[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideological Reassignment Surgery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: calpride-rotator.png (6 KB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
calpride-rotator.png
6 KB, 960x400
Hi /pol/, I'm a moderate conservative. I grew up in the midwest and never really cared about politics or religion. Recently I started graduate school at UC Berkeley, which was allegedly the best of the grad schools I got accepted into. First thing that struck me is that California is fucking liberal.

I like crude jokes and being politically incorrect, and a lot of the time I feel ostracized by the community here, perhaps because of that. Seriously. One time I got 77 cents in change at a coffee shop from a female barista, and I said, "Keep it, I've got a dollar in my pocket." Got a lot of hate for that. I'm not sure if I actually care, since I don't want to befriend a clutch of blue-haired ham planets. But eh, I haven't found any conservative or even moderate people in these parts. Maybe they're hiding.

Still, I want to get my degree from here, and maybe I just have to start being able to fit in. Can you guys please make me a liberal?

>Convince me that the transgendered bathroom hoopla is something I should care about
>that Bernie Sanders should be our next president
>that abortions should be available at any time, and at any term
>that there's a gender wage gap
>that black lives matter
>that there should be a federal minimum wage of $15

or just tell me that all that stuff is full of shit, and maybe I should just pretend I'm in Iowa... or that I'm full of shit. I'm open to the possibility of adopting liberal viewpoints if I could get some truly good reasons for them.
>>
>>71398211
What you are asking is impossible without a lobotomy or severe head trauma. You can't go from truth to blue pilled fantasy.
>>
>>71398695
But if it's a blue pilled fantasy, why is it biblical truth for - what seems to me like - the whole of California? This is a whole fucking state, and a really powerful one too. I'm scared man.... I just feel so alone here.
>>
File: bernie attacks.gif (2 MB, 376x228) Image search: [Google]
bernie attacks.gif
2 MB, 376x228
>>71398211
>Convince me that the transgendered bathroom hoopla is something I should care about
conservatives are worried about transwomen molesting women in the bathroom or something which is virtually unheard of, but what does have a long and documented history is transwomen being molested by men when being forced to use male facilities, just look at what happens when transwomen are forced to go to male prisons, but the opposite never happens when they are allowed to go to female prisons
>that Bernie Sanders should be our next president
he's the only candidate that actually believes what he's saying and isn't just trying to manipulate the masses to get more personal power and he knows what hes doing with the economy, go to his website's issue's page and compare it to the fluff on the other three's and you'll see he's the only serious politician and non-con artist in the race
>that abortions should be available at any time, and at any term
abortion lowers crime rates severely as there's far less unwanted children growing up neglected and abused, and if you're against social spending you should be glad that there's less unready single mothers having to claim benifits for their kids
>that there's a gender wage gap
many women are forced to spend less time at work because they are the only one looking after their kids, would be less of an issue if access to abortion was easier or there was a higher minimum wage
>that black lives matter
black people are discriminated against at almost every level of american society from employers not wanting to hire people with black sounding names to judges handing down harsher sentences to blacks, if you want black people not to be stuck on welfare this needs to stop
>that there should be a federal minimum wage of $15
again if you don't want people stuck on welfare all their lives you have to pay them enough to live on

TL;DR: conservatives hate welfare but they want to make damn sure you have to be on it
>>
>>71399606
>he's the only candidate that actually believes what he's saying

There are videos from 30 years ago of Trump saying the exact same phrases he's using this election
>>
>>71399606
Well I'm in for the transgendered bit. I can agree that that is an issue to be concerned about, for the sake of an otherwise harmless group of people. Thank you, my Irish friend, for your time. Your other points were direct and concise. I enjoyed reading them.
>>
>>71399698
This may be true, but Trump's incoherence (among other things) has lost me. I'm not interested in voting for anyone on the Republican ticket, and as of now I'm not counting on the Democrats either.
>>
>>71399698
>>71400212
Oops, didn't even address your point. But yeah, I suspect every candidate's believed themselves to an effective enough extent to get them in any office in the first place. Not a particularly high quality in my opinion, but I won't dispute that Bernie is a compassionate guy.
>>
File: trump skeptic.jpg (46 KB, 469x407) Image search: [Google]
trump skeptic.jpg
46 KB, 469x407
>>71398211
Yeah a lobotomy is going to make it hard to get your degree. Go see if Berkeley College Republicans are red pilled. If they're not, why don't you work on them, they should be open to it, the stupid kids.
>>
>>71400212

What makes Trump incoherent?
At rallies he uses plain english because it's outreach to the masses. If he spoke like the billionaire businessman he is he would alienate the masses and be nowhere near as successful as he has been. The OpEd he wrote recently shows that he has the capability to speak eloquently, he just knows how to use the appropriate speaking format for a given audience
>>
>>71400744
Huh, well you do have a point there. I have read some of his work. Maybe I used the wrong word... I want to say divisive perhaps. I'm curious to know (suppose he makes it to the general election) how he'd fare against Hillary or Bernie, who have had more civil debates without the snappy name-calling.
>>
>>71401150

Like it or not, Trump's name-calling mind games have been very effective on the GOP side. 'Low Energy' Jeb and 'Little' Marco both crashed and burned when Trump typecast them into unelectable connotations, and Lyin' Ted is on the brink of falling apart now that the bible belt and caucus states are all done. There's no reason to assume he wouldn't be able to do the same to the dem nominee - the media is literally waiting with bated breath to see what trump's moniker is for hillary, and hillary's 'words will never hurt me' stance won't be practical when the time comes. To add to this, the GOP debates only got ugly when people tried to attack trump, it wasn't trump doing the instigating. 'Little' Marco wasn't a thing until marco tried to go after trump. The last GOP debate when most of the stragglers (minus kasich) were gone was civil to the point of being boring, even with trump there.

The democrats want to hold hands and sing kumbaya and pretend that they're not fighting over who will become the next leader of one of the most important countries in the world. If trump succeeds in becoming the nominee or is otherwise still around during the general, he will be relentless. The reason Trump's namecalling monikers stick around is because they're not just playground insults, he backs them up with evidence and examples and the repetition of the moniker just reinforces it in people's minds. It's brilliant mind game shit that only a businessman with marketing experience and not a traditional politician could come up with.
>>
>>71401629
I'm going to get some sleep as it's almost 1am, but I have to say, you articulated that very well. I'm inclined to agree with your approach. Thanks for the food for thought.
>>
>>71398211

There is none. It's just something right wingers push so they can push anti-gay anti-worker shit.
>>
File: Transbrain_Physiology1.png (990 KB, 1500x3500) Image search: [Google]
Transbrain_Physiology1.png
990 KB, 1500x3500

I don't think the bathroom is the biggest issue. Shelf it for a moment.

The issue is "redpilled" and evangelical Christians are both irrational about transgender people. There are a few main arguments.

1. Transgender people are crazy.
2. Transgender people want to self mutilate
3. Transgender people should be cured a different way.
4. Transgender people are a liberal conspiracy.
______

Research since the 1980's has found numerous regions and structures in the brain that are sexually dimorphic. Naturally afterwards they began looking at those same dimorphic areas in intersex people and transgender people.

The result is, transgender people have the dimorphic regions that more closely resemble their felt gender or an intermediary of the two sexes. This is true of transmen and transwomen.

Trannies are not crazy because their claims of experience is heavily supported by empirical, peer reviewed research from multiple journals.

All trannies don't want to mutilate only 33% get surgery (of transwomen only) get surgery.

Transpeople are not a liberal conspiracy and they have been around in every culture at every point of human history in some form or another.

Lastly, while /pol/ likes to claim transitioning leads to a worse life and elevated suicide rates. It's not true at all. There is one piece of research from 1970-2001 that splits the time period in 2 cohorts. The earliest cohort showed elevated suicide post-genital surgery. The 2nd cohort DID NOT, and showed massive improvement.

All other research shows transgender people improve when they transition.

/pol/ is incredibly wrong and non-redpilled about trannies.

pic related: sources
>>
>>71402041

I should also add the last argument is,

>But muh degeneracy

Which is subjective authoritarian garbage that assumes a position of moral superiority and tries to legislate morality and limit personal freedom.
>>
>>71402041
That's very interesting, anon. I'm curious, though, a lot of /pol/lacks, like you said, through around this statistic that shows 40% of post op transsexuals attempt suicide. I'm under the impression, and maybe I'm wrong, that this figure comes from a compilation of studies. Meaning, regardless of the piece of research you're mentioning, transsexuals attempting suicide is fairly common.

Also, if what you're saying about the dimophic regions of a transsexual brain is true, then can't you still characterize a transsexual person as having a neurological disorder?
>>
>>71403992
I meant to include the source for that statistic: http://waltheyer.typepad.com/blog/2013/11/20-regret-changing-genders-over-40attempt-suicide-and-even-after-surgery-a-large-number-remain-traum.html
>>
>>71399698
Like that thing about an anti-discrimination law for lgbt people? Oh wait
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.