if somebody wants your inheritance or some shit. They can just bop you on the head and write a letter saying you want to kill yourself with a forged signature.

Also you can just get retarded people to kill themselves. So many ways it can be abused, it's not right.
>>
>>71427866
That's a pretty round-about way to do shit with tons of stuff that can go wrong. Instead of covering up an assault now you got to make sure your forgery is rock solid. There's already lots of easier ways to accomplish those ends.
>>
>Catholics just think someone who is terminally ill should just suffer until finally their life is spent
>Catholics don't believe in mercy

Even Jesus's agony was ended mercifully by a spear

as someone who has seen the suffering of someone dying of cancer under "palliative care" I never want that to happen to me. That's misery. 2g of morphine an hour and still shivering and spasming in pain in their sleep.
>>
>>71427866
You're hypothetical situations are so specific and situational it really looks like your grasping at straws. While assisted dying can end a lot of suffering on a large scale.

As someone who had his WWII veteran grandfather survive a stroke but be bed ridden for 6 long years. Fuck you.

I watched him turn into a god damn shell of his former self and suffer for far too long. Whenever my mother visited him she'd have to explain to him that his wife was dead and watch that pain hit him like it was fresh every day.
>>
File: 1459642369005.jpg (183 KB, 407x441) Image search: [Google]
1459642369005.jpg
183 KB, 407x441
>>71429181
Reading about this in the newspaper was good for a kek. Despite what the bible says, I'd like to imagine god isn't going to have an autistic fit because I chose to die now rather then have a terminal cancer fuck my shit for a month.

>>71427673
Also this, even if somebody was planning to abuse the system to kill themselves and somehow managed to get past the board of doctors or whatever that approves your case they'll just find another way to do it. I remember reading in my provincial paper about how libs wanted to spend something like $200,000 to put up guards on a bridge so people couldn't throw themselves off it when it sees something like 5 suicides a year max. Don't quote me on any of those numbers but it still has the same idea,libs could spend infinite money bubble wrapping the whole world and people would still find a way to take the coward's way out.
>>
>>71429229
Oh fucking well, welcome to getting old. And each day he forgot his wife died and probably had fun watching the birds. It goes both ways asshole.
>>
>canada gets ride of retirement homes
>now we just kill old people

You guys are fucked. My grandpa had a stroke, and they put him in a home to rot and die, all he wanted to do was spend time with the family. Nobody wants to die, they want to be surrounded by loved ones and enjoy happy shit.

People like you make me sick, you would rather kill your family than spend time with them.

My parents are half fucking senile, so you are telling me doctors are just going to kill them instead of trying to help them live healthy.

Canada is fucked. Let them start on the chinks and sand niggers first.
>>
>>71429968

I would hope God is compassionate and merciful. There's just no point to extended suffering when you're terminally ill with cancer.

I'm not talking just getting diagnosed and your doctor says you have 6 months or 2 years to live I'm talking "we don't think she'll make it through the night"
>>
>>71427866
>Because it can be abused. What if somebody wants your inheritance or some shit. They can just bop you on the head and write a letter saying you want to kill yourself with a forged signature.
>Also you can just get retarded people to kill themselves. So many ways it can be abused, it's not right.
Nothing wring with that.
Less retarded and old people, seems good to me.
>>
>>71426779
More proof that Canadians are uncivilized savages. Now that it's just easier to exterminate anyone designated "terminally ill", whatever that happens to mean at any given time for any given set of circumstances, eh-hm, not only will Canadian doctors cease all efforts to cure diseases. Canadian hospitals will become little concentration camps with a smile, because murder is a friendly, compassionate thing to do. The bright side is, with all the money that the Canadian health department will save because slaughter is cheaper than treatment, Canada can afford to pay for the wall.
>>
>>71430321

and what do you propose be done if your grandfather is dying of terminal liver cancer, and can no longer speak all he can do is suffer?
>>
>>71426779
>no weed
>no assisted suicide

COME ON
>>
>>71430555
These retards talk like they don't like liberals, but liberals are passing this bill because old people aren't dying fast enough. You should see our retirement homes, the pack them like 6 to a room, it's fucking inhumane and third world tier.

Canadians on /pol/ are liberals, don't forget that. Most of them are chinks / sandnigs who want to put whites on the fucking street. Now they are going after our most vulnerable.
>>
>>71430720
Cancer is fine, and if they wish it, I visited with my grandpa, all he wanted to do was come home and spend time with us. They said he couldn't leave because he needed care, they had him in a room with 4 other old fucks that were stealing his candy and shit. Talk about a living fucking hell. He was miserable, and then he saw me and my wife, all he wanted to do was come home for christmas, and they fucking basically murdered him. They kept him doped up on so much morphine he wouldn't eat anymore then someone fucking smothered him I swear to god.

Fuck this country, I will never fight for it. It treats it's veterens and elderly like fucking dog shit.

START ON THE FUCKING CHINKS AND SANDNIGS, BUT THEY WON'T, THIS IS DIRECTLY DESIGNED FOR WHITES.
>>
>>71430788

Nobody's talking about just euthanizing any old person. We're only talking about terminally ill and suffering people.

Right now those people can sign a "living will" saying "Do not resuscitate me if I stop breathing", and they can sign forms for palliative care where they understand that they are not going to get better, they are dying and all the hospital will do is try to reduce their pain some (but they can't reduce it entirely, even on lethal overdoses of morphine which is usually the actual cause of death)

This is just the next logical step in that line of a person being fully aware that they are dying, there is nothing they can do to stop it, and so the person wants to go out with minimal pain and suffering and go out with some dignity.

These forms btw, need to be signed in hospice, in front of multiple witnesses, this is not something that can be forged.
>>
>>71431267
You know it will lead to that, our care homes are fucking garbage and inhumane, they don't even have real nurses. Just another symptom of our 3rd world healthcare.
>>
>>71431226

I'll tell you a secret, the doctors fully well know the amount of morphine they are giving the patient is lethal. That's the actual cause of death, giving them so much painkiller that they stop breathing. It's a morphine overdose.

It's what's currently the most compassionate thing that doctors can legally do. Give them "as much morphine as they need for their pain" even if it ends up killing them. They claim it's not intentional, but really, they know damn well that it's a fatal overdose.
>>
>>71431538
I know, doesn't fucking matter, if they don't want to die why are they fucking killing them?

I hope they treat the chinks with the same amount of "empathy".
>>
>>71431672

but when they're suffering that much, and have a DNR order, and are in hospice receiving palliative care, are you sure they don't want to end their pain and misery?
>>
>>71431789
Doesn't matter, it's not right, you can't just treat old people like fucking shit. He couldn't speak because of his stroke, how could he have asked for death?

All he could do was nod, they fucking murdered him and I hope every chink and sandnig gets the same treatment.
>>
>>71432088

when he's suffering that much you know what else is not right? Stringing him along to suffer even more even though there's no hope of recovery.
>>
>>71432310
I don't care, if he could manage the pain they shouldn't have done it. The dude just wanted to be with the family, and it was like a fucking looney bin in there, hardly dying with dignity. If they were going to kill him like that, they should have done it at home with the family. That's why we have death beds.
>>
>>71432433

so you don't carer about a loved one's suffering?
>>
>>71432587
I don't care what society thinks is right, I think loved ones should die at home with their families, not in some dungeon dressed up as a clinic.
>>
>>71432695

see, if you support euthanasia, they can maybe carry that out at the home.

But under palliative care, they have to do that in the hospital.
>>
>>71430321
who's gonna take care of them?
Their 60 year old kids?
The grand kids who are working for lower wages & longer hours than they ever did?

Really gotta be practical about these old fuckers
>>
>>71432955
It's fucking bullshit man whites are fucking garbage, go to palliative care, you won't see an asian or darkie in the place. I am dying at home, I don't care if it's an inconvenience for doctors and my shitty fucking kids. Old people aren't dogs man.
>>
>>71432695
It's interesting you bring that up. I'm currently working at a hospital and they have a bunch of advertisements around the hospital about doctor assisted death. One of the things they're asking patients is if they would rather die in the hospital, at home, or elsewhere.
>>
>>71431226
Nothing stopped you from just taking him home
The hospitals can't hold people against their will
>>
>>71433110
Dude our healthcare system is a fucking joke, cancer is basically a death sentence in canada unless you are fucking rich or lucky.

I have seen so many old fucks just die from pneumonia, let alone cancer.

They don't even help people anymore.
>>
>>71426779
>doctors take hippocratic oath
>government mandates that they kill patients
nothing wrong here
>>
>>71433373
>>71433447
I'm not letting anyone else in my family go like that, they can die with me, I'll fucking hold the smelly bastards until they go stiff, it doesn't bother me. Makes me fucking sick how we treat our own.
>>
>>71433464
People die from cancer everywhere
I don't think its massively worse in Canada than in the US, yea sure maybe 1/4 of people die on waiting lists or from shitty care, but otherwise its the same.
>>
>>71433663
I'm absolutely terrified of doctors, recently I have had like 6 old fucks die on me. You know what it's like going to funerals like one after another? My wife almost had a fucking heart attack. We are just now getting over it.

Canada is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>71433924
Maybe you are from a shithole like quebec or something?
>>
>>71433996
Nope, I'm from b.c. we actually have a doctor shortage right now. This one old dude had lung cancer, they gave him steroids and he was dead within 2 months.

>treating cancer
>with steroids
>>
>>71434114
old fuckers are gonna die, nothing a doctor can do about that
>>
>>71433373

right, if you have legal euthanasia that becomes an option.

If palliative care is what they do instead of euthanasia, they have to be at a hospital, in a monitored bed.

But there's no need for a monitored bed under a voluntary euthanasia. The doctor can make a housecall, go to the patient's home, surrounded by family and loved ones, start an IV, and push a fatal dose of pentobarbital into their veins. They will be under surgical anesthesia in under 15 seconds after the dose is pushed, and dead within 10 minutes. It's peaceful. It's the same thing we do to our pets who have cancer, we are frankly far more humane to our pets who are terminally ill than our own human relatives.

Hell I remember having to have a dog put to sleep who was scared of heights, the Vet didn't make him get on the examining table this one time, she got on the fucking floor to put him to sleep, because this was all about making him as comfortable as possible.
>>
>>71433924

Not as much of a shithole as Sweden...
>>
>>71434114

The steroids are to reduce inflammation in the lungs and throat so he can breathe.

What you think they have a magic "cancer be gone" drug they're just withholding from people/
>>
>>71426779
Suffering gets you close to God
>>
>>71427866
>Because it can be abused. What if somebody wants your inheritance or some shit. They can just bop you on the head and write a letter saying you want to kill yourself with a forged signature.

So your objection is murder.
Good thing that's illegal.

I want inheritance; put target into a basement passed out drunk have a burner fill the basement with CO and CO2.
They die.
Go to the furnace and strike the heat exchange with a deadblow hammer get a leak.
Oh no CO killed my dad it's such a shame!

But because you think people are going to start murdering relative for money, you want to keep people in screaming agonizing pain even with a near lethal dose of painkillers alive.

Fuck you.
>>
>>71434304
Check back in a few years, we are definitely trying.

>>71434189
This is what I mean, baby boomers are fucking cunts man. I am from old scot-irish family, it's tradition that people die at home. None of the baby boomers have followed that tradition.
>>
>>71434406
fuck you cunt, I would fucking murder you but you are probably some poor newf and I wouldn't get shit.
>>
>>71431226
You're fucked in the head man, get some psychiatric help.
>>
>>71434648
I would but since the healthcare in canada sucks ass, they would probably murder me instead. I already tried to see one after my grandpa died, couldn't. Fuck you.

Great healthcare eh?
>>
>>71429229
libs libs libs bubble wrap

> C-51
>fuck you
>>
>>71430321
>Nobody wants to die, they want to be surrounded by loved ones and enjoy happy shit.

My grandfather just died. Prior to his death he didn't want to see anyone because he was happy with how he had left things with his family and didn't want people to remember him weak and in pain. In the last weeks he was asking the doctors to do something for his pain that was already being treated by a near lethal dose of morphine. My uncle told the doctors to stop his medication that was keeping him alive, and only keep using the morphine.

I'm off this weekend to scatter his ashes.

Some people want to die, and some people don't want their family to see them in pain.
Lucky for grandpa he needed the medication to live, rather than being someone living on in pain without a way to die by just stopping something.
>>
>>71434762
You got a lot of weird conspiracy theories in your head. Also asians and sikhs have done nothing to you, there is no conspiracy in canadian healthcare to kill old white people. I realize our healthcare isn't the best, but you obviously haven't traveled if you think it's "3rd world" or even bad compared to other countries.
>>
>>71434544

It's protocol at the hospital. The problem is that hospitals are supposed to treat illnesses. Only when you are signed into hospice does the protocol change from not aggressively trying to cure the disease but just making you as comfortable as possible until you die.

But the protocol is still monitored bed, regular nurse visits, doctors rounds every 8 hours. They can't really do that for however many days it takes the person to die at home.

If you want people to be able to die on their own terms at home, then you'd need to support euthanasia. Like I said, Then a doctor can really actually do that. It takes less than an hour out of their day to drive over, do what needs to be done, and then the family can make funeral arrangements and whatnot.
>>
File: 1421037409220.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1421037409220.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>71427866

That's a strawman argument if ive ever seen one. You're the fucking retard who would benefit from this the most. Your stupidity and lack of any deep thought into this is part of the reason I want off this fucked ride. Its people like you (stupid people who don't actually think things through) who cause so much unnecessary suffering on those around you. So many old sick people would benefit from this, but lets not implement it because "my mom might hit me with a frying pan and call it a suicide" Get the fuck out of my country
>>
>>71427866
You need to be conscious and the board's approval for it to go through. You'll be denied if there's even the faintest possibility of future medical discoveries bettering your condition. The mentally ill can't consent to doctor assisted suicide. It's also long time Canadian citizen exclusive so no suicide travel, go to Sweden for that.

All of this originates from Quebec with Canada following suite, thanks to the Quiet Revolution of the 70s religious institutions don't have any power over there.
>>
>>71429181
>Catholics just think someone who is terminally ill should just suffer until finally their life is spent
Nope, we believe in palliative care until death. It is permissible to allow a person to die naturally if it is their wish, and if all measures to prevent death have been exhausted, but it is not permissible to "terminate" a person's life. Our lives are not our own to do with whatever we like; they have been bought and paid for by the blood of Christ. That is the Catholic position.

Anyone who is not a Catholic is free to do as they please, but no Catholic should be supporting euthanasia, and our institutions should not be forced to provide such services contrary to our own moral law.
>>
>>71434985
Healthcare in bc is a fucking joke, baby boomers are a fucking joke. East indian fired me from a job for bullshit reason, chinese fucked the housing prices. You are wrong about almost everything you said.

>>71434862
I'm sorry to hear that, but my situation was different, the way they did my grandpa was really sloppy and impersonal. The worst part was that he was getting better while in hospital but as soon as they put him in palliative care they just started doping him with morphine. My parents were telling me he would get better so it was all very shocking and sad.
>>
>>71426779
Can it be for any reason? How do I get Canadian citizenship?
>>
>>71434985

I live in a place where it's mostly Sikhs. They are some of the most peaceful, friendly people. I'd rather live next door to a Sikh and an old white man than a nigger and a Muslim any day. Hell take out the white man I'll live in a neighborhood of Sikhs before I move to a neighborhood with black ghetto mama and her extremist neighbor
>>
Can you still be considered "red-pilled" if you agree with assisted suicide? I'd only allow it under strict conditions.
>>
>>71433464
But DUDE, it's free!
>>
>>71435330
Why do you live in the lower mainland if you can't afford it and don't like indians and asians?
>>
>>71435330
>parents were telling me he would get better
Sounds like your parents are blaming the health care system for what happens to 100% of humans; death.
>>
>>71435629
>But DUDE, it's free!
It's half price when counted against US care and gives Canadians a longer life expectancy.
>>
>>71435698
No I guess I'm just angry my parents lied to me and were too pussy to let him die at home.

>>71435675
I can afford to live her, it's just fucking shitty because no doctors, and shitty jobs.
>>
>>71435303

Palliative care is fucking shit though. It just extends useless suffering.
>>
>>71435842
Yeah but you still don't like east indians and asians. That's where all the immigrants live man.
>>
>>71435930
I was here first, fuck them.
>>
>>71434985
the asians do organize amongst themselves against whites, as is normal.
While taking over areas as they move in, in large numbers

Certain poor whites are left to rot in these colonized areas, everyone else has to pay big amounts of money to move.

It's an absurd state of affairs designed explicitly to harm whites
>>
>>71436092
I don't even know that you're talking about man. East indians are 7% of the canadian population asians are 6%. (in the census they count both east indians and chinese/japs/koreans as "asians"). Canada is still a white country. Just stay the fuck out of Vancouver and Toronto.
>>
>>71435923
By "palliative care" I'm talking chiefly about pain relief and providing whatever degree of comfort is possible and fitting to the dignity of the person. Whenever there are better options regarding pain relief that don't include terminating the life, then the Church will almost certainly advocate those methods.

People seem to be under the impression that this is just about euthanasia for the Church. It is and it isn't. This is part of the general package currently coming down the pipeline, where secular authorities are attempting to force the hand of the Church. They're doing the exact same thing in the US with the whole RFRA debacle. This is as much about euthanasia as it is about forcing Catholics and Catholic institutions to disobey their own moral law in favour of the secular law, and the Church understands this very well.
>>
>>71436352
That census is almost 7 years old now. And we get 250k+ "immigrants" a year, not counting refugees.

Don't even bother man, I can look outside and half my street is ching chongs. Yes they are good neighbors, bc is still utterly fucked though.
>>
>>71436425

and I'm saying it's fucking shit because when you're in that much pain even lethal doses of morphine don't alleviate the pain.
>>
>>71436581
Those are the methods available to us, those are what we use.
>>
>>71436515
Census came out in 2011. Also a lot of those immigrant entry numbers are from the 1990s to early 2000s. And the reason why there's so many asians and pakis in your neighborhood is because you live in Vancouver. Vancouver and Toronto have always been known as multiracial places since the 90s. They don't represent the rest of Canada.
>>
>>71436712

Pentobarbital, 5g. The suffering is over in seconds.
>>
>>71436841
I've already told you that this is not an option. Period. It never will be for Catholics.
>>
>>71430070
>people still believe they are justified in preventing someone from opting out of life
Any particular reason aside from muh fraud and muh abuse?

Like the existence of people using speech for fraud is why we have a blanket ban on spee... Oh wait no we just prosecute the fraud.

Don't worry anon, literally no one cares about you or your shit or the five dollars in your checking account, you won't have to worry
>>
Isn't this already legal in California? Is Canada really trying to become California: The Country?
>>
>>71436923

then you're a monster that supports useless suffering for no reason.
>>
>>71437328
If that's what you want to call us, so be it. We're not leftists who are moved by name calling and sentimentality. We are moral absolutists. Go whine about it to a Protestant.
>>
File: tumblr_n2nkjpzVZJ1ru3l0ro1_1280.jpg (323 KB, 1025x688) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2nkjpzVZJ1ru3l0ro1_1280.jpg
323 KB, 1025x688
LAST ONE TO DIE PLEASE TURN OUT THE LIGHTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYy80trSPSI
>>
>>71426779
The only person who needs help to kill himself is someone who is quadraplegic or a coward.

And quadraplegics do not feel any pain.
>>
>>71437467

and your morals inflict torture on people.
>>
>>71437734
They're not "our" morals, they are divine in origin. The moral law is not some contrivance of man, but the objective and universal truth of God.

Anyone who wants to participate in euthanasia is free to do so as I've already told you. You have free will, and are free to use that will to obey or disobey the moral law. But you, like all secularists, leftists, and other such riff-raff, are not content with this. You want also to force the Church to conform to your moral relativism and to your own perception of goodness and justice. It won't, and all the name calling and emotional argumentation which is almost invariably the tactic of your kind will change nothing.

By the way, patient suffering is a Catholic virtue.
>>
>>71438099

Convenient isn't it, a god and his "universal truth" that somehow only exists in the minds of fools.

How do you worship and believe in such hubris?
>>
File: vince vaughn.jpg (6 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
vince vaughn.jpg
6 KB, 186x271
Guys, Justin Trudeau Cucks are thumbs downing this video with Vince Vaughn in it. Make sure to give it a thumbs up and BTTFO!...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSfZGUxkXa8
>>
>>71438742
Why don't you tell me how it is that you can mark out others for their supposed hubris whilst saying anyone of faith is a fool with a straight face?

"Let no man deceive himself: if any man among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise."
1 Cor 3:18
>>
>>71437511
That's what I keep saying to people who go to the doctor. The only person who needs help setting a bone is a coward or a quadriplegic. The only person who needs help with cancer is a coward or a quadriplegic. Just do it yourself guys!

Here's an idea: when you want to off yourself and you want to 1. Make sure it works 2. Avoid making a massive mess 3. Not traumatize your family or loved ones and 4. Try to avoid unnecessary suffering, you go ask an expert if they are available so you can kill yourself effectively and with a minimum of fuss.
>>
>>71438099

>the catholic church
>not a contrivance of man

choose 1.

There may be a God, but the catholic church is absolutely a man created thing. They had councils of men (no divinities) who sat and decided what was canon gospel and what wasn't.

Don't delude yourself. God may be real, Christ may be God's son, but the Catholic Church is a fabrication of mortal men.
>>
File: 1456847716994.png (358 KB, 713x403) Image search: [Google]
1456847716994.png
358 KB, 713x403
>Doctors can now literally murder people
>weed is still illegal
>>
>>71438099
If the Catholic Church didn't have a stranglehold on medical services in some areas this wouldn't be an issue, but if you are going to offer services to the public you don't get to pick and choose which ones you provide on some moral basis that nobody else gives a fuck about.

If you were selling Halloween masks and had a religious objection to selling Dracula masks you're golden, if you're selling basic health services the state has a vested interest and obligation to make sure you provide services that cover what has been agreed upon as required.
>>
>>71440151
Nice straw man. I said the moral law is not a contrivance of man.

As to the authority to teach that law, this was given by Christ to our first pope, St. Peter:

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven."
Mt 16:18-19

... who then passed it down to his successors, who continue to teach the moral law with the full authority of Jesus Christ through Apostolic Succession.

So, yes, the Church has total authority.
>>
>>71440547
Then, if the government wishes, it can end funding for Catholic medical institutions. That would be their right if such is in accordance with the will of the public. What the government does not have the right to do is to force those Catholic institution to act contrary to the doctrines of the Catholic Church.

>don't get to pick and choose which ones you provide on some moral basis that nobody else gives a fuck about.
Except they have every right to do so, as guaranteed by your own constitution and by ours. The government does not have a right to persecute the faithful for acting in accordance with the moral teachings of their faith. It cannot force Catholics to commit abortion, nor can it force Catholics to participate in or facilitate euthanasia. That is exactly what it's trying to do right now, however, which I alluded to in an earlier post on the RFRA issue. That's at the heart of what's going on here.
>>
>>71426779
Some day the Left will have a mandatory death law for all people aged 70 years or more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBRjU9P5eo
>>
File: 1.png (257 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1.png
257 KB, 1366x768
>>71426779
>doctors can murder people now
>many doctors are jews
>whites will be systematically killed by them
>weedman replaces us with shitskins and chinks
>>
>>71441124
I would love if the government would just provide hospital service itself instead of leaving it to religious fundamentalists.

It's rediculous to think that religious morality has any place in medical service, your view is no more valid than a sect who refused to offer blood transfusion or a sect that demanded human sacrifice.

Thinking a hospital has religious rights is moronic and thinking those rights trump the governments explicit obligation (at least in the US) to provide for general welfare of the populace is even more moronic. If you open a business to provide public services you have to abide by government regulation of those services.
>>
>>71441825
>I would love if the government would just provide hospital service itself instead of leaving it to religious fundamentalists.
They will have to if legislation which forces Catholic institutions to toe the secularist line is passed, because Catholics will simply refuse to cooperate as they have done in the past. Most Catholic adoption agencies have since closed because the government was attempting to force them to place children in the hands of homosexual couples. That's what it will come down to here as well, which is not the ideal outcome for the oligarchy who want the Church to capitulate morally rather than simply opt out.

>It's rediculous to think that religious morality has any place in medical service
Not really, given that medical services are mostly of religious origin. Secular hospitals are a rather new development. The Catholic Church had a monopoly on medicine for many centuries.

>your view is no more valid than a sect who refused to offer blood transfusion or a sect that demanded human sacrifice.
If you say so. That still doesn't mean that Catholic institutions do not have a right to act in accordance with Catholic doctrine. If you don't like that, get your services from non-Catholic institutions.

>Thinking a hospital has religious rights is moronic
It's not a hospital which has religious rights. It's the Church, which serves the public by providing medical services, which has such rights.

>If you open a business to provide public services you have to abide by government regulation of those services.
No, you don't, which is why the government is currently trying to find a way to force the Church's hand through litigation. The ultimate message is that you no longer have the right to even possess your own conscience and to act according to that conscience. Instead, you have to do what the government tells you is morally acceptable. And if you think this is only threatening to the Church faithful, you better think again.
>>
>>71433996
>Quebec
>shithole
Pick one, Albert.
>>
>>71434985
>Also asians and sikhs have done nothing to you
Except drive the price of property through the fucking roof. If my parents happened to die, I'd have to sell their house because the property tax has tripled in the last 6 years, and we're not talking a mansion here, it's a split level valued at over 900000 fucking dollars, that is now in a gated 'community' with an all chink homeowners board that don't even publish the minute of the meetings in english, just moon runes
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.