[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any FM lurking /pol? Which rite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 34
File: freemason.jpg (84 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
freemason.jpg
84 KB, 499x500
Any FM lurking /pol? Which rite?
>>
i am in the secret rite that you probably haven't heard of because it is so exclusive
>>
>>71379468
i went and visited the hall downtown once. it was just a place where old people eat shit catering
>>
>>71379640
Yeah, sounds about right mate, similiar here in Poland.
>>
>>71379468
33rd degree Grand Cyclops reporting in. With fingers crossed, the old rabbit's foot out of the box in the attic, I will be sacrificing a chicken in the backyard to Moloch . . .
>>
>>71379468
lol tf this some illuminati shit nigga the fuck outta here wit that shit boy ill beat your fuckin bitch ass the illuminati fuck you nigga i dont play that shit bitch ass white boy how bout you come to that block my nigga u no where i be come get some bitch ass fucking rascist satan illuminati fucking punk ill fucking pop a cap in yo mothafuckin ass nigga dont be comin on the fucki internet spoutin that bitch ass illuminati new world order bullshit nigga i run the street i put in work nigga what have u done lol baka bitch ass nigga fucking satan worshipping fuckin new world order bitch ass nigga u show your facein my hood ill beat your fucking bitch ass punk ass white boy fuck outta here wit that bullshit baka
>>
>>71379640
yeah right anon... it's all about the food.. right
>>
>>71379468
I always see bumper stickers.
>To be one ask one.
Is it that easy? What are the benefits? What's the process of becoming one? Would I still be accepter as a spic?
>>
>>71379640
Literally this. Seems like these organizations are dying also. My grandfather was a member of all these social clubs, he was a Mason, the Rotary, the Lions and in the Orange Order, probably would have joined the Knights of Columbus if they let him. People of that generation, that's what they did.
>>
>>71379468
>they are people who fell for the mason meme
literally pyramid scheme "Zionist edition"
>>
Is it true Catholics can't join Freemasons because they're rivals?

I've heard Catholics are supposed to join Knights of Columbus groups.
>>
>>71379468
Can we put big boobed women into stables and give them smartphones?
>>
>>71380045
they are essentially the same. freemasons are just inductees for what is later revealed to be mason shenanigans. the masons = templars
>>
File: IMG_12468921234562.jpg (52 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG_12468921234562.jpg
52 KB, 960x540
>>71379468
Tuscarawas county, Ohio reporting in.
>>
>>71379917
Yeah, it's that easy. Benefits? Not much, except of knowing a lot of people, which is always good. Also, these people tend to be CEOs and so son, so you can get a job from a Brother. Just think about it as a fraternity.
I can't tell you the process. Yeah, if you believe in Supreme Being and want to be a better person nobody gives a damn about your skin color.

>>71380045
How can I put it... Not rivals, but Catholic Church liked to purge Masons from time to time, because they needed a scapegoat. That's why we don't like them. You can join freemasonry as a catholic, but you need a permit from your priest, otherwise it's a deadly sin.
>>
>>71379468
I see a lot of masonic references in Hermeticism. Are you guys basically Gnostics?
>>
>>71380592
Not really.
>>
I work down the road from the masons building here. Just seems like a bunch of guys in suits hanging around for an hour then leaving.
>>
>>71380592
christian kabbalists
>>
>>71380738
Yeah, overgeneralisation, but it looks like that from outside I guess.
>>
File: mk.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
mk.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Dont you know? i'm the one you've all been waiting for. are you ready for the light to shine?
>>
>>71380592
>Are you guys basically Gnostics?
masons accept every religion
>>
File: aleistercrowley.jpg (27 KB, 608x510) Image search: [Google]
aleistercrowley.jpg
27 KB, 608x510
Thelema master race
>>
File: blood sport.jpg (33 KB, 590x295) Image search: [Google]
blood sport.jpg
33 KB, 590x295
accept this, you silly mortals
>>
File: Funny sidious.jpg (227 KB, 848x502) Image search: [Google]
Funny sidious.jpg
227 KB, 848x502
we negotiators now
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 227x222
AF&AM.. Texas Mason. York rite
>>
alright so i have nothing to live for and would like to devote my life to archiving esoteric rites, obviously not for public domain but as a member of an organization, order, fellowship, what have you.

How can i go about doing this as a 22 year old recent BA grad with no skills but a thirst for knowledge?
>>
Bro checking in. No appended bodies yet but shriner.
>>
Is 4chan considered degenerate by the craft?
>>
File: Darth sidious puzzled.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Darth sidious puzzled.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>71383692
you must be knew...this is the future of the craft
>>
File: pikey.jpg (54 KB, 425x382) Image search: [Google]
pikey.jpg
54 KB, 425x382
>>71383692
we play in the open nao
>>
>>71379468
>Which rite?
All of them. Only Americans have that silly two "Rite" system.

>>71380045
Plenty of Catholics join. Or join both. GM here is Catholic.
>>
Go to hell you piece of shit
>>
>>71379546
me too but I'm the next level or so up from you so I doubt you even know we exist yet
>>
File: pepe kron.jpg (7 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
pepe kron.jpg
7 KB, 188x188
>>71385580
gunn cwy wagie? wagie gunna cwy? kek
>>
>>71385679
>>71379546
I'm at the utmost elite level, even muttering the first letter is forbidden.
>>
>>71381982
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Are you implying you want to write the things down, or something akin to that?
>>
File: demon face.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
demon face.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>71385679
33 g i can see i can see!
>>
>>71385764
Lol enjoy being a literal fag, fag
>>
>>71386034
awwww, my feelings so hurt.
>>
Scottish rite, Orient of North Dakota.
>>
>>71380045
Any Catholic who becomes a Freemason incurs latae sententiae excommunication. You cannot be a Freemason and a Catholic. Period.

The Knights weren't meant to be the "Catholic answer to Freemasonry" or some alternative for Catholics who are interested in a fraternal organisation. The original purpose of the Knights was that its members would have the assurance that, in the event of their death, their widows and families would be taken care of.
>>
File: mason government verhofstad2.jpg (22 KB, 385x224) Image search: [Google]
mason government verhofstad2.jpg
22 KB, 385x224
Belgian government 2003-2007 under prime minister and Freemason Guy Verhofstad
100% ministers where Freemasons
The female ministers where all daughters or married to masons
Most of them even openly admit they are members
That government pushed gay marriage, open borders, gay adoption, globalist free trade, euthanasia
Scum of the earth
>>
File: warlock pepe.png (398 KB, 333x555) Image search: [Google]
warlock pepe.png
398 KB, 333x555
>>71386190
welcome my brother welcome.. i might not be welcomed into your lodges, but you can always come play here
>>
>>71386190
Is that SJ or NMJ?

>>71386236
>You cannot be a Freemason and a Catholic.
I know plenty who disagree. Even the late (Arch?)-Bishop of Melbourne.
>>
>>71386999
I don't care if they "disagree". There are plenty of Catholics who disagree with the Church teaching on contraception and gay marriage as well, but the Church teaching is the Church teaching.

Proof:
http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/masons1.htm

Also, I don't know to which Abp. you're referring to. Hart? Not a Freemason. Pell? Not a Freemason. Little? Not a Freemason. Knox? Not a Freemason. The list goes on.

Maybe you're thinking of the Anglicans, which wouldn't be surprising because Protestants have no problem with Freemasonry. For Catholics, it is a grave sin and results in automatic excommunication, as I said.
>>
I guess my great grandfather was a 32nd degree, and I inherited all of his paraphernalia. Everyone is dead but me, and they didn't share any of this information with me.

I am a diest. I'm going to school now for for urban planning, and have a huge thing for classical architecture.

Can someone that is a member tell me is it worth a history/architectural buff's time? I'd love to learn as to why they do what they do... but otherwise, I could give a shit hanging out with old drunk men.
>>
>>71385472
you can join both now
>>
>>71387500
>I don't care if they "disagree"
And they probably don't care about that. They're Catholic, and they find no issue with Masonry.
>Also, I don't know to which Abp. you're referring to.
Frank Something. He was Grand Chaplain there for a number of years. Quite a big deal was made about it for obvious reasons.
>results in automatic excommunication
Not anymore. It has to go through the Holy See as a legal matter for the excommunication to take place. Probably why there hasn't been a case of it for something like a century (as far as I know).

>>71387612
You mean the "York Rite" and "Scottish Rite"? Both have always been open. My point was that there are far more out there.

>>71387543
>Can someone that is a member tell me is it worth a history/architectural buff's time?
Absolutely. But if you're not into the spiritual/esoteric/scientific aspects, you're better off just grabbing the ritual books and 3rd party books commentating on it.
>>
>>71387989
So is it sort of like a set of conformed beliefs/ceremonies that have been passed down?

I am very interested in learning why they built where they built...but how much of it do they believe for themselves?
>>
>>71388343
>I am very interested in learning why they built where they built
There's actually a difference there. We don't claim to be a part of the old operative guilds who did build shit. Just studying them. The speculative craft did develop from the operatives, but it's changed quite a bit.
The main pieces passed down were some of the spiritual beliefs about the work done (except now we just study them, rather than use them to build).
>>
>>71388343
>conformed beliefs
The only thing Masonry says is to be a good helpful man that believes in a higher power or deity. That's basically it. Don't be some criminal asshat, don't be in it just for personal gain to abuse relations of the brothers and their help, be law-abiding and helpful to others, and believe in a higher power.

As for the law-abiding part, many of us in my lodge and new people wanting to join often make a joke about following laws but not by the tyrannical government it could become and is winging towards.
>>
>>71379978
they were pretty much subreddits before internet and a way for normies to congregate and pool resources
>>
>>71387989
>And they probably don't care about that. They're Catholic, and they find no issue with Masonry.
I don't think you understand how Catholicism works. It's not some Protestant sect where you get to choose which doctrines you're going to follow based on whether or not their convenient to your interests and lifestyle. If you are a Catholic and a Freemason, you are excommunicated. This is not my opinion, this is from the Roman Curia itself - from the highest authority. You cannot be a Catholic and a Freemason, and the only way to return to union with the Church is to renounce Freemason totally and repent of this sin.

This is to say that those "Catholics" who are also Freemasons are living in perpetual, unrepentant sin, and if they should die before they repent there is only one destination for them.

>Frank Something. He was Grand Chaplain there for a number of years. Quite a big deal was made about it for obvious reasons.
Frank Woods? He was an Anglican.

>Not anymore.
Yes, it does:
>All Catholics in and of the Diocese of Lincoln are forbidden to be members of the organizations and groups listed below [...] Freemasons [...] Any Catholics in and of the Diocese of Lincoln who attain or retain membership in any of the above listed organizations or groups after April 15, 1996, are by that very fact (ipso facto LATAE SENTENTIAE) under interdict and are absolutely forbidden to receive Holy Communion. Contumacious persistence in such membership for one month following the interdict on part of any such Catholics will by that very fact (ipso facto latae sententiae) cause them to be EXCOMMUNICATED.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/BISHOPS/BRUSKWTZ.HTM

Absolutely nothing has changed in respect to the Church's position on Freemasonry.

>Probably why there hasn't been a case of it for something like a century (as far as I know).
No, the reason is because latae sententiae excommunication does not require any formal declaration. That's what "latae sententiae" means.
>>
>>71388578
Then I would probably have access to the knowledge I desire through them rather than paying the university to learn their version....

How do you access the information also? Do they teach it only if you grow a beard and a pouch underneath your stomach?

I'm not a social guy at all, which makes it hard for me to ask in the first place. I've also vandalized classical architecture while having a mental breakdown (I'm fine now...).

Do members see outsides such as myself with weird pasts with ulterior motive, because of the mysterious allure attached to a "secret" society?

Honestly, if I walked into the temple, told them I'm interested in planning, etc.. would they be receptive?

It's weird because I'm doing years of school, learning what I need to, to do what I want.. but not what I urge to learn... kind of like a empty spiritual void. I just worry about running into drunk old men who could care less. I'm sure it's not so black and white, as with most things.
>>
32 Degree in Arkansas
>>
it could be argued that masonry is full of 4chan type autist.
>>
>>71388624
It also says pay your dues to Israel. Because we all know it's the original pyramid scheme.
>>
>>71389404
>It's not some Protestant sect where you get to choose which doctrines you're going to follow
It's also not a Tyranid hive-mind where everybody is in perfect agreement. Has nothing in the Catholic church changed at all since the Schism?
>If you are a Catholic and a Freemason, you are excommunicated.
Not formally without due process.
>if they should die before they repent there is only one destination for them.
Well that's up for debate, given what an important person in the Bible says regarding forgiveness. Plus, in regards to Freemasonry, that's clearly just a political and opinion matter.
>Frank Woods
Little, i think. It was about ten years ago. His picture is up in their GL building, which is rare for a non Grand Master or English monarch.

>>71389458
>Then I would probably have access to the knowledge I desire through them rather than paying the university to learn their version....
Yes and no. I imagine it'd be different stuff available to you. Let's just say the uni would be more... academic.
>How do you access the information also?
That's up to the individual. We're given ceremonial/ritual books which are like base line stuff to kickstart our own thought process. Then we go forth and learn to bring back knowledge.
>Do members see outsides such as myself with weird pasts with ulterior motive
Depends on who you talk to. I'd say no, but you might get someone who has had a shitty day.
>Honestly, if I walked into the temple, told them I'm interested in planning, etc.. would they be receptive?
Yea, should be. Would be way more welcome that the guys who are just there for the charity crap.
>>
The only ones bragging are from Ohio, Texas, north dakota, and Nebraska. This shit is so last week it's not even funny. They are dying off. Good riddens.
>>
Apparently my grandfather was a freemason. What did they actually do? My family says it was just some gentleman's club thing, where they'd drink and ogle whores. Not exactly illuminati, I guess
>>
>>71390007
>It's also not a Tyranid hive-mind where everybody is in perfect agreement.
As I've already said, it doesn't matter whether a person agrees or not. Just like if a woman "disagrees" with the Church teaching on abortion and goes out and procures one for herself, she still incurs excommunication latae sententiae (automatically, by virtue of her sin). I'll give you a secular equivalent because it seems to me you have no idea what the Catholic faith is or how it works: if a man "disagrees" with the classification of murder as illegal and goes out and commits murder, he is not excused on the basis of his disagreement with the law and WILL be subject to criminal prosecution.\

>Has nothing in the Catholic church changed at all since the Schism?
Many things of changed in the Code of Canon Law. But the law regarding Freemasonry and the teaching that it is wholly irreconcilable with the faith are very much unchanged. When the day comes (BTW, it won't) that the law and teaching changes, then this will be a different discussion.

>Not formally without due process.
Yes, as I've said, that's what latae sententiae means. The Church is not a democracy and it's not some secularist legal authority. "Due process" doesn't exist.

>Well that's up for debate
No, it's not. It's a grave sin, and if it possesses the three conditions it is a mortal sin, which means you go to hell unless the excommunication is lifted and you are absolved of the sin.

>Plus, in regards to Freemasonry, that's clearly just a political and opinion matter.
No, it's not. It's the teaching of the Church, direct from the Roman Curia. You keep saying this sort of thing like this is just my own view on Freemasonry. This is the Church's official position.

>Little
Abp. Little was not a Freemason. Feel free to look it up yourself. Either you are woefully mistaken or whoever hung his picture up at the lodge you're referring to has some sense of humour.
>>
>>71390649
Still paying those dues up the latter to those they don't even know exist.
>>
>>71390007
Thank you for taking the time for answering all my questions, it's much appreciated.

I'll be sure and drop by the temple eventually. Definitely sounds interesting.
>>
I see a lot of older black guys wearing mason signet rings and shirts, also a lot of cheap crossover SUVs with mason shit all over them. do chapters let just anyone in these days or what?
>>
I'm an atheist, but I'm thinking about joining a lodge for business networking and charitable contribution to the local community. I'd have to lie, I guess.
>>
>>71389946
>It also says pay your dues to Israel.
Source?

>>71390426
Are you kidding? Ohio is growing like crazy, but for way better reasons than Pennsylvania.
Plus, people see return to sustainable numbers as dying, which is wrong.

>>71390799
>Just like if a woman "disagrees" with the Church teaching on abortion and goes out and procures one for herself, she still incurs excommunication latae sententiae
My point was that such things don't stop them being Catholic. Hell, it's only because they're Catholic that such things can happen to them.
>It's a grave sin
Only according to the political opinion of a few men. There's nothing about it in the Bible.
>You keep saying this sort of thing like this is just my own view on Freemasonry.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. I meant that their view is based on political motives, as they don't really have evidence to support it from Biblical theology, or Masonic evidence.
>Either you are woefully mistaken or whoever hung his picture up at the lodge you're referring to has some sense of humour.
They did a good job of getting everyone in on the joke, then. And did a good job of photoshopping him into his regalia at events, as well as attaching his name and signature to speeches.

>>71391290
Nor worries. Hope you find what you're looking for.

>>71391465
Prince Hall Masonry is for black guys, since they were historically not allowed to join real lodges. Now it's just self segregation.

>>71391600
Heh, i look forward to seeing your post about how "Freemasons are shit and i didn't get any connexions out of it so it should die."
>>
File: bible pepe.jpg (4 KB, 99x125) Image search: [Google]
bible pepe.jpg
4 KB, 99x125
I'm so happy to seee you all here.

It's gunna be a fun ride when we no longer hide
>>
File: aurelius quote.jpg (65 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
aurelius quote.jpg
65 KB, 850x400
>>
>>71391712
>My point was that such things don't stop them being Catholic.
It stops them from receiving the sacraments, which is the absolute core of being a Catholic. Worse, it prevents them from receiving salvation. Even if their membership in Freemasonry is not itself a mortal sin - that is to say, it does not meet the three conditions which constitute a mortal sin - they cannot receive valid absolution offered by the sacrament of reconciliation due to their excommunication. This is to say that they are "Catholics" in a nominal sense only.

>Only according to the political opinion of a few men.
Why do you keep saying this? It is Church doctrine, carrying the full Apostolic Authority first vested in St. Peter by Jesus Christ himself.

>There's nothing about it in the Bible.
We're not Protestants, as I've already told you. Catholics reject sola scriptura.

> I meant that their view is based on political motives
Not only do I believe this is false (and demonstrably so based on the writings of Leo XIII in Humanum Genus), but even if it were true this doesn't make the sin of Freemasonic association any less grave and it certainly doesn't excuse those who hold such associations.

>They did a good job of getting everyone in on the joke, then.
I can only take your word on it, but I assure you that Abp. Little was not a Freemason.
>>
>>71391712
I literally followed that part with wanting to provide charity, so I'm not exactly in it solely for personal gain. I'd be interested in socializing with people who are actually interested in being productive members of society and give back to the community. I come from poor white trash and this has a lot of appeal to me, for obvious reasons.
>>
File: Raistiln Hour glass eyes.jpg (177 KB, 900x663) Image search: [Google]
Raistiln Hour glass eyes.jpg
177 KB, 900x663
I'm the most powerful warlock there is..
>>
>>71379468
I use to be a member of scientology. Life was harsh, I was just a slave doing nothing but cleaning and fixing shit and only getting 6 hours of sleep a day.
>>
>>71392299
>Worse, it prevents them from receiving salvation
Says Christ?
>It stops them from receiving the sacraments
Hasn't stopped many, then. Hell, it didn't stop me, and I'm not even Catholic. Tried to stop it, but the line was packed tight.
>Catholics reject sola scriptura.
It's not even Sola. It's just making things up for their own selfish ends.
>Why do you keep saying this?
Because church policy can change. And is it really the infallible words of Christ to make a political decision like that, contrary to His other words?
>Not only do I believe this is false
Then you haven't actually investigated it.
>I can only take your word on it
If you ever get the chance, Commonwealth brother, to head to the shithole that is Melbourne, hit up the GL building. I regret not taking photos now.

>>71392324
Fair enough, and i apologise. But if you have to lie to get in about the core of the institution (faith), you're really not going to enjoy it.
>>
File: Hiram.jpg (1 MB, 1712x2560) Image search: [Google]
Hiram.jpg
1 MB, 1712x2560
Is there no help for the widows son?
>>
At an unconscious level, your brain takes pleasure in inflicting misery upon itself.

Without this tendency, we would falter in the face of great strife.

Everything you do in life is the fulfillment of the reason you exist, to bring harmony to the universe by neutralizing the inherent imbalance in it.

On a spiritual level it sounds magical.

On an objective, physical level, you're just a facilitator in the transfer of heat from warm objects to cooler ones.
>>
>>71379468
A guy I live near has a license plate with that on it.
>>
>>71379468
I'm a mason.

I'm actually the HP for YR Chapter this year and I went through SR up to 32 degree and haven't really been active in there.
>>
File: The frog god kek.jpg (6 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
The frog god kek.jpg
6 KB, 250x191
>>71393707

Kek bless you my child..welcome to the true house of light and knowledge
>>
>>71393020
>Says Christ?
Yes, in fact. Jesus Christ conferred upon the Apostles, and none more so than St. Peter, the authority to teach in his name. This authority has since been passed down to the present Church through Apostolic Succession.

>Hasn't stopped many, then.
They can by all means "go through the motions" but the sacraments are implicitly invalid because of their excommunication. This means no unity with Christ in the Holy Eucharist, no absolution of sins, no marriage, and no anointing of the sick. All of their sins are retained, whether related or unrelated to their association with Freemasonry, are retained, and any who die with the stain of mortal sin upon their soul are condemned to perdition.

>It's not even Sola. It's just making things up for their own selfish ends.
That was the implication you were making. "It's not in the Bible" means nothing to Catholics because we reject sola scriptura. You can claim that it's "just politics" and "selfish" all you like, but Pope Leo XIII made his case against Freemasonry in Humanum Genus and subsequent Magisterial documents have only reaffirmed that position. Freemasonry is irreconcilable with the Catholic faith, and this is why it is condemned by the Church.

>Because church policy can change.
Church doctrine on Freemasonry has never changed.
>>
>>71394149
>And is it really the infallible words of Christ to make a political decision like that, contrary to His other words?
You're the one who says the decision is political. I suggest you read Humanum Genus. There's very little political about the Church's teaching on Freemasonry.

Even if it were political, condemning a political ideology which is intrinsically antithetical to Catholicism is not contrary to Christ's teachings at all. The Church also condemns socialism for its atheism and materialism - that socialism possesses or manifests a political character is incidental to the fact that its core principals are anti-Christian. The same is true of Freemasonry according to the Church.

>Then you haven't actually investigated it.
Rather, it sounds to me you that haven't investigated it. I think it's clear that you've not read Humanum Genus, which is the basis for Church teaching on Freemasonry. And given your curious views about Freemasonry being reconcilable with Catholicism by virtue of the fact that some Catholics either flagrantly cast aside Church teaching or are utterly ignorant of our doctrine in their associations with this organisation, I think it's also safe to say you know little about Catholicism.
>>
I have been looking into Masonry, and while I still respect the order, and may eventually seek out membership. There are a few new developments that I find very disappointing.

Mixed gender lodges are unacceptable. Masonry is a craft developed for the advancement of men and men only. For only males can be truly aware, only we can truly understand. If you're so desperate for membership that you have to start admitting women you might as well shut your doors.

I've also read that Masonry has relaxed it's position on admitting atheists. This is completely and totally unacceptable. It actually leaves me heartbroken to see that some lodges would abandon their sacred creed.

What cause you to go so terrible astray?
>>
>>71379546
Ah the hipster rite
>>
File: Flower of Life.gif (405 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Flower of Life.gif
405 KB, 1500x1500
>>71379468
>10th degree
Can you see the Khaibit man
>>
>>71379468
California f&am, former Scottish Rite (blood politics) and senior demolay. Deus Vult!
>>
>>71381353
>filename
>lel
>wait, no. I'm Scared
>>
>>71394196
I don't think that there are any Jurisdictions in the US that allow women to join. Women might come to dinners but they aren't made into Masons.

There's no test to see if someone is an atheist in Nevada. That being said it's part of your obligation to never knowingly allow an atheist to join. Again not sure about the other states.
>>
>>71393707
Do you guys have chair degrees for HRA? Like, we have three presiding officers, each with their own mini-degree. Is it the same for HP and... HK?

>>71394149
>to teach in his name.
So no? Nothing about it in particular?
>"It's not in the Bible" means nothing to Catholics because we reject sola scriptura.
Always found that dodgy. Not even as a lazy Protestant thing, but the rejection of it means they really can go nuts. I guess that's how indulgences came about.
>but Pope Leo XIII made his case against Freemasonry in Humanum Genus
Doesn't make it true, though. He made A case, but didn't back it with truth. He only enforced a political opinion out of fear.
>Freemasonry is irreconcilable with the Catholic faith
No, it's just not approved at the moment.
>Church doctrine on Freemasonry has never changed.
But it can.

>>71394196
>Mixed gender lodges are unacceptable.
Agreed. Only fake lodges do that.
>I've also read that Masonry has relaxed it's position on admitting atheists.
Again, only fake lodges.
Legit Freemasonry does neither of those.
>>
File: pope pepe.jpg (57 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
pope pepe.jpg
57 KB, 500x333
>>71394413
Kek bless you, brother. welcome to the true house of light and knowledge.

*hands you doritos and mt.dew*
>>
>>71394345
>Scottish Rite or Death
>>
>>71394508
>I don't think that there are any Jurisdictions in the US that allow women to join.

Sadly there are. Of course, they're in California, so maybe that alone says something.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate the reassurance.
>>
>>71394508
>to never knowingly allow
Had to stifle quite a chuckle the first time i attended an American 3rd and heard them say that about eunuchs. Would not want to be the JW who has to check that...

>>71394547
You must be thinking of La Droit Humain, which is pretend Masonry. Or GOdF.
>>
Just watched "Eyes Wide Shut". What the fuck, that movie is crazy shitm
>>
>>71394196
The requirement is to believe in a "supreme being". It's never actually looked into so I suppose if you lied about believing in something like that you could be an atheist Freemason.
>>
>>71394513
>Do you guys have chair degrees for HRA? Like, we have three presiding officers, each with their own mini-degree. Is it the same for HP and... HK?

No. You work through the chairs in a similar fashion to blue lodge.
>>
>>71394547
>Sadly there are. Of course, they're in California, so maybe that alone says something.

I still don't think that they are regular lodges.

There are real lodges and other shit spinoff lodges.

We had a guy show up who wanted to attend a meeting one time who was from a lodge near LA that wasn't "regular" and they had all sorts of wierd crap going on. Had to show him the door.
>>
File: close up smug pepe.jpg (9 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
close up smug pepe.jpg
9 KB, 250x225
>>71394639
Not kek, he was born with the knowledge.

he's a special snowflake
>>
>>71394639
Fair enough. That does explain the couple of honourific degrees branching off, though.
Then again, our English/Scottish HRA degrees are very different to your Irish derived one.
>>
>>71385833
I know precisely which level you speak of. I was placed in charge of that level on my 33rd birthday. You aren't even supposed to know I exist.
>>
>>71394537
Thank you el pepe
>>
>>71379468
My initiation is tomm. I'm excited.
>>
>>71394768
I'm relatively young, but after the kids move away I'd love to travel and see how other places operate. We've had a few people from around the globe visit our Blue Lodge and they all had some interesting comparisons on how we do stuff compared to how they do it.
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (56 KB, 530x311) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
56 KB, 530x311
>>71394867
you're welcome brother. desu
>>
>>71394513
>So no? Nothing about it in particular?
Meaning: yes. That authority that Christ gave to St. Peter persists in the office of the Bishop of Rome, the Pope.

But if you mean to ask whether or not the question of mortal sin and salvation are in Sacred Scripture, then yes. Both are, and both substantiate the teaching that any sins not forgiven are retained upon death.

>Not even as a lazy Protestant thing, but the rejection of it means they really can go nuts.
But the Church hasn't "gone nuts". The Deposit of Faith is constituted by Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition, the former being interpreted in the light of the latter and its authentic meaning revealed by the Church with the authority first vested in it by Jesus Christ. You can reject this if you like, but it still does not change the bottom line: the Church's teaching on Freemasonry is that it is fundamentally anti-Christian and totally irreconcilable with the faith, and that any Catholic who is a Freemason is excommunicated.

>Doesn't make it true, though.
By all means, I would be interested in reading your refutation of Humanum Genus and Custodi di quella Fide. Let us hear the truth, as you claim to have it.

>No, it's just not approved at the moment.
Nor will it be. That is the law. One could also make the argument that murder might be legal a century from now, but that still doesn't mean you can commit murder today.

>But it can.
But it won't.
>>
>>71394944
Congratulations. Hopefully you had your tetanus shot and you don't have any allergies to livestock.
>>
>>71386388
Clandestine lodge detected
>>
>>71379468
They gave me an award when I was in 8th grade. Does that count?
>>
>>71379468
freemasons are scum
>>
File: aphrobite.jpg (7 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
aphrobite.jpg
7 KB, 188x188
anyone masons from Washington here?
>>
File: Elements.png (81 KB, 359x381) Image search: [Google]
Elements.png
81 KB, 359x381
>>71395067
no my friend, im something different.
>>
>>71395041
Yeah I heard all that stuff lol also something about a coffin and how the date I'm doing it is important
>>
>>71395176
Care to elaborate?
>>
Recently initiated, but left afterward. Gave me awful bad vibes for some reason. AMA
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (74 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
74 KB, 499x499
>>71395234
I dont belong to a lodge, kek
>>
>>71395176
a faggot?
>>
>>71395275
Kek good job aussie
>>
File: dodo.gif (910 KB, 284x200) Image search: [Google]
dodo.gif
910 KB, 284x200
>>71395275
just insane, lad
>>
>>71395252
What was wierd?
>>
File: towers kabala.jpg (12 KB, 300x195) Image search: [Google]
towers kabala.jpg
12 KB, 300x195
I'm just a huge fan of The masons and jews work

brilliant *golf claps*

secrets safe with me *wink*
>>
>>71395354
I didn't think any of it was weird, but the way everything lingered for the month after(thoughts and anxiety), it was extreme.

My subconscious made it a bigger deal than it needed to be.
>>
>>71394946
It's pretty eye opening. And I found they filled in quite a few gaps. Hell, if you even get the chance to hit up Canada, they work Emulation in a number of places.

>>71395011
>Meaning: yes.
Still no. Unless by extension, Indulgences and the like were encouraged by Christ.
>But the Church hasn't "gone nuts"
They could, though. As their own policing body.
>But it won't.
Pope Francis has been pretty liberal, though. Never say never.
>Humanum Genus
First of all, it claims that Masonry is planning the destruction of the Church. No evidence of such. Hell, most all Masons at the time were actually devout Catholics, and Masonry has always encouraged men to be true and dutiful their faith. It also gets the obligations wrong about promises not to divulge secrets. Then there's the crap about indfference, which is wrong. Based on a misunderstanding, possibly intentional. Same with that stuff about equality. When Masonry refers to genuine equality, that everyone be judged on their unique merits.
>Custodi di quella Fide
Pretty much the same stuff. The Catholic Church just pretends to be under attack by those who would support it.
>>
>>71395611
tell me more about it
>>
>>71395683
About what specifically?
>>
File: katy-show3-450x600.jpg (218 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
katy-show3-450x600.jpg
218 KB, 450x600
she must have the best tits in masonic history, am i right?
>>
>>71394833
cuck
I'm the guy in control of all- [DATA EXPUNGED]
>>
File: ultimate smug pepe.png (232 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
ultimate smug pepe.png
232 KB, 619x406
>>71395734
your fucked now, man...kek
>>
>>71379468

What do the masons in here think about aleister crowley and thelema? Are his teaching similar to the teachings in FM?
>>
File: what.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>Joining Free Gaysons over based Opus Dei

Shame on you heretics. There are spooky secret clubs in the name of the Lord too, you know.
>>
>>71395870
Not a fan. Pretty antithical to Masonry, and Termites are frequently banned from membership, and universally banned from most of the side orders.
>>
File: ppclown.jpg (13 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
ppclown.jpg
13 KB, 226x223
>>71395940
i like the jesters... thats where id fit in
>>
>>71395011
I think you are getting trolled desu
>>
How many hermeticists and gnostics would you say are in the FM?
>>
File: muhring.jpg (6 KB, 192x168) Image search: [Google]
muhring.jpg
6 KB, 192x168
where can i get one of these?
>>
We just got a huge FM leak in france, over 2 gig of documents and book. I downloaded that shit by curiosity, will read some for the keks.

When you see all the terminology used, you realise they are trying hard on the spooky sect angle.
>>
>>71394833
>dubs

He might be telling the truth, guys.
>>
>>71396072
Probably. I should have guessed after I provided him the Curia's reaffirmation of Canon Law.
>>
>>71379734
Don't think anyone got the Clinton email reference
>>
>>71396045

How is it antithetical? What do you guys believe in contrast to Thelema? I'm honestly curious.
>>
>>71396474
I can't remember who said it but one author commented that Freemasonry, doctrinally, is essentially theosophy. So there is some tangible connection between Crowley's esoteric New Age mumbo jumbo (via Blavatsky) and Freemasonry.
>>
>>71396776

I believe OTO is structured the same way as freemasonry, just less degrees. But I noticed Crowley used some Egyptian mythology but also incorporated some Hindu teachings such as certain types of meditation and yoga. I need to do more research though....
>>
>>71396096
Not enough of the former, and not too many of the latter.

>>71396228
Not trolling. Just going from experience and legalese interpretations of said law.

>>71396474
Can't go full into it just now, but it has to do with their anarchical beliefs and lack of morals, or morals which don't fit in with the Christian morals which form the backbone of Freemasonry.
>>
>>71379740
kek
>>
>>71397392

>Can't go full into it just now, but it has to do with their anarchical beliefs and lack of morals, or morals which don't fit in with the Christian morals which form the backbone of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry accepts mostly anyone who simply believes in a god correct?

If freemasonry is just Christianity then why aren't you just a regular church? Why do freemasons keep knowledge from outsiders while carefully filtering who you let into the lodge?
>>
>>71398153
>Freemasonry accepts mostly anyone who simply believes in a god correct?
Correct.
>If freemasonry is just Christianity then why aren't you just a regular church?
Because it's not just Christianity. That would be for churches. Masonry is about the study of scientific and occult knowledge, but with Christian morality at the core. It's first and foremost a college of self improvement afer all, and it was made by Catholic men for Catholic men. They didn't need a second church, they needed somewhere to learn what the church didn't cover.
>Why do freemasons keep knowledge from outsiders while carefully filtering who you let into the lodge?
We don't really. Everything from our ceremonies comes from the Bible or popular recorded history. Other stuff we're meant to share outside the lodge, but people get overzealous with the secrecy part, which is simply based on trust. Not to mention the operative use as a quality assurance system.
>>
>>71398461

Thank you for taking the time to explain to me m8.

So about the scientific and occult knowledge, do you guys study hermeticsm? I feel dumb asking this because i know you guys don't like thelemites now, but is hermeticsm different from thelema? This is probably my last question due to the fact that i need to spend more time studying this.
>>
we good old boys just want to be square with you we dindu nuffin we just a fraternal organization that does charity

Now please join goy
>>
>>71398654
No worries dude.

And yes, but it depends on the place. I try and bring up hermetic topics in my lodge but a lot of the guys are too old or obstinate to care. We study anything which is brought forward and of which there is interest. That latter bit is the big hurdle. We have side degrees though, where more esoteric minded members get together specifically for that.
>>
>>71379468
You know, they kind of remind me of alcoholics/narcotics anonymous.

Fuckers can't help but tell you they're in it. Of course, unlike those addicts they then won't tell you anything about it. Annoying fucks.
>>
>>71398835

So basically Thelema is something like a bastardized version of Hermeticism ? Whenever I look up things on Hermeticism I always see Aleister Crowley being mentioned everywhere.
>>
File: BSA.gif (68 KB, 372x400) Image search: [Google]
BSA.gif
68 KB, 372x400
Eagle Scout FTW
>>
>>71381353
"Do what thought wilt shall be the whole of the law"

"Love is the law, love under will"

I was an edgy teenage once, too.
>>
Is There No Help For The Poor Widow's Son?
>>
>>71399331
I think they just glomped onto the term. Hermeticism is just like the precursor the the modern scientific method.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.