[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 20
File: cross.jpg (65 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
65 KB, 1280x1024
Hello fellow brothers and sisters of 4chan

Let's have a thread to discuss our beliefs and the current issues that face our faith
>>
>>71361961
eight ch dot net /christian/
>>
>>71362777
check'd
>>
File: jesus_christ_earth.jpg (100 KB, 720x463) Image search: [Google]
jesus_christ_earth.jpg
100 KB, 720x463
>>71361961

The biggest snag on my faith is gentiles who never had a chance to hear the gospel. Cavemen for instance. They were doomed from the start.

Do they go to hell, never having a chance to begin with?
>>
>>71363209
I don't know where it says it but I was taught that when Jesus died, the gospel was brought to the souls residing in Hades.
>>
File: migrations.jpg (47 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
migrations.jpg
47 KB, 500x295
>>71361961
Our biggest problem is that we don't know our identity, nor do our faith leaders want us to know our identity. I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL6IU1cu17c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTtcQMUq8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZPQzaa0kE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Vjv-eEUTw

http://www.christianidentityministries.com/witt/Fall_Rise_Abrahams_Kin.pdf

http://www.christianidentityministries.com/kennedy/Biblical_Economics.pdf

Before you mock with the we wuz kangs autism, just check it out.
>>
>>71361961
Trump is the second coming
I like jesus but he is NOT the Maker
It triggers me when christians say that
>>
File: 1451171019760.jpg (76 KB, 776x864) Image search: [Google]
1451171019760.jpg
76 KB, 776x864
>>
>>71361961
Take your bullshit to >>>/x/ where it belongs.
>>
File: boniface.jpg (14 KB, 166x266) Image search: [Google]
boniface.jpg
14 KB, 166x266
I have had a lot of scattered thoughts and questions about Catholicism ever since I traveled to Rome. How do Catholics reconcile some of the truly dark ages in their church's history. If they believe that they are the one true church, with infallible doctrine that exists outside of the gospels, how do you deal with the fact that the church was grossly led astray for centuries? Did God abandon the Church? Pic related.
>>
>>71365361
THIS
>>
>>71365361
>>71366010

>implying the religion isn't the most powerful political force in society
>implying christianity isn't the only civilizated religion
>implying atheism isn't the source of all degeneracy
>>
>>71365802

There is a building and then there is the Church.

What is greater than a stone temple?

In what do we as believers abide in?

Christ is infallable; men are not.
>>
>>71366361
I agree with this, but what are you trying to say? Are you defending the church?
>>
>>71365802
>How do Catholics reconcile some of the truly dark ages in their church's history
Regular men serve Christ's Church, just like regular men constituted his disciples. To ask why there is evil in the Church is to ask why there is evil in the world: we are fallen, and will always fall short of the glory of God. The Church exists for sinners, for as Christ said these are the people that he came for. And if we are to say that the Church is defined by her dark moments, are the Apostles likewise defined by Judas?

>If they believe that they are the one true church, with infallible doctrine that exists outside of the gospels, how do you deal with the fact that the church was grossly led astray for centuries?
Doctrine is not always necessarily infallible, dogma is. All dogma is doctrine, but not all doctrine is dogma, and there is room for discussion, debate, and even repeal of doctrine.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "led astray". There have been many crises in the Church. There is one right now. Christ implicitly assured us that there would be, but that the Church would ultimately be protected from the designs of the diabolical forces and the wicked men that either intentionally or unintentionally serve those forces. So, no, God did not abandon us; God is immutable, not fickle and arbitrary.
>>
>>140344187

>209+1807
>falling for the religion meme
>>
>>71367099
I'm moreso curious why you believe so strongly in the institution of the Roman Catholic church.

As for led astray, I mean things like
>the inquisition
>the crusades
>monetary indulgences
>electing degenerates as popes

these weren't crises so much as top-down reversals of everything Christ preached
>>
File: 1460259675104.png (342 KB, 482x552) Image search: [Google]
1460259675104.png
342 KB, 482x552
>>71361961
>>
>>71367969
For the same reason I believe in God. It is a matter of faith.

>Inquisition
By this I assume you mean the Spanish Inquisition. The converso problem has a long history, beginning with the discovery of the Talmud in 1239 by Pope Gregory IX, after which the conversion of the Jews, Moors, and heretics became a primary focus of the Church. The Inquisition itself was positive, as it sought and succeeded in saving thousands of souls; whole Jewish communities converted not through coercion but because, in the wake of the Disputation of Paris, they saw that their rabbis could not adequately defend the doctrines of their own faith against those of the Catholic Church. They became sincere Catholics and were saved. This is the entire purpose of the Church: preach the Gospel and lead men to salvation.

The Inquisitions, even the Spanish Inquisition, were incredibly lenient. To begin, not a single clergyman killed a single person charged with any crime. In any instance where a person was charged with a crime by the inquisitors, they were handed over to the secular authorities and, in some cases, put to death in accordance with secular, not Canon, law. The overwhelming majority of people charged with the crime of heresy had their sentences commuted, usually resulting in a required penance and having to wear a badge of shame (i.e. the Cathar yellow cross).

>the crusades
Which crusades?

In any case, while the military orders certainly grew out of the Latin monastic tradition and, at least initially, had the advocacy of men like St Bernard, the orders were not constituted by clergymen (apart from chaplains) and whenever these orders grew allegedly carnal they either ceased to have the support of the Church or were regarded with a critical eye.

>monetary indulgences
There is absolutely nothing wrong with indulgences. What is wrong is the abuse of indulgences, and the endless myths about what indulgences actually are and the purpose they serve.
>>
>>71361961
>sisters
There are no girls on 4chan.
>>
>>71369482
>electing degenerates as popes
Such as?

In any case, we hold the Holy Spirit ensures that the Church will survive fundamental corruption at the hands of a corrupt Magisterium and that the Holy Spirit guides the College of Cardinals during a conclave. This is not to say that the Holy Spirit effectively chooses the pope, nor is it to say that the cardinals are obligated in obeying the guidance of the Holy Spirit, but that whoever the cardinals wind up choosing will not bind the Church to doctrinal error while he occupies the Cathedra Petri. We have existed for 2,000 years now, with many carnal and outright insane popes in our wake, and not one has committed our Church to heresy.
>>
File: fuck off op.jpg (242 KB, 980x968) Image search: [Google]
fuck off op.jpg
242 KB, 980x968
>>71361961

>>>/b/
>>
File: inequality.png (42 KB, 640x281) Image search: [Google]
inequality.png
42 KB, 640x281
>>71368921
>>
>>71371082
let the dead bury the dead
>>
>>71365802
A handful of witches in Salem and the inquisition? The crusades where in self defense! How does that compare to what thiests and their left leaning Marxist ideologies have done to the world?

And the thing with the child molesters came at a time when people where pushing the gay agenda. The LGBT crowd tried lowering the age of concent. Around 75% of pedophiles are homosexuals. If people didn't like it... then they shouldn't have tried forcing the church to be more "progressive" around faggots.
>>
>>71361961
Who here /baptized/? 24 and still not baptized. Feels weird during хлeбo-пpeлoмлeниe.
>>
>>71371279
>The crusades where in self defense!
Christ would still condemn them. Why would you fight in self-defense and think he would accept it when he did not do it and his close followers didn't either?
>>
>>71366341
Not anymore in western society thats sjw and feminist or the government.
>>
>>71372663
Personal pacifism is recognised as honourable by the Church. Doing nothing while innocents are killed is not, for the same reason that doing nothing while your family is being murdered is not. The military orders were initially formed to protect pilgrims and to provide medical care for the sick and diseased in the Holy Land. That was their apostolate, and that was when they had the approval of the Church. When this ceased to be the case (i.e. the Teutonic Order's conflict with Catholic Poland), then the Church ceased to approve of their activities.

Also, the military orders were not, contrary to what is often claimed, the "military arm" of the Church. They were made up of laymen who took vows similar to those of the monastic orders, but were never given the status of consecrated religious or clergy. Whatever crimes the military orders are alleged to have committed are no more a reflection of the Church than a Catholic who robs a bank is.
>>
>>71373278
>Doing nothing while innocents are killed is not
Why would you won't to prevent someone having a chance at martyrdom? It is good when people are killed for the faith, being a martyr is a very holy way to go.
>>
>>71371279

>Around 75% of pedophiles are homosexuals

so fathers raping their daughters isn't pedophilia? because that VASTLY outweighs the street walkers that snatch kids at playgrounds.
>>
File: boatkids.jpg (214 KB, 450x390) Image search: [Google]
boatkids.jpg
214 KB, 450x390
Daily reminder we are ONE RACE IN CHRIST
>>
File: 1442198777323.gif (1 MB, 702x886) Image search: [Google]
1442198777323.gif
1 MB, 702x886
>>71368921
>>
File: 1443521468138.jpg (182 KB, 1599x1148) Image search: [Google]
1443521468138.jpg
182 KB, 1599x1148
>>71374165
>>
File: 1441156846779.png (483 KB, 1546x1118) Image search: [Google]
1441156846779.png
483 KB, 1546x1118
>>71374129
That's true JIDF. But that doesn't mean you should genetically engineer our societies because you hate white people.
>>
File: 1442671532106.jpg (90 KB, 633x950) Image search: [Google]
1442671532106.jpg
90 KB, 633x950
>>71374207
>>
>>71361961
Kill the pope.
>>
File: 1443521987791.jpg (88 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1443521987791.jpg
88 KB, 600x900
>>71374387
>>
File: 1442005221917.png (2 MB, 1280x859) Image search: [Google]
1442005221917.png
2 MB, 1280x859
>>71374447
>>
>>71365361
>>71366010
>most attacked religion on the planet
>getting sued for not denying their faith
>"not political"
what? is it hogging your bandwidth? would you rather see a trump general for the upteenth time? or another "poll btfo" thread?

there are no legitimate arguments against following Jesus Christ only denial of responsibility
>>
>>71373639
1) A person who is a Christian and who happens to be murdered is not a martyr. A person who is a Christian and is killed because they are a Christian is a martyr.

2) We don't believe that life is evil, but sacred. Human beings possess an intrinsic dignity for having been made in God's image, for the Incarnation, and for being temples of the Holy Spirit. Thus, if an innocent person is at risk of being murdered, it is the duty of all faithful Catholics to prevent that murder, doubly so if they are unwilling to be murdered (which is 99% of people).

3) It is not good that people should be killed, whether for their faith or their nation or whatever else. It is a reality of the fallen world in which we live, but it is not "good" and it is not a cause for celebration, only mourning. Certainly we can admire the devotion of the martyrs, and praise God that he has, through their blood, brought about good from evil, but if you celebrate their deaths then I question your sanity and your humanity.
>>
>current issues
is there anything that can be done to stop(reverse) islam from invading the west? im feeling like the sword is the only way to fight back, but the west doesnt have a single collective spine among its leaders. wat do?
>>
>>71366341
>only civilized religion
Science/Naturalism is another, though it's more of a destructive force as well.

It irks me when people only see Christianity as a religion and not as the huge cultural force. Glad to see your post.
>>
>>71365361
How's life in brooklyn, Chaim?
>>
>>71374729
science isnt a religion
>>
>>71371279
To be fair, and I can understand why they do it, not allowing priests to marry is a fucking stupid idea. Apart from anything, it literally breeds them out as a class.
>>
>>71361961
You autists are the cringiest religion ever. Get off my website.
>>
I like Catholicism, most are red pilled about the degenerates and mudslides
> no reason not to follow Jesus

Except for the pseudonymous epistles of Paul calling into question about what Jesus really said/did. Only autsitic pol-tards try the
> Hurrrrrr, kike Jesus never existed!1!

But there is substantial, and significant disagreements about what Jesus said/did/meant. Churches are basically echo chambers/circle jerking about why your sect is best sect
>>
>>71370202
Boniface VIII, Stephen VI, John XII, Leo X, Urban VI, Benedict IX, Sergius III, Alexander VI, Clement VI, among others.

Among that crowd you've got papacy merchants, fornicators, murderers, torturers, and a guy who dug up the previous pope to stand trial.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>71374832
Specifically, naturalism is a polytheistic religion. It takes forces of nature and assigns them a mythos to explain their movement and design. (Inb4, science doesn't do this, again, naturalism does.) They even use the names of ancient gods in their mythos.

A religion is a set of beliefs believed on faith that explains existence. Science believes, on faith:
>humans can reach truth based on their own understanding
>persecutes or abandons those who fail to follow church doctrine
>has a specialized set of saints or revered men
>ascribes narratives to explain man's origins
>has it's own code of ethics
>has it's own priesthood
>will submit to societal forces or pressures (all races are the same; global warming/ozone layer, etc)
>bases it's foundations on faith more so than knowledge (dark matter, dark energy, the big bang, natural selection, etc)

Even if you disagree I hope you can see there's a valid basis for the claim. Google will supply you with plenty of more reading.
>>
File: thumb-50.jpg (21 KB, 620x260) Image search: [Google]
thumb-50.jpg
21 KB, 620x260
>>71361961
>>
>>71375886
scientist believe what is repeatably testable.
delightful ideas and hopes for humanity with no basis in does not make science a religion
>>
>>71365802
If a military unit has a incompetent commander, the answer isn't to swear off the idea of hierarchical authority and have each individual soldier personally interpret military tactics
>>
>>71376936
*with no basis in fact
>>
>>71375232
>my website

What a strange thing to post on a Christian board like /pol/.
>>
>>71372663
Christ told Roman soldiers not to extort or abuse civilians. He never told them to quit the army.

>Then some soldiers asked him, "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely--be content with your pay." (Luke 3:14)
>>
>>71376978
no, but you should reconsider putting so much trust in a commander next time
>>
I've got a question for you fellas

I've read the Old Testament, or at least parts of it.
It's full of a bunch of barbaric shit, and talks mainly about a small collection of ancient Jewish leadership, Jewish law, and Jewish teachings from the old world.

Why do Christians keep this in their faith? Supposedly it's been rejected and superseded by the New Testament anyway, so why keep carrying around this nonsense stuff that relates solely and specifically to Jews? Isn't this super cucked?
>>
What's the point of prayers? Doesn't God know everything? Doesn't he have an absolute plan for everything? Why are puny humans trying to change the mind of an omnipotent creator that they can't even comprehend?

Why does evil need to exist?

Why does God 'test' people if he knows the outcome?

Why does Hell exist if God is infinitely merciful and loving?

Why are we, humans, created in His image, so imperfect and fragile, to the point at which viruses and plagues decimated our civilisations numerous times?

What happens to people who have no knowledge of christianity, like desolate tribes living deep in amazon rainforests? Do they go to heaven or hell, or maybe purgatory?

this religion has more plotholes than you can imagine, and is literally harmful
t. former altar boy (6+ years) who actually was on his way to becoming a priest but started doubting things after studying them and dropped out halfway through
>>
>>71377553
I don't personally care for it much, but it is extremely important to understanding the new Testament, which makes reference to it on multiple occasions. It also teaches many valuable lessons and morals.
>>
>>71377553

>Isn't this super cucked?

yes, but all the abrahamic religions rip off or cuck each other.
>>
YOU LIVE IN A HOLOGRAM. THERE IS NO GOD. ARCHONS AND DEMIGOGUES. THEY DO NOT SHARE POWER.
>>
>>71377858

Sounds more like you realized the bible is just a book of man, like all of them.

Doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing, but you have to realize that.

It is full of hypocrisies, boasts, etc. Just as people are, good and bad can exist in all.
>>
File: nachtfaden.jpg (126 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
nachtfaden.jpg
126 KB, 960x960
>>71361961
I believe in Austria!
>>
>>71375002
They are married to the church, can't have a spouse getting in the way of service to the Lord regardless of clerical positron. The church needs to push people into thinking about religious orders as a valid life choice and people will heed the call to the priesthood.
>>
>>71377553
See >>71364437

Churches preaching universalism and a "new covenant" with everybody in the world are the true errors. You must see the entire Bible, as being for God's Covenant People alone, and look at the promises given to the tribes of Israel and who has fulfilled them. They are not the people known as "Jews" today. You know it in your heart if you look into it.
>>
>>71380008

>can't have a spouse getting in the way of service to the Lord regardless of clerical positron

I never understood that. Sure you can.

Are on call surgeons banned from having spouses?

That's why the churches/religions are stuck where they are, their heads aren't allowed to actually have lives.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.