[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American VS european sports culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9
File: German-Dutch_rivalry.jpg (864 KB, 2784x1856) Image search: [Google]
German-Dutch_rivalry.jpg
864 KB, 2784x1856
In my experience American sports is apolitical, lots of focus on the game itself with statistics, famous sportstars etc.

In Europe stadiums subconsciously are battleground to play out political, religious, racial, and ethnic conflicts; things aren’t about the sport itself basically.
>>
In America its largely about grilling and beer really. The sports is just an excuse to wear funny clothes, yell a lot, and get drunk with fistfuls of red meat.
>>
>>71401260
Of course some rivalry is gonna play into it. We actually have a long cultural history.
>>
File: Feyenoord.jpg (15 KB, 510x288) Image search: [Google]
Feyenoord.jpg
15 KB, 510x288
>>71401260
Did you guys know that Ajax (soccer team of Amsterdam) has Jewish roots and that when they play against their rivals (the Rotterdam soccer team called Feyenoord" ) The Feyenoord supporters usually are chanting slogans like "Hamas, Hamas, Jews to the gas" in dutch ("Hamas, hamas, joden aan het gas")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06E9DKvFY8w
>>
File: B8O6Iu8CAAAXFhb.jpg (71 KB, 597x444) Image search: [Google]
B8O6Iu8CAAAXFhb.jpg
71 KB, 597x444
>>71401535
What's the problem? It's all in good fun.
>>
File: germans.jpg (16 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
germans.jpg
16 KB, 307x164
>>71401343
> The sports is just an excuse to wear funny clothes, yell a lot, and get drunk with fistfuls of red meat.
So you guys don't chant jokes about genocide? How unsophisticated.

>>71401371
>Of course some rivalry is gonna play into it. We actually have a long cultural history.

Just admit it brätwurst; Netherlands VS Germany would have been the most epic World Championship soccer final ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany–Netherlands_football_rivalry

"I didn't give a damn about the score. 1–0 was enough, as long as we could humiliate them. I hate them. They murdered my family. My father, my sister, two of my brothers. Each time I faced Germany I was angst-filled."
—Wim van Hanegem, Dutch midfielder

"The pressure was tremendous. The popular press was blowing up the old rivalry. We knew that on the pitch the Dutch were ready and waiting for us. We had to stay focused. I think it's a true shame and pity that they regard football (sic) as an outlet for their hatred from the Second World War."
—Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

"Before the game we knew that it was going to be tense. We had sworn to win, because that victory was so important to our sense of pride. To them, beating us is the best thing there is. They hate us so much more than we hate them."
—Karl-Heinz Förster
>>
The beautiful thing about the football chanting in Europe, is that it can be an entirely spontaneous chant. One person comes up with a great idea and soon they got dozens, if not hundreds of people chanting it in unison.
It's basically memeposting but on an aural level.
>>
>>71401535
>soccer
Faggot.
>>
>>71401535
>soccer
Ya blew it burger, nice colgate proxy
>>
File: wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.jpg (44 KB, 450x274) Image search: [Google]
wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.jpg
44 KB, 450x274
>>71402010
>>soccer
>Faggot.

>>71402372
>>soccer
>Ya blew it burger, nice colgate proxy

Was in 'murica during first stage of the last worldcup, still sound a bit like a burger sometimes.
>>
I guess when you only have one sport where nothing happens for 90 minutes you need to keep it as interesting add possible.
>>
File: van_gaal_fghjgjd.jpg (117 KB, 687x960) Image search: [Google]
van_gaal_fghjgjd.jpg
117 KB, 687x960
>>71401953
>Just admit it brätwurst; Netherlands VS Germany would have been the most epic World Championship soccer final ever.

I was quite satisfied with Argentina. Your nation of Tulpenflückers didn't deserve the final since you guys never followed and stood behind Mijn Generaal. 20 years from now you'll still circlejerk about Cruyff who drank, fucked and smoked the tournament away all on his own.

Can't you just be happy about 1988? You guys take this much too personal.

“Johan was the better player, but I became world champion.”
—Franz Beckenbauer
>>
File: voc.jpg (12 KB, 281x180) Image search: [Google]
voc.jpg
12 KB, 281x180
>>71401977
>The beautiful thing about the football chanting in Europe, is that it can be an entirely spontaneous chant. One person comes up with a great idea and soon they got dozens, if not hundreds of people chanting it in unison.
>>It's basically memeposting but on an aural level.

Brilliant.
Humans are interesting creatures.

Reminds me of sea shanties that would be sung to accompany labor on board large merchant sailing vessels to synchronize the work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49FWp7WLYKw
>>
>>71401977
>>71402948

Oh shit didn't look at flag.
Sorry 4 slavery & apartheid <3
We didn't really mean it.
>>
>>71402788
>I guess when you only have one sport where nothing happens for 90 minutes you need to keep it as interesting add possible.

Sometimes things not happening is a good thing.

If a violent sport like American football was the national sport in european countries world war 3 would've already happened.

We prefer to play a gentleman's game & joke about genocide.
>>
>>71402935
You are right <3

Pretty sure though that the Dutch 3th place at the last world championship & not even qualifying for the european championship gave Cruyff cancer & killed him. Bastard had it coming :D
>>
Americans dont have passion.
Even European niggerball fans are better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0
>>
File: ajax.jpg (13 KB, 232x228) Image search: [Google]
ajax.jpg
13 KB, 232x228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXi-YX_xPxw
>>
File: 17_ST_POPVERMEER.jpg (217 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
17_ST_POPVERMEER.jpg
217 KB, 1500x844
Youre not a real sportsfan until youve fake-lynched a black guy in your stadium
>>
Football is literately Jew the sport
Fucking goys
>>
>>71405088
It's the modern circus. That's how you distract the plebs from the fact that they're getting screwed.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.