[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /pol/ It has come to my realization that i am in the wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: _42328901_seating_pos3_416.gif (11 KB, 416x215) Image search: [Google]
_42328901_seating_pos3_416.gif
11 KB, 416x215
Hi /pol/

It has come to my realization that i am in the wrong field of work. I graduate my Bsc in nursing next month, but i regret that decision.

Horrible work hours, horrible pay, horrible coworkers (Seriously, working among women as a man is not as fun as it might seem like). Meanwhile i am daily looked down upon on and yelled at by patient relatives, because i don't have enough time to do my work. This is making me apathetic.

I am therefore into getting an engineering degree instead, more particular a chemical engineering degree. Any engineers here who knows the cons/pros of your field? Or is this field of work not worth getting into?

Pic not related
>>
>>71414452
Bump because worthwhile.
>>
>>71414452
>chemical engineering
You'll end up working in the middle east
>electrical engineering
You'll end up working for your country's ministry of defence
>mechanical engineering
You'll end up not working
>civil engineering
You'll end up working for your local council
>>
>>71414452
>Bsc in nursing
wat

Engineering at an FH in germany seems easy enough. Many of my friends do it and only the stoners have problems.
My father is an electrical engineer who has trouble finding jobs because he is too old and demands too much pay.
I wouldn't get my hopes up, the market is flooded with engineers at this point.
>>
>>71414452
Nursing and engineering seem like two fields really far from the other.

What led you to that decission? Maybe you'll regret engineering too?
>>
>>71415137
>the market is flooded at this point
Which job market isn't?
>>
>>71415555
>Nice quads

I remember that in the unemployement office of my city they had a board with the "high-request/low-interest" jobs that were places like graveyards where nobody wanted to work and they had always jobs aviable.

That board doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>71415555
In Norway? A lot of the trades needs people. Health sector has shortage of nurses and stuff for example. The trades will always be in demand for another 20 years at least
>>
>>71415555
I don't know, but what I meant was you have to be really fucking good to be able to compete with autists who built their own radio with 10, their own OS with 15 and their own drugs with 20.
It's just that I don't know how good your engineering and math skills are, but as a nurse chances are they suck really hard.
>>
>>71415088
Mechanical engineer here. This is accurate.
>>
>>71415549
They are, but so are my interests. I have always had an interest in the human body, and in math/science. I can't work without the "problem solving aspect". Nursing is all about those soft values, not really getting anything concrete done. This is driving me crazy, as i have discovered about myself that i need that aspect of my work life, where i feel like i have accomplished a goal or a project.
>>
>>71415968
surgery, dental work, making limbs and shit
>>
>>71415968
I dont have the grades to get into med school, otherwise working towards being a surgeon has always been a dream.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.