[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did slaves have lives outside of being slaves? like did they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
did slaves have lives outside of being slaves? like did they have to clock in at a certain time and when they clocked out they could go have hobbys or down to the pub and pick up chicks or something? seems like a comfy job tbqhwu
>>
>>71398130
yes, they had their own quarters that they retired to. they were given food and water, usually low-quality or unfavorable parts of the crops they harvested while in season, and cheap grains. labor slaves would work from sun up to sun down, typically.
>>
>>71398130
You get paid for a job m80
>>
>>71398313
between half to two-thirds of all American slaves were indentured servants, so yes, they were getting paid, freedom of bondage for whatever they contracted for.
>>
>>71398130
Depends on who owned them.
>>
File: hohoho.jpg (58 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
hohoho.jpg
58 KB, 500x386
>>71398130
she can slave away at my dick if you know what I mean
>>
File: black slave traders.jpg (3 MB, 1425x4680) Image search: [Google]
black slave traders.jpg
3 MB, 1425x4680
>>71398130
There where lots and lots of different slave owners and the slaves could be everything from field hands to skilled tradesman. Some owners where all stick, other where more about the carrots and most was probably a bit of both.
>>
>>71398130

>>>/his/

fucking leaf
>>
>>71398659
I take it you haven't been on /his/?

It's full of redditors, almost exclusively. If you asked that question, you'd either get banned for talking about slavery ("The topic is too charged to discuss") or you'd simply get people calling you a disgusting southern confoederate loving asshole for even just ASKING wether the slaves had ok lifes.
>>
I'm beginning to think slaves weren't treated as bad as the history books say. I'm sure the masters that were insane beat the fuck out of them but the average master was probably more humane. The only time they were beat is if they were trying to rape the master's daughter or some shit. I assume they treated slaves like we do our dogs or horses today. I couldn't imagine them all being whipped and hung from trees since whites have the empathy gene. Something smells fishy, i think saying that the slaves were mistreated and tortured is a Jewish trick.
>>
>>71398980
If you had a slave today, how would you treat them? How would the people close to you treat them? How would other acquintances of yours treat them?

There's your answer. It's been a few hundred years. People didn't change as we'd like to think. We didn't get smarter or more humane. We're pretty much the same as 2000+ years ago, realistically.
>>
>>71398964

>>>/his/1006127

Let's test this theory.
>>
>>71399425
Already one faggot making fun of you for implying they had decent lives.

Because if you work the fields from morning the evening, you inevitably suffer debiliating diseases and are on course to die in your early 20s

(except if you're white)
>>
>>71398130
It depended very much on whom they belonged to.
>>
>>71398980
>the empathy gene

Sources on this new meme?
>>
>>71398980
Lots of people treat their animals cruelly.
>>
>>71399425
why'd you remove my acronym curse you britain
>>
>>71399425
Jesus Christ what a board of cucks
>>
File: 1442165742665.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1442165742665.png
171 KB, 396x423
>>71399425
Cringed hard. Post reddit-invasion boards, not even once.
>>
>>71398130
They got holidays and Sunday fundays off. Most masters would give them some dank food for the holidays.

On their days off they would do what modern coons do. Hoot and holler, sing and clap a lot ect.

They could receive permission to go into town and get out and about.

It really depended on their master. You can read real life accounts of former slaves here

https://memory.loc.gov/ammem/snhtml/snhome.html

I've read hundreds of them, it's really quite interesting.
>>
>>71399807

I don't speak fag
>>
>>71399961
Did you know we have a board that functions on the actual same principle as reddit?

>>>/news/

Reddit started as a website where people would just link to news articles and discuss them.
We literally have little-reddit here
>>
>>71398980
Slave's masters being cruel is just a meme. There were a few that were notorious psychopaths of course like with any population.

>damaging your own property (living or not)

Doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>71399425
goes to thread someone replies "are you kidding me" top kek
>>
>>71398130
When they weren't working they just hung around drinking rum and playing banjos, jiggaboo dancing the evenings away.
>>
You can bet the worst slave owners were Jews.
>>
>>71400185
This. Slaves probably cost a lot, why would you beat the shit out of them all day?
>>
>>71399557

I think we've established /his/ gets more riled up than /pol/ over simple questions, you may be correct about the reddit infestation, I haven't even posted in the thread yet.
>>
>>71400805
There's probably tons of /pol/ trolls in it
I encourage you to browse for yourself. I may have overstated the reddit infestation thing a little, but it's definitely noticable and should be kept in mind when browsing it.
>>
>>71401122

I figured the results would skew as soon as I posted the link here. I don't really care about history, I only browse /pol/ to keep up on interesting world happenings and occasional shitposting.
>>
We wuz slaves and sheeeet.
Our slavery was just as bad as it was in the US. Except we didn't rape anyone or kill people, so we weren't lynched.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.