[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European Unarmed Martial Arts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 32
Why do white people have so few unarmed martial arts?
Asians have a ton of unique, unarmed martial arts with their own regional styles and techniques.
Whites only have boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling and there doesn't seem to be a lot of cultural variation in those arts.
Why aren't there Italian boxing or Irish wrestling techniques?
Where is the English kick or the German punch?
Would I be a race traitor if I tried to learn Karate?
>>
Just stick to what works in mma
Boxing,muaythai,sambo,brazillion jiu jitsu,judo
>>
>>71386503
Do you want to learn to fight
Or worry about the origins of fighting systems?
>>
File: mk.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mk.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
i've got the best Gung fu in history, at the best school in babylon. don't know what you talking about.

then again, im not "white"
>>
>>71386503
asians have so many types of martial arts due to the tradition of great teachers coming up with new ideas. in western countries, this is usually not encouraged so everyone learns the same thing.
>>
>>71386503
While everybody else was fucking around with weeaboo fitan magic we were finding the most efficient manner of dropping as many cunts as possible without losing mobility or speed. One system works pretty universally and when that fails we have wrestling.
>>
savate , fencing
>>
>>71386503
Because white people didn't need martial arts when they invented firearms

/thread
>>
>>71386503
Nevermind pankration, savate, etc. If you look a little harder you can find plenty of white martial art styles.
>>
>>71386503
Cause fighting an opponent is to destroy them not prance around like a faggot. The west used to be much more peaceful because anyone who started a fight ran a huge risk of being killed.
>>
Who cares about using your body when you have actual fucking weapons?

Swords then guns and shiid.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_European_martial_arts

Most were discontinued over time because the West achieved more efficient manners of killing one another.
>>
I box.

My fights don't go to the ground

And they don't last longer than a left right
>>
Because boxing is the most effective martial art by far already

Muay Thai didn't even punch properly till Irish sailors showed up and beat the shit out of them in the 1880s
>>
>>71386503
As MMA has proven BJJ Wrestling and kickboxing are the only things that work. Kung fu, Karate, and the rest are BS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ghjf1NsXqs
>>
Because the English longbow killed all those people
>>
>>71387272
Exactly. People who say "boxing sucks, mma bro" have never been in a fight outside a gym. Mma is great if it's one on one in a controlled environment but if you come at me in a bar ill bottle you and use the glass to stab your throat while I bite your nose off.
>>
>>71386503
WHITE PEOPLE HAVE BRAINS
>>
Far-Eastern martial arts developed strongly around being unarmed, whereas Europe was busy creating new weapons. Many people believe that Eastern martial arts, as they are today, began as a response to China taking all of it's citizen's weaponry away from them, though I don't know how true that is.
>>
>>71387272
This is what a lot of people don't understand. The average person is not some BJJ mastermind that can take you down and break your arm in 5 seconds... Boxing should get credit where credit is due. Especially in the UK where bare knuckle boxing is such a storied tradition and is arguably an entirely different sport than boxing with gloves.
>>
>>71386503

Asian martial arts are just autism. Boxing is objectively the most effective of all unarmed fighting styles.
>>
File: hunger.jpg (169 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
hunger.jpg
169 KB, 1280x800
>>71387272
Left right. thats some serious shit man, who showed you that technique?

;^)
>>
>>71387408
You're a fucking retard no amount of boxing will prepare you for a person who is even mediocre but trained in MMA
>>
>>71387272
I would fucking destroy you
>>
>>71386503
>Whites only have boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling and there doesn't seem to be a lot of cultural variation in those arts.
Because it works and doesn't take half a century of meditating under a waterfall to learn. We don't have time for those silly dances.
>>
>>71387531
>boxer gets leg kicked by Muay Thai fighter
Good meme
>>
>>71387662
Says the guy who uses a tapout shirt as a jizz rag.
>>
>>71387760
No boxer is prepared for a real leg kick. If you can't check it you're fucked.
>>
File: Steve O laughing.jpg (24 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
Steve O laughing.jpg
24 KB, 453x453
>>71387408
>>71387272
Lol europoors & America's hat
Police State the Continent- and LMAO weedman having the nerve to talk shit. How precious.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=in3Ppk9NG9U
>>
>>71387863
You can't box your way out of a rear naked choke buddy
>>
>>71387662
If the boxer can land the first punch and the boxer has knockout power
>>
>>71386503

people didnt fight because it was cool they fought to survive
>>
>>71387662
Yeah I'm sure his mma styles will be great after he's been bottled by surprise and I'm sure his suck ground game will work when he realizes im shoving glass in his eyes and a knife in his back. Mma doesn't make you invincible retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 417x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 417x231
>>71386503
Europeans never really needed unarmed combat since they developed good armor and weapons. Wars fought that had 2 armies run at each other, so there was something handy if you needed it from some dead guy.

Besides weapons were more efficient and they didn't have as much asspride as Chinese or Japanese, who acted like their fighting styles had tons of value and were important.

Then eventually the Chinese I'm assuming with their gunpowder fetish made guns and well no point in fist fighting you can blast someone away while sitting.

Honestly I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.
>>
>>71387911
You can't get a boxer in a rear naked without getting your shit cleaned 4-5 times.
>>
>>71387408
How does hitting a person with a bottle and stabbing them have to do with boxing . The people that win fights know how to move and fight at the same time no matter what fighting style you use . You think I'm going to back up when you bum rush me with a bottle , all you have to do is take a step and pivot your leg to move out of the way .
>>
The reality is just go to an mma school learn to punch kick and choke
Never know what you will need to rely on untill its needed
>>
asian martial arts are mostly worthless, something you need to learn about asian culture is that there is a lot of show but not a lot of substance
>>
>>71387871
Nor would they have much success clinching a Muay Thai fighter.
>>
>>71386503
whites aren't really into trading blows. They'd rather just kill their enemy straight up desu.
>>
>>71387926
You learn how to box in MMA idiot you don't learn how to stop a takedown or check a leg kick or defend your neck in boxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_g9sJ4bK5Q
>>
>>71388021
>Implying you'd see it coming.

What I'm trying to say is that mma will give you a false confidence and you can't discount some fucker like me who will use every dirty trick to take you out. People do not fight fair.

Even if you are an expert in mma don't be so confident you are invincible cause some dirty fuck might kill you.
>>
>>71387702

Nigga In 6'1 12-2 172lb born in London Brixton

You're niggers aren't anything bunch of gang bangers I've been in fights every day of my life because I'm white and didn't join a gang

Come ends and I'd fuck you up

But you'd have to throw the first punch because I don't fight for no reason
>>
>>71388210

oh yeah you're a real tough guy, leaf
>>
>>71387994
You have absolutely no experience in stopping me from getting you in a rear naked. Boxers clinch and you have no idea what to do in the clinch. There's no ref to break us up
>>
>>71388273
No I'm not but im also not afraid to fight incredibly dirty.
>>
>>71388257

You sound like a nigger desu. If you chimped out near me I'd just shoot you like the daft limey cunt you sound like.
>>
File: 9780977731541-us-300.jpg (15 KB, 300x390) Image search: [Google]
9780977731541-us-300.jpg
15 KB, 300x390
This is good book to learn from
But i still recomend getting lessons to throw a punch
>>
>>71387946
My nigga if you bottle somebody , you better be ready to fight him and his boys. If you did that where I'm from half the niggas are strapped and you would get ur ass smoked . If not you don't won't a pack of men stomping on your mouth until your gums start bleeding . White boys ain't about to stab nobody .
>>
>>71388257
don't come to Colorado thinking you will win a fight buddy. We are the capital of MMA and you cant beat a novice.
>>
File: no homo.jpg (79 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
no homo.jpg
79 KB, 736x736
>>71386503
there is three forms of just "white" european wrestling, freestyle, folkstyle, and greco-roman.

as you broaden your definition of "white" to include turks and eastern euros, there is even more
>>
File: image.png (396 KB, 1924x1608) Image search: [Google]
image.png
396 KB, 1924x1608
>>71388021
My god you sound like some 13 year old "oh yeah well I'd block it and destroy you using my hatsudatsumatsu technique!"
>>
File: canadians.jpg (74 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
canadians.jpg
74 KB, 640x1136
>>71388334
>>
>>71386643
>sambo
>no American style wrestling

You don't watch mma
>>
>>71388322
Do you think a boxer would just stand there and look for the ref and let you come in for the takedown? That is the most naive interpretation of boxing possible. Look up some videos of Ali or Tyson moving around the ring and let me know how you think clinching one of them would go for you.
>>
>>71387120
Pankration is fucking devastating. Highly recommend learning it.
>>
>>71387496
There's no argument.

Bareknuckle is more painful, but ultimately less dangerous for the contenders- People tend to stay away from the skull, since they don't want to crack their hands open.

With professional boxing, the gloves just let them go apeshit on someone's head.
>>
>>71386643
>no krav maga
>>
>>71388193
I guess you never seen that fight where a boxer inocked out tim sylvia
also I agree mma teaches you how to box
>>
Because white people quickly realized that being armed > being unarmed. Thus, they developed many varieties of armed fighting skills.
>>
>>71388447
No fight is static , you obviously never scrapped with anybody . It's all about head movement and how you move . If you knew anything about boxing , mma that's the first thing you learn .
>>
White arts are the ones that actually work. Boxing and wrestling are as old as time. Combat sambo as well.

That kung fu bullshit doesn't work in real life. Muay Thai is bad ass though.
>>
>>71388400
If I was in the usa I would be armed. I don't start fights anyway but my mentality has always been that anyone at a bar or elsewhere who tries to fight you may kill you so you better fucking treat it as life or death. You either get out of the situation or fight for your life.

Real life fights can kill you, so why bother going out looking for any?
>>
>>71388465
Well he didnt sound like he was in highschool
Plus I put sambo because I use to compete in combat sambo
>>
>>71386503
>Someone starts a fight
>The guy with the best weapon ends it

I'm a fat manlet and I could kill any MMA fighter in the world because I have a CC permit and 10 minutes of draw practice. Why do YOU think white people didn't give a fuck about ching chong nip nong bullshit? Martial arts = fedora bullshit.

This reminds me of this chick I used to work with...got reeeeeaaaal into BJJ, talked a big game about being an asskicker. Gets mugged. Buys an old G19 from me the next day. Moral? Listen to the white people in the first place and your life will improve 10000%.
>>
>>71388409

Are you dense Nigga I don't care if u do mma, bj, anal.

I've done a bit of judo so know the basics and then I realised how often am I going to get in a fight that goes to the ground.

The second you step at me, I step back. My footwork is solid and the only contact I want is my fist to your skull, I don't want some sweaty burger rubbing his body all over ne
>>
>>71388423
Eastern Euros are white you silly cuck.
>>
>>71388567
Krav maga is a shitty version of every thing mma is better
But if you trust jew techniques to grab guns and knifes go for it
>>
>>71388485
No I think that a boxer has no idea what to do in the clinch. They have no experience getting underhooks in and defending takedowns. You're practicing the wrong things
>>
>>71388749
If you actually box. watch this and tell me with a straight face you are prepared for a MMA fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dB3YUerKVU
>>
>>71388749
Judo is great especially combined with boxing
You get that hector lombard fighting style
>>
>>71386503
Because we didn't make up a load of derivatives to satisfy the
> ooo, look asian, how exotic
market.

> Boxing is a regular feature
> Karate/Sumo is not
> Only UFC
> After people became disillusioned by the exotic-ness and falsity of Asian martial arts.
>>
>>71388820
And MMA fighters have a wealth of knowledge on how to handle themselves in a stand up fight? Give me a break. MMA is good, but you are inherently going to be worse at all the styles involved than you would be if you focused on one. It's a ridiculous argument that holds no water whatsoever. How would a BJJ expert do against an MMA guy? I'm pretty sure he would trash him on the ground.
>>
>>71388904
He keep ignoring this mma fight happened https://youtu.be/eUx9OE7DZAo
>>
File: 5 elementsbx.jpg (13 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
5 elementsbx.jpg
13 KB, 261x193
soon we will have true blood sport for the whole world to see..

promise
>>
What do you guys think of Doug Marceida and Ryan Hoover?
>>
>>71388982
Usually the well rounded fighters in mna do better then guys only good un ine area due to the rules of mma
>>
>>71388904

When am I going to fight a mma. Nigga what do you not get?

The ONE thing a martial art should teach is respect (ignore all the televised mma mcgregor shit). When I was young I did shotokan karate and our dojo code was

>refrain from violent behavior
>treat others how you would like to be treated
>endeavour

If a trained martial artist goes out of their way to start a fight, I know they are not a good fighter because they can't keep a level head

As I said earlier, I don't hit first
>>
File: American Martial arts.jpg (9 KB, 316x159) Image search: [Google]
American Martial arts.jpg
9 KB, 316x159
>>71386503
Here is Martial Arts, based in the good ole US of A.
>>
>>71389163
We're not talking about fighting under the rules of MMA. We're comparing fighting styles as a whole.
>>
>>71389074
A one punch knockout can happen with either techniques. You cant tell me relying on a one punch knockout is a real strat

OMG this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxFyXWEKbDc
>>
File: lewthwaite_2708874b1.jpg (49 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
lewthwaite_2708874b1.jpg
49 KB, 620x387
>>71389193
and now you get cucked by ahmed
>>
>>71389290
The fight linked previously was also not a fair representation of boxing vs MMA because the fighters had an agreement to stay on their feet after a rule change.
>>
>>71389239
MMA combines what works from all styles. theres no reason to practice the monkey claw or some other bullshit when you could be practicing overhand rights and hooks or leg kicks
>>
>>71389290
Mcgregor has power its harder to get a one punch knockout if you weigh under 170 pounds
>>
File: lineage.jpg (3 KB, 80x104) Image search: [Google]
lineage.jpg
3 KB, 80x104
If you want to be able to apply gung fu you must have a Sifu from a true lineage
>>
>>71389435
Which makes learning boxing over MMA even less reasonable. Most people don't have one punch knockout power and even if you do its a low percentage play
>>
>>71389427
This is what ive been trying to stay the whole thread
Learn what works
>>
>>71388423
Folkstyle is an American Wrestling style dipshit. Also, as of late. Europeans fucking suck at it. The best come from Russia, USA, & Iran. Even in MMA it's common knowledge that Euro's fucking suck cock at grappling.
>>
File: goku pepe.jpg (10 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
goku pepe.jpg
10 KB, 225x224
>>71389456
thank the lord i do. everyday i thank the lord for my sifu
>>
>>71389360

Nah pakis are excuse you gotta make an example outta the few biggest ones or you'd get jumped by his 50 cousins
>>
>>71386503
Because asian martial arts are mostly bullshit dancing. At the end of the day a kickboxer would fuck up your flying crane faggot.
>>
>>71389530
Moat mma schools have boxing classes on certain days or hours just like they have no-gi jiu jitsu mat time
>>
File: Dont try it.jpg (29 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
Dont try it.jpg
29 KB, 500x363
>>71389641
thats why we will build our Gung fu prophet to destroy anything in his way.
>>
>>71389641
Judo is a asian martial art that is great
So is sanshou/sanda my favorite asian martial art
>>
>>71386503
There's a fair few European martial arts. Take 'bataireacht' for example. Irish stick fighting martial art, or Glima/Lausatok from Scandinavia.

But apart from that. You have to look at the cultural differences between Asia and Europe. From 100-1600 AD, Europeans had really no need for Asian style martial arts. Most European martial arts are based around weapons, because most people needed to know how to defend themselves with weapons. What are you going to do, go into unarmed combat and shoulder throw a Roman or a Barbarian, or anyone else while they fuck your shit up with their own sword, or would you prefer to know how to a sword martial art and defend yourself?

The only reason why European martial arts (apart from a few) are no longer popular is because Europeans started making firearms for their armies by the 1600's, so the art was soon 'forgotten'. While Europeans were amassing firearms, the Asians really saw no need for them, except for a few cannons and rockets on the field, most continued to use bows well up into the 1800's. Not to mention, a lot of their martial arts started coming over to the West.

There's a lot of factors as to why Asian martial arts is popular today, and "white people can't fight" isn't one of them.
>>
File: 1395559694829.jpg (180 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
1395559694829.jpg
180 KB, 800x1092
>>71386503
Asians think of fighting techniques as an art. Whites think of them as a science. There were plenty of martial arts in Europe, but they weren't dressed up in any extra concepts like they are in Asia. There value was in their ability to kill or subdue someone. They way European weapons changed over the years was a process to develop a better weapon, methods, or to fit trends of the time that matched how they would be used. Boxing and wrestling held over because they became a sport. Sabers became military garb and symbolic. Guns made older methods of war obsolete so they were mostly forgotten. If you count ballistics as a progression from boxing, swords and arrows then Europe never stopped developing it's martial abilities. The west values the best way to win a war over pseudo mystical practices and tradition. What good is you fencing ability in a war where the other side can drone strike you? The most important thing in a fight is to win so only use the best method available.
>>
File: 1460618685089.jpg (92 KB, 615x821) Image search: [Google]
1460618685089.jpg
92 KB, 615x821
ITT Internet tough guys and edglords.

Kool fighting skills but my big brother could totally beat ANY of you and your big brothers after school kiddo.
>>
>>71389541
the only people who wrestle in america are whites, dipshit. Maybe a few scrappy beaners
>>
>>71389193
>muhhh respect
Isnt even really a actually thing ..but whatever..
Are you five years old?
>>
>>71389794
>or would you prefer to know a sword martial art and defend yourself?

Fixed.
>>
>>71389572
All i'm saying is add a couple head kicks into your combinations and learn how to do a punch into a knee tap take down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-aWWTsdMM
>>
>>71386503
>boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling

Those are the basics that have been around for hundreds of years though.

Other fighting styles aren't much different, just a few modifications
>>
>>71386944
>>71387026
These

Hand to hand combat is outdated, only for entertainment now
>>
>>71389837
Well, actually right now from America the best wrestler is Jordan Burroughs. A nig. Olympic champ & two time world champ.

Don't argue with me fagget. I wrestled D1.
>>
File: baelsacrifice.jpg (11 KB, 312x162) Image search: [Google]
baelsacrifice.jpg
11 KB, 312x162
>>71389998
hand to hand combat is far more entertainment.

thats why we must condition the public to except blood sport
>>
>>71389435
>>71389530
McGregor is 170 though. That's why he dominates, he's fighting two weight classes below his walking weight
>>
>>71390083
Burroughs is going to be a beast in the UFC
>>
>>71390340
Every fighter fights below there natural weight. Anderson silva was a natural light heavy weight fighting in the middleweight division
>>
File: 1427427831800.png (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427427831800.png
27 KB, 400x400
>>71386503
>wanted to learn a martial art since forever
>found a judo school near my house
>timings are great, 7 to 9 after work
>parents won't let me join
>think martial arts are a waste of time and money
>tell them it's important to know how to defend yourself
>they tell me we pay taxes and policemen are there to protect us
>mfw most policemen couldn't splint 100m without having a heart attack from all the pot belly fat

Fuck this earth
>>
>>71390383
He would for sure.. I think he redacted his claim that he was going MMA. He's a pretty boy now.
>>
>>71390340
Conor is actually a tweener. He's too big for 45 and too small for 55. He knows it too.
>>
File: 1461023496695.jpg (967 KB, 1600x1053) Image search: [Google]
1461023496695.jpg
967 KB, 1600x1053
>>71390787
Did he eat a couple punches and decide it wasn't for him?
>>
>>71386503
Western fighting styles are geared toward practicality. A good many Asian martial arts are only for show and fitness, they'd get your ass kicked if you're not Jackie Chan.
>>
>>71391121
Kung fu lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I
>>
>>71386503

I LEARNED CAPOIERA FROM A NEGRO ONCE
>>
Last video if anyone is actually watching them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd_oBd5DENk
>>
>>71387250
Also as a martial artist I fucking hate how people think Europeans didn't/don't have martial art. How the fuck do you think we kill each other before guns became good enough.
>>
>>71386503
cause the average boxer would beat the shit out of any kung-fu, aikido, karate "master"

and wrestling is the best type of grappling, only Brazilian Jui Jistu is comparable in level to Greco-Roman wrestling.
>>
>>71388670
>That kung fu bullshit doesn't work in real life. Muay Thai is bad ass though.
Filipino martial arts and other SEA arts like silat are pretty good as well, they lack the mystic bullshit & focus on just fucking your opponent up and train/prepping your body to do so.
>>
File: 1460314045290.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1460314045290.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>71391083
Holy fuck where did this qt get this hat? I WANT
>>
>>71389794
This.
European martial arts blended unarmed techniques, such as grappling, with sword techniques.
OP look up Kampfringen. It makes that spinny gook shit look gay as fuck,
>>
>>71390702
Even in your country I'm sure there are cheap enough kick boxing or MT gyms.
>>
>>71392153
what movie is this
>>
>>71392622
its form that NOAH movie that came out
>>
>>71392622
Movie???

Trump did that shit.

But really what movie is this?
>>
>>71390702
Judo is really good for one on one anon, but if you are worried about protecting yourself in a street fighting sense you need to learn a striking technique too. Because going to the ground in a street fight is really dangerous because you don't know who else might join the fight.
>>
>>71387250
>>71386503
It's not that, so much as, the depth of history. Let me explain. The Chinese have a 5+ millennia of history, the Asian world has deep roots, historically speaking.
Inside that ancient history, before advanced weaponry, there was only what you could scrape together with your hands, and - your hands and feet. Given enough time, the practice, revolving mostly around mere survival - became tradition. To be passed on. Indistinguishable from the race.
The mere breadth of time that spiraled into the present tense ensured the rich variety we encounter today, with regard to Asian MA.

The white man on the other hand cannot claim the same breadth of history. Nor the same continuity of tradition.
Europa was everybody's bitch, for centuries on end. One nation settles down, only to be uprooted a few centuries later, or less, even. Hence, technological advances, for the time, foremostly guided their MA, not tradition.
A bit simplistic. But there you go.
>>
>>71392503
Googled Kampfringen. Eh.
>>
>>71386503

There is a lot of variation, and a number of arts you did not name (pankration, savate, fuckye, and sambo, for example). That's not counting schools of unarmed combat which were not preserved as time went on. Also a variety of schools of fencing and other swordsmanship.

Part of the Asian focus on unarmed martial arts come from the ascetic monk's traditions, part of it comes from the popular tactics of peasant rebellions (training in unarmed combat and the use of farm implements, for example). Monks were willing and able to teach commoners, which is something that did not happen with formal styles in the west where training was for a long time exclusive to the noble warrior class.

Pankration is the style used since at least as early as Alexander's time, and it's still practiced. Some scholars believe that his conquests brought the style to India, were the tradition made its way to China and eventually Japan in an evolving form. May have been the basis for formal unarmed combat training as we know it. Learn pankration or you're a race traitor.
>>
Because we realised fighting without a sword in Europe was retarded and had little to no practical use in every day life.
>>
>>71386503
Asian weapons were shit, European weapons weren't.
>>
>>71386503
You're fucking stupid and know nothing. Europe has a legion of styles, but due to cultural differences they became less relevant as weapons developed. Europeans are just quick to adopt modern methods. But if you look at history you can find regional styles in european countries.

(most) Asian martial arts suffer from rigidity and overly trafitional styles that have little basis in reality. Mostly due to lack of competition weeding out the bullshit, which is why thai boxing is so effective, it's actually done as a sport.

If you pick an asian martial art, newer is better, generally. It depends on the teacher of course, but you're more likely to have modern day training techniques.

The most modern techniques I've seen in krav maga, systema and bjj academy's.

Fuck krav maga though: overly violent and lack of self control, typical of the jew.

A good fighter can de-escalate conflict. The only answer you learn in krav maga is to escalate conflict to get an advantage.
>>
>>71386503
because white people absorb other styles into their own while asians are too stubborn and refuse to learn what works if it isnt within their system

kickboxing is a combination of various styles. sanshou, muay thai, western boxing, karate etc. if there was a german kickboxer and there was an "english kick" he would learn it and it would just become part of kickboxing

MMA proved this works the best and all the asian traditional arts are bullshit. the only ones that were good, took from other styles i.e. judo, muay thai and a few schools of karate
>>
>>71388409

Oh, God. I moved to Park County to get away from you MMA trash.

Under 6' tall, half-breed, felon, fast food workers. Every last one.

You blow your money on some shit-assed McDojo, weed, and your latest car catastrophe, and you can't afford fucking food; which is why every "mma fighter" in Denver looks like a homeless heroin addict.
>>
>>71394503
>The Chinese have a 5+ millennia of history
What you consider "The Chinese" were various nations and groups of people forced into one identity around 221 BC. The name "China" comes from Europeans and Persians. The underlying culture and philosophy governing China has been altered violently and completely every time a new ideology gained power. "China" has been around since October 1, 1949 and if it weren't people living outside of the communist hold, you wouldn't know a thing about Chinese traditions. History has a continuity going back millennia, but the Chinese do not. That is not one culture or identity stretching back into prehistory. I t was different nations cultures and ideas tearing each other apart just like the rest of the world.
>>
>>71394503

What would those advances be?

Bronze then Iron weapons.

The roman sword and amazing battle field / unit tactics.

The longbow.

The introduction of gunpowder.

rifling gun barrels?

could you also include elements of culture like the development of rule of law? If you can organize a society such that it can create wealth, then raise armies and equip with unit training and arms, MA is not particularly relevant. right?
>>
>>71388741
No one gives a shit, fat manlet.
>>
>>71388334
Had a fucker like you in my squad and he always had a bottle in his pocket when we were off base. Never saw it break but did see him club a nog like a seal pup. Surprise can be a brutal equalizer when one is 5'4
>>
>>71389530

Ive tossed/swept many people to the ground weighing only 140. Heavier guys slam harder. And when its concrete, not some soft mma mat, their back, neck, and/or head are wrecked and theyre in the perfect position to get stomped or pounded down. Strikes are great but using a little leverage saves your hands and puts you at an instant advantage as most people expect a punch rather than a displacement of their center of gravity.

Best option is to learn conflict resolution and avoidance and carry a gun though. Not letting some fucker near you is your best bet when he can have a weapon you cant see til he starts losing and you feel a blade in your gut.
>>
File: swiss sumo.jpg (73 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
swiss sumo.jpg
73 KB, 600x399
>>71386503
>Why aren't there Italian boxing or Irish wrestling techniques?

there are.

anyways europe was always influenced by other cultures and took what worked. Bartitsu for example used elements of pretty much every cultures martial arts the brits had colonized.
>>
>>71387662
you try wrestling on concrete or with people interfering, look how long you will last.
>>
>>71386503
Because Europeans were focusing on weapons. Fencing is the martial arts of Europe.
>>
>>71404004
greco-roman wrestling was always a thing, its actually a martial art meant to be used in armor and on a battlefield, thats why you only grab the upper body and it focusses on throwing and getting the opponent to lose his balance, once he is down you are supposed to get a sword and finish him.
>>
>>71393575

But thats wrong. If I catch someone with a sweep or an osotogari the impact will fuck them up enough to give you time to face the others. Obviously striking is good too, but remember judo was meant to put men on their backs so they could be stabbed in battle. The thrower can choose to remain standing.

But hands down the best martial art for confronting multiple people is quick draw or parkour.
>>
File: ymKkvXhC.jpg (321 KB, 2953x2953) Image search: [Google]
ymKkvXhC.jpg
321 KB, 2953x2953
>>71386503
We did, but then we invented guns and it became unnecessary, became better to spend time learning to shoot then fighting hand to hand.
>>
>>71386503
We invented guns. That's how we won the world.
/thread
>>
>>71404485
>thinking that learning hand to hand is useless.
then again you voted a PM that can resite the first page of wikipedia on computer science, no wonder you think this.
>>
>>71387453
ASIAN PEOPLE HAVE BIGGER BRAINS ya dumb cracker
>>
No but we take over and dominate all of the other martial arts - especially those of us of the slavshit origin.

Learn Muay Thai and supplement it with boxing for stand up, for your wrestling and throws freestyle wrestling and if you are keen enough learn BJJ for on the floor - a few simple arm locks and chokes will suffice. Stand up is by far the most important aspect of unarmed no rules combat.

Karate, Judo, Taekwando, Kempo etc are all meme MA's and if you try to use them you will most likely hurt yourself through improper execution or get your ass kicked.

> Lift weights (A simple 5X5 program will suffice) more mass = more force, and you'll be harder to wrestle with
> HIIT (Sled pulling, sprinting, pylometrics) is your best bet for cardio - fighting is a sprint not a marathon. Also, being able to run 2 miles in 10 minutes is better than being able to run 10 miles in 2 hours - jogging is a meme.
> Try to spar as often as possible, set a goal during the session E.g. "Today I will pratice my footwork, cutting off, left hook etc"
>>
>>71387760
>implying you can throw a kick in a club surrounded by people wearing jeans.
>>
>>71408171
>jogging is a meme
Literally every fighter that has been anyway half decent has jogged 5 times a week at least.

Lifting is the real meme
>>
File: bloodsport3.jpg (17 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
bloodsport3.jpg
17 KB, 400x200
obviously none of you poofters have been to a real kumite
everyone knows ray jackson would have won against chong li if he had`nt been a typical loudmouth show-off american twat
he was using the best fighting style.... simple fucking brawling
>>
>>71388810
>shitting on Krav maga
Krav
MAGA
A
G
A

Fuck off bernvictim
>>
>>71386503
>implying variation even matters

Throw some knees and elbows into the kickboxing and wrestling, and you have everything you'll ever reasonably need, and I say this as someone who does MT and traditional chink dances.

Check out HEMA and you'll realize most of Europe banked on armed and armoured martial arts, and wrestling was heavily intertwined with this.
>>
File: 53143881.jpg (48 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
53143881.jpg
48 KB, 400x390
>>71408762
bollocks,
its strength you need in a straight fight not endurance, most real street fights i`ve seen and been in last less than 60 seconds
>>
>>71409000
>implying lifting weights makes you throw harder punches

EVERY half decent single fighter has jogged. Most haven't lifted weights. Draw your own conclusions from that.
>>
A collegel wrestler could destroy the best Chink martial artist out there.

Thats why

Their styles are shit and don't work except against other shitty styles

Judo and JJ are only ones worth a shit
>>
>>71409000
Only when ralking 1vs1
In group fights, riots or moroccan thugs that call in reinforcement, stamina matters
>>
File: #NEANDERTHALLIVESMATTER.jpg (39 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
#NEANDERTHALLIVESMATTER.jpg
39 KB, 300x199
Since the dawn of man the homo sapiens have invaded our lands. Killing us, raping our women, and stealing our innovations and treasures..

Our plight is a distant echo hiding in the genes of Europeans and Northern Asians...

The homo sapiens use their inferiority against us, saying that we are backward for not wanting to be invaded and ruled by them.

The war against the neanderthal still goes on. It will not stop until the homo sapiens have eradicated all traces of us genetically.

If you are a "person of neanderthal" like me, you must stand up for the oppression and the rape, murder, and enslavement of our kind.

The homo sapiens are the original invader. They will try to blame the neanderthal and say we are evil and the oppressors. But they are the ones that have made us a thing of the past, hiding in the blood of millions, waiting to band together, to stop the homo sapiens 100,000 years of genocide on us.

Please band together! Shout and fight! We will not let them destroy our last vestiges. We will build our fortress and keep the monster behind the walls and off our lands..

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER LET THEM MAKE YOU DOUBT! BE PROUD! BE RUTHLESS!

-#NEANDERTHALLIVESMATTER
>>
>>71386643

mma is meme tier fighting for sport bullshit. If you want the benefits of mma, build a foundation in something and cross train.
>>
>>71409000
>lifting
>directly correlating into explosive power

Top kek, fuck off you moron.
>>
>>71409093
Yeah, that's totally why they never needed to introduce weight classes into boxing.
>>
>>71386503

All of those Asian martial arts are Fucking trash and not applicable for real fighting. The only worthwhile Asian martial art is Muay Thai.
>>
>>71409156
That's more or less what MMA proved. Once you allow grappling, it wins 9 times out 10.
>>
>>71386503
Catch-as-catch can wrestling (English) and an Irish collar and tie style wrestling are pretty much the foundations of mma
>>
>>71409156

>Muay Thai
>not worth a shit

My knee in your skull would beg to differ.
>>
>>71409228

Stop spamming your shit in all these threads
>>
>>71409695
>leg is grabbed
>your entire network of martial "art" is completely destroyed
>resort to flailing around like a faggot because you never learnt how to not get taken down like a little bitch in MT
>>
>>71391437

Not a practicioner, but I can tell you that isn't kung fu. Not in name, not in style, not at all.
>>
>>71409337
dafuq you talking about lil timmeh ?
i said fuck all about explosive power
i was talking about being physically stronger and being able to manhandle your opponent, cunts cant throw punches if they`re being throttled by a much stronger opponent, cunts cant kick or headbutt you , when you`ve lifted them up and powerbombed them into next year

and yes throwing heavy ass weights about does grow you some fist bombs,
i`ve never heard of any tough ass 100m sprinters or marathon runners
>>
>>71409862
Muy Thai was the dominant martial art in the pre-grappling and dick punching days of Mixed martial arts.

It's doesn't completely ignore grappling and has a lot of strikes that can work in close. The hypothetical college wrestler's disadvantage is a lack of conditioning to having a shin, forearm, elbow and knee slammed into the soft parts of his anatomy.

College wrestlers are trained to counter grapplers, but not how to deal with strikes to the face and neck.
>>
> all these faggot grapplers ITT

I'd punch you in the jaw one time and you'll go to sleep.

t. kickboxer
>>
>>71386503
Theyre also the most effective ones anon
Which is Boxing ang Wrestling (Traditional Wrestling)
European values practicality over looks
>>
>>71410210

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0gDsL247e8
>>
>>71410210

fuck off lil krautfucker
am i just supposed to just stand still when i see your shoulder twitch?
i`l grab your fucking arm and shove it up your ass, then rip your other one off and beat you to death with the soggy end
>>
>>71410320

> MUH KUNG FU MASTER!!!!!

In a streetfight, (where I'd most probably be fighting you) your kungfu goes out of the fucking window.

Keep watching youtube vids, whilst I've been kickboxing for over 10 years.

>>71410415

> lil kraut

I'm 1.90 and if you get anywhere close to me, you'd get a leg to the groin that would send you to the dumpster 20 meters behind you.
>>
>>71410567

>Keep watching youtube vids, whilst I've been kickboxing for over 10 years.

Don't you people have a habit of getting shitkicked in wars and begging Germany to bail you out? It's sort of an ongoing tradition for Austria to get bailed out of bad spots and then betray Poland.
>>
>>71410734

> damage controlling after 1 comment

That's a 4chin tko, if I've ever seen one.
>>
who`d win between belgium and austria ?
both of them being lil krautniggers
>>
>>71410842

I don't think acting like a tough-guy on 4chan constitutes winning an argument.

I like how you don't even acknowledge your habit of being a damsel in distress and having to be saved.
>>
>>71408762
>This guy

You get the same benefit from jumping rope at medium intensity and don't even need to leave your gym. Fuck it, any endurance cardio will do.
>>
>>71411152

> thread about martial arts
> people that actually do martial arts come in and btfo youtube fanshits
> stop acting like a toughguy ples!

My god, what a bitchboy. I bet you can't even do 60 pushups in a minute.
>>
File: polandball_typical_austria.png (14 KB, 450x580) Image search: [Google]
polandball_typical_austria.png
14 KB, 450x580
>>71411247
>>
>>71411247

Hahahaha oh lord better watch out fellas this guy might rip his shirt off and flex in text form to show us all how e-tough his delusions are.

Funny too because you started getting all angry and defensive over a video I sent that was meant to be a mockery of Asian kung fu and not even directed at you.

Of course your autism doesn't detect this and you sperged out over nothing, only to get laughed at for your countries track record of losing wars.
>>
>>71411512

And now we're about to elect a right wing president.

The eternal Austrian strikes again :^)

>>71411520

> doing martial arts
> watching kung-fu vids sent by tub-o-lards over 4 chins

Pick one, and only one.
>>
>>71386503
>what is sambo, crav maga, wrestling
Educate yourself burger
>>
>>71411753

Post Fedor.
>>
>>71388567
>the fisted jew
>>
>>71387408
>"boxing is cool, fuck mma"
>some guy insults weed near you
>kill him with a glass bottle and eating his fucking face
I think I'm missing something, where is the boxing? How's the power fantasies doing?
>>
cant believe no top tier russian wing chun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOcl7JVJsh0
>>
>>71391542
Was it this guy? He's the best. The best. Nothing is gonna stop you know. The best. The best.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QIXCRAMvqWE
>>
>>71387610
Is that guy natty?
>>
>Why do white people have so few unarmed martial arts?

The Asian unarmed martial arts tended to develop in places with very strict weapon control.

Karate comes from the Japanese occupation of Okinawa for example.

There's also specific religious institutions to support those forms.

Think of the kung fu temples in China.

What actually surprises me the most is how poorly modern martial arts have dealt with guns. Krav Maga is pretty much the only one that seems to recognize that they exist, and they're still halfass at best.
>>
>>71386503
>Whites only have boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling

because that shit works, look at MMA
>>
>>71386935
You've got it literally backward and the Asians have a history of forming martial art styles because they have a history of being disaed under imperial masters.
>>
What about savate? Boxing and wrestling are really all you need. I wish I was born earlier so I could learn catch wrestling properly.
>>
>Would I be a race traitor if I tried to learn Karate?

In a word; Yes, and you're officially on my 'day of the rope' list now.

Also I got banned for using a proxy. I'm using portable wifi, ya dinguses
>>
>>71386503

Karate is all bark, no bite. Learn kickboxing/muay thai instead
>>
>>71387871
>america
>fighting
>not using leg to kick gun into hand and shoot
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 600x420
I'm just posting in this thread to say I will punch the cunt outta all you turbo poofters, you are all piss weak female high school art teachers.
>>
>>71417271

Big man when you're online? Let me tel you something kiddo, I'd break you without even trying. I'm a black in karate and I've studied the way of the sword, giving both a physical and mental edge over opponents.
>>
>>71417567
So what
I got a 13 inch cock
I beat a man to death with it once
>>
This thread is cringey as fuck.
>>
File: Scottish-dirk-3.jpg (310 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Scottish-dirk-3.jpg
310 KB, 800x600
>>71386503
Western martial arts revolved around military, not hand-to-hand.
The secret to western military success was our ability to adapt and learn.
England would beat Scotland, Scotland would adapt, beat England, England would adapt ad infinitum. Western martial arts were also a matter of pride,one-upmanship and arms racing. Someone would build a 12 gun frigate, so the neighbour would build a 14 gun frigate ad infinitum. Out with the old, in with the new.
>>
>>71418239
I always wondered how the deep fried Mars bar was invented
Now I know
>>
>>71418408
If the Jacobite's had adapted and not charged the Hanoverian line at Culloden your country wouldn't exist.
>>
File: chackrumall.gif (30 KB, 648x317) Image search: [Google]
chackrumall.gif
30 KB, 648x317
>>71390702
Honor your local martial arts and learn to throw chakrams at people or whipe them with a flexible urumi sword.
>>
>>71418588
Well it would, but it would all really mad abos punching each other to death because Petrol wouldn't exist to calm their savage nerves
>>
Because almost all the dozens of "different" asian martial arts are memes. They mostly share the same basic, actually functional basis and then color it with dumb extra bullshit
>>
>>71418994
I was actually wrong, transportation to Australia was much later. The Jacobites ended up in America.
>>
>>71386503
>Irish martial art
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataireacht
Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.