[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 15 seconds to justify the Confederacy's secession.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: rebel-crossing.jpg (90 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
rebel-crossing.jpg
90 KB, 360x360
You have 15 seconds to justify the Confederacy's secession.
>>
>>71402590

>MUH SLAVES
>MUH RIGHTS
>>
Come on, it's 1861
>>
>>71402671
fucking kek
>>
It was 100% legal
Anyone who disagrees is a fascist
>>
>>71402590
I think states should have the right to leave. It makes it so the federal government doesn't get too big and boss states and people around.
>>
>>71402590

*gets sister pregnant*
*plays a country song*
>>
File: foote.png (149 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
foote.png
149 KB, 400x294
Considering how the 19th-century republic was viewed as a confederation of states, and the Union was a voluntary agreement between the states, you can easily argue that the south had every right to leave. You can also argue that the North had every right to wage a war of subjugation and liberation to change what the nature of the Union and the relationship between the Federal government and state governments was going to be. Since the Union won that war, the United States of America is (instead of are) one country beholding to the federal government in most regards.
>>
>>71402671
kek
>>
>>71402590
1st 7 seceded because fuck the usa

next 4 seceded because tyrant executive ordered them to murder those 7 states
>>
>>71402590
A portion of a state no longer felt that the federal government had its interests in mind, and had a diverging culture, believing it right that they be able to rule themselves.
>>
>>71402590
states rights initially were similar to how the UK ruled its colonies, they were under major govt rule changes and shit but other than that the govt kinda fucked off
>>
>>71402855
>I think states should have the right to leave.
then the government should have the right to vote to declare war on them, as they are sovereign countries
>>
>>71402590
It was legal and Yankees are fucking dipshits.
>>
>>71402590

Tariff of Abominations
>>
>>71403014
But when we did it in Yugoslavia we didn't have the right to do so?
>funds all kinds of rebels
>hates their own
top top kek
>>
>>71403102
why are you putting words in my mouth?
>>
>>71403102
No. Your sovereignty is completely dependent on the leisure of nations stronger and more capable than you. Be thankful.
>>
>>71402590
Secession! Please. By today's standards, they were merely moderate rebels that were planning on an Amerexit.
You have to put more effort into updating your vocab, dear.
>>
>>71402590
The British actually backed the Confederacy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.