[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For-profit universities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: for profit.jpg (12 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
for profit.jpg
12 KB, 194x259
Okay so redpill me on for-profit universities. Are they as good as the public schools? If not, then why isn't the free market fixing it? Also, are there any "good" ones?
>>
For-profit is not the same as private
>>
>>71402267
if it has a commercial, you dun fucked up
>>
>>71402299
>>71402342
So you guys admit that the lolbertarian profit-driven schools are inferior then?
>>
If you attend a for-profit university, then you're more likely to drop out, accrue more debt, and default on your student loans then if you were to go public or private.

For profit-universities rely on flashy marketing campaigns and an army of counselors to enroll as many students as possible, no matter what what. Government Pell grants, the GI bill, and other subsidies ensures that they get paid no matter what happens to the student.

Beyond that for-profits have dismal graduation rates and bad job placement rates. They were able to last by covering up their poor stats and by pushing the novelty of online learning. But the bubble is popping, for-profit schools are starting to go bust. Half the schools in your pic are in dire financial straights.
>>
>>71402665
They're literally in it for the money, they don't care about education
>>
>>71402267
>>71402665
>If not, then why isn't the free market fixing it?

Private schools would be part of the free market.

For-profits take anyone, private usually have low acceptance
>>
They get sued all the time and the one near my house closed. I think the market is fixing itself.
>>
File: 1450124070947.png (374 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1450124070947.png
374 KB, 576x432
Most if not all those lack accreditation.

Employers will laugh at you if you come in saying you have a college degree from one of those universities.

It seems counter intuitive but you want your college to be regionally accredited over nationally. Well you want both but regionally accredited is higher prestige and has a more "valid" weight.

>Accreditation is a process of validation in which colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning are evaluated. The standards for accreditation are set by a peer review board whose members include faculty from various accredited colleges and universities.

Yes goyim follow our communist standards.

Unfortunately their are not many real alternatives but all the colleges you have posted in that pic OP are clickbait the college. Utter trash.
>>
Like anything OP, there are pros and cons. You need to weigh them yourself and come to your own conclusion. I'll start your orange.

Pros:
>even retards can attend
>Many of them are online, giving you more freedom
>Many of them are designed to fit a blue collar schedule
>Employer partner programs to put you into a job right after you graduate/get certified
>Strength is in training vocational, high demand white and blue collar work

Cons:
>If you want an academic career, go to a real college
>You will be attending with really stupid students
>Employers that look at degree pedigree will laugh at you
>>
Fair or not I can guarantee you that when you apply for a job and someone who has a real degree is deciding who to interview they will chuck your resume if you have University of Phoenix or Devry or any of those other shit for-profit schools on there. Your university advertises on daytime television and will take you even if you're somehow too dumb to get into a state school and then you pay credit-card level interest on your school loans. No one respects that.
>>
>>71402958
University of Phoenix appears to be regionally accredited. Don't know about the others, they just happened to be in the picture I found.
>>
They're a cancer. Even your shittiest community college is better, as you can transfer to a real school.
>>
They are bad because they accept worse students. Student quality, networking, and finding a non retarded spouse are the sources of college graduates earning higher lifetime wages. Actually learning gender theory is probably value -negative.
>>
>>71403221
Phoenix got sanctioned and lost a lot of their students because of it a couple years ago. So they made a lot of changes, especially to their attendance requirements so funnily enough Phoenix is actually the "best" for-profit school now.

Here's the secret to for-profit schools: if you go to learn a skill, like programming or nursing, or related certifications, you will do fine in job placement. If you go to get a liberal arts degree you're better off going to an actual college with feminists and shit.
>>
>>71402267

>STRAYER UNIVERSITY
>>
>>71403221
Legit school then.

It's ok to go there and employers will hire you if you have a degree from there.

That is if it is one of the requirements.
>>
>>71402267
I go to University of Phoenix, aside from the fact that it's expensive as hell it's just as good as a state university.
I'm only attending because I work full time. If I had any other option I'd just go to a state college and get real pussy.
>>
no fuck no UOP is SHIT.I both worked and went to school there. their information is garbage their teachers suck (they come for the check, they "teach" 6-7 classes at a time and write like good job on a 15 page SDLC!! (googleit) The fees were insane for dumasses think'n oh I'ma get me a edumacation for $500 per class doctorates was 1200 then went up to 1500 studets and faculty was pissed.
>>
>>71403371
The students who go here are all Monday warriors who procrastinate until the last minute while everyone else picks up and does the work. Team assignments are fucking bullshit.

Unless you're rolling honors you're not going to network. Delta Mu Delta is legit if you're into business administration and you have a 3.8+ They have a chapter in University of Phoenix and any association with them is career gold.
>>
>>71402267
Lol as a hiring manager I throw out anyone who has that shit on their resume. It shows extremely poor judgment. I hire people with 2 year community college degrees over for-profit college """"Bachelor's"""" degrees.

The funniest is when someone has an MBA from one these diploma mills. I actually interview some of these people just to see if they can answer the most basic day 1 business school questions. They never can.

Just go to community college and learn a trade if you fucked your life up.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.