[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the minimum wage goes up to 15 bucks, where will the entry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 1459811067198.jpg (31 KB, 385x286) Image search: [Google]
1459811067198.jpg
31 KB, 385x286
If the minimum wage goes up to 15 bucks, where will the entry level jobs be?
>>
>>71413869

you'll have to rely on nepotism just to enter the work force
>>
>>71413984
so nothing changes?
>>
>>71413869
If the minimum wage goes up to $15 in America, it will become first world and I don't want that. I love being able to laugh at America for being a third world nation full of niggers and spics.
>>
>>71414017

I don't know what it's like in mid-tier european countries, but in USA you don't need connections just to get a fast food job.
>>
File: 1411616918433.png (187 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1411616918433.png
187 KB, 499x499
>>71413984
No wonder it's being proposed by a jew
>>
>>71413869
You think shit jobs don't exist because the minimum wage goes up?
>>
>>71414152
This. If anything they'll reduce the work force and increase prices.
>>
I saw some statistics recently that showed that a minimum wage increase had broad cross party support at crazy high levels (something like 80%).

And yet if you're on reddit or 4chan you would think otherwise.

Very strange stuff, this...
>>
Americans must be losing brain cells from all the niggers. Even if they tax you to raise the minimum wage it would still be less than paying 20% extra on each take away meal, seeing as you fat fucks eat out every day.

Fucking third world balls of lard.
>>
Let's say I work a job that currently pays 15/hour, and the work is more involved than a minimum wage burger-flipping job. The government then raises min-wage to 15/hour, so the burger flippers are making just as much money as me, despite having an easier job that requires less qualifications or whatever. What incentive do I have to work my current job if I can get paid the same doing easier work?

The answer, of course, is that people would stop working and the employer would need to raise wages accordingly to make the job worthwhile. So now my 15/hour job is now paying 25/hour due to basic supply and demand. But then there is someone else working a harder job at 25/hour and they quit because they could just work the job I currently work at 25/hour instead, and it's the same problem as before. So now that job would also need to raise wages to keep people incentivized to work there. Keep repeating this, more or less, until the price of everything has increased and devalued wages to the point where that 15/hour is worth the same as 7.50/hour used to be.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>71413869
Something like this
>>
>>71413869
came here for dog
bump for dog
>>
>>71413869
>where will the entry level jobs be
you'll work for free as an 'intern.' Have fun.
>>
>immediate effect
job losses
more automation
more unemployed
>mid term effect
marginal small businesses close
more welfare spending
more illegal employment
price increases in all affected industries
>long term effect
reduced economic growth
higher taxes
less social mobility
more inflation
>>
>>71414440
This will eventually happen. The total beauty of this situation however, is that imported goods will not change value in USD, but will be easier to obtain, because internal labor cost of importer country has very little effect on currency rates.

However in short term middle class will be absolutely devastated.
>>
>>71413869
Pizza Deliver guy here. If the minimum wage went up to 15 bucks, I'd pay my boss 5 dollars an hour to let me keep my job.
>>
File: pepe dundee le tip.jpg (14 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
pepe dundee le tip.jpg
14 KB, 249x249
>>71414075
At least they'll NEVER have 92% whites like us. They'll be a white minority in 15 years.
>>
>>71414075
t. King of Emus
>>
>>71413869
If unskilled labor pay is 15$ that would double what min wage is now. Do you think anywhere would be able to afford to pay actual skilled laborers double what they make now? Or even 7$ more? No, they won't. So you'll definitely be paying more for any real work you need done, or those that can do real jobs will steal the unskilled labor job for a minor pay cut, be better and more efficient at it than like 4 or 5 of the people that can ONLY do unskilled labor. Also qualify for all the bernie benifits because they make min wage. Unemployment goes up because 1 person can replace 4 in unskilled labor jobs. Quality of life goes down because nobody is going to want to do skilled work for job owners that won't pay for it for people that can't pay for it.
>>
>>71414607
Imagine how many more people would tip you immediately after the increase.

Even if prices slowly go up in response, that initial moment....
>>
>>71414440
While your logic makes sense the labour market in the US is currently far too saturated for the knock-on effect to travel very far up the ladder. People refusing to work would simply be replaced with Mexicans and Chinese willing to work for the lower rate. We have the same problem in the UK.

Not defending minimum wage increases, just saying your reasoning applies to a healthy and freely fluctuating market, rather than one where labour is immediately replaceable.
>>
>>71413869
in mexico
>>
>>71414440

>t. George Mason University graduate, BSc in Economics

You're a pathetic excuse for a human being if you actually believe that. I hope you do. I'd rather you be stupid, than a cunning shill.
>>
president
>>
>>71414672
Except its physically impossible for 1 person to replace 4 where I work.

Everyone is already hauling ass and barely able to deliberately succeed in keeping up.

I'll just be earning a lot more for the same work, basically. The business is profitable enough that it won't change a thing. Already ran the numbers based on our actual sales.
>>
>>71414572
>implying your government won't use rising welfare costs and already rampant deficit spending as an excuse to pump up inflation
don't be naive anon, the general populace will never see the benefits of that
you're also neglecting the fact that there are many, many minimum wage workers employed in transit, shipping and handling that will have to be paid the higher rate, increasing expenses for importers and driving up the price of imported goods to meet their new costs
>>
>>71414630
>>71414075

Low quality bants from the aussies, we expect more from you
>>
>>71413869
> need doctorate in Pizza Delivery to get job in pizza delivery
>>
>>71414676
>Imagine how many more people would tip you immediately after the increase.

Certainly not any of the Bernie people. They'd act smug and say "you're welcome" for giving me the "raise," and then tell me to go get them their fucking peppers or whatever from the car and leave me with dick. It's what they do now, "oh you know, it's hard being a student,"

You're eating 50 dollars worth of fucking Pizza and telling me it's hard making ends meet in college, I live on steel cut oats and turkey, what the fuck do any of these faggots know about struggle?
>>
>>71414720
That's true as well, there are many other downsides of raising min wage, and I only mentioned one. Bottom line is that raising the min wage solves nothing.

>>71414767
Not an argument.
>>
>>71413869
Awwwww
>>
>>71414440
no one's gonna leave their job to work at mcdonalds. minimum wage jobs are the most difficult and unpleasant jobs there are.
>>
>>71414842
>I'll just be earning a lot more for the same work, basically.

You'll be paid more individual dollars, but they'll be worth less, because the market will naturally adjust prices upwards to fit the new bottom line.
>>
>>71414767
Skilled labor worker here. Auto tech 12+ years exp. Make about $20/hr. I'll tell you if min wage goes up to $15 an hour, I'm asking my boss for $35/hr. If i dont get it, I'm going to work in a walmart or something putting boxed on shelves in the heat and a/c for a minor pay cut. Where I'd qualify for all sorts of NEET type benefits because i have a family.
>>
>>71415022
>minimum wage jobs are the most difficult and unpleasant there are
if that were even remotely true they wouldn't be minimum wage jobs
see: garbage collectors, sewage workers, agricultural farm hands
If you genuinely believe flipping burgers in a hot kitchen qualifies as 'difficult' I really don't know what to say to you
>>
>>71415079
>minimum wage increases
>prices inflate to parity
>the only difference is that salaried workers are getting paid proportionally less because of the increase
thanks obernie
>>
>>71415022
I would. In a heartbeat.
>>
>>71415179
We are only earning more than 99.5% of the world oh no what will we do we used to earn more than 99.8%!?!?!

It really does come down to a bunch of losers complaining that their purchasing power is still almost the best in the world, and easily the best when only looking at populous nations.
>>
>>71414316
The difference is in how we want to increase it. Republicans are more in favor of a state by state solution, with maybe a federal hike to $9- $12. The big thing they stress is that the farmers can't afford that big of a hike. Clinton is in the same camp.

Bernie just wants his $15 across the board.
>>
>>71414887
you expect nothing but food coupons, nigger.
>>
>>71415396
So, you are advocating that salaried workers think of the poor in Africa and accept that they are making good enough money while the walmarts of the world take a proportionally larger piece of their income because of a minimum wage increase?
Yeah, fuck the middle class. What did those guys ever do for us?!
>>
>>71415429
That's why I'm backing Bernie. No one understands economics better than someone who spent his whole life suckling from the government's tit. #cancel all credit card debt.
>>
>>71414955
I know this feel bro
>deliver delicious pizza all day
>stuck eating ramen and PB sandwiches
>>
>>71415614
The middle class is a meme class created by the rich to solidify their own class status.

Most humans are shit and will never be worth more than a few dollars a day even if they give their best work.

If you don't like Walmart, stop buying from it and/or start your own business.

Otherwise, be quiet.
>>
>>71414955
There is nothing difficult about eating cheaply.

Sorry that your parents failed you so hard that $50 is a lot of money.

Scratch that, sorry that YOU failed so hard that $50 seems like a lot of money.
>>
File: 1460821441134.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1460821441134.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>71414955
>be me
>waiter
>only 2 tables so only made $9 in tips
>told to go on delivery because its slow
>dumb nigger calls in order
>gives wrong address
>call up dumb nigger bitch
>didn't specify she needed change for $50 bill
>only have $29 on me
>refuses to wait another 3-5 minutes for me to go back to restaurant to get correct amount of money
>"I AYNT PAYEN FER NO COLD FUUD"
>tell her "next time you order food specify that you .. (need change for a large bill)"
>dumb nigger hangs up on me
>type on her account in the compter "neglected to inform us she needed change, refused to wait few minutes extra, rudely hung up "i aint eating no cold food". DO NOT DELIVER 4/18/16" "
>blacklisted

Dumb fucking niggers.
>>
File: GMC.png (4 MB, 6000x1800) Image search: [Google]
GMC.png
4 MB, 6000x1800
>>71413869
Small businesses will get fucked-over and huge corporations that are already in bed with the government will get stronger without competition.

Funny how leftist policy helps the big corps. Pic related, one of the corporations nationalized by Democrats.
>>
Why the fuck would someone work for less than 15$ an hour?
You can make more by panhandling or scrapping metal
I would never take a job that pays less than 15$ an hour ,
I would rather live under a bridge instead of doing that
>>
>>71413869
Keep the change, pupper
>>
>>71414081

I don't know about that. I've been around a while and there definitely is some low tier jobs that won't hire any that isn't family
>>
I'm fine with the $15 wage. These jewy corporations can pay up for once, fucking tightwad kikes.
>>
>>71419490
Enjoy your part time work with little to no benefits
>>
>>71415022
>minimum wage jobs are the most difficult and unpleasant jobs there are.
My side job has me at a college bookstore ringing up qts for scantrons and note cards. It's minimum wage and far from being difficult or unpleasant.
>>
File: f1K5gdF.png (501 KB, 439x1222) Image search: [Google]
f1K5gdF.png
501 KB, 439x1222
>>71415802
How about the man who's an ACTUAL economist? Idk, maybe someone who graduated business school for economics. Hmmmmm I wonder who that could be.
>>
>>71413869
Need to get rid of the minimum wage
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.