[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Amish people, why are there so many of them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: big-amish-family.jpg (136 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
big-amish-family.jpg
136 KB, 800x400
Redpill me on Amish people, why are there so many of them
>>
why don't they get cancer?
>>
>>71414293
They make up around 1% of the population growth (not including immigration) but they only make up 0.1% of the total population
>>
>>71414293
welp just read there is about 300.000 of them
144.000 that are mentioned in revelation might be them guess we all doomed ;_;
>>
>>71414413
Still too much for a cult
>>
>>71414293
Because they have shitloads of children.
>>
>>71414427
They're not a cult. They're one of the only functioning sectors of society.
>>
Germans are fucking weird
>>
>>71414293
Although they do not integrate into American society, they do not kill or terrorize Americans.
>>
All I know is that they look like jews and don't use technology.
>>
>>71414413
Aren't they meant to be about 10% of the US pop by about 2200 or something?
>>
>>71414482
>>71414486
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Baviera
>>
>>71414293

The Amish and Mennonites are Dutch/German religious puritans. Nothing more, nothing less. I live in New York... none where I live, have to drive into Pennsylvania to even see them. Although sects or members are extreme or corrupt they're people like anyone else. Same marital issues, same bullshit issues with their children, no distractions from televisions, radios or the internet. That's a plus. Salt of the Earth people.

Their schooling stops at age 12 I think. That's awful. I've met a few shunned Amish people where we live and they're functionally retarded as a consequence of being brought up in a simpler lifestyle. Assimilation is hard for them apparently.

Their food is good, I like shoo-fly-pie a lot.

They're just super religious people who refuse to assimilate into the modern world as it takes attention and praise away from God. I have no problems with that. There are absolutely no door knockers or missionaries walking around trying to convert people to their unique lifestyle either...quite the contrary they're like Jews, making it very very hard for "English/Goyim" to convert to their way of being.

In the chaos of this modern world I actually take pride in their religious fanaticism and unwillingness to let go of tradition. Anyone who could find fault with these people are the methheads and hucklebucks surrounding their farms who are too poor to fix their circumstances in life.
>>
>>71414564

STEALTH
T
E
A
L
T
H
>>
>>71414328

natty, hatty living.
>>
I believe the premise of the Amish way of life is non-competition and cooperation.

Farming is non competitive, they figure. That's why they farm.
>>
They'd be all right if they were less inbred. Like seriously, whenever I see them most of their kids look like they have downs.
>>
Please gib Amish back to Germany
>>
I live in Amish country, and I shop in their stores all the time. Most of the Amish are really great people. My best friend's mother was Amish, and her half of the family is still Amish. They're good people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.