[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did Mac become associated w. cucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: mac.jpg (4 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
mac.jpg
4 KB, 284x177
Ok, let me remind you fags-- back in early 00s, no one wanted to use anything Mac bc it was hard and way more complicated than windows shit, esp for things like documents.

Back then, I was the fucking nerd.geek for insisting on using my Mac even though every shit around me was using windows "bc it was so much easier."
>ipod comes out
>iphone comes out
>suddenly macs expensive and "Trendy" and I"M being called a cuck, tp point where I'm afraid to even admit I use a MAc, despite fact I have used one since I was 8.

How the fuck did this happen? If you don't use your computer for gaming, a MAc is clearly a superior machine, and you can never convince me otherwise.

Even to play game son a PC, you need to use Windows, which is a fucking bleeding ulcer. Why do we-- who were using mac way before it was cool-- have to be thrown in with the SJWs?
>>
>>71417192
Apple isn't a tech company anymore, it's a fashion accessories company.

People that buy their products are cucks who only want to impress and fit in with other cucks.
>>
(and before you start with "This belongs in tech," I'm more interested in the social/political aspects of exctly why and when it got to the point I have to be ashamed to even admit I use a fucking Mac.

If you don't play computer games, it's a better machine. Mac OS is 100x better than windows and even the variations of Linux never quite "fit" bc they aren't tailored to the machine like the Mac OS are.

Does anyone honestly think I'm wrong? How can I control if a bunch of hipster douchebags suddenly find Macs fashionable NOW? They sure didn't bac k in 2000, when I had to nigger-rig together all kids of software, was using "wordperfect" just to type a paper... we oldfag mac users deserve more respect.

And If we don't start getting it, don't ever talk to me or my wife's son again. I'm being a smartass, but the point still stands. We an't control who fucking uses the things.
>>
>>71417294
>People that buy their products are cucks who only want to impress and fit in with other cucks.
But that's not true of EVERYONE, and that's my point.
If you were using one in late 90s in middle school, you were literally on your own trying to find software that would even run on the motherfucker.

The company does well, becomes a hispter status symbol, and those among us who were young enough to go through all the hit but not old enough to buy stock now get thrown in as cuckolds when we were using Macs BEFORE the hispter scum ever discovered it.
>>
Unless you "game" (and even then would be better with a mac and a steam machine), can you honestly tell me that a mac isn't a superior machine to a PC?
>>
>>71417637
RARE
A
R
E

Also, it's mainly because Macs are "easier" to use and have become a status symbol because they cost 4x the amount for the same hardware. People think expensive = quality and don't realize that Macs are inferior for just about anything more technical than word documents of movie editing.
>>
>>71417192
Because people have sick understanding of what luxury is, they think paying 2 or 3 times of the price is luxury while it's nothing but stupidity.
>>
>>71417456
>Macs are "easier to use" meme won't die

This was true back in the Windows 3.1/9x days. Not so any more. Windows has been streamlined and dumbed-down so much since XP that even a retarded nigger can use it. I work as an IT network admin and I have to support both Mac and Win platforms. I despise the Macs because of their proprietary special snowflake nature and I want to chuck them out the window on a daily basis. They're fine for the hipster faggots who want to update their tumblr in the coffee shop, but they have no place in an enterprise environment.
>>
>>71417862
>Because people have sick understanding of what luxury is, they think paying 2 or 3 times of the price is luxury while it's nothing but stupidity.
You can get a macbook for ~$1,100 now. The stationary macs with huge ass, 5k screens are about $1,500.

In long run, you end up saving cash bc the motherfucker isn't breaking down every 3 weeks, never have the type of software clusterfucks you do on a PC, etc..

It's not just about "luxury," although granted many hipster dipshits just buy for the status. In every sense, it just runs better and performs better unless you are a "gamer."
>>
File: enhanced-15242-1450029101-1.jpg (57 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-15242-1450029101-1.jpg
57 KB, 625x625
>>71418221
So...you like cocks in your ass?
>>
>>71418148
>but they have no place in an enterprise environment.
Mate every fucking hollywood studio uses them, fucking South Park uses the high-end powerful ones right off the rack to do shit in 3 days that used to take them 4 months.

If you know how to use it and take semi-decent care of it, it lasts 5x longer than a windows PC and ends up costing you less.

No matter how good a PC you get, still need to use windows for your "gaming," and whatever version of Linux you install never quite fits properly.

If you need it for editing, photography, whatever and just sort of normal uses that don't involve games, better than any PC out there.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (16 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
16 KB, 240x210
>>71418372
>So...you like cocks in your ass?
wow. you came up with that all by yourself?
>>
>>71418221
I built my PC 3 years ago for ~$750.

It runs faster, better, has a high-mid tier graphics card, a top tier processor, and generally works better than even the most expensive pre-built Macs.

In the three (going on four) years i've had this particular PC, it's never broken, got a virus, or stopped working in any way.

I have yet to find a game I can't run on max settings (well, modded Skyrim can actually give me a run for my money), and I have never found something I can't do on my homebrew PC.

And once again, I paid less than $1000 for this PC.
>>
>>71417741
A Mac isn't a superior machine .
>>
>>71418148
/thread
>>
>>71418221
I got my laptop for 900$ few years ago and it's better than most Mac books in your price tag today.
>>
How does it feel knowing Canada will annex your shithole soon?
>>
>>71418493
>If you know how to use it and take semi-decent care of it, it lasts 5x longer than a windows PC and ends up costing you less.

This is pure horse shit. Macs have the same internal hardware as a PC and it all comes from the same OEMs. Motherboards, RAM, HDDs can and do fail. Ever replaced a failed mobo on a self-contained iMac? I have. It's a pain in the fucking ballsack and I'd rather smack my kneecaps with a ballpeen hammer than have to do that shit again.

You aren't paying extra for higher quality. You're a cuck who is being ripped off, and Steve Job's ghost is laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
>>71418221
first of all, rare flag.

Second, you are obviously not a tech person. There is no need to be spending over $1000 for any computer. You can assemble a beast machine with way superior specs in that price range. PCs don't break down every 3 weeks or have 'software clusterfucks', this is user error. People such as yourself don't do the research and don't have a proper understanding, otherwise you would realise you are being completely jewed by Apple.
>>
>>71418578
This, I built mine last summer and can run mostly anything and it had never gave me a problem ever. Runs better than any mac I've seen.
>>
Macs are incredibly expensive relative to their hardware. The ONLY reason to get one over a PC is if you need access to a Mac exclusive program like final cut pro or something. They are not better machines.
>>
>>71417192
>Be a reasonable human
>Decide to buy a notebook
>buy a normal one for 1200$ one and be able to play the latest games and do everything u want for the next 5+ years or just one for 500-800$ if it's just for work and browsing in bed
>or buy some 1300$ apple shit that barely matches the specs of some regular 600 bucks no name crap
Reminder: apple produces case, screen keyboard etc. Nothing else
They remainigng parts are bought components from other companies (Intel, nvidia etc.)
>some edgy hipster faggots tell you about how superior mac os is
>hurr durr there are no viruses for Mac
>hurr durr Le ez Operation
>I don't want to play games I just want to spend shitloads of shekels on iTunes
>apple 4 life
Go kill yourself apple fags
>>
>>71417637
Why would somebody want this?
It's like eating shit suddenly became cool and some scat faggots came stating how much he already loved eating feces before everyone else
>>
>>71418493

a company is not nessarily an enterprise environment, he's talking about shit like directory and authentication services, netware, AD, vmware SSO, they are built on windows enterprise networks because they have been proven as reliable and interoperable with most buisness software.

I am also willing to bet the only reason they got those "off the rack powerful ones" are just chock full of nvidia cards, since apple uses intel processors
>>
>>71417192

MAC scum pls off yourself
hipster fag
>>
MAC fags are a cancer and always have been.
>>
>>71417192
Id rather have a laptop with a touch screen if I was to get a laptop
>>
I've always hated apples since the first time I used an apple 2 back in like 1st grade.

Macs are for kids, and old people. Buy a PC if you aren't trying to make music or edit videos and if you like to have a bit of control over your operating system
>>
>>71417456

You are right anon. I originally fucking hated macs since I was around 12 years old and my dad bought one. Reason why I hated it? It sucked for games. I couldn't play my Counter Strike so I threw autistic rage tantrums whenever I would be stuck using the Mac.

Now that I'm an adult and I actually have to use a computer for productivity I appreciate Macs a lot more. I have a gaming PC with the latest hardware but I rarely use it.

For a software developer Macs are actually very nice, especially if you are in Uni because a lot of your CS projects will be based on UNIX. While all my Windows classmates have to use VM's or dual boot which is a pain in the ass on a laptop because of shit hardware optimization, I'm using a nice Mac that integrates everything seamlessly.

Macs are far from necessary but they make everything feel and look nicer and in a lot of cases a lot easier. If you can afford one, get it.
>>
>>71417192
ITT: Faggots who don't use Linux
>>
File: 1389583843379.jpg (257 KB, 957x473) Image search: [Google]
1389583843379.jpg
257 KB, 957x473
I don't know, I sort of encountered this today. I like the PC I built, and it works well. I'm in web development and do some design. Macs used to be what you had to have when designing because of the software, not so much anymore. I was browsing job ads (I have a job, but I like to browse) and 9/10 they require owning a Mac. Shit is annoying, but they'll probably just hire an Indian anyway.
>>
>>71417637
Mac was ALWAYS hipster. Look at their 1984 ad. They never changed.
>>
I bought my mac for one reason only:

#include <unistd.h>
>>
>>71417192
It is very simple.

In my shit tier country BMW is at similar situation. Different types of urlas or piderashkas buy old BMW, drive them around, crash and do stupid things. Why? Because the car itself is good enough to allow for you to be stupid piderashka slav and still drives somewhat dynamically.

Same is with Macs. They are so good that they can be used by hipster faggots and by professionals who need to do serious stuff. Unfortunately numbers wise hipster faggots are much more then professionals.
>>
File: 1460311766195.jpg (55 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1460311766195.jpg
55 KB, 500x447
>>71417741
>mac
>a fucking steam machine
Wew.
>>
>>71421769
This isn't /g/
Linux is the superior platform but don't expect anyone on /pol/ to even know what it is
>>
>>71417456
Back when a close friend of mine was in university more than a decade ago, he worked in IT as a part-time job. He told me that he could always tell the Mac users who needed help from him by their complete unfamiliarity with computers.

Apple was always about catering to novices who are chronically afraid of terminals and hardware. That is why they always locked their users down to limited hardware options and made everything GUI.

PCs were made to be anything the user wanted. Workstations, gaming rigs, servers, desktops, anything. Any operating system. Mac users don't even know what an OS is, which is why when they fight PC users they attack Windows like you did.

TLDR: OP thinks his Fischer Price computer commands respect.
>>
>>71419166
>There is no need to be spending over $1000 for any computer. You can assemble a beast machine with way superior specs in that price range.

This is what most of those 'Macs are for cucks' people don't understand. Proverbial I doesn't want to deal with specs, building, installing, optimizing and other related shit. Same proverbial I does not care for game performance and related shit. I want a box that just works and I don't have to fiddle with it, has great battery life and looks ok.
>>
>>71417192
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>71417192
it's the marketing

be the hip affluent white progressive symbol of coolness and every insecure freak in the world wants your stuff for reassurance
>>
they have always been associated with hippies and shit
>>
>>71417456
fuck the San Fran crowd, OS X is better

Apple is the only American tech company staffed by old white dudes who don't give a fuck about diversity
>>
File: 1460478867013.gif (958 KB, 631x339) Image search: [Google]
1460478867013.gif
958 KB, 631x339
>>71422371
>Tfw when any mac OS is just a bloated restricted version of Unix.
>>
>>71422538
Oh apple shills, I guess you had to go somewhere, since /g/ just laughs at you and all.
>>
>>71417456
>Mac OS is 100x better than windows

kek keep telling yourself that, hipster.
>>
File: lemacface.jpg (93 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
lemacface.jpg
93 KB, 400x300
I use a Mac because it's similar to Linux but never ever in public.
>>
>>71422540
>>Tfw when any mac OS is just a bloated restricted version of BSD

FTFY
>>
>>71417192
CHECK THE MAP TIER RARE
>>
>>71422258

>implying that a completely proprietary system marked up 500% can outcompete that same amount of cash invested in top-tier open hardware.

That must be why Macs are the go-to for server farms.
>>
>>71417637
>mac was shit in the 90s and got made fun of for being overpriced with compatability issues
>mac is shit now and gets made fun of for being overpriced with compatability issues
Do you even have an argument?
>>
>>71417456
RARE
>>
>muh gaems
>>
File: 1459326122071.gif (2 MB, 300x160) Image search: [Google]
1459326122071.gif
2 MB, 300x160
>>71422628
Fucking this
>>
>>71422401

Proverbial 'you' are a hipster cuck who wants everything spoonfed to him and never wants to learn how the magical box before him WORKS.

Like I said in other posts, typical Mac user doesn't know a damned thing about how computer hardware or software works, and on top of it you act snooty and smug about being such a cuck.
>>
>not using classic Mac Pro
>not stuffing it with 2x 3.46 GHz Xeon 12 core processors
>not stuffing it with 128GB RAM
>not stuffing it with a Titan X

I dunno, I'm quite satisfied with the beast.
>>
>>71417192
1 out of s 6,080 population is shitposting about an OS on a politics board being associated with a fetish.
What a world we live in.
>>
>>71417192
I'm posting on an imac I've had since 2006, it had one faulty hard drive back in I think 2009 but other than that it's been working like a champ. I've got nothing but good things to say about Apple computers. I still prefer using OS X 10.6 than Windows 10 on my laptop.
>>
>>71422625

>Concerned what people think about what kind of computer he's using

lol wew kill yaself
>>
>>71417192

WHAT IS THIS FLAG
>>
>>71417862
WE
>>
>>71417192
progressiveness is a trend, post-modernism is a trend, everything is against tradition until it is proven.
>>
>>71422856
Who uses a Xenon for a gaming rig? That's server hardware. Rendering perhaps with the Titan?
>>
>>71421051
I got my grandma a $350 laptop and it works fucking fine.
I have no idea how casual users manage to spend so much.
>>
>>71422655
wat iz zis? https://macminicolo.net/

And dude, I was talking about people using personal computers or laptops. You bring in servers. Was I talking about F1 cars?
>>
>>71422365

I like Linux on desktops but it's annoying on laptops because the trackpad never feels right and battery life is a lot worse.

I tried apt-get install laptop-mode-tools but it didn't seem to help. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Some people would rather not spend hours googling how to accomplish a really basic task so that's why Linux isn't as popular.
>>
>>71418148
Macs are still very much dumbed down and simple even today. Windows 8 was a disaster, microsoft made their interface more retarded and confusing.
>>
>>71422856
Kek
>>
>>71422851
Considering I work as computer forensics analyst presenting in court and as penetration tester, I would say I do have some limited understanding of how this magical aluminum piece of tech works.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (176 KB, 700x783) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
176 KB, 700x783
gnostic much?
>>
When people though It was a good idea to spend 30% extra for the same shit because it has a logo on it.
>>
>>71422990
>>71423158
Get it for her when she dropped the one she bought in 2000.
>>
>>71421051
Their screens are nice though.
>>
>>71423198
The point is that Macs are small fish. PC hardware is versatile. It can be anything, and the pricing scales well because of competition from the market. Apple holds a monopoly and sells people underpowered computers as status symbols. That is why you won't see their computers used outside of the casual crowd.
>>
>>71423344
Clearly a very limited, specialized understanding. You obviously find it troublesome to build a PC or install an OS, tasks most of us find pretty easy.
>>
>>71423201
Not sure why you'd have shit battery life. All 3 laptops in my household last longer after I put Linux on them (one Arch, one Debian, one Ubuntu). You might have to play with settings but really no idea. The Trackpad is a real issue though, manufacturers refuse to just make fucking drivers for Linux.

As for googling shit for "basic tasks". Linux is meant for computer literate users and I hope it stays that way so we don't get more baby-proofed distros. The command line is actually a much better way to accomplish some jobs and once you get familiar you never really need to Google anything, but most people don't care to learn new shit. Different strokes...
>>
File: 1459288079196.jpg (36 KB, 420x418) Image search: [Google]
1459288079196.jpg
36 KB, 420x418
>mfw I run Windows 10 on my MacBook.
>>
>>71423866
DERP! why didn't you buy a laptop with the same specs with windows 10?
>>
>>71417192
>>71417294
fpbp.
>>
>>71418543
>wow. you came up with that all by yourself?

Wow. You came up with that all by yourself?
>>
>>71422401

This is what PC autists don't understand. Mac users aren't trying to max out Crysis at 4K resolution so we don't give a damn about your SLI, overclocked i7 system with liquid cooling that you payed $2000 for that outperforms a MacBook Pro in 3Dmark (which is the only thing that matters amirite?)

A lot of PC fags (mostly talking about gamers) think that going to the store and buying a bunch of high end parts makes them computer experts when the so called Mac cuck they're making fun of actually writes software for a living and has a much better understanding of how computers work from a hardware and software perspective.

Life is more than how many TFLOPS your penis extension is capable of producing.
>>
>>71423927
Because he wanted the picture of an apple on the backside
>>
>>71423927
Design and build quality on Apple products is just better. OS X has gone to shit.
>>
>>71421051
The sad thing you can actually build a macbook pro laptop with the same specs for $600 dollars and that isn't exagerating.
>>
>>71423489
Exactly as you said. You can do whatever you want with the PC. Great. Do whatever. I don't want to do whatever with mine, I have enough money to spend and choose what I have chosen and be happy with it.

>>71423724
You clearly are just idiotic shitposter, but I will bite this one last time and try to give you a perspective to look at. If you have installed and configured Windows just enough number of times you don't want to do that anymore. If you have built all your computers from components since you were 12 you don't want to do that when you are 32. When you dig through OS workings every day you come to realize how shitty a lot is on Windows. Give me BSD that is supported on the same level as Mac OS with same range of free and commercial applications and same level of GUI and I will switch. Btw, do you know how much RedHat asks YEARLY for support?
>>
>>71417192
>Buying apple products
>>
>>71423973

Pfft actual software professionals do not use macs you dishonest cunt.
>>
>>71423973
This guy gets it.

Mac users don't care about their computers performence. They just want a computer that lets the whole world know that they enjoy watching black men fuck their wives.

Life is actually about how many miles of black dick your wife has taken and how many gallons of black cum has been squirted into her cavernous cunt.

Learn something from this valiant poster.
>>
>>71424185
>RedHat
why is this even relevant? We're talking about an overpriced, hipster OS vs an all-purpose, albeit bloated, OS. We're not talking about hobby OS's
>>
>>71418221

raaaaaaaaaaaare

flaaaaaaaaaaaag
>>
>>71423771

I'm fairly used to the UNIX command line and it is very powerful compared to a GUI but nobody who starts using it for the first time is going to know what they're doing. There's a learning curve and for a lot of casual users it's not worth the time.

Basic commands that I use on a regular basis, cd, ls, mv, cp, rm, chmod, ./, input and output redirection, pipe, etc. are very easy for me to remember, but for things I rarely do such as tarring and untarring files I always find myself going to google the correct options (too lazy to use -help or man, that always takes more time). Generally any command that I only use once or twice in my life I can't remember, idk maybe I'm just retarded.

The thing I like about OSX is it's based on UNIX so it inherits all those commands. The default Windows command shell is absolutely pitiful in comparison.
>>
>>71423973
If so many mac users write software why doesn't Mac even have an original OS, why do they just use modified Unix environments? Oh what's that? Your a lying faggot and most tech professionals not only don't use macs but actually hate them? Imagine that?
>>
>>71417192

https://youtu.be/yQdbbzeLitk
>>
>>71424824
>The default Windows command shell is absolutely pitiful in comparison.

No it is fine you just don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>71424754
>RedHat
>hobby OS

hahahaha
>>
>He doesn't run a GNU/Linux distribution
>>71424754
>Hobby OS
>RedHat
Fuckin lmao.
>>
>>71417192
It's a gringo thing, here is related as a wealthy, owning a mac= have some dough in the bank, it's a stable os and I don't need an Antivirus, haven't had any problems with my MacBook pro and it's being with me since 2011 most laptops I used to own lasted me a year
>>
File: mac.jpg (69 KB, 578x641) Image search: [Google]
mac.jpg
69 KB, 578x641
>>
>>71419166
Windows cmd console is shit, nearly all my software development colleagues use Apple cause it has better software and you can't develop IOS apps realistically without one
>>
>>71424824
>The default Windows command shell is absolutely pitiful in comparison.
Not since PowerShell.
>>
>>71417192
>and you can never convince me otherwise.
Do you even know what GNU/Lunix is?
>>
>>71425003
>IOS apps realistically without one
Sorry anon but I almost fall from my chair.
>>
>>71424912

With an out of the box Windows installation you can't even compile a basic C program with gcc. You have to constantly modify the environment variable to make use of additional commands.

And then Windows uses those retarded backslashes so any time I programmatically reference a file path I have to make sure all the backslashes are escaped. And when writing C that uses native Windows libraries the variable and function names are always ugly and fully capitalized. Just doing something analogous to fork() in Windows is a helluva lot more involved than in UNIX.

Windows just pisses me off in a lot of ways.
>>
>>71417192
>no one wanted to use anything Mac bc it was hard and way more complicated than windows shit
>when I had to nigger-rig together all kids of software, was using "wordperfect" just to type a paper
>If you were using one in late 90s in middle school, you were literally on your own trying to find software that would even run on the motherfucker.

Macs sounds like absolute shit
>>
>>
Fellow programmers who ended up with a mac all decided to just install windows on them. macs are only for retards who want their computer to just werk. macs are not even better for photo editing or any shit like that.
>>
>>71417192
>even Steve Jobs himself didn't want his children to use shitty apple devices
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 486x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 486x534
>>71422540
> restricted

Not really. Apple user since 1988, from Apple II to today. Regular terminal user, and run servers with BSD and different forms of Linux for a business. It's nice not having to switch OSes to test deployments, and still to have relative ease of use when I don't want to work in the terminal.

Anyone hating on apple is an edgelord, typically faggot just mad that it got popular. Same people used to be butthurt and be mad about the one button mouse (another illogical faggot argument)

Most people here saying "muh UNIX" probably do no real work in UNIX but installed fagbuntu once to act edgy, then went back to Windows just for their neckbeard gaming
>>
>>71425095
Do you? Because the acronym GNU literally means "GNUs not UNIX" you fucking retard
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>71426428
>regular terminal user
>le linux = ubuntu meme
>>
>>71423344
So, how does penetration testing work? You stuff your dick into stuff? What's the most gross thing you penetrated?
>>
>>71417789
they don't cost more though

a MacBook Pro is a least a couple hundred bucks cheaper than an equivalent machine from Samsung or LG
>>
apple is an evil corporation
>>
>>71419166
if you had parents you'd know PCs do break down every week
>>
>>71421051
>he bought a plastic laptop for $1200

buyer's remorse, the post
>>
>>71421388
>spells it MAC
>calls others cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 717x880
>>71426809
Sweet I didn't know this was a UNIX dick waving contest. Let's talk about how I built a microkernel for a medical device company for an embedded BSD system.

Or how I still have a working install of Plan9.

You really wanna go there you fucking greasy dago faggot? No wonder your people have always been the mudslime-tier shit niggers of Europe along with the gypsies.
>>
File: >mfwsomeonewaspooraroundme.jpg (195 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
>mfwsomeonewaspooraroundme.jpg
195 KB, 590x421
>tfw i use apple and dont give a shit because im not poor and I like the OS
>>
>>71427441
Top kike
>>
>>71423489
>causal crowd
>every engineer at NASA uses a Mac

>>
>>71417192
Mac is infirer to pc in every way.

From gaming to work.

Windos has his fingers every where in.

Most important thing is work.

Drivers and office applications.

And ofcorse the price. For one mac i get 3 to 4 office pc's.

A company shits on style. It wants profit.
>>
>>71417192
Macs have always been overpriced, substandard, hipster machines. They were always for cucks.
>>
>>71427441
Yeah most of the people here bitching about Apple are poor gamers who don't leave their mom's fucking basement
>>
>>71427716
> inferer

Is that how they spell it in Arabic?
>>
God people who actually care about this shit deserve to be gassed
I have an iPhone because they work fine and I can just upgrade to a newer one when this one gets old
>>
>>71427660
The computer science department I adjunct at has multiple Mac labs. They used to have lots of Solaris, but the ability to Dev for UNIX and for mobile devices was preferred.
>>
>>71427857
Teach me nigger bro. You learnd the language of your master pretty well.
>>
File: 1333323892637.jpg (51 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
1333323892637.jpg
51 KB, 325x400
whats more hipster thinkpads or macs?
>>
>>71427945
Jesus Ahmed you really have been cucked into the stone age
>>
File: 1459376274332.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459376274332.jpg
427 KB, 1920x1080
>>71424054
>>71424054
>Design and build quality on Apple products is just better. OS X has gone to shit.
>>
>>71417192
I also use Mac because my family had been using it since the dawn of mankind. I've never used windows computers.
>>
Macs always costed more then pc
>>
File: 1459745461870.png (311 KB, 652x669) Image search: [Google]
1459745461870.png
311 KB, 652x669
>>71428035
Macs are niggercuck taste.

thinkpads are patrician taste.

THIS IS NOW A /g/ THREAD WHORES
>>
>>71417192
>>71417456
When they're paying $1,500 for an Apple product they can spend $500 for a PC, they are cucks.

I don't get the excuse that is has better programs either. I find it hard to believe they haven't been ported or something just as good or better hasn't been made for the PC.
>>
File: 1458501997720.jpg (581 KB, 1329x1917) Image search: [Google]
1458501997720.jpg
581 KB, 1329x1917
>>
>>71427716
Windows is worthless now that M$ turned it into NSA OS
>>
>>71428225
Gaming is degenerate and for fat waste of space cucks.
>>
>>71418221
>breaking down every 3 weeks

Only if you're a retard
>>
File: TRANNIES CODE.png (55 KB, 534x344) Image search: [Google]
TRANNIES CODE.png
55 KB, 534x344
>>71428314
I never said anything about gamu you fat neckbeard
>>
>>71428284
> Spic implying he even knows what those basic commands mean
>>
File: 1318443558580.jpg (190 KB, 796x743) Image search: [Google]
1318443558580.jpg
190 KB, 796x743
>>71428225
WE TAKING THIS BOARD OVER /POL/

WE PULLING A 187 ON YO ASSES
>>
File: wtf.jpg (146 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
146 KB, 960x720
>>71417192
>>71417192
>>71417192
>>71417192
>>71417192
R A R E
>>
>>71428434
Sweet demotivator of a thread from 2008 you faggot
>>
File: 1277916419034.jpg (630 KB, 936x936) Image search: [Google]
1277916419034.jpg
630 KB, 936x936
itt
>>
>>71417192
What's it like living in your cunt?

>shit / good?
> niggers?
>>
File: 1459113023802.png (648 KB, 825x707) Image search: [Google]
1459113023802.png
648 KB, 825x707
>>71417456
>>71417637
>>71417741
>Getting anything work on macs is a real pain in the cock.
>This means they are far superior to any other OS.

This is fucking baffling. Usually Macfags go for the "no viruses" or "easier to use" meme. I've never seen anybody try to prop up one of the main problems as being a good thing before

A FUCKING BOAT
>>
>>71428426
she didn't even use else if
inefficient programming
>>
>>71417192
Apple phones, computers, and tablets are literally for woman and children. They are retard tier products.
>>
File: 1256044309605.jpg (46 KB, 526x358) Image search: [Google]
1256044309605.jpg
46 KB, 526x358
>>71428512
>>
Not saying Macs are bad but lately Windows laptops are better. The Surface Book is probably the best laptop released.

On the other hand you can totally tell there is heavy imitation going on.
>>
>>71428312
>it turnd in too
>implaying A$ is not giving everything to abc agencys

As if i would care.

Retards save terror plots on powerpoint presetations.
>>
>>71417192
Nice economy

> I CANT BELIEVE HOW RARE THIS FLAG IS!
>>
>>71428284
>>71428427
Command prompt looks like

I remember DOS
>>
File: Code kikebook.jpg (226 KB, 869x1776) Image search: [Google]
Code kikebook.jpg
226 KB, 869x1776
>>71428427>>71428512

Just a whore trying to acces a non-existant directory through commands.
Even worse is her fucking "program" at the top.

>>71428633
>she
>>
>>71417192
have you lived at St Pierre your whole life?

It's so small what do you do you groceries? Schooling? Healthcare?
>>
>>71428700
>rock lobster

Heh
>>
File: 毛泽东.jpg (7 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
毛泽东.jpg
7 KB, 278x181
>>71417192
Apple is cool. Chinese love their tuhao shit and everything Chinese love is cool in my books.
>>
>>71428225
>mexican likes rebranded Lelnovo budget crap laptops

um, okay?
>>
File: 1455660184658.png (338 KB, 636x374) Image search: [Google]
1455660184658.png
338 KB, 636x374
>>71428808
>>
>>71428284

This sums up apple fucks perfectly.
>>
>>71417192
when it claimed not to be a pc after switching over to intel structure
>>
File: 1460164129515.jpg (88 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
1460164129515.jpg
88 KB, 600x911
>>71428902
You ahve been shitposting the entire fucking thread along with this other faggot>>71428512

Stop it already

Here, have a(You)
>>
>>71417192
>mac
>more complicated
how to spot the retard.
>>
File: pomf javascript.png (273 KB, 1058x786) Image search: [Google]
pomf javascript.png
273 KB, 1058x786
My favorite
>>
File: 1272645991777.png (18 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1272645991777.png
18 KB, 800x400
>>
File: 1458582493377.jpg (125 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
1458582493377.jpg
125 KB, 2040x1360
>>71429611
Missing an animu background desu
>>
>>71418493

Companies use macs because Macs because no one makes viruses or other programs out side of ones ment for work or production, and even then PC does it better.

Aside from Blizzard games and itunes apple computers can't even handle flash games from 2003. It's good for when you don't want your employes sitting on facebook all day cause the computer can even run it.
>>
>>71418578
>>71419166

Yup. Mine cost about $600 and it's lasted me for 4 years. My brother just build another computer too. Costed him about $1000 but that's because he insisted on getting a really fancy case and a blu ray player which he didn't need at all. It's really nice and will probably last him a good 8 years if he doesn't upgrade it.
>>
>>71429837
I find it hard to believe with Mac's explosion in popularity no one has made viruses or malware.
>>
>>71417741

>Mac
>Better for gaming.

Hows Warcraft 3 treating you?
>>
File: 1256061947698.png (178 KB, 320x268) Image search: [Google]
1256061947698.png
178 KB, 320x268
>>71429709
>>
Nobody gives a shit about gaming except autistic faggot fat neckbeards
>>
>>71430110
they have malware and ransomware. just not that widespread
>>
>>71423158
They don't understand how irrelevant computer power is for the shit that casuals do
>>
File: 2009-05-06.gif (106 KB, 650x1560) Image search: [Google]
2009-05-06.gif
106 KB, 650x1560
>>71418926
Do you really want more frogs?
>>
File: newmacvshp[1].jpg (45 KB, 425x583) Image search: [Google]
newmacvshp[1].jpg
45 KB, 425x583
>>71423973
>>71424683

>Macs don't care about performance.
>Paying tripple the amount for a computer that can't perform.
>Wonder why people call you retarded.
>>
>>71417192
dude this has nothing to do with politics whatsoever

go to >>>/g/ if you want to be BTFO'd
>>
>>71417192
Whatever you are using, your keyboard is broken as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 450x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 450x327
>>71430432
> posting specs from 2007
> calling other people retsrded but can't spell the word "triple" correctly
>>
>>71430591
>posting specs from 2007

Because no one bought those in 2007?
>>
>>71423973
I just don't understand why you would pay so much for a computer then, Apple are 1500$ facebook machines for computer illiterates.
>>
When they stopped using IBM.
>>
File: Selection_872.png (10 KB, 636x330) Image search: [Google]
Selection_872.png
10 KB, 636x330
Meanwhile...
>mfw
>>
File: image.png (291 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
image.png
291 KB, 619x406
>>71430676

> being so mad about people having more money than you

should probably just kill yourself famalam
>>
>>71423973
>actually writes software

Top kek. Mac fags don't write software or do anything technical. They're too busy complaining about how hard it is to plug a mouse into the computer to do that.

That's why Apple's motto is "it just works" meaning, "Don't think about it, or learn how the computer works, just hand us your money you stupid consumer."
>>
>pc shits complaining about macs because they can't afford it
>>
Software developer reporting in.

PCucks: le 60fps on latest autist game meme

Mac user: I need a solid, reliable software platform to build solid, reliable software
>>
>>71430851
> ignored all my previous discussion about writing an entire microkernel on a Mac for actual business use

never seen a neckbeard so beta
>>
RARE
FLAG

>>71430772
That hostname sounds like you used an installer.
kys
>>
>>71430805
Just because you have more money doesn't mean you need to spend it like a retard
>>
>>71430591
>implying it's not just as true today
Compare the new macbooc with every other laptop, even other "ultrabooks".
>>
>>71431033
That's the point.
kek
>>
>>71431042
I'm buying what I like and prefer to work with. You're buying a meme PC because you're poor and trying to justify it with "muh gamez"
>>
>>71417192

Even the fucking Amiga outclassed the Mac. Apple in general has never been a serious contender until 2007 with the rise of smartphones. The company has always been cuck city. Always.
>>
>>71422365
>he doesn't run Tails
what a faggot, amirite?
>>
>>71431303
> not knowing RISC vs CISC

more cuckoldry from Ahmed
>>
>>71424185
>If you have installed and configured Windows just enough number of times you don't want to do that anymore.

Mac fag doesn't know about cloning your disk, or building a custom system install disk with all your software and settings preconfigured for you.

>If you have built all your computers from components since you were 12 you don't want to do that when you are 32

Mac fag thinks that your only option is to built completely from scratch or pay 5000$ on Apple's latest flagship. Thing about PCs is that you can buy kits, barebones, do everything yourself or only minimal customization. Hell, you can even buy an OEM model and customize it if you're lazy.

Can't do that with a Mac, because you are only there to make Apple richer, not get value for your product.

>When you dig through OS workings every day you come to realize how shitty a lot is on Windows.

Mac fag thinks that PC = Windows and on top of that thinks that Windows is a monolith OS, and not a subset of many different OSs.

>Give me BSD

Or one of the hundreds of flavors of Linux, of Unix, or even one of the experimental OSs out there. Or even build your own. Because the power is in your hands. Well, not YOUR hands, since you're a Mac fag hipster cuck.

>Btw, do you know how much RedHat asks YEARLY for support?

Because Fedora doesn't exist.
>>
>>71430591
Its almost like hes a troll
>>
>>71431457
damn you are pretty buttflustered about his choice in computers
>>
I fell for the 'Apple is for fags' meme, until i got a nice MacBook Air by pure coincidence (former owner thought it was broken, except it wasn't).

Now i almost exclusively use this sleek little thing and almost never bother powering up my mid-tier windows machine.
The OS is just waaaay superior to windows and the quality of the hardware feels fucking nice.

I'll never go back to windows.
I'm a software developer by the way.
>>
Reminder that the only reason OP isn't posting this thread in /g/ right now is because someone called him a cuck for posting a non-riced OS X on a /g/ desktop thread.
>>
>>71431368

Do you have OCD faggot? You respond to every second post in this thread. And what does risc have to do with anything?
>>
>>71418221
>In long run, you end up saving cash bc the motherfucker isn't breaking down every 3 weeks, never have the type of software clusterfucks you do on a PC, etc.

Ah, did I hit a time warp into 1998?

You know that in the last twenty years Microsoft moved fully into NT and perfected it as a stable, scaleable, high-performance OS right?

Not to mention that you're still arguing that PC = Windows because you're a hipster cuck who knows nothing about how computers work or what an OS even is.
>>
>>71417192
How much did Tim Cuck pay you? Bet you're now the richest guy wherever you are
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 500x545
>>71431735
> Windows 10
> stable and high performance compared to any UNIX based system
>>
>>71417294
>I've never used an Apple product but they look nice, so they must only be fashion accessories
>>
>>71431249
How does it feel to be a nigger with 5k car and 10k golden rims?
>>
>>71431572
>I'll never go back to windows.
I'm a software developer by the way.

I call BS because MacOS isn't for software developers in the same way Android is not for servers.

Software developers go where the market is big. That means either Windows (games, apps, etc.), or Linux (servers).
>>
>>71417192
Valid discussion and all but does this even belong in /pol? Did u post in the wrong place by mistake? It happens
>>
File: gentoo.png (127 KB, 517x397) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.png
127 KB, 517x397
I use a Mac, normies and edgy retards like >>71417294 think that they're just fashion accessories even though they're perfectly fine computers.

I bet most of the people in this thread don't even know what UNIX is, much less why Mac being unix-like and coming with a terminal/bash out of the box is nice
>>
>>71431564
Nah. I just love to hate on Mac and haven't done so in years. I have a hateon right now.
>>
>>71431932
I wouldn't know, I'm white and make mid six figures.
>>
>>71431839

You obviously have no clue what Windows NT is. Look it up.

Also look up Windows Server.
>>
>>71432251
Windows Vista was an NT base. What's your point?
>>
>>71431249
So you admit your 15000$ computer is essentially only good for web browsing.

Only gaming, servers, and hardcore data crunching from the likes of research rigs, would tend to need the investment. Otherwise you have an eMachine.
>>
I work with computers for a living tier:
unix
solaris

I use computers as a hobby tier:
winblows

I use my computer to update my facebook and check huffpo tier:
mac
>>
>>71432379
I'm a software engineer you retard. I write complex systems for medical devices, and use my Mac for everything, including device emulation for testing
>>
>>71431249
Tons of small programs I use are only for Windows, from Rocksmith 2014 DLC converter to 3DS CIA converter
>>
>>71432317
Vista was NT base plus a whole lot of new software geared for consumers. I'm talking about Windows Server.
>>
>>71432609
No you're saying NT is inherently good. Vista proved otherwise. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>71432524
Good to know. I'll be sure to avoid getting a heart attack in any neighbourhood where the hospitals installed your applications.
>>
>>71432684
Yes, I am saying that Windows NT is inherently good. I am also agreeing that Windows Vista was trash. These are not mutually exclusive, or contradictions.

Windows Vista was trash because it was NT PLUS a bunch of other junk. Not because NT made it junk.
>>
>>71432728
Hospitals don't buy my software, it's embedded on the device you moron. Physically burned onto the chips. Why? Because low latency is important in determining vitals.

Oh and it's in use at thousands of hospitals worldwide, specifically in ICUs.

Why do you think I'm paid more in a year than you'll make in a decade?
>>
>>71432115
But this is exactly what you do and from what I know not every nigger can afford golden rims either.
>>
hahaha mac sucks
>>
>>71433111
t. Ebola Barbosa
>>
>>71432971
>admits to being a rich yuppie hipster

You just proved my argument for me. Still not going to let your cuckware anywhere near me. I prefer to live, and not be turned into a massive faggot like you.
>>
>>71432987
You don't understand--Macs are decent computers in their own right and sometimes they're quite competitive. They run a unix-like operating system, have good battery life (where applicable), come with nice, high-res screens in many cases, have fast, PCI-based storage, etc. In many cases, there are few or even no competitors in a given price range for all specs.

The 5k iMac is a fair buy, for example--the display is amazing (and costs upward of $1k by itself when purchased separately) and the rest of the kit isn't too bad, all things considered. They're great for normal usage, things like development, etc. Yeah, you can't play Call of Duty on it, but so what?
>>
>>71417192
For a long time, SolidWorks and AutoCAD simply didn't support Macs. Now they do I think, though SolidWorks you generally still have to dual-boot into Windows. Maybe when I buy my next computer.
>>
>>71417192
>If you don't use your computer for gaming, a MAc is clearly a superior machine, and you can never convince me otherwise.

Yea, thats what my father said until he realized Mac is fucking trash, and built himself a PC from scratch for cheap.
>>
>>71433250
you sound like a young kid or a teenager
>>
>>71432524
>and use my Mac for everything

Then you are childish faggot.

Stop posting no one cares.
>>
>>71431249
>PC because you're poor

This is why apple babies are so pathetic.
>>
>>71433289
I'm not saying they're bad 5k car is a decent car after all but it doesn't change the fact you picked the one with 10k golden rims because radio play nice.
>>
>>71433289
>Macs are decent computers in their own right

They are first and foremost status symbols. Being a good computer is secondary to Apple. That is why they market like a cult, and act like a monopoly to prevent competition within their niche. They are a ludicrous profit-making scheme in action.

>They run a unix-like operating system

So? I can buy a 50$ PC which will run Linux or BSD beautifully and will work splendidly as a software development tool.

>have fast, PCI-based storage,

Look up M.2

>The 5k iMac is a fair buy,

Not really. There used to be a seller of Hackware Apple PCs which were essentially custom-built towers which ran a cracked version of OSX. They cost very little compared to Apple and had the same or better specs. Apple, of course, shut them down because competition could ruin their ability to separate you, the spendthrift consumer, from thick wads of cash.

>-the display is amazing

Apple isn't the only maker of displays.

>Yeah, you can't play Call of Duty on it, but so what?

So you spent 5000$ on a computer that can't even do something an 800$ one can.
>>
>>71433665
Computers are not cars. Something being nice doesn't mean it's extravagant, vulgar, or even unnecessary.
>Poland
You come from a country where the average person makes in a year less than I make in a month and you're complaining about what is ultimately a high-end item--you understand why your perspective on this is probably very skewed, right?
>>
>>71433250
> rich

Yes I am. I also get annual bonuses and stock.

> yuppie hipster

These are oxymorons and I don't think you understand why
>>
>>71433441
Nah, I just hate Apple.
>>
>>71417192
Is using a proxy to be a rare flag equivalent to being a tripfag?
>>
Reminder that a Liberia poster came to shit talk macs. You are all on the same tier as an Ebola infested nigger haven.
>>
>>71433896
You're one of those retards who greentexts everything line by line and then pretends he's somehow refuted everything I've said... but almost everything you've said is either total bullshit or is simply irrelevant or missing the point somehow.
>There used to be a seller of Hackware Apple PCs which were essentially custom-built towers which ran a cracked version of OSX
"Used to be"? What you're referring to is known as Hackintosh--OS X running with custom kexts to make it work on non-Apple hardware. It's easy to set up and anyone can do it. The fact that some idiots sold hackintoshes (illegal btw) doesn't prove anything at all. They also have a lot of downsides because they're supported only by some hobbyist who casually works on it on weekends.

You've said effectively nothing here other than "it's expensive and if it can't play video games, it's not a worthy computer"

You sound like a 12-year-old and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>71434012
Is it?
>>
>>71433979
>Nah, I just hate Apple.
so you're some kind of reverse fanboy, then? you do realize how stupid and childish that is, right?
>>
Buying shit apple products does not mean you are wealthy you little shits.
>>
>>71433901
>You come from a country where the average person makes in a year less than I make in a month

Muh shekles.

No ones cares what a pissant like you makes per year. You already informed us all that you don't know how to get value for your dollar, which means that what you consider a good deal or an investment is meaningless.

Who cares if you make 100x what some dirt-farmer makes per day, if you still pay 1000x what he does on your necessities.
>>
800% of you niggers have no problem running up $200 a month on fucking steam to sit on your ass and play world of witchcraft with some gook for for long he literally has a heart attack sitting in his chair at 23 years old, and you want to sit here telling me how awful macs are bc they're $200 more than you're pre-rigged, nigger-rigged, home-built pcs?

Niggers, please. You like to feel superior so you can save that $200-$300 you spend in a month on papa john's anyway.
>>
>>71434173

You are a faggot who has loyalty to a fucking product only due to marketing and status.

Die in fire you little shit.
>>
>>71434259
Why do apple babies try to make this into a "you cannot afford it" issue?
>>
>>71434255
>You already informed us all that you don't know how to get value for your dollar
but that's wrong
>>71434284
>loyalty
What? I'm debating what amount to fairly objective facts here while you fling poop like a monkey.
>>
>>71433909
I think you've already made it abundantly clear what a windbag you are.

>Software developer.
>Muh Apple.
>Muh Shekels.

What a faggot.
>>
>>71434284
I've been using Apple since the 80s, status is most definitely not why I use one. But please continue to make an ass of yourself.
>>
File: 1381094778702.jpg (322 KB, 896x1199) Image search: [Google]
1381094778702.jpg
322 KB, 896x1199
>>71417637

what country is this
>>
>>71434347
>"it's overpriced!"
>not being able to afford something doesn't make it overpriced
>"WHY DO YOU BRING UP WHETHER OR NOT I CAN AFFORD IT ;____;"

this thread in a nutshell
>>
>>71434431
You use apple products, that makes you the ass fucking master.
>>
>>71434487
Saying something is overpriced does not mean a person cannot afford it.

What is wrong with your shit brain?
>>
>>71434585
do you really not understand the irony here?
>with your shit brain
Are you 12 years old...?
>>
>>71434198
Almost as childish as, say, arguing on a NatSoc forum about how one's tone is, right?

This is a Mac hate thread made by a troll. Pick a side, hate away, and let it be.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.