[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /pol/'s opinion on tipping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: TIPPING-GUIDELINES.jpg (364 KB, 618x1589) Image search: [Google]
TIPPING-GUIDELINES.jpg
364 KB, 618x1589
What's /pol/'s opinion on tipping?
>>
>>71382603
I only tip in bed.
>>
>>71382603
/pol/ doesn't go out. There's people out there and they're NEETs.

Check it: >>71379320
>>
>>71382603
I tip 20% unless a server is garbage then I tip them 10% or nothing

you gotta fuck up hard to do that though

tip bellboys and bartenders and my barber....thats it maybe a taxi driver if its a long trip
>>
>>71382603
Being practically mandatory in the USA is retarded as fuck.

Tipping is a way to reward good service and always should be optional.
>>
>>71382729
That tip got cut
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533[1].jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533[1].jpg
78 KB, 640x533
Pretty sure it's some american meme.

The only ones bitching about tipping are poorfags working full-time on temporary jobs because they can't get a proper work due to their shit-tier womens studies/art degrees.
>>
File: Tip harder faggot.png (243 KB, 829x589) Image search: [Google]
Tip harder faggot.png
243 KB, 829x589
>>71382603
M'lady.
>>
>>71382603
It shouldn't be a thing
>>
>>71382603
I wish tipping weren't a facet of American culture. It's confusing, and I'm left wondering if I tipped enough.

That being said, I usually tip well.
>>
tipping waiters or waitresses should only happen from good service.

i work as a waiter parttime

abolish "server wages": paying a waiter $4.50 is fucking retarded. tipping should always be optional when it comes to service
>>
So 20% is now considered standard? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>71382838
>I tip 20% unless a server is garbage then I tip them 10% or nothing
>you gotta fuck up hard to do that though
>tip bellboys and bartenders and my barber....thats it maybe a taxi driver if its a long trip

I'll also throw in a little on carry out, as well, if I get carry out at a bar. They pay taxes on 15% of food orders they ring up.
>>
>>71382603
Should not be necessary for people to rely on tips for income. It kind of defeats the point of being a wage slave.

And yet, that's the fucked up world we live in.
>>
>>71383016
I should clarify: Because of my job, I have to get a haircut about once every 10 days. So I make sure to tip my barber well because my hair is vital. I pay $30 for the cut: $15 is the base price, $15 is the tip.
>>
>>71382603
im a poorfag and the expectation to tip is crippling, sometimes its even a deterrent to going out.

of these:
>barbers
my haircuts are rare so ill tip $5
>taxi drivers
never
>waiters
15% strictly
>massage
i never get massages
>manicurists
also very rarely. will tip $5
>groomers
never
>bartenders
$1 per drink
>bellhops
dont use them
>car wash
never
>bus
never
>sommelier
never
>movers
$20 between them all
>contractos
never
>pool cleaner
never
>paper delivery
never
>poop scoopers
$5 per run
>yard maintenance
never would

i look forward to the day when tipping is no longer expected. its just an excuse for the fat cats to pay their people less. even here in my state, employees who can accept tips may be paid 33% of minimum wage.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>71382603
There is only one kind of tipping I do, sir
>>
>>71382603
>still tipping taxi drivers
Uber master race

I always tip 15 % to restaurants as long as they are clean and the food is good
Barbers i tip 15% as well for traditional reasons
>>
I never tip, unless a happy ending is involved.
>>
I'll tip if they put forth visible effort to do their job. Otherwise, fuck off.
>>
>>71382603
This is purely stupid. Look around your daily life. 80% of the services are utter shit and they don't give any single fuck about their work to you. How in the fuck do they deserve any tip?
I tip not only for good advice, but also for a reasonable service. Unfortunately people already consider tips as included mandatory pay. It already lost its meaning. Why not change the policy that every price tag in the country goes up by 15% then nobody needs to tip? Because it's happening anyway. Whether you get good service or not, you're obligated to tip 15%+
>>
>>71382603
It's only necessary in cultures where businesses somehow managed to establish a culture where they don't have to pay as much because the 'goodwill' of the public is socially enforced

Isn't there a state somewhere that started a mandatory $15 min wage for everyone and tipping almost entirely stopped?
>>
>>71382603
The only person I tip is my regular barber, because she is just that damn good and always consistent and I want her to keep being consistent.

You know, what tips were actually fucking meant for before this tipping culture bullshit? Everyone else can go fuck themselves, especially servers who don't even cook my fucking food.
>>
>>71383402
>$1dollar per drink for a bartender

I know this is expected but it's the biggest bullshit of all tipping. Unless I'm ordering sone fancy cocktail I am giving him a dollar to pour liquid into a fucking glass. On heavy drinking nights the tip gets way too fucking high.
I just pay with a credit card and leave a percent tip now, it is far better.
>>
I only tip for excellent service. I've tipped twice in my life.

It is the epitome of corporate kikery that your country mandates and builds most of your service industry around paying people a pittance and expecting other people to foot the bill. Raise the prices to match whatever the business expects as a tip. Then pay those who 'survive' off tips their actual fucking wages.
>>
It sure smells like summer in here

/b/ is thataway
>>
>>71384824
>pay with a credit card
>better.
Choose 1
Your credit card is universally hated by bartenders and barflies
Thanks for slowing everything down
>heavy drinking
Even if you are tipping $1/drink, and you have 15 drinks, it's only $15
>>
>>71382603
how much do you tip a prostitute though?
>>
>>71384824
yeah the only reason to really tip for beer at a bar is if it is crowded and you want them to serve you faster on the next one

doesn't always work though
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.