[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ went from supporting a true libertarian opposed to big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
/pol/ went from supporting a true libertarian opposed to big government and the military industrial complex and wars for israel to supporting a guy who wants to basically expand government and is a supporter of israel and is proud to have a jewish daughter.

/pol/ is dead, its filled with normies and mainstream voters now.
>>
>>71410196
thats what happens when you get famous
>>
>>71410196
What would supporting ron paul do when he's not running for president? Kind of a stupid comparison there.
>>
>>71410196
>Israel is based because my government and Trump likes it and BTFO mudslimes even thought it actually oppresses Palestinian Christians and Muslims
t. /pol/berto Barbosa
>>
>>71410196
/POL/ BTFO!
>>
>>71410196
``libertarianism`` is a joke and real life implementation makes your country weak and prone to takeover from foreign power and interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_squmQKmHJo
>>
>>71410196
those were different times. Things have changed quickly. Paul doesn't look so good now.
>>
Ron Paul was the meme candidate with no chance of winning of 2012. Trump is the meme candidate with no chance of winning of 2016. Supporting meme candidates with no chance of winning gives /pol/ the excuse to whine and complain for 4 years about the jews. Whether consciously or unconsciously, that's really why /pol/ supports them.
>>
>>71410196
Also, why do you care about U.S. politics. Oh yeah, sorry I forgot, you're one of our bitches.
>>
File: 1456122178331.jpg (71 KB, 526x389) Image search: [Google]
1456122178331.jpg
71 KB, 526x389
>>71410196

Ron was a mistake of youth from edgy teens.

Grow up!
>>
>>71410369
>libertarianism is a joke
as a structure of governance yes
as a political principle no

a free, deregulated internal market with minimal regular taxes and small government is a far better avenue to economic, social and scientific development than a bureaucratic, tax-heavy redistributionist model

saying 'we should cut social programs, taxes and business regulation' is not the same as saying 'lol let's abolish the military and border controls and institute 0% trade tariffs on incoming goods overnight'
>>
Ron Paul failed to deliver so now we've turned to Donald Trump to make America great again
>>
>>71410196

yeah man, this /pol/ guy sure does change his mind a lot
>>
>>71410286
What about his son rand? I didn't see many posts about him when he was running.
>>
>>71412072
Rand was a fascist compared to Ron. I have always firmly believe ron is an outright anarchist who just says he is republican because he has to.
>>
BUY BOOK PLS
>>
>>71412336
>says he's republican because he has to
What!? In a nation with a two party system?! That could never happen anon!? No candidate has ever done that before.
>>
Libertarian minus free trade
>>
>>71412531
yeah I actually don't understand how countries outside of ours DONT have only a two party system. I'm just not educated enough in the regard of how their governments function, because it isn't possible in the U.S.

If a viable party opens up that leans "left" in the U.S., it will split the democratic/left vote and the right will be in power, and vice/versa. As a result, both parties net everyone at the extremes of their line, and bring the mainstream views of their party as close to the center as possible in order to nab the most votes.
>>
>>71410196
Libertarian here with a masters degree in economics about to get an MBA from the Ivy League.

I just watch change. Idgaf anymore.
>>
>>71412709

> I actually don't understand how countries outside of ours DONT have only a two party system

Preferential voting system, mandatory voting, publically funded elections, limits on campaign spending, proportional representation, better education systems leading to more political awareness, fair access to polling stations for everyone in the country, publically funded media, the list goes on.
>>
>>71413123

sounds like a nightmare. is this why europe is failing?
>>
>>71412829
Too bad you're not a Navy SEAL, you could've made something of yourself.
>>
>>71412709

to add,

>split the democratic/left vote and the right will be in power, and vice/versa.

for example, say the 'left party' has 25% support, the 'center party' has 35% support, and the 'right party' has 40%. In the USA, the right would win by simply having the most votes. In Australia's preferential system, the left would be eliminated as the losing party, however, peoples second preference would mostly be the center party. with the left eliminated, all votes cast for them would be recast according to peoples' second preference. In this way, the center might win 55% while the right wins 45%. On a national level, the left might win 10% of seats, the center 42% of seats, and the right 48%. The left and center might then decide to form a coalition government instead of having the right in power.

tl;dr Australia's system is more about who is the least unpopular, but it works well.
>>
>>71413458

In a way. Their far superior electoral system allowed them to more effectively vote for being massive fucking cucks.
>>
>>71414117

at least our politicians can be bought off for a quick buck and have their minds changed.

Europe's politicians genuinely believe in their SJW leftism nonsense - and it doesn't look like that's changing any time soon
>>
>>71414233

>Europe's politicians genuinely believe in their SJW leftism nonsense

Because (western) Europe's population genuinely believe in their SJW leftism nonsense. It's not the fault of their electoral system, it's the fault of the people.

Australia has arguably the fairest elections in the world, even more so than the most progressive of european nations, and we pretty much just vote for FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL
>>
Libertarianism is dead. Even people like Stefan Molyneux speaks favourably of Trump.

The true spirit of the far-right is to be found in statism.
>>
Let's be honest no one on /pol/ would survive in true libertarian society
>>
expand government? You mean lowering taxes and wasteful spending? Sounds like cutting government.
>>
>>71413842
So do you all just say screw the ultra minority vote? not trolling. Really. I know U.S. govt very well. But not others.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.