[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me pole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 31
File: 1457520737677.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457520737677.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
Legitimate reasons as to why America bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was justified and not just some dick move
>>
it was a dick move and i don't feel it was justified
>>
>>71381971
Nanking, 751
>>
>>71381971

They needed in situ tests to determine which denotation mechanism was more effective in a real situation. Those bombs aren't gonna build themselves you fucking leaf.
>>
Because a ground invasion was estimated to cost millions of lives, and after seeing the resistance on Iwo Jima and Okinawa, it was probably the strategically superior choice to demonstrate great (nuclear) power in a limited amount, than fight a persistent, long lasting insurgency.
>>
File: GooksDeservedIt.jpg (179 KB, 796x883) Image search: [Google]
GooksDeservedIt.jpg
179 KB, 796x883
>>71381971
They deserved it.
>>
>>71381971

The projected death toll of a conventional land invasion of Japan.
>>
>>71381971
Shit happens in war. Was the surprise Kamikaze attack on Pearl Harbor justified?
>>
>>71381971
Daily reminder that those two weren't enough
>>
>>71382350
>inb4 economic provocation
>>
>>71381971
Japanese wouldn't have surrendered otherwise. Pussy.
>>
File: Nippon menace.png (271 KB, 445x554) Image search: [Google]
Nippon menace.png
271 KB, 445x554
>>71381971
It wasn't justified because we didn't finish the job
>>
After Pearl Harbor, it was never about winning the war.

Sure, winning the war was a secondary objective. After the death marches, the hellish fighting, we finally had enough.

Long story short, the plan was that we nuked them. At the time seemed devastating, awful almost. But it won the war.

Then, they started to rebuild.

Now, long story short again, Japan is an isolated island country with failing tech companies (sony, looking at you), automotive companies with bigger assets overseas, nobody is having kids and half the country is addicted to anime and weeb shit.

I'd say the allies won.
>>
>>71381971
To make them surrender without losing any of our people, it's not that fucking complicated hong.
>>
>>71382246
Fucking this, two was not enough.
>>
>>71382576
"The Japanese began the war from the air at Pearl Harbor. They have been repaid many fold."

-Rosevelt
>>
>>71382350
>thinking Pearl Harbor was a surprise
>>
>>71381971
I actually just wrote a paper on this, Ill give you some short red pill
If we invaded japan, more japs would die, more cities bombed, and more americans getting killed. Truman was told by his advisors that he can look in the face of the american mothers who just lost their boy to the japanese imperial empire when we had a chance to stop the war. Truman proposed we show the japs what we have before we release it on them, but sadly thought this plan would be a total failure, which it would be. Also, the japanese were training not only their citizens, but teenagers as little as around 12-13 to fight and die for the invasion of japan. Yes, it was awful, but in reality, it was the fastest way to stop the war and kill the least amount of people.

And before anyone who might say "oh we should have just stopped the war right there", the japanese would never stop fighting, they would have attacked iwo jima and okinawa again and try to regain as many islands as possible. The Russians and Japs were fighting in manchuria at the time as well, so these people were trying to gain as much land as possible. We had to do it, no other explanation
>>
File: 555.jpg (117 KB, 865x534) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
117 KB, 865x534
>>71381971
because those nukes were childs play.

the firebombing raids killed more than the nukes .

we're just good at propaganda.
>>
>>71382246
>they reaped hellfire

that is a fucking badass line
>>
>>71381971

The projected total casualties to both sides of a conventional land invasion of Japan was considered unacceptable when compared to a the potential effects of the bombings.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff estimated that with a troop strength of ~800,000, the 6th Army would suffer up to ~500,000 casualties in the first 90 days of combat during the planned Operation Downfall.

Some other estimates from other sources considered over a million potential casualties in the invasion of Japan to be a conservative estimate.
>>
Best thing that ever happened to them. Japan was getting fire bombed every single night. Getting nuked saved millions of Japanese.
>>
>>71381971
Did you even read the image you posted? Because that is your answer.

If the Allies had fought according to what was morally acceptable, they would not have won. Period.
>>
>>71382789
Is OP

I'm writing a paper on it too right now.
Just need a long list of reasons as to why the chinks deserved what they got
>>
>>71381971
oh i don't know

wiping out over 20 million people
Raping over 500k women and children
Threatening to end their whole existence just cause
>surrendering is cowardly and better off dead

Yeah, you tell me maple dick
>>
A full on invasion would be much worse for both sides than a nuke. Its as simpe as that.
>>
>>71382850
1) The destructiveness of a nuke isn't directly proportional to it's megaton rating.
2) We didn't have thermonuclear bombs back then, hydrogen fusion was just a theory
3) Fission bombs release much more radiation, and are far more devastating to the environment, although their explosion radius isn't as big
>>
>>71382963
ahh, I hoped that helped!
>>
>>71381971
"...the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing."
- DWIGHT EISENHOWER, Newsweek, 11/11/63

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.
-ADMIRAL WILLIAM D. LEAHY
(Chief of Staff to Presidents Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman)

"The use of the atomic bomb, with its indiscriminate killing of women and children, revolts my soul."
"...the Japanese were prepared to negotiate all the way from February 1945...up to and before the time the atomic bombs were dropped; ...if such leads had been followed up, there would have been no occasion to drop the [atomic] bombs."
-HERBERT HOOVER

"When I asked General MacArthur about the decision to drop the bomb, I was surprised to learn he had not even been consulted. What, I asked, would his advice have been? He replied that he saw no military justification for the dropping of the bomb. The war might have ended weeks earlier, he said, if the United States had agreed, as it later did anyway, to the retention of the institution of the emperor."

THEY DIDN'T EVEN CONSULT MACARTHUR
>>
>>71381971
Because back then men cared about their own people. Why invade a hostile nation that will probably have civilians doing ME tier shit on your troops plus an army willing to charge into gunfire with fucking swords when you can drop a few bombs? Either a bunch of japs AND americans die or just a bunch of japs die.

If you wanted total surrender it was the only way to go. Gramps probably would have died and I wouldn't have been here if we had invaded.
>>
File: denywarcrime.gif (981 KB, 1064x589) Image search: [Google]
denywarcrime.gif
981 KB, 1064x589
If the japs had nukes first they'd nuke us more than twice.

We all knew Imperial Japan would give katanas to women and children and tell them to die for the empire if invaded.

The nukes were mostly a display of our superior power to both Japan and the USSR. I'm not saying be thankful for the nukes, but be thankful America conquered you quickly instead of letting the USSR finish turning around and get their fingers around half of your nation as well, like Germany.
>>
File: 1460867838838.png (210 KB, 1000x8000) Image search: [Google]
1460867838838.png
210 KB, 1000x8000
>>71382246
These remind me of each other
>>
>>71383098
>"The use of the atomic bomb, with its indiscriminate killing of women and children, revolts my soul."

They were dropping get the fuck out of doge flyers for a week ro two leading up.
>>
You do realize the alternative was sarin gas right?
Plan B was to basically gas the whole fucking island.
>>
>>71381971

reminder japan was ready to surrender under the condition that they got to keep their emperor but america said no deal we havnt gotten to use these new toys yet yehaw
>>
>>71383464
lol no they weren't they were giving the children bombs to run under tanks with

>he fell for the gook lies
>>
File: Operation_Downfall_-_Map.jpg (165 KB, 1260x970) Image search: [Google]
Operation_Downfall_-_Map.jpg
165 KB, 1260x970
Operation downfall, the mainland invasion of Japan, was literally 1000x worse. We made so many purple hearts in 1945 in anticipation of it, we are still handing them out to this day. Not one purple heart has been minted since 1945.

We also saved them from the Soviet Union, who would have turned them into an impoverished communist satellite state, like Ukraine or Kazakhstan or some shithooe.

Operation Downfall woukd have involved dozens of nuclear weapons, and a full scale ground invasion, and that STILL would have been more merciful.

Now I respectfully ask you this... What would your alternitive have been?
>>
>>71383464
wow, my irish brethren have turned autistic
>>
File: rambo.jpg (57 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
rambo.jpg
57 KB, 1440x1080
It wasn't my war! You asked me I didn't ask you, and I did what I had to do to win, but somebody wouldn't let us win! Then I come back to the world, and I see all those maggots at the airport, protestin' me and spittin', callin' me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about! In the field we had a code of honor. You watch my back I watch yours. Back here there's nothing! Back there I could fly a gunship, I could drive a tank, I was in charge of million-dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job parking cars!! I had a friend, who was Danforth. What, I had all these guys man. Back there I had all these fucking guys. Who were my friends. Cause back here there's nothing. Remember Danforth? He wore this black headband and I took one of those magic markers and I said to Feron, "Hey mail us to Las Vegas" cause we were always talking about Vegas, and this fucking car. This uh red '58 Chevy convertible, he was talking about this car, he said we were gonna cruise till the tires fall off ... We were in this bar in Saigon and this kid comes up, this kid carrying a shoe-shine box. And he says "Shine, please, shine!" I said no. He kept askin', yeah, and Joey said "Yeah." And I went to get a couple of beers, and the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fucking blew his body all over the place. And he's laying there, he's fucking screaming. There's pieces of him all over me, just...like this, and I'm tryin' to pull him off, you know, my friend that's all over me! I've got blood and everything and I'm tryin' to hold him together! I'm puttin'... the guy's fuckin' insides keep coming out! And nobody would help! Nobody would help! He's saying, sayin' "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" He keeps calling my name! "I wanna go home, Johnny! I wanna drive my Chevy!" I said "With what? I can't find your fuckin' legs! I can't find your legs!"
>>
>>71383063
>The destructiveness of a nuke isn't directly proportional to it's megaton rating.

obviously. that doesnt mean the bombs are not tiny compared to modern nukes.

>We didn't have thermonuclear bombs back then, hydrogen fusion was just a theory
>Fission bombs release much more radiation, and are far more devastating to the environment, although their explosion radius isn't as big

m8 what are you on about. my point was the nukes we dropped weren't even the worst things we did. the firebombing raids killed more people.

they surrendered because their last bargaining chip for peace, the soviets. (who declared war on them)
>>
Why complain about these but no the fire bombings, which were as deadly?
>>
>>71383098
>Dumbass who didn't deserve his job and fought Germans the entire war
>Admiral who's job was irrelevant by 1945, Japan had no navy
>Failed president
Wow I guess you are right we definitely didn't have to drop the bombs. You sure showed me, leaf.
>>
File: 1435097256527.jpg (65 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1435097256527.jpg
65 KB, 400x500
>>71381971
Because 'Murica YEEEEEHAW
>>
>>71381971
the bombing wasn't necessary,but it ensured the war would end soon after. The american gave ample warning to the Japanese that they were done fucking around and even after the first bomb they took a break and gave Japan a chance to surrender. When they failed to do so 'murica delivered and the Japs finally understood they had no choice. War is never justified, but the U.S. handled the situation in the best way possible that would allow them victory.
>>
>>71381971
It was that or a ground offensive which would have killed millions more, of us and them, and probably would have left the Japanese in a far more vengeful state. Nukes are terrible things, but I don't see what else we could have done.
>>
>>71383377
You really think that makes it ok to nuke a city for no reason? 'Well, we told you to leave'. Remember nobody knew what a nuke was.

All I can guess is they wanted to see what kind of destruction their new weapon could do against a real target. It's pretty damn sickening.
>>
>>71383690
fucking kek
>>
File: 1453612021380.png (2 MB, 1221x1459) Image search: [Google]
1453612021380.png
2 MB, 1221x1459
>>71381971
>worrying about morality in total war
The winner writes history
The winner determines who is morally correct after the fact.
Winning takes priority over subjective notions of morality.
>>
Highlighted America's military advantage over ussr in inevitable cold war
>>
>>71381971
they refused to surrender, bombing led to fewer casualties than invasion
>>
>>71381971
Because you stop attacking when the enemy is knocked out, not when some pedantic berniecuck thinks it would be reasonable.
>>
>>71382777
Trips of truth
>>
>>71381971
You do realize they Japanese were willing to lose everyone until we overran every territory in Japan, right? They wouldn't have given up and neither would we.

The bombs weren't right but it sure as hell did save a lot of manpower and lives.

I love how everyone brings the bombs up but no one brings up Pearl Harbor.
>>
File: 1434749329312.gif (817 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1434749329312.gif
817 KB, 250x250
>>71382350
>kamikaze attack on pearl harbor
>pearl harbor
>kamikaze attack
>>
>>71381971

I remember watching a documentary a few years back where we had firebombed them, burned 55% of Tokyo to the ground (and several other major targets), then gave them the chance to surrender.
We didn't hear back, so we bombed them, didn't hear back, then bombed them again.
There was some question as to weather they could even communicate that they had surrendered after the firebombings.
>>
ITT: NEET weebs are super upset nippon was nuked to oblivion

Japan was too respectable to end up a faggot cartoon wasteland on its own. You see, the nukes made your animes possible, anons.

You'll die virgins because of all your animes but at least you enjoy them, right?
>>
Japan better be fucking grateful. Their bloodlines would've been wiped out had we conducted a full scale invasion.
>>
File: eat shit.jpg (62 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
eat shit.jpg
62 KB, 400x505
>>71381971

The Battle of Okinawa displayed new defensive battlefield strategies and tactics from the Japanese which made the battle a nightmare for the Allies. They expected this to be the new norm but on a much vaster scale once they invaded the home islands. What they didn't know, however, was that the commander of Japanese forces in Okinawa conducted those strategies against the commands of their top brass since he wanted to prove their effectiveness, though in all likelihood they were not going to continue what he did. Due to this lingering belief the Allies were expecting astronomical casualties once they invaded, primarily from poorly armed and trained militias that Japan was mobilizing.

Other factors included:

1. Japan could no longer resist American armed forces due to their navy and air force being almost entirely wiped out yet was refusing to surrender.

2. Japan was literally starving to death to go along with being incapable of fueling its industry due to American submarine anti-convoy operations yet was refusing to surrender.

3. Japan was firebombed multiple times which caused massive destruction and civilian casualties yet was refusing to surrender.

4. Japan was on the retreat on all fronts which meant it was impossible for it to hold onto its empire yet was refusing to surrender.

Finally, with the Soviet Union on the verge of entering the war the United States needed something to finally shock Japan into capitulating as to avoid not only suffering massive casualties but also splitting occupation zones with the Soviets in Japan. The only things they had left that could maybe do that were the atomic bombs and they needed to drop both of them to prove that they had a stockpile (even though they only had the two at the time) and could keep doing this until Japan had nothing left to bomb.
>>
>>71384232

nope, they refused to surrender twice.

there was no breakdown of communications.
>>
>>71382576
>automotive companies with bigger assets overseas
It's hard to do Tokyo drift anymore.
>>
File: 1460874975348.jpg (491 KB, 1092x2188) Image search: [Google]
1460874975348.jpg
491 KB, 1092x2188
>>71384244
>>
>>71384345
They tried to surrender twice. They had to go to the Russians and later to the Swiss. America was having none of it.
>>
>>71381971
vae victis faggot
>>
Self defense is never a d*ck move.

We where not going to allow them to fight us (with swords if needed) on the ground. We where not going to suffer a "tet offense" in Japan. And I'm sick of wussy reddit users and flag burning progressives expecting people to appologise to muslims, communists, and faggot pajama wearing Asians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhKp72c6xCY
>>
Reminder that the citizens both cities were warned in advance of what was to come by flyer drop, along with why they were bombing those cities (to obliterate manufacturing capabilities).

Those that chose to stay embraced their fates
>>
>>71384389
Quality post
>>
Self defense is never a d*ck move. It's called winning a war you moron.

We where not going to allow them to fight us (with swords if needed) on the ground. We where not going to suffer a "tet offense" in Japan. And I'm sick of wussy reddit users and flag burning progressives expecting people to appologise to muslims, communists, and faggot pajama wearing Asians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhKp72c6xCY
>>
>>71384520

You do know that the tet offensive came after WWII right

And that it was actually a solid military victory
>>
>>71384345

Gotcha. I guess I'm not too surprised, they're a proud race if nothing else.

The firebombing was crazy though. I just Googled. Some of the aircraft we used didn't return because of the huge firestorm.
>>
>>71384480

They absolutely did not. They refused the unconditional surrender twice.
>>
File: 1460168181938.jpg (55 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
1460168181938.jpg
55 KB, 640x417
>>71381971
We got lazy, and are dicks....the end?
>>
File: 1423162301127.png (437 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1423162301127.png
437 KB, 640x360
The alternative was Operation "Downfall". The allied plan for an invasion of Japan in November 1945. The plan involved 23 entire amphibious infantry landing divisions, 4 airborne parachute divisions, by up to 35 nuclear weapons deployed on landing zones shortly before the invasion, as well as relentless 24/7 incendiary carpet bombings on all cities capible of industrial production. The allied casualties were estimated in between 2 and 4 million and the Japanese casualties were estimated at around 17 million.
This puts D-day and the invasion of Europe, the largest military action in modern history on the scale of a kindergarten project.
>>
>>71381971

Don't start a war that you're afraid to lose.
>>
americans would have lost the war if they fought on mainland japan.
just like vietnam.
also the japs were not eager to surrender even after the nuking.
the official letter by the emperor in which japan surrendered had to be smuggled in the womens' laundry cart.
>>
>>71381971
I love how the nips always forget to mention that they killed 2-3 times more than what da joos got coming in the holohoax.
>>
File: slap_the_jap.jpg (63 KB, 400x522) Image search: [Google]
slap_the_jap.jpg
63 KB, 400x522
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/1135368.stm

The Japs were planning to use these bombs on California. Not to mention Unit 731 using live humans to test even more devastating biological weapons.

Fuck them. They got what they deserved
>>
>>71384874

Vietnam was lost because of a fallout of domestic support. America won every major confrontation, even Tet, and was outkilling the norks by an order of magnitude.

An invasion of japan would have been successful, just very hard and enormously bloody, far more than the bombs.
>>
Let me ask you, what do you think the Japanese would have done if they had the bomb first?
>>
File: image.png (728 KB, 843x534) Image search: [Google]
image.png
728 KB, 843x534
>>71381971
Show of strength towards the Soviets.
>>
>>71381971
Because the Japanese would have fought to a man. Those that didn't die initially would have guerilla tactic'd our forces whilst hiding amongst the native population
tl;dr
>Pre-peat of Vietnam
>>
>>71384213
Not sure if trolling
>>
>>71385021
you can't win against a nation that will throw everything at you.
you think of war as in A meets B on a predetermined battlefield. A wins and the war is over.
that's not how 4th generation warfare is fought.
>>
>>71384931
>The Japs were planning to use these bombs on California. Not to mention Unit 731 using live humans to test even more devastating biological weapons.

What a load of shit. Japan never intended to invade the US. They tried to quickly grab most of the pacific and disable the US navy to gain a position of strength from where to broker a piece favorable to them i,e. lifting all trade sanctions the US played upon them and have their conquest in Asia internationally recognized.
>>
>>71385408

I didn't say they were going to physically invade. I said they were going to drop those plague bombs on California.
>>
>>71385299

>you can't win against a nation that will throw everything at you.

You can if you're willing to shoot civies. And they were.
>>
>>71384625

This idiot thinks Sun Tzu came after ww2. Read it again. We where not going to hop islands, allow them to bunker down, and get ambushed by these people. Apparently you don't understand that.
>>
File: 1454900753694.jpg (145 KB, 1352x764) Image search: [Google]
1454900753694.jpg
145 KB, 1352x764
>>71385517
>I said they were going to drop those plague bombs on California.
>MFW they didnt
>>
>>71381971
The Japanazis would have tried to sacrifice their entire population to kill our soldiers. This way, there were less casualties and Japan could be made an American puppet.
>>
>>71385552
your law prohibits shooting civilians
>>
>>71381971
It ended the war, you weeb
>>
File: 1458058047253.png (2 MB, 2000x1076) Image search: [Google]
1458058047253.png
2 MB, 2000x1076
>>71381971
>good chance that it avoids what could be a painful effort to root out combined military and civilian resistance even as the Japanese people starve due to wartime bombing of supply routes and trade restriction. Thus, it saves lives all round.
>japanese were on the verge of executing a number of us and allied pows already in very poor health held in Japan-many of whom had been captured in the Philippines, etc. years beforehand. They wanted to hide the evidence and get one last dig at the dishonorable dogs for surrendering.
>hopefully end it fast so as to preclude Soviet presence in the region and a tragic division of Japan as seen in Germany
>secure us influence over Japan by making sure that the Soviets have no territory (assuming it ends the war fast), making the looming cold war have a bit less tension
>lets the us show everyone else that it is the top world power (at least until the Soviets showcase their bomb). This might fall under sick move, but it's true.
>>
>>71381971
start shit, get rekt
>>
>>71385517

With what planes? From what base? Bombers flying all the way to north america?
>>
>>71382008
I usually assume I am the only one that does not buy in on that.

You may not know there was an complete series planned all the way to genocide, but stopped in some strife after the two.
>>
File: trumppepemexico.jpg (121 KB, 680x651) Image search: [Google]
trumppepemexico.jpg
121 KB, 680x651
>>71382196
>Those bombs aren't gonna build themselves you fucking leaf.
nor is that wall ;^)
>>
Because when a bunch of tiny nips fly over your Naval base and kill 2,400 people, you don't give them a nice ass tap and send them on their way. You drop 2 fucking nukes on them to assure that they won't ever try that stupid shit again. When someone hits you, hit them back harder so that they learn their lesson.
>>
>>71382350

Pearl Harbor wasn't a kamikaze attack you retard.
>>
File: Capital_Wasteland_CA.jpg (2 MB, 3500x1382) Image search: [Google]
Capital_Wasteland_CA.jpg
2 MB, 3500x1382
War is terrible. It is sad that so many people have to die for stupid reasons.
As for your question, what other option did we have? Like everyone pointed out, a land invasion would have cost many allied lives.
I just hope we never see them used again, but most likely we will.... and that will be the end of modern civilization and possibly humanity.
>>
File: cartit.jpg (111 KB, 665x886) Image search: [Google]
cartit.jpg
111 KB, 665x886
>>71385951

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cherry_Blossoms_at_Night
>>
>>71385710
The U.N. didn't exist prior to ww2. It's not our fault they built huge cities around military installations.

Also... bombings aren't technically "shootings."
>>
>>71383098
MacArthur was pro-nuke. He wanted to nuke China after Japan, it was after that statement he was stood down by Truman. Fucking leafs cannot even into history.
>>
>>71384389
fucking kek, wow
>>
>>71381971
It was a war. No justification needed, you pussy.
>>
>>71381971
I've never understood why people make such a big deal about the Atomic attacks but never seem concerned about firebombing raids that killed far more people. Air forces on all sides had been leveling cities since the war started. The atomic bomb was just a more effective way to do that, while risking far less aircraft.
>>
File: Cantard2.jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Cantard2.jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>71381971

Oh, faggy Canada, when will you ever learn?
>>
>>71382350
>kamikaze attack
anon do you even know what a kamikaze is?
>>
There is no justifying it. It's like saying you had to shoot a guy in the face when he was half unconscious on the ground. The Jews wanted to punish them for daring to stand against the NWO.
>>
>>71386556
its like a concentrated amount of a substance will kill you or be really awful but taken in smaller amounts you'll be fine
or a kid shot in a gang related incident vs a school shooting
>>
File: Grey_Knights_Librarian.jpg (92 KB, 786x1049) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Knights_Librarian.jpg
92 KB, 786x1049
>>71382166
This
>>
>>71381971
We were trying to prevent Anime from being made. Surely a noble cause for any conscious being
>>
>>71384480
> America was having none of it.

And let that be a lesson to the rest of you, don't fuck with us.
>>
>>71385951
German hahaha!
>>
>>71386327
Why the fuck is the gear shift IN the center of the radio stack?
>>
File: 1460474759760.jpg (11 KB, 234x255) Image search: [Google]
1460474759760.jpg
11 KB, 234x255
>>71381971
Body count of Murrican soldiers would be horrible.

Way too easy to just nuke the Japs.

Nips deserved it.
>>
>>71382350
>still believing in something that the US government admitted was fake
>>
Japan back then was not the Japan of today. The Japanese in WW2 were our grandparent's ISIS, except instead of bombs strapped to their chest they flew planes into everything.

Just look at history. We bombed them once and told them to surrender or we would bomb again. The absolute madmen had the audacity to say "FUCK YOU" so we bombed them again.
>>
File: d54.jpg (41 KB, 625x365) Image search: [Google]
d54.jpg
41 KB, 625x365
>>71381971
They needed a rude awakening. They were overly loyal to their leader. Maniac zombies.

Plus OP is a faggot and the USAF thought he was there.
>>
File: Ducreux1.jpg (149 KB, 590x775) Image search: [Google]
Ducreux1.jpg
149 KB, 590x775
>>71386788
This

God I hate fucking anime so much
>>
>>71381971
Hiroshima (and the Russian invasion of Manchuria) was justified, it gave the peace faction of the Japanese government leverage to actually surrender. Nagasaki was a bit of a dick move though, by that point it was more hammering the point in than anything.
>>
File: 1461024656853.png (3 MB, 1898x2604) Image search: [Google]
1461024656853.png
3 MB, 1898x2604
>>71386788
anon....
>>
File: what_did_you_say.jpg (65 KB, 610x320) Image search: [Google]
what_did_you_say.jpg
65 KB, 610x320
>>
>>71386603
its what happens when the local japanese bulls fuck his mom
>>
>>71381971
It saved at least 500,000 lives on both sides. The Japanese were determined to arm everyone, women and children included and fight for every inch of the country. This would have been a bloodbath.
>>
File: Japan.png (106 KB, 1092x2188) Image search: [Google]
Japan.png
106 KB, 1092x2188
>>71384389
better version
>>
>>71381971
>we were at war
>we had nukes
that is why it was acceptable. All that happens is just. If you don't have the biggest guns in existence, don't fuck with the people who do unless you're ready for a world of shit.
>>
>>71382350
>kamikaze attack on Pearl Harbor
I really want to believe Americans have an average intelligence and at least know their history.
But twats like you always make me believe otherwise. If I were an American I'd slap your fucking shit for making me look dumb.
>>
>>71381971
If we invaded the mainland a lot more people would have died.
>>
File: mtCPpPe.jpg (38 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
mtCPpPe.jpg
38 KB, 500x656
I wish we would have had faith in our scientists and saved that test bomb we wasted in the Nevada desert. Could have lit up Tokyo :(
>>
Lot of good goy propaganda in this thread. Amazing how people can uncritically accept the justifications of those with the blood of thousands on their hands.

In reality the Japanese were trying to surrender before Hiroshima and their military capacity had been destroyed. It wasn't just or necessary.
>>
>>71387810
SOME of the Japanese wanted surrender, and until the bombs they were essentially irrelevant in the Japanese government. Funny you say good goy propaganda when most of the revisionist bullshit stems from Gar Alperovitz, a literal communist kike.
>>
>>71381971
We used economic warfare on them and they were having trouble getting oil so they did a preemptive strike on basically the entire pacific fleet. Pulled us in militarily we develop the atomic bomb and use it to stop the war saving thousands of American and Japanese lives. Still the Japanese do not surrender so they drop another one and they surrender.
Fuckers were tuff and dedicated to the cause. Both sides in a conventional war to clear all that real estate would have cost a few hundred thousand lives on the American side and up to a million Japanese.
The bomb was at the time the best option. Not sure they had to use it twice tho had they given them more time to decide.
>>
>>71381971
Had to demonstrate the power of the bomb to the soviets to pervent ww3
>>
>>71381971

If someone attacks you and won't stop, you are free to do whatever necessary to make them stop. Sacrificing more American lives for the sake of people who wanted to kill you is treasonous. Of course, that's why it's such a popular argument these days...
>>
>>71381971
also it was a entirely new technology and we were dying to test it on a population center to see what it would do
>>
>>71387976
I don't know what you're talking about but their is no denying we nuked women and children. Not a military base or factory.

Just accept that we did wrong. It's not personally any of our faults, but you can't blatantly ignore history/reality
>>
>>71382789
>The Russians and Japs were fighting in manchuria at the time as well
no they weren't
>>
>>71388282
>but their is no denying we nuked women and children
Who is denying this? No one claims the bombing campaign over Japan never happened.

>Not a military base or factory.
This is an outright lie, Hiroshima housed the headquarters of the 2nd General Army and about 40,000 Japanese troops 20,000 of which were casualties. Nagasaki was a significant industrial target and seaport.
>>
>>71381971
A swift end to the war. OP Downfall would have been costly in American lives although the death figures werw grossly exaggerated. The US killed more with firebombing than with abombs. The second abomb was questionable through. We should have let Japan keep its emperor in exchange for surrender.
>>
>>71381971
It's war you pussy.
>>
>>71381971
Truth be told it saved more Japanese lives than it took.
>>
>>71388411
They were, actually. The Kwantung army had border clashes with the Soviets in the 30s and after Hiroshima the Soviets launched a massive invasion that mopped up what was left of the Kwantung Army at that point.
>>
>>71388411
Yes they were

>Usa education strikes again
>>
>>71388239
>I don't know what you're talking about
>>71387976
>SOME of the Japanese wanted surrender, and until the bombs they were essentially irrelevant in the Japanese government
By this I meant that there were differing factions in the Japanese government. Some wanted a negotiated surrender (at this time it meant keeping the Empire and the Emperor, self-prosecution of war crimes, and no occupation of the Home Islands. Revisionists often lie and say that the first demand was ALL they wanted before the bombs, or that most of the Japanese actually agreed to that in the first place) and the military hardliners who wanted to fight to the death. Hiroshima and the Soviet invasion tipped the balance in favor of the peace faction, and even then some of the hardliners still wanted to continue the war.

>Funny you say good goy propaganda when most of the revisionist bullshit stems from Gar Alperovitz, a literal communist kike.
Most of the 'they were good boys, they were going to surrender before the bombs and the US only did it as a show of force to the Soviets!' comes from Gar Alperovitz's Atomic Diplomacy, which is essentially 1960s vintage New Left propaganda. It was a crock of shit and most revisionist literature nowadays discredits the early surrender thesis.
>>
>>71389566
Meant for >>71388282
>>
"Legitimate" is a ridiculous and arbitrary word to bring into the discussion. The simple truth is that no one gave a shit after four years of war, four years of nearly every military-aged male missing from your hometown.

People in 1945 didn't have their heads all the way up their asses yet and correctly valued an American life over a Jap life in a time of war.,
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.