[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posted here a few weeks ago asking Mexican /pol/acks what I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: DSC03725-1.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC03725-1.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
Posted here a few weeks ago asking Mexican /pol/acks what I should expect while staying in the shit hole that is Mexico City.

I've been making a good living as a touring musician for a good 3 years now, signed to a steady label, and overall being very successful in the constant failure that is the music "industry".

Part of maintaining this success is touring, and being the victim of people booking you in the wildest of fashions and places.

I will now tell the story of my experience in Mexico City as a early 20's white guy working as an entertainer.
>>
>>71382262
Oh shit, let's hear it, faggot.
>>
Name your band or stop posting
>>
The first thing that threw me off guard was how fucking openly hostile Mexican musicians (mostly Mariachi musicians who get work in the same way that illegal immigrants wait outside of Home Depot, but this was just the beginning.
>>
>>71382262
Just don't get raped by your producer OP.
>>
>>71382262
> not writing it ahead of time
>>
>>71382391
Oi, hurry tf up m8.
>>
>>71382262
>Shitxico City
That's our New York
>>
File: 1460687998434.png (120 KB, 487x328) Image search: [Google]
1460687998434.png
120 KB, 487x328
>>71382262
Thanks, because /pol/ is your personal blog and all.
>>
Alright. So we get to the club.

The Mariachi performers that were giving us the stink eye end up basically hopping onto our show. They want to introduce us and sing traditional Mexican songs almost as an opening performance. We thought it was a great way to open the show, so with the help of our Mexican friends hosting us, we told them it was fine. When in rome, do what the romans do.

This was a big mistake.
>>
>>71382643
>When in rome, do what the romans do
ultimate cuck expression
>>
>>71382643
What do you play? What sort of music is it?
>>
>>71382643
I'm too drunk and just going to post the article that was written about it. The friend of mine who wrote this explains it much better than I can right now.

"San Diego to Tijuana... Arguably the most infamous border town of the Western World. The last hedonist haven. Crossing from a city that thrives on consumerism to a city that survives on debauchery, we were thrown into a place with no boundaries. Exactly what we needed..." So begins the liner text on the Black Lips' Los Valientes del Mundo Nuevo, the Atlanta garage-rock band's live album released in February but apparently recorded by John Reis at a wild Tijuana show last September.

Reviewers ran with the storyline, praising the record if expressing some doubt about its pedigree: "For this live set (if the liner notes are to be believed), the Black Lips opted to record a gig in one of the world's great centers of debauchery -- Tijuana, Mexico -- and hired a mariachi band to open the show," wrote Mark Deming for the All Music Guide. "A drunken and audibly enthusiastic audience packed the joint, hookers performed lewd acts while the band wailed onstage, and a splendid time was had by all capable of remembering the evening.... [T]he performances... sometimes sound suspiciously coherent for a real live recording...."

"This 12-song sonic apocalypse -- recorded live, as the story goes, at a mariachi club in Tijuana -- serves as an excellent introduction to these debauched rockers," summarized Rolling Stone reviewer Elizabeth Goodman.

In their early 20s now but together since their teens, the Black Lips have earned a rep for shows involving fireworks, nudity, etc., often playing multiple shows in a single day. (They are scheduled to play M-Theory Records today at 6 p.m. and the Casbah tonight.)

CONTINUED
>>
File: 1445653333199.jpg (176 KB, 847x650) Image search: [Google]
1445653333199.jpg
176 KB, 847x650
Play drums by chance?
I do guitar and drums.
>>
>>71382983

After a sweaty in-store set in Philadelphia earlier this year, drummer/vocalist Joe Bradley explained that the live record in TJ was the idea of their new record label Vice. "We have a new album coming out later this year [last month's Good Bad Not Evil], but Vice wanted something sooner to push, a live greatest hits record.... They wanted to call it Arriba Tijuana, but we thought that was boring."

Bradley confirmed that Reis had indeed miked the Tijuana gig and that Ernie Quintero, a friend of theirs from the Imperial Valley who had toured with them and booked them in Mexicali, was the guy who set up the show and put the label in touch with Reis.

Quintero, who plays keyboards in Slab City, gave details of the show by e-mail:

"I went through my friend Memo from Tijuana to help book the show...at the Salón Social Blanco y Negro. The venue is right off the main drag of the Revolución.... [Synth-punkers] Maniqui Lazer from Mexicali opened.... I don't remember the name of the mariachi band.... You can hire the mariachis right where Revolución begins under the big-ass arch that's on the cover of the CD. They hang out on the corner waiting to get picked up just like hookers -- it's rad.

"The [free] show was a beautiful mess. Vice threw down, like, $600 on Tecate caguamas [liter bottles], and they also bought a shitload of tequila and all the drinks were free for everyone. There was also a coke dealer that came with an extra-large Ziploc bag...and poured mounds of coke in people's palms....

"Some chick was ---- herself onstage while the Black Lips were playing.... And John Reis was there recording everything. He even had mikes hanging from the ceiling!"
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 480x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 480x395
Mexico City isn't that bad of a place. It's like any other Latin city, an economic hub and capital surrounded by barrios with above average crime.

I wouldn't mind living there in the colonial district and banging señoritas.
>>
>>71383070

And as for the stories of a Black Lips' near-bust in TJ?

"Yeah, this dude Randy who used to roadie for the Black Lips got caught peeing outside of a strip club/whorehouse that we all went to after the show," confirmed Quintero. "The Mexican cops planted some drugs on him, and he had to pay them $800 [emptying his ATM account] to get out of it. It was his first time in TJ, and he didn't know that peeing in the streets is, like, the worst thing you could do in Mexico. Even Mexicans get busted for that. I wish I was there with him so I could've talked the cops into a way lower payout."
>>
>>71383206
This is so far very underwhelming OP
>>
>>71383206
Don't let me dissuade you from finishing the story though.
>>
Boring
>>
>>71383395
I mostly just wanted to promote my band on here and brag about success.
>>
>>71383395

For real.

What the fuck is this op. Fucking dumb ass faggot. Fuck you and your blog. Stupid faggot, chubby chubby, no Willy, taint licking puta.
>>
>>71383500
Hey man 3rd world countries are like going to the zoo for us civilized folk. It can be very entertaining.
>>
>>71383514
Cool, well, maybe take some online classes in accounting or something in case success begins to dwindle.
>>
>>71383565
Which country had a mass shooting today? Not ours my "first" world folk.
>>
>>71382262
Seriously just shut the fuck up this isnt your personal blog nigger
>>
>>71383738
Signed to a label, and a loaded bank account.

I mean, you're right to a certain extent though. The music industry is harsh, and in a few years from now nobody will give a shit about our band. I will have to find a "real" job eventually, which I have the skills for (all musicians have day jobs if you're smart) but for now I'm having a great time regardless of the fucked up tours.
>>
>>71383806
You guys still have a monopoly on creative violence. Pretty sure it's your hot blooded Aztec genes.

I still love Mexico though.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 457x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 457x322
>>71383565
You guys are the Honduras of the "developed world"
>>
>>71382262
If s4s had a country it will be called Mexico City
Its both amazing and terrifying at the same time
Do
>explore the restaurants
>explore the museums
>visit the underground pet shops (if you can find them)
>explore the parks
>go to the antro or concert and fuck a girl
>tell them quesadillas will always have queso and theres no aztec relation with the word and the food whatsover you CHILANGO PEDAZO DE MIERDA INCULTO

Dont
>Buy smokes on the street
>eat food on the street
>dont panic about the air (its ozone pollution it just bothers your nose its not that dangerous)
>Give money to beggars
>Buy drugs
>Tell someone to help you (they will expect a tip 50% of the time)
>>
>>71383565
>civilized folk
>article mention one of the American apes peeing on the street as if he owns the place
>>
>>71383900
Ok also don't get hooked on drugs just because its a right of passage for most musicians.
>>
>>71384010
>"gun" deaths mattering more than "deaths"
death by machete is much more humane
>>
>>71384010
Take blacks and drumroll.... Hispanics! out of the equation and those numbers plummet.
>>
>>71384148
I've done my fair share of drugs. Started at a very young age, but I've really grown out of it. Seen a lot of my friends die from their problems.

I think the real problem is that drug use is so glamorized in the music industry, yet it kills all creativity.

A friend of mine who I always looked up to as far as guitar skill got addicted to heroin, and the best guitar player I've ever seen who taught me everything I know is selling is guitars at pawn shops to pay for shit heroin. It's really fucked up.
>>
>>71382811
May I ask you what city do you live in?
>>
>>71384127
I will admittinly pee on the street if I can get away with it.
>>
>>71383206
What the fuck are you getting at? I hope one of my friends bottlecrash you when you're back in Atlanta

>>71383395
Painfully so.
>>
>>71383022
No, I play guitar.

I mean, there's only two guitar players, but I don't really even care if you guys narrow it down and I'm "exposed".

I put out a solo record a few years ago under the name Old King Cole Younger that had the word "Nigger" in one of the songs and Vice refused to put it out when they finally heard it.

Thought separate from the main band, we've cut relations with those morons and we're now affiliated with independent labels owned by close friends in Atlanta.
>>
>>71382262
Bump for interest
>>
>>71382262
you went to the SJW city full of shitskin midgets
>>
>>71384474
Savage
>>
>>71384514
It's pretty obvious.

Hookers fucking fingering themselves while they were playing, on demand drug dealers in the bathroom, Mariachi bands outside of the club waiting to be picked up for work like some kind of Home Depot rat, and our roadies getting shit planted on them my Mexican police.

Mexico is a fucking shithole and I will quit music completely if I ever have to move there again.
>>
help your fucking addict friends dickhead
>>
>>71384020
>tell them quesadillas will always have queso and theres no aztec relation with the word and the food whatsover you CHILANGO PEDAZO DE MIERDA INCULTO

What, you expect hamburgers to have ham just because it's part of the word?
>>
>>71384861
While we were playing*
Sorry I'm a little bit drunk.
>>
>>71384861
Tijuana is a degenerate hellhole

It's like playing a gig in Detroit
>>
get them to a methadone clinic, spend 4 hours changing a friends life, fuck... people like you is why we addicts continue to fall further and further... your complacency toward the torment and sickness of heroin addiction. dude, fuck man.
>>
>>71384905
Nah, I don't have sympathy for anyone doing heroin these days. Sorry.
>>
>>71384933

You accidentally admitted that you stole this story from some other retard. Jesus Christ you sad fuck.
>>
>>71382262
hey thats pretty cool, i was just listening to fidlar reminds me of that. I dont really like fidlar though
>>
>>71385087
Oh, please.

As if I and tons of mutual friends between the addicts haven't tried that. You know what they do?

They sell their fucking methadone and use the money to buy heroin. They call you under the pretense of "Man, I just need a ride to go get some food, want to go eat?" "I'm sick, blah blah blah, I haven't seen you in a while buddy!" and then they fucking score heroin while you're not looking.
>>
>>71385211
>talking about hookers
>they
>the hookers
>not realizing the typo here
Fuck, I made another one at the end that I didn't even notice until now.

Don't be mad just because your country is literal hell.

Hell, we're not affiliated with Vice anymore anyway. Anyone want to see some personal emails we've had the Shane Smith?
>>
>>71385423
im interested, im also trying to make it as an artist if you can give me some tips
>>
File: 43c22d10.jpg (280 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
43c22d10.jpg
280 KB, 600x600
black lips blow
>>
>>71384861

that's like so crazy and wacky and wild wew lad
>>
>>71385921
My best tip for you:

Go study accounting
>>
>>71383565
>civilized folk
>a society that loves guns more their own mothers
Pick one
>>
>>71388613
It's true. I'd shoot my own mother for a gun.
>>
File: image.jpg (982 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
982 KB, 2592x1936
>>71388613
Reminds me, I have to finish my ar 15 build.
>>
File: cole.jpg (26 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
cole.jpg
26 KB, 304x304
For anybody wondering this is OP. So are you in your early twenties OP or have you guys just been in the band since your early 20's?

You seem like a swell guy.
>>
OP is a lying faggot
>>
>>71385921
hello dubman
>>
>>71382332
This
>>
>>71382262
I also performed there once OP.

I didn't think it was that bad. The surrounding area of Morelia was worse.
>>
>>71384280
Yeah well what about all the piece of shit rednecks? You know the ones who fuck their own sisters and shoot guns like retards? Do you know about those? Oh of course you do. Mommy-sister told you all about them huh? You fucking cuck nigger stop blaming minorities for your bullshit country
>>
>>71395066
He's not wrong. White America has the same crime rate as Europe.
>>
>>71395548
not true, white America is somewhat more criminal but still not too bad
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.