[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Hack an Election
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: feat_hackelection15__02.jpg (586 KB, 1467x2200) Image search: [Google]
feat_hackelection15__02.jpg
586 KB, 1467x2200
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/

>Money was no problem. At one point, Sepúlveda spent $50,000 on high-end Russian software that made quick work of tapping Apple, BlackBerry, and Android phones. He also splurged on the very best fake Twitter profiles; they’d been maintained for at least a year, giving them a patina of believability.

>Sepúlveda managed thousands of such fake profiles and used the accounts to shape discussion around topics such as Peña Nieto’s plan to end drug violence, priming the social media pump with views that real users would mimic. For less nuanced work, he had a larger army of 30,000 Twitter bots, automatic posters that could create trends. One conversation he started stoked fear that the more López Obrador rose in the polls, the lower the peso would sink. Sepúlveda knew the currency issue was a major vulnerability; he’d read it in the candidate’s own internal staff memos.

Hey /pol/, what would you say is the likelihood that there is organized, specifically orchestrated public opinion shifting propaganda campaigns through social media on our good ol' 4chan? What about here specifically?
>>
The amount of Trump shills says you might have a point.
>>
I don't think we're important enough for such things, though I guess it could happen. I think most of the people crying "SHILL!" just don't have a good response so that is what they have to fall back on.
>>
Its not hard to spot the ones pushing an agenda and the ones just here to shitpost.

After all, 4chan is satire and not to be taken seriously.

So why would thousands of people come here each day expecting to be treated seriously?

You fucking faggot.
>>
File: dont be rude maga anime girl.png (224 KB, 362x391) Image search: [Google]
dont be rude maga anime girl.png
224 KB, 362x391
>>71389796
>>
>>71389642
It's already been established that Trump field offices are staffed with volunteers whose only job is to post on social media platforms (ala 4chan).
>>
>>71389642
I'm seriously tired of the shills, they're keeping the level of discussion so low.

>trump
>race mixing bullshit
>cucked this cucked that cuck sweden
>rare flag omg
>improving improving

come on guys
>>
>>71389858
There are definitely shills on this board. It's been proven. Use this information to realize that every post made on /pol/ is meant to persuade you in one way or another. Make decisions for yourself instead of doing what everyone else is.
>>
>>71389942
Is it something bad?
>>
File: 14443897534985.png (159 KB, 291x333) Image search: [Google]
14443897534985.png
159 KB, 291x333
>>71389796
>Trumps support isn't real
>It's all an illusion

Don't come to Trump General tomorrow, you're going to be very, very upset, you shill.
>>
>>71389796
This. Real /pol/lacks support Merkel, Mohammed and cuckolding.
>>
>>71390184
Trump generals usually have 30 unique posters.
>>
How much do you think this is happening on Facebook and Twitter for the US election?
>>
File: SHILLARY.png (1 MB, 1524x1290) Image search: [Google]
SHILLARY.png
1 MB, 1524x1290
>>71390623
They've been around for a better part of the year, don't play coy. If you thought a year long general on /pol/ could maintain hundreds of unique posters 24/7 you're delusional or looking for faults where there is none.
It's been a slow 2 months with not much going.

Also just found this, about to take it to /tg/ lol.
This is what real shilling looks like.

Paying losers to flood Donalds twitter with pure trash that just links them to a Hillary donation page.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window
>>
File: 1460932482631.webm (446 KB, 640x284) Image search: [Google]
1460932482631.webm
446 KB, 640x284
>>71389642

>Shilling on twitter is the same as hacking democracy
>>
>>71391511
Please read the full article, that is only one example of what the individual did for hire, the one I wanted to specifically discuss.
>>
Really /pol/? How many times in our history do we have to go over this shit. Go to full /pol/ and read the sticky. Paid shills, d&c, etc is real and worse than ever.
>>
>>71391511
why did she grab the chair?
>>
>>71391766
Easier to up and over, I guess.
>>
>>71389796
someone post that trump theorem screencap.
>>
>>71391511
The one woman who actually attempted suicide

Died like a boss, probably did a flip
>>
>>71389642
Does it even fucking matter? They always elect the same president every four years: Goldman Sachs.

Bolt by bolt we're even more fucked up than the Russian system. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
>>
>>71390306
>my world consists of two varying perspectives. One I like and OMG COMMIE JEW AHMED
anything else would be too much asked
>>
you would have to be retarded to no see that the answer is yes.

how likely do you guy think it is that Santa Claus might be fake?
>>
Can't scan that QR code.
Shit tattoo
>>
>>71390941
>was this before or after he tried to use eminent domain to kick an old lady out of her house
He tried to buy it from her for millions of fucking dollars, then ended up letting her keep it when she wanted to stay. Now she's voting for him. I'm so fucking tired of leftist disinformation campaigns.

You're doing God's work, anon.
>>
Wtf why would you get HTML tattoos
>>
>>71394054
...that wouldn't even work because he doesn't have <head> on the top of his head or </body> on his feet for all we know.
>>
On the bright side, from what he says it sounds like our elections aren't as rigged as I feared they were. Manipulated, yes, but if they were outright rigged then the PRI wouldn't have needed to hire this guy.
>>
>>71394054
I don't know.
It's kinda common and stupid, but it's also kinda cool.
>>
>>71390306
perfect response
>>71392951
commie detected
>>
File: latest.jpg (29 KB, 663x422) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
29 KB, 663x422
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.