[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do u think about university? i fell for the stem meme and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1453244431071.jpg (15 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
1453244431071.jpg
15 KB, 640x407
what do u think about university?

i fell for the stem meme and now im in deep shit.
share ur stories polbras
>>
>>71321654
Who's that cute fuccboii?

no homo
>>
File: 1436160994749.jpg (186 KB, 1279x1722) Image search: [Google]
1436160994749.jpg
186 KB, 1279x1722
>>71321686

a supreme gentleman..
>>
>>71321654

i thought it was free in germany,

any way its often a scam,

here unis are a business the government has no interest in trying to regulate so that there are actual jobs for the degrees they sell, but the government is still willing to give them billions of dollars and loans. lazy fucking boomers (for whom uni was free)
>>
Also in STEM meme. Computer Engineering. Stick through it, OP. Studies are important. STEM doesn't have to deal with a lot of the leftist crap that other majors have though, so that's a plus.

I'll be doing a Calculus course over the summer, which might be hell but I have to get through it.

Hunker down, and get the math/physics/etc. done. Your wife and children will thank you for contributing to the future of Western civilization.
>>
>>71321654
Why are you in deep shit?
>>
>>71321756
Christ, if this dude couldn't get girls then what hope do I have?
>>
>>71322121
He could probably get girls, but hes a fucking psycho because of his fucked up childhood/family.
>>
>>71322121

girls don't want guys who look like male models desu, plus thats photoshopped
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 304x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 304x350
>>71322121
Blatant shoop, Anon.
>>
>>71322121
You do still have to approach girls and not act bizarre when you do to get girls. His problem what that he expected girls to come to him. I would go so far as to say that almost anyone approaching a girl -- if they act confident and maybe charming enough -- has a good chance, but they still have to approach them.
>tfw you never approach them
>>
>>71322121
He was "Cute" not a Chad
Only teenage girls would date him while most women prefer Hypermasculine Dudebros
>>
>>71321976

engineering hardly pays off.
wasted years torturing myself with this crap.
and now i feel too old to start something new.

and on top of that i probably cant even finish my msc .

should have gotten a trade instead.
>>
File: neilBlack.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
neilBlack.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>71321654
>failing for the third attemp on finishing university.
>comp scie major this time
>gonna lie on my resume say i have the degree
>gonna apply to Ford company

Just go ahead and kill me. Or the shame i brought to my family. They don't know yet :D

can'twakeup.jpg
>>
>>71321654
it was fucking miserable and they were cutting more hours and teachers every year, then I burned out, changed fields and it didn't workout, getting a labour job now, fuck schools
>>
>>71322584
He is still handsome though. Must have had some serious autism to never get a gf.
>>
File: 9.jpg (13 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
13 KB, 300x310
I have been averaging 2.0 GPA and have been in and out of academic probation since I started here at the University of Illinois-Chicago. I originally majored in Biochemistry but when I couldn't do that, I switched to Biological Sciences. The biology classes are easy enough but the organic chemistry shit hits me hard. Today I have a midterm in 12 hours that I have not studied for.

I think after high school I just sort of stopped caring about college. My grades are abysmal and I can't motivate myself to study. Last week the administration removed a class from the graduation requirements for my degree, a class I had to take 2 times and really struggled to get a C.

I never attended any kind of event or did anything special, never formed a study group and almost always studied by myself, alone in the library. And I can barely get a C in my higher level chemistry courses.

Nowadays my college is full of Asians, spics, dindus, arabs and hindus that all join together and study and cheat together, sometimes aided by the TAs who are almost always universally minorities. I have not had one white TA. I think it's a quota system they developed here.

All in all, I'm in my 4th year, I was supposed to graduate last year but I skipped a semester because of personal reasons, and I'm most likely going to get kicked out in a month because my grades are too low. I only need 20 of the 120 credit hours to graduate.

I'm moving to Florida in 1 month so it doesn't really matter if I pass or not. All in all I'd say the 4 years I went to college, probably the biggest waste of my life. I most likely will never finish my degree or maybe I just don't care.

Thank you if you read this post, I have been bottling this up for 4 years now and hiding my feelings about it to keep appearances with my family, who think school is the only thing I have left because I've never had a job. It feels good to let it out, even if it's on an anonymous neo-nazi imageboard on the internet.
>>
>not studying literature and philosophy like a true patrician
this is why the west is falling. we no longer instill core values through time honored texts and artwork. education and culture now exist in an ahistorical bubble. all modern attempt to teach history (read, social studies) have adopted the narrative of white guilt
>>
Was physics major, flunked out, now have associates in web design.
>>
>>71322929
You may not be successful but you seem interesting

:-)
>>
File: toothlessWhore.png (446 KB, 593x521) Image search: [Google]
toothlessWhore.png
446 KB, 593x521
>>71323186
are you me?
>>
>>71321654
Went to university knowing that I didn't really like the millions of reading id have to do, but went anyway thinking id end up liking it.

Hated it even more when I found out that there was literally no thinking involved with those modules, just regurgitating shitty thinkers.

Got even more depressed when I realised the logic module that I loved was always going to be a tiny portion of the entire course, and that the shit parts would be like 80%

left after the first year.

p.s. did philosophy, Nietzsche was right.
>>
>>71322923
we have the sames anon, I wasted 5 years to university engineering fields, but on the other hand I don't think I even wanna engineering job if you need concrete skills in physics n shit, but on the other hand I think the companies use simulators and calculation programs and not humans, so that I would've known

then I tried to learn programming and become IT engineer and learned coding is not for me
>>
>>71322929
>just b urself ;D
>>
I let the Navy pay for my college while pocketing $4k per semester from scholarship kickbacks, and after graduating and commissioning in 4 or so weeks, I head to Pensacola for flight school to become a pilot. So yeah, things turned out pretty well.
>>
>>71323072
he was also rich, I wonder if he ever drinked beer and realized you shouldn't take life so seriously
>>
Anyone here /polisci/ or /internationalrelations/?
>>
>>71323186
makes me sad that I tried like 3x to get into u of i chicago only to get rejected.

and i have a 3.5 gpa wtf administrators
>>
>>71323186
What are you doing in Florida
>>
>>71322121
He was narcissistic, entitled millennial. He thought just because he had all that shit like BMW, sunglasses, that girls would just flock to him and give there pussy up. He didn't want to actually try and get women. He is the face of our generation, thought everything in life was entitled to him
>>
>>71323359
RARE
A
R
E
>>
File: 1452808378694.png (270 KB, 326x612) Image search: [Google]
1452808378694.png
270 KB, 326x612
>decided to study compsci even though I was always shit at math

>barely getting by, have to learn every single hour of my free time

>still only below-mediocre

>still 2 years to go

>probably won't make it
>>
File: lockPicking.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lockPicking.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>71323294
bought lock picks and learnt lock pickin. Was gonna steal exam from offices. Learned how to pick locks. Didn't attempt to steal the exam.

No degree, but nothing stands between me and some locks. The future is bright
>>
If you're smarter than everyone else in your field, you'll be given a decent paycheck. If you're more driven that everyone else, you'll rise through the ranks through sheer willpower. If you're both, you'll become a C-level executive. If you're average, you'll scrape by. If you're below-average, you'll get fucked in the arse until you choose a different career.

University doesn't make you a better or even a more employable person. All it does is ensure you're capable of success, then give you a few years to network with other people who are as smart as you.
>>
>>71323503
You were probably white, or didn't do so well on the ACT. I only got in because I had a 33 on it. Regardless, count yourself lucky, you dodged a massive 4-year bullet. The place is a shithole.
>>
>>71323194
so what are you gonna do to get money? sell ass?
>>
>>71323534
mudblood too
>>
>>71323466
Only people I know who are poli sci majors are a couple girls that are voting for Bernie sanders and are working with his campaign in the city.

Take from that what you want.
>>
>>71323072
>handsome
>beady eyes
>wonky bulbous nose
>puffy retard lips
also didn't help that he was cripplingly narcissistic
he's an ugly fuck, you're a hapa too tho aren't you
>>
File: GetWokeStayWoke.webm (891 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GetWokeStayWoke.webm
891 KB, 1280x720
>>71323387
>reddit is awesome =)
>>
>>71323642
How's university of Chicago, anon? I wanna try to get into the law school there, just to say I did.
>>
>>71323532
I don't know, man. My brother's got a place there, I wanna get some steady employment and maybe transfer to the University of Tampa, to finish my degree, but I don't really know. I'm totally lost in life, and shitposting about niggers and muslims on this board is my only direction
>>
>>71323546
>tfw barley passing

Sometimes I wish for the cold embrace of death
>>
>>71322923
Can't u branch out into project management or something? What about adding an MBA and consulting?
>>
>>71323194
>Studying subjective shit that could land you in jail for being inflamatory because libcucks
I would rather study psychology
>>
File: LambX32.jpg (955 KB, 1500x962) Image search: [Google]
LambX32.jpg
955 KB, 1500x962
>>71322923
Also STEM here. A good friend of mine I studied with dropped out of uni in the second semester of her master's program and became a ski instructor. She doesn't regret her decision.

Unless you view a job only as a means of acquiring money you have a good chance of doing what you like. I'm thinking about becoming a chef some day, after I have a certain level of financial safety.
>>
>>71323642
I attempted to transfer in from the city colleges, and yeah i am white.

I am at a way shittier college now though, northeastern IL
>>
>>71323186
Best of wishes to you

But seriously, you need to stop wasting time being a lazy sack of crap.
>>
Who needs a fucking /internship/ here?
>>
>>71321654
What do you mean deep shit? Knee deep in cash?
>>
>>71323186

You've already paid 80% the cost, so make a plan and get your degree it's a no-brainer.

I was broke and unmotivated my senior year so I withdrew, took a job. Had planned to return a year later but worked and didn't return until 5 years later when recession hit.

I even got my last semester's worth of shitty grades erased after telling a true sob story to the uni. Got straight As my final year except for one law class we had a prof who "doesn't give A" and maybe gave a singe A- that year.

Yeah, it was mostly a waste of time and money. But I learned more from that one prof than from all the rest, and big picture, I'd be locked out of my career without a degree and probably making half what I am now. Definitely other good options for someone just about to start UNI, but for you, it is clear; plan to get your degree in next few years. Work with administrators to make that possible. Tell them all about your depression or whatever believe me they hear all kinds of sob stories. If one admin doesn't give you what you want just keep being polite and speak to someone else up the chain. Don't think I ever lost a battle with uni admins the secret is persistence and being polite. Good luck bro.
>>
>>71321654
It's turning to shit here, but not as bad as in the us.
I thought you germs did good at this shit, judging by your research reports I have read so many of actually.

Well something happened while I took my masters while working, first year only best 10 who wanted was allowed in by hundreds of students. Courses ok. Next year it was 30 (it's 1 year with courses, then thesis, but I had to take the courses over two year cuz already working as senior eng)...
classes was now cucked
people did not know
>math
>programming, for some reason psychology chick was there.. .and other unrelated study people
>hard stuff
>algoritms
So like in machine learning we were allowed to both program, calclulate and actually make ai's with both tools and source.... But we were not graded by this... . Cuz difficult not everyone knows.

And again it's fucking two things
>1. women
>2. hiding unemployment, by forcing people to first take bachelor, then masters... lowering standards on everything.....

This is hitting us hard right now, very hard
Shit is only going to go downhill, we have postponed the recession my doing shit like this. That had hiding unemployment by making healthy young people and old disabled... just for the numbers
>>
>>71323809
Try to focus on finishing the degree, it's ok to drift without direction providing you're still actually achieving something, even if it's not what you want to be achieving. It's much better to change horses midstream than get off the horse and wander vaguely around looking for another horse
>>
Leftist and extremely PC, but overall pretty fun. I would recommend it, I would recommend picking an easier albiet slightly well well respected subject like economics or accounting, to get the best combination if you cant find a valuable degree you truly love.
>>
>>71323892
>chef
remember that the memes about kitchen life are pretty damn accurate:
>almost everyone uses drugs
>shouting and then some more
>more money, more stressful
>>
Also the best actually quit when the master turned like this. The best who even worked full time already as researcher at the near atomic research facility...... so foreign students and the few women left...
>They wanted technical reports to be selling now
>To seriously on a technical line, perform research on children in africa lit like 80% was like this
could just go through with a mast in cs and not even know fucking basic programming
>I haven't bothered with my thesis, it became too much.. that + actual constant discrimination
>you did all the work
>chicks on group, not working spend all day cozying up to teacher(female)
>Gets better grade, did lit NOTHING.. induvual shit she showed a 1990ies html dropdownbox
>I showed a whole functional app on a pad, made in a day people applauded for...
too much...
>>
Its pretty boring and all the pompous academics are a pill but its the best thing you can do for a good future.
>>
>>71324256
education is not getting easier, it's the people forced into schools that is the problem, if you don't insane skills at something (skills which you can't develop while at school) you are forced to go to school and there is lot of bad decisions made by lot's of people (me included) you are encouraged to "challenge yourself" aka study too hard shit

the system is soft in wrong parts and hard on wrong parts
>>
>>71321654
It depends on a lot of factors.

For the typical person going to a middle tier state school, just getting your degree isn't enough these days. You're going to need connections and plenty of experience through internships.
>>
>>71324567
This is some next level English grammar
>>
>>71321654
Is it hard to get a job with a stem degree in Germany?

My entire department had recruiters sucking up to us as we approached graduation. You had to be a literal autistic sperge with bad grades, who avoided the recruiters, to not get a job.

I'm one year graduated and took home 80k already
>>
i fell for the STEM meme and doing pretty good desu
>>
>>71321940
>STEM doesn't have to deal with a lot of the leftist crap that other majors have though, so that's a plus.

Yeah no you get infiltrated on the work place later on just like the rest. Even worse your fields are usually filled with leftist beta stereotypes who support the "diversity" notions because they lack real life experience with feminist women and affirmative action shit skins
>>
>leave high school, love chemistry
>decide to major in biochemistry and physics
>fast forward 4 years
>realize how fucked real world chemistry is thanks to maximum Jew ACS (American chemistry society)
>>monopolized research worldwide
>>industrial chem is bitch work
>>all chem majors are neurotic egomaniacs
>Love chemistry, hate chemists
>implying being a physicist wouldn't make me want to put a bullet through my head
>decide to go to grad school for neurology instead
>>
>>71321940
Honestly dude, ir you struggle with Calc you do not belong in STEM. Those classes are there to weed out people who lack enough intuition to make it.

Why are you taking it during the summer anyway? That's a freshman or highschool class. At my uni you have to finish calc 2 and multivariate calc (if math based discipline) by the end of freshman year or they tell you to reconsider staying at the university
>>
File: 1458063550991 (1).jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458063550991 (1).jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>71324965
it's a bit different between us Finland.
Even pre uni you guys have excelled since the 90ies and being at the bottom? We were at the top, world ranking, and it has all gone down hill since 94.

And to clearify you still have to do the shit, you just get freeloaders. And they get through school, not know shit. + these recent event that you can't be graded on the real shit, because of these forced new people. Fucked. Teachers are infuriated.

>Ok let's learn about...
oh right not all of you can into math
>then let's go into the details of Bayesian backpropagation .
oh rite, well you who don't follow just try to grasp the idea >insert shit for dummies< then if lucky go a head
... for the most part, it's masters though, we had to learn everything our self, the details the actual shit, because of these fucktards...
>kill oslo now
>>
>>71323503
Yeah they are super weird about admissions there. I got rejected from depaul, uic, and loyola, but got accepted into UChicago, Illinois Tech, and Northwestern

I started at Illinois Tech because it was basically free, then finished at University of Chicago. I wish I could have started at UChicago, would have learned more, but illinois tech was decent and they are pretty rigorous

I'm a straight white male too btw, I might actually be a diversity pick at this point in my department rofl
>>
File: 1231939.jpg (40 KB, 640x639) Image search: [Google]
1231939.jpg
40 KB, 640x639
First year of medical school and struggling hard as fuck. Even with all the free time I have I just feel too tired to study when I get home in the afternoon. Education is mostly good, even if the budget cuts have had a noticeable effect.

To all of you out there struggling: Don't give up. We're gonna make it if we stick to our dreams.
>>
>>71322121
He looks even uglier WITH the photoshoop. ugly jawline like a freezer.
>>
>>71325774
I hope to attend UChicago for my masters in a few years. Tell me it hasn't gone full feelz good for education ?

but i prob wont get in, white dude with decent grades < flaming gay black man who identifies as a bag of flaming hots
>>
>be brazilian
>get into engineering in college during peak stem meme
>graduate
>country went to shit and industry along with it
>foreign companies leaving left and right
>local companies closing down or downsizing

th-thanks dilma
>>
>>71321654
It's what smart people do so they can be educated and have options in their lives. Also, educated women are better company and more fun to fuck. At college, you'll have more options for sex and dating than at any other time in your life. Just do it and don't be a basement dwelling faggot.
>>
>>71326196
>white guy
Enjoy the shooting gallery up there
>>
File: hehe.png (696 KB, 1336x1056) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
696 KB, 1336x1056
>>71326222
>>
I fell for the STEM meme.
Studying electrical engineering at big state school
First 2 years went smoothly, mental issues started cropping up after that.

I haven't passed a class in a year. 2 semesters of nothing but straight F's. I stopped attending class, stopped even reading the material or even showing up to tests. I literally just sat in my apartment masturbating for an entire year. I don't even really remember it, just an entire year is a blur.

Got cut off from financial aid. Only way to get it back is to pay for a semester by myself and then appeal the suspension.

Enrolled in 6 hours. Just enough to stop the government from starting my student loan payments. Currently at $35K.

The 6 hours this semester cost around $2700, which I have no way of paying since I have no job nor money. I'm simply ignoring my bursar statements.

Semester started off good, aced first midterms. Then just stopped going to class again. Haven't been to class in a month and will probably fail both classes. One of my professors reached out via email and I might be able to pass his class if I pull it together. But the other class is more important and I'm already mathematically unable to earn a C unless given special consideration. If I fail that class then I'll be kicked out of my major b/c it's the 3rd time I've failed it.

So yeah
>>
>>71325570
NTNU > UiO
In that sense. Higher demands on entry makes for less retards
>>
File: 1439664172613.jpg (174 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1439664172613.jpg
174 KB, 800x999
>>71321654
>felling for the STEM meme before having a job
Get a trade related to what you will study, get expirience and afterwards move to university.
This is the save play, for 4-5 years a lot of things (money, love shitty family relationship) can change and if you dont have a back up plan you will fuck up
>>
>>71323186
>college is a meme, higher edcuation is for idiots
>a paranoid retard who pretends he doesnt care but in reality is probly just stupid as fuck

fucking lost it when i near the 'dem niggers are cheating' part
>>
worked hard to get a no-nonsense degree, pays off really well. get your shit together.
>>
>>71326441
faggot, pick your shit up. 4-5 years of shit social life, no free time, and hardly any sleep is 100% worth it in the end. If you can't see that, you might as well be as shortsighted as a nigger looking for their next free gibs.
>>
>>71323359
RARE
A
R
E

RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>71325432
this

if you struggle with anything you do not belong in STEM. everyone doing STEM gets all A's and never has to study hard. at my uni you have to finish 2 semesters of real analysis (if math based discipline) by the end of freshman year or they kick you out.

. . . .
>>
>>71326441
>welcome to 4chan

enjoy your stay
>>
>>71325570
yeah, I'm really bad at learning by myself, I need a study group or a good teacher, well what I got was decent and shitty teachers and study group of one lazy friend who was slightly better but very lazy
>>
>>71321654
Currently finishing 3rd year of engineering, wish I did commerce though.
>>
>>71321654
>i fell for the stem meme and now im in deep shit
I have no respect or sympathy for people who go into stem, especially engineering, and still manage to fuck up. It's not hard nigger just get internships and don't be autistic.
>>
>>71326441
Get your shit together
>>
>>71330008
show up to class
do the homework
get decent exam grades (or if exam grades are shit, join a club you fuckin shut in)
get internship no matter how shitty
graduate and get job b/c of internship
>>
File: weedProtester.png (256 KB, 1164x723) Image search: [Google]
weedProtester.png
256 KB, 1164x723
>>71330008
the only fags that pass STEM are guys that have their living expenses paid for by a secured entity. Finishing STEM or passing calculus shouldn't make you feel special you pleb
>>
>>71329819
my dad has car engineer papers but he never worked in a car company and did 30 years of selling expensive machines to big companies
>>
>>71321654
Expensive day care for a degree thats used across an employees back
>>
>>71330139
>join a club
no clubs here
>>71330008
I have mathematical brain but my mental issues stripped me the power to use my brain properly (memory problems, concentration problems, no energy)
>>
I gave up trying half way through and got a full-time job whilst living off my loan, I ended swimming in cash. Still came out with 2:1.
Because of the beautiful fucked up student loans system here I'll only ever pay ÂŁ16,200 over my entire lifetime so it was worth it.
>>
>>71330373
then do some projects. You like hiking? Build a water filtration device. You like computers? Learn how to build one.

My grades are shit, I have a shit gpa and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get all C's this semester despite taking 12 credits. Even then, I'm not a fucking idiot and have projects to fall back on.
>>
I fell for the stem meme and now I'm earning 70k 2 years out of college lol

If you want to rant against stem at least show that you are financially independent and happy. Don't complain if you can't make decent grades and join a few checkbox clubs to build a basic resume.
>>
>tfw fell for the STEM meme and all I have is this shitty CS degree
>>
>>71330631
right? everyone will bitch and moan about how "muh social life, muh GPA, muh no sleep" yet fail to realize that once you're out of uni, your happiness fucking skyrockets as even the shittiest engineering student who graduates with a 2.0, no internship, no projects, will still find a job making ~55k starting salary (or equivalent depending on the areas CoL)
>>
>>71321654
>start STEM in high school
>doing well
>hit college
>get placed into advanced math
>eveything is going great and I'm happy
>all of a sudden family situation change
>single mother threatening to kick me out and fucks up my small social circle I worked hard to cultivate
>the entire environment I created for me to succeed destroyed because she read my private conversations roasting her fat ass to an extremely close friend
>fall into depression, mental condition worsens, lose a shit ton of weight and fail almost all my classes
>couldn't recover so I dropped out
>can't pursue STEM anymore, dreams and ambitions ruined
>even the kids in STEM were normies anyway and I had people only texting me when they needed something

The conditions to succeed in STEM must be calculated and precise. That's all I can say. I really wanted to become a computer engineer. Now I'm stuck getting examined by neuropsychologists.
>>
File: linsgram.jpg (385 KB, 3049x2320) Image search: [Google]
linsgram.jpg
385 KB, 3049x2320
How hard is it to fake having a degree like a simple 3 year bachelor of comp science?
Anybody in this field to shine light on this?

What if you dropped out half way, why can't you pretend you finished it?
>>
>>71330167
>Finishing STEM or passing calculus shouldn't make you feel special you pleb
Never said it should. In fact I'm saying it's not special at all. People who can't manage it are just retarded.
>>
>>71330670
can you answer this?
>>71330809
>>
>>71330809
you can it's just very high risk, and top companies will put you on a blacklist.

However, if you manage to get a lot of experience, you can just leave your degree off your resume eventually.
>>
If you guys are failing a semester (or technically passing but with very disappointing grades), try to fix yourself in one semester and if you fail at that, then it's time to start working as a low wage worker in your field of interest. Don't fuck around if you don't know what you're doing. You are wasting time and paying for the privelege.
>>
>>71330857
>>71330897
also I know that it is reddit, but this may interest you

https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/4f9rih/how_i_got_a_job_as_a_software_developer_with_no/
>>
STEM only works if you pick the arm that has a lot of work where you live and your city isn't a SJW hellhole, or else you'll need to be a black woman with a 3.5 gpa to get a job.

Programming is the easiest shit ever, even assembly, if you're one of the people who just get it. Double bell curve, it's not your fault.
>>
>>71322121
he was retarded, are you?
>>
>>71330809

umm. . .is this a real question?

transcripts?

any job which requires a degree as a minimum barrier of entry requires transcripts. more selective positions (advanced degree required) require you to pay the university $10 or whatever to mail sealed official transcripts on university letterhead signed by registrar who confirms your degree award letter on file and all your credits.
>>
>>71330830
no , I'm saying people who cant manage aren't retarded, because even retards can pass those classes. most people that fail those , do because of unstable environment. Give a credit card to a moron, and he'll get an electrical engineering degree.

This is why poor people want free school and free living expenses. Problem is everything goes to shit when government handles these things.
>>
File: 1345905259108550.jpg (90 KB, 658x698) Image search: [Google]
1345905259108550.jpg
90 KB, 658x698
>>71330539
>You like hiking? Build a water filtration device.
I'd kind of like hiking but I have fucked feet and I have no room to build stuff here

and I know how to build pc, did my first one as 16y old with a friend, this building hobby is pretty damn expensive thought and very rare
>maybe your friends want one
they have no money and would rather do it themself or just pay for shop one

my current projects:
>keep playing vidya (depression stopped me from playing)
>try to exercise everyday and lose weight

I don't really have any particular skills to hone or things like that, maybe draw some more
>>
>>71330631
>join a few checkbox clubs to build a basic resume.
do you have school clubs or something?
>>
3rd year chemistry, got another year to get an Mchem.

Hoping to specialise into analytical chemistry.
>>
Bachelor's and Master's in poli sci, working on my PhD. Dissertation is coming along nicely.

I'm a VP of finance at a construction equipment manufacturer. Got my foot in the door 8 years ago with an IT internship and got a job straight out of college as a financial analyst. Wasn't hard at all to move up the ladder with the incompetent management structure with degrees from for-profit diploma farms. Engineers at work are a fucking joke. It's always fun to sign papers to replace them with an Indian who doesn't have the unwarranted self-importance of someone who's just a CAD jockey.

Do a liberal arts degree and emphasize all the skills it SHOULD teach you on your resume, but try and pick up a non-liberal arts internship. That way people like me know to hire you as someone with critical thinking and multi-disciplinary skills, while having real world experience. STEM is for specializing one-track number pluggers.
>>
>>71323194

I majored in English with a minor in philosophy.

The english classes were 90% women and half of those were SJWs.

I'm a decent looking guy so I even managed to bang the SJWs.

I've got a full time job now as a paper pusher with average pay and they're paying for my degree in mechanical engineering.

After that, if the law climate looks good I'll get my law degree and do IP law.
>>
>>71326441
Jesus I thought I was a trainwreck
>>
>>71331579
then get creative. For example, I fucking hated living on the second floor of an apartment bringing groceries home b/c I'd always have to walk in, unlock my place, then go back to my car and move in groceries. Build an automated unlocking mechanism via my phone so that I can now press a button, moves an arduino controlled mechanism, and unlocks that shit. Also really helpful when I'm out and don't want niggers breaking into my place so I can check it at a glance.

The point being, get creative, think outside of the box. So many people at my uni just "go through the motions of class,hw,exam" and then don't know shit about anything, don't be like them.
>>
>Study hard during highschool
>qualify for good-level university
>physics and math double major
>work my ass off for 4 fucking years
>get 3.75 GPA
>study so hard , alone, I lose all social skills and eventually develop social phobia, even some agoraphobia
>take ssri anti depressants so i can function
>Deans list and shit, suit meetings, etc.
>Make a small amount of friends
>Decide not to follow up with grad school, waste of time (google physics worse than heroin)
>Go to job market, can't find shit
>Nobody gives 2 shits about grades or double major
>lab assistant for some tech company at minimum wage LEL
>go back to the Canadian version of community college
>get an associate degree in networking (linux servers and shit)
>actually get a well-paying job with that 2-year degree
25k $ and 4 years later on I realized that uni was a waste of time :(
>>
>>71330987
Thanks anon. I read it through, even though it's reddit. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>71330987
coding and software seems like the shittiest job ever
>endless learning
>endless code
>everyone outside of your field put you down even thought you need to know shit ton
>>
>Two master degrees
>Work in academia
>The youth are a chronic case of cancer
>No critical thought, no work ethics, no responsibility, the feeling of entitlement through the roof
>shit pay
>Want to go Columbine every single day
>Will be quitting this job and working as a janitor as long as I can stay away from those cancerous fucking millennials
>>
Majoring in biochemistry
Did I fall for the STEM meme too?
I thought a biochem b.s. is supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades job ticket...?
>>
>>71332593
Four friends that I know studied biochem,
1 got to work for some local police department analyzing drugs (he had good grades). Other two went into computer science (falling for another meme) and the fourth one is unemployed.
>>
>>71332133
yeah, I know, too bad my connections are shit and everything I ever can think up is either expensive or hard af

hell, I can't even connect to enough people to get a D&D game going, or more like I don't wanna DM
>>
>>71332726
branch out. Read a book, go for a walk, stare at a painting or some shit. Find people to connect with and fake it until you make it.
>>
>>71332703
Welp, going to suck it up and if need be I'll move/commute to New Jersey and work my way up from an entry level jew pharma r&d corp position
>>
>>71327737
I'm not paranoid, and you don't have to be really smart to do well in college, especially STEM degrees. In fact they encourage you to be stupider by stifling creative input and side-projects. They curve almost every science class. Anyone can regurgitate facts from a book, that's called working and is why dumb girls with IQ <90 get As on shit.

And the minorities do cheat. They had to change the entire layout of a class that I took, removed the exams and replaced them with small quizzes, precisely because of the cheating problem.

In short, get off your high horse, Lithuania. I don't know how the education is in post-Soviet bloc countries but over here in America, it's minority-friendly and not based on merit or free thinking, but on rigorous memorization. That's a flawed system, I don't care how you look at it.
>>
>>71332820
I read books, last one was Arnold's Total Recall (btw he isn't so dumb media wants him show) and I watch movies, even art movies, I've been thinking about youtube shit also but I don't really wanna show my face and my voice is not very good and it's gonna be very miserable in the beginning anyways
>>
File: 1408409599494.jpg (19 KB, 189x263) Image search: [Google]
1408409599494.jpg
19 KB, 189x263
>27
>No college degree
>between 30-40k a year
>$60,000+ in savings
>No debt

Feels good to be better than the average millennial
>>
>>71333031
>Minorities cheat
>Richbois pop addy's like candy
Can you succeed just by studying real hard? Damn... don't want to do either of those
>>
>>71331657
Of course. Professional clubs too.

I am a "Professional Development Co-Chair" in my engineering society and I get to talk to head project managers for large infrastructure products and set up tours of those projects.

I think I spend 4 hours per month doing this. It's not hard.
>>
File: received_799631223474072.jpg (419 KB, 546x494) Image search: [Google]
received_799631223474072.jpg
419 KB, 546x494
SHARING RARE RODGER
>>
>>71323707
I know a poli sci major who hates Bernie and femenism, and she has great taste in music and doesn't want to have sex until marriage even though she's an atheist and she minors in computer science. I want to marry her.
>>
I got my RN. As long as you don't work at a shitty location it's easy money. Graduated two years ago and I was getting job offers an entire year before I graduated.
>>
>>71333670

how fat is she?
>>
>>71326222
Move to mex brah most companies moved up to here
>>
>>71332382
it's not too bad. It depends on whether or not you enjoy solving problems and learning.

plus, once you're really good at it, you can make a lot of money.
>>
Doing my masters. It's a pain sometimes, but it's good. Best life choice I've ever done. Then again, this is coming from a guy who broke three of his friends fingers and got another friend tetanus while being about 6 years old.
>>
>>71333725
She's not fat, she's pretty qt like 4/5

I'm just way too autistic to talk to girls and I have no time because I go to school full time and work full time
>>
At least you guys are doing something with your degrees like being in STEM.

I'm doing an undergrad in geography because it's the only subject I really love, but where's that going to get me? How am I going to advance the human race?

Am I fucked?
Should I just give up now?
>>
>was a contrarian fuck while in high school and i fucked up badly in math so didnt fell for the stem meme
>applied for the shittiest art school in history

Wew im stuck until may when ill change to biz. But reading this thread makes me wonder if uni is actually worthy i wanna be a filmmaker but i live in a place where everybody is an engineer or retarded so i considered moving to LA legally but ill have to wait.
>>
>>71334317
Make maps? Work for a topographical company?
>>
>>71334317
Geography is fine you can get a job with petroleum engineering. Juat learn as much technical stuff like GIS as you can and you'd be a great hire for oil companies, anf they make bank too
>>
I went for stem, and found it terribly unfulfilling. going to this place has destroyed me as a person. I feel as though I've bee stunted intellectually.

I really just wish I could fail out.
>>
>>71334317
any company that does something in minerals like gold, copper, aluminum, oil, nat gas uses geography people.
>>
>>71334317
Pure geography doesn't really get you anywhere but applied geography is based. I did a mentoring session fall semester with a guy who didn't really know what he wanted to do and wandered into a GIS position, climbed the ladder, and claims that all he basically does now is order around his subordinates and have meetings with government/military officials to discuss contracts
I'd look into it, and perhaps look into doing some /compsci/ on the side
>>
>>71322923
I heard from my ex-gf that Engineering in Germany is not the best. It is not rated that highly and people value doctors more.

Why don't you go into medicine?
>>
>>71334317
Hope that a major breakthrough occurs and we begin travelling the stars and we need explorer cartographers again.
>>
>>71325404

that is actually a really good descision
>>
>>71334781
This is undoubtedly going to happen, space navigation will be a bubble and most of the work will probably be done by AI
>>
>>71333307
my university has sports for women and there was 3D printing club I only heard about after they were shutting it down (it lasted only few months or a year)

so be happy that you live in the land of opportunity and not in the land of socialistic misery
>>
>>71331019
> who just get it
how do i know if i have it?
>>
>>71333290
it's better to do addy and succeed in your studies or at least get thru them than do like me and drink myself to burnout
>>
ITT: dumb butthurt faggots who haven't written anything important because of retardation.
>>
>>71323892
stem here too.

i have decent grades and ill graduate. if the job market doesn't work out ill try to become baker
>>
File: 1460954871975.jpg (11 KB, 254x310) Image search: [Google]
1460954871975.jpg
11 KB, 254x310
All the memes /pol/ told me are surprisingly true
Someone wrote Trump 2016 in chalk on the quad, and now all the shitskin groups are butthurt that the administration isn't pursuing it as a hate crime, so now they're spamming #killallwhitepeople and the like in chalk all over campus. Some feel good white cuck (I assume) wrote "Black, brown, white, yellow. We're all in this together" and someone crossed out white in red chalk kek. There's also the whole "Amerikkka" meme, "REVOLUTION>Reform", "black and brown bodies must unite in the face of white terrorism" and many things along those lines.
Of course no one is doing anything about it
>>
>>71334263
just try it, the first time might not succeed, but maybe later she will notice you or it does succeed and you get qt

do this especially if you have very small history of asking people out
>>
File: 1459183984168.gif (358 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1459183984168.gif
358 KB, 500x357
>bus/com major
>HR job 2 weeks after graduation
>mfw telling STEM fags they dont have the skills/experience for jobs

I also make more than they do and the work is so easy I can finish it all it the first 3 hours if I dont spend too much time gossiping with the other fat HR women.

btw im a man, dont hit on me ;)
>>
>>71334351
well youtuber in mexico (that speak english) would be personally more interesting than another one in LA imo

and yes, it would be stupid to not start from youtube at current times as a filmmaker, if you don't succeed you still get experience
>>
>>71335507
enjoy making pennies compared to the engineers 15-20 years down the road shithead.
>>
>>71335161
You can express ideas with it and use it to solve problems.
>>
>>71324256
>apparently less than 20% of students in higher ed here are in stem
>higher ed system is creating thousands of expensive govt employees with useless degrees

our economy is fucked
>>
>>71321654

Didn't he go on a murderous rampage cause no blonde white women would fuck him?
>>
File: smug.jpg (8 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
8 KB, 220x229
>>71335650
Mad unemployed STEM fag detected
>>
>>71335392

The minorities have been talking about "revolutions" and getting out from under the "crakkkas" since the 1970s and they never do anything.

All they do is complain, then white liberals complain with them, blame white people, and then everyone stops caring about them.

Let the minorities have their kill white people memes and amerikkka meme. They don't have the ambition, dedication, or intelligence to follow through with their goals.
>>
>>71335650
>enjoy making pennies compared to the engineers 15-20 years down the road shithead.
>>
>>71323546

I'm in EE but this is literally me. I hate this major, I suck at it and I HATE college.
>>
>>71325570
what program is this?
>>
>>71335797
>>71336027
making 101k starting next year as a nuclear engineer, gargle my balls cunt.
>>
>>71335392
by a sharpie and start writing shit to bathrooms and shit, make them flip their shit and get themself expelled, ofc don't get caught and they might check cameras so only do it when there is crowd near
>>
>>71323186
I am currently at an Ivy and I'm depressed as fuck. Haven't been to any of my classes in a while and I barely do the work. I don't know whats happening to me. Also a voice in my head keeps telling me I'm stupid and don't deserve to be here. I feel like I wasted my entire life and developed no real skills or habits. Besides school, I've never stuck with anything long enough to really develop skill in it. I blame the internet and my short attention span. Also I crack easily under pressure now for some reason. I don't know whats happening to me.
>>
>>71321654

Alright, so, obvious American here thinking about attending an American university for the first time at the ripe age of 24. But, I am having second thoughts. I come from a long line of business owners so I sort of have that "gene", which I wouldn't call so much of an entrepreneurship gene but as an "independent drive" gene. Self-motivated, etc, love to learn, hunger for success.

I am teaching myself mathematics, economics, computer science etc.. following the curriculum of various top tier universities to get as broad an understanding of the world as possible.

Should I bother getting a degree or just start my own business at this point? I don't know much about the job market for STEM majors currently, and that's what I would do, but I really hate working for other people anyway (I could if it came down to it). It just seems that the job market for STEM is going to be so saturated in 4-6 years that it's kind of pointless.
>>
>>71336277
lol it's not going to be saturated anytime soon. You have a shit load of 60+ people looking to retire. Just go for a general degree like mechanical or electrical and laugh your way to the NEET life at 55
>>
File: liesontheinternet.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
liesontheinternet.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>71336130
>next year
HR TIP - unless it's next week, then youre not getting that job. Ill be keeping an eye out for your resume ;)
>>
>>71336234
You're at Cornell and you've almost made it through a really tough winter. I know because that used to be my life. Hang tough and don't gorge out. Take advantage of the amazing stuff happening on campus and also the mental health resources there, which actually are pretty good. Work harder too and accept you've been given a massive advantage in life.
>>
>>71325359

Doing PhD in physics. Can confirm, beta leftist collegues that have never seen real life, only people from the best families, going through the best education, know only people from the same "privilige" (fuck this word) and never had to deal with real struggles except having to learn 40-50 hours a week for something they choose for themselfs.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 535x462
>>71335392

And in the 70s the first black students admitted with the help of affirmative action held a professor hostage at gunpoint and took hostages to protest the teaching of "Eurocentric" history. The leftist professors praised them for this.

Welcome to America, I guess, m8. None of this is new. The leftists, the kikes, and the eternally entitled blacks always get their way.
>>
>>71335981
>they never do anything.
expect those huge riots there this year and last year, locally they are very destructive and threat to local whites
>>
>>71336403
>You're at Cornell
Brown actually. But I guess your advice still applies
>>
>>71336458

*I believe this was at Cornell. You can read about it Allan Bloom's book - it happened while he was teaching Greek there.
>>
>>71335981
they're becoming more and more common. They should be rooted out, by banning all blacks from the US
>>
>>71325797
do cocaine/adderal
>>
>>71322121
Well, he shot people and committed suicide, so you have a pretty high chance if you aren't near these lines.
>>
>>71336402
oh really? because even the CEO of the company who took me on his yacht last week said that, "given the fact you've been with the company for 3 years, you can expect to make above the average starting salary if you were to sign with us next year"...do me a favor and google average nuclear engineering salary and get back to me shitdick. Enjoy getting fucked in the ass by your boss, I'll have mine do shots with mine.
>>
>>71336234
you are not stupid if you get thru your courses, you are cracking because of the stress, deal with that shit for real, if only more people treated their minor mental healthy issues then we would need to treat less of the severe ones like my case (depressed, anxiety and panic attacks when shit gets too hard)
>>
>>71336726
mine do shots with me*

Enjoy never moving up in your company making LITERAL pennies. Better start investing that 37k somewhere!
>>
>>71336737
I feel like such a bitch though. Its hard to admit you have a problem, especially a mental health one since it makes you feel like a wimp. But I really shouls just suck in my pride.
>>
>>71336571
You've got it even better than you realize, then. Make friends with as many people as you can and show them your best side. You'll never be surrounded by so many interested and talented people again in your life. And get to know the rare books in the John Carter Brown Library. Also, be willing to help women with their sexual experimentation that so many will be going through there (and I know plenty about this as I have a fuckbuddy who just graduated form Brown). New England winters suck. So does mental health stuff and chemical imbalances. Just seek out help and try to make the best of an amazing situation you have available to you.

>>71336458
Donald Alexander Downs, Cornell '69: Liberalism and the Crisis of the American University.
>>
>>71336726
>>71336808
Holy shit you are so triggered. Yeah, next year youll show me. I just have to wait.
>>
File: 1460664186563.jpg (89 KB, 800x627) Image search: [Google]
1460664186563.jpg
89 KB, 800x627
>>71323564
Please tell me you know how to at least pick manually to, don't tell me you're using a pickgun

>tfw learned lockpicking during univ. too
>>
>>71323417
Have fun flying a bus.
>>
>>71335125
yeah, while the floor is high, the ceiling is quite low in countries like Finland.

they're better suited for people who just wanna chill have fun get by you know? but for an ambitious person they are severely limited by being in a country like Finland and are better off being in the U.S.

the U.S has a lower floor but much higher ceiling.

I moved here from one of those European socialist places and am overall happier here, although I think European people are more beautiful than Americas and there are cultural things I miss. I can still always visit when I have the time though, the flight isn't too bad.
>>
>>71337061
oh, i'm still going off of school year instead of fiscal year, yeah... 101k starting on may 2nd. Not even triggered, you just came into a thread to spew your "XD I GET TO REJECT YOU PEOPLE XDDDD" gtfo and go jerk off in the stalls
>>
>>71323186
>
Dude. This is exactly me.
>>
>>71323767
he looks fine, he was just a maniac with little to no social skills and from reading his "manifesto" he didn't even approach girls.

He just pulled up in his BMW, with his nice clothes and Prada sunglasses and assumed they would come up to him by default.
>>
File: 1445189425675.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1445189425675.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>71337191
Being a pilot is easily one of the most badass & fun jobs on the planet.
>>
Go to uni only if you're at least 6+/10 and good looking. Otherwise it isn't worth it. It's all about partying and girls, even if you graduate you'll have to relearn everything at your first job, while being good looking and popular will help you get a very good first job anyway.
>>
>untermensch trying to have STEM majors
>fail out of school because they are low quality humans, not fit for glorious STEM work
>shit post on /pol/ about the "STEM meme"

shiggy diggy
>>
>>71328610
kek
>>
>>71336234
it's because you've moved away from your home and your family. this exact thing happened to me when i first moved away --- lost purpose in life.
>>
>>71337394
>he doesnt know
>>
>>71337621
Maybe in america
>>
>>71337988
nice bait. You a fisherman in your spare time since you only work 3 hours?
>>
>>71326441
Anon get your shit together you weak fucker.
>>
File: 1454477895655.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1454477895655.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>>71321654
>father tells me go to university otherwise you will work all life with the shovel
>go to university study the hardest shit I could think of so I won't end up working with the shovel all my life
>after years of suffering no money and no time for friends I managed to get that mechanical engineering degree
>start job... hate it more then everything in life.. my stomach literary turns from sitting 8 hours a das infront of a monitor and play with numbers
>quit job
>unemployed and unhappy now cause wasted my youth on this shit degree
>>
>>71338069
Look, if youre going into research I wish you luck. I dont know what your 'ceo' told you but its a hard gig. Youll survive on grants and it doesnt take much for a college to revoke and want a grant repaid and then all the researchers in an office will be gone. Youll be looking at short term research contracts for the rest of your career. Sure, youll make 300k over the next 3 years, but then youll spend 1.5 looking for another contract.

I wouldnt recommend STEM to people who want stability or pensions. But if you get good grades at school and thats all youre good at then go for it. good luck
>>
>>71323072
Read his manifesto. Its basically /r9k/ in human form.
>>
>>71338292
there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be an office slave. You're probably still very young, just do something with your time now that you learned what you dont wanna do.
>>
>>71321654
It's a place to meet people and you should only go if you don't pay for it.
>>
>>71324484
Being a chef is fun, but your feet will probably hurt some. And summers can get sweaty as fuck. But other than that its laid back unless you get flustered easily.
>>
>>71321654

I studied electrical engineering for 3 years but ended up dropping out two years ago i'm 28 now and work a blue-collar job but at least i'm happier. don't fall for the STEM meme unless you REALLY enjoy what you're studying. if you're freshman/sophomore and having trouble with courses its really not going to get any better later on. if you're already having doubts talk to an actual practicing engineer to get his perspective, it might sort you out
>>
>>71338529
I'm looking for jobs with a high travel requirement now
try to make the best of my situation
>>
>>71332066
You can do IP law (I'm currently in law school) without the scientific degree. If you want to write patents, then you'll need that.

I plan on doing mostly patent litigation so I won't need the degree. Most of the IP field isn't patents anyway.

But there's a lot of money in it. Really, in the field of law, this is the only thing to go into.
>>
>>71324200
I needed one. I contacted 50 companies to get an unpaid internship. Got one because my mother knew someone. It's hard to be an unpaid "worker" these days.
>>
File: samefag.png (135 KB, 281x263) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
135 KB, 281x263
>>71321756
>>
>>71321654
What did you major in?
What internships did you do?
Have you been a working student?
What are you grades?
>>
>>71327737
In my university there's a clique of Asians who have all means of cheating available from pre written proofs to elaborate explanations of complex stuff. Also they find ways to communicate their answers during exams. Almost all instructors don't really care enough or simply don't notice it to do anything about it.

>>71333031
>>71327737
The part about curving courses is true. Though some instructors over here are known to not give a shit and just fail half the class for their course every year. Usually these type of courses are far above average level of difficulty and totally impractical with reality. The ones I actually appreciated the most and that had me reconsider stuff where some of the easier courses I did.

Some courses I did with programming stuff was just learning modules and attributes it was the most pointless shit ever and super complex as well for something I know I will never use again in my life and it doesn't really round my education either since I didn't understand crap about it I just googled with 60 or so tabs open and learned the examples for the exams to pass. In the end I didn't learn shit from it and if I'm asked a question regarding that exact course I will just open 10 google tabs again.

>>71323186
I don't really know what credits are in US. In Europe we have ECTS you need 150 ECTS for your university bachelor and 30 ECTS for free choice (60 = one year, this means you need 180 ECTS total). Also almost nobody over here finishes their degree in 3 years because if you fail just one course and have to redo it, you either have to do more courses than usual in the same bloc creating insane work pressure. That or you have to delay getting your degree by a year. Usually the people who need 5 years for their degree failed one or so course in their 4th year and then keep being enlisted for just one course they need for their degree its really quite stupid.
>>
File: 1459446121509.png (184 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
1459446121509.png
184 KB, 453x668
>>71337543
this, he had ok looks and had money, only downside was that he was a r9ker beyond salvation, shit man, i have seen the ugliest, poorest, fatest, manlest men in mexico and they still drown in fucking qt booty, i wanna get off this ride honestly.
>>
>>71323546
> tfw this is me as well

Luckily I chose to do Information systems so I barely have any math. If uni math has the same garbage explanation books as the programming courses I did I'm really glad. I disliked the majority of programming courses I had it was all python and vague as fuck. This is what I meant with just memorizing attributes and certain modules and certain lines for exams btw, it was painful and completely useless and I didn't understand shit about what was thought to me even though I passed one of these courses with a 8.5/10.

I'm fairly average as well in university. I should've just went into economics I know I could handle the math units that they have I'm about to do a minor in it and it seems very doable.

>>71338292
You will find there are quite a bit of people in the same position.

When I had done 30 ECTS out of the 180 ( 150 for just the degree I could do w/e I wanted for the 30 free choice ). I wanted to change my degree to economics but it was absolutely not possible for several reasons and some other bullshit so I decided to continue with this shit. I really did not enjoy myself my only friend was my best friend from high school and since he lived at the other side of the country I mostly spoke to him through chat programs.
>>
>>71338292
Have you ever thought about becoming an entrepreneur? It's not as hard as people claim it to be, if you have a brain.
Please consider reading Disclipined Entrepreneurship, it could change your life.
>>
Lmao @ all the shitters in this thread. Get your shit together.
>>
>>71337621
Hahaha no.

I'm quite good looking and have no problems with guys or girls but it simply doesn't work that way. That said after I actually graduate I do seem to have a lot of choice.

Inb4 working in BCC or media markt as electronic device salesman .___.'
>>
>>71323359
They have universities in Malawi? Are you sure it wasn't just a rape den? Your whole continent is just one big rape and crime den, anyways, Does higher education count as witchcraft? If so I'm surprised they didn't just lynch you for that.
>>
>>71341082
yes but I have literary no skills sexcept the stuff I learned from university also I have zero cash to start something
>>
>>71321654
looks a little like elon musk in that shot
>>
>>71322121
this guy never even talked to a girl
>>
>>71323186
apply to a trade school. half of my associates never finished highschool
>>
>>71341155
In the Netherlands of the people who have a CS degree only 1/3 work within that field.

And it's not due to lack of jobs, there are plenty of programming jobs over here that have been open for months.
>>
File: 1457646629451.png (931 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
1457646629451.png
931 KB, 800x770
>>71324200
Got one working on British army armoured vehicles for BAE Systems feels 10/10 mate
>>
>>71341244
Germany is full of angel investors. Besides them have the regular investors, and the crowdfunding.

The key to become a succesful entrepreneur is to identify a REAL need or problem in the world, and create a good solution for it.
(Fun Fact: roughly 35% of startup fails are due to creating something that nobody wants)

You only really need money to create what is called a Minimal Viable Product.
In case of some kind of hardwer could be just a pile of duct-taped wire and sensors, IF it can do what it is intended to do, so you can ask people to test it out, and get feedback from them, while also being able to show it to possible investors.
In case of a website, or an app(which you should only do if you have something really extraordinary in mind, because the app market is cancer), you could get away with some pictures in a Power Point presentatin, to show how the whole thing would work.

One thing I've heared in this field is this: "If your prototype look pretty, you have a problem."

You don't want to waste time, energy and resources to make something look good, because it's 95% sure you'll have to make some adjustments.
>>
File: 1455049034695.png (211 KB, 2514x1354) Image search: [Google]
1455049034695.png
211 KB, 2514x1354
>>71326039
>>71321756

Ugh I know right?!? What an ugly, square, shoe box jaw shop. Too bad he didn't naturally have a swede jaw
>>
Hear the story of a 40 year old NEET

I should've studied STEM, I was good in high school but life with my parents was a constant shitstorm even though we financially lacked nothing.

Long story short, I took worthless uni courses just to do nothing and piss my folks off, who always had grand dreams about me and forcefully tried to make me study science.

Now having tried art, spirituality and degeneracy, I want to do math again because that's about the only objective truth we humans have discovered. Also it's been validated by mystics like Pythagorus so it's not just a fancy modelization system that allows for heavier than air flight or computers, it's the basic buildings blocks of reality.

Don't be like this 40yr old piece of shit NEET
struggling with high-school maths manuals and wishing he hadn't been such an emo faggot as a teen and young adult

The world isn't going to capsize, muh white race isn't going to be extinguished, life is not conspiring against you

If your folks are fucktards don't try to convince them they're wrong, or try to get revenge against them by failing.
Just undergo therapy or get a ritalin prescription to stomp through your science studies.
Then you'll have a worthwhile degree, a sharp brain, the possibility to get an ok job at the very least, and you'll do whatever you want.

Sorry for this r9k piece of self-pity
>>
studied metallurgy for 2 years, droped and got a job in an oil rafinery. runing a career now.
desu I have been seriously thinking about majoring physics one day
>>
>>71332474

Kur dirbi? Kokia šaka?
>>
>>71321654

It's a complete scam. I went to Community College and got a two year degree. Saw what bullshit it was. Decided to forgo being a slave to go to university. Worked my dick off to learn my two trades in the real world. Not at 31, I'm a STEM fag who owns and runs two businesses from my home which I own.

I don't see uni as anything but indoctornation. It really doesn't seem to do much for people unless they're entering a top-tier trade like medical or high-end science.
>>
Is STEM worth if physics major who will be able to do a shit ton of research? The school I'm at has decent resources and the pond is small enough for me to do a lot.
>>
>>71338832
What burnt you out?
I am getting an EE degree after 3 years of blue collar work.
Blue collar work with a shovel was enjoyable, rewarding and paid well, but my body was breaking down
I really enjoy the course work at the moment. It's challenging to be sure.
>>
File: 1456707457892.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456707457892.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1200
>>71342668
You just helped me get over my procrastination and motivate me. Thank you
>>
>>71337191
You say that like it's a bad thing. Sounds like your jelly.
>>
File: Madotsuki.full.1226627.jpg (130 KB, 800x666) Image search: [Google]
Madotsuki.full.1226627.jpg
130 KB, 800x666
>>71321654
Used to be a decent place to acquire an education and separate yourself from the flock.

But now....

It's mostly a meme as it's slowly being turned into high school 2.0 by removing the unique things that were only found in universities to accommodate increasing amounts of under qualified students.
>>
>>71323632
>networking

Definitely this. Too many people go through the university just hitting the books and studying alone as if it's a feat of strength.
>>
>>71323186
I applied to University of Wisconsin Whitewater and Milwaukee because I want to go back to college after my tragic last quarter.

I don't think they'll take me, but I am out of state and technically Hispanic (I'm Spanish and part native) so maybe there is a chance.
>>
Honestly engineering is like, the definition of a honest day's work.

It can be p brutal sometimes (overtime, learn new shit in some positions) but given you're at a big company the pay is fair for the amount of work you do. A lot of days there really won't be anything to do.

The easy part is college: you graduate, you get a job. Plenty of halfassed engineers at big companies.

Just don't expect a big reward, and typical 9 hour workdays.
>>
>>71323564
Just do it man
>>
>>71345322
No you piece of shit. Degree = job. I didn't talk to anyone and still got a job. Hold your GPA 3.0+ and p much ensured a job.
>>
>>71325432
Bullshit, you can get engineering degree if you just have hard ass and sharp pencil. Math is fun, but I didn't really care for physics, still I've graduated and I haven't really retained any of it, but that's not really the point of Uni, it's about learning to learn and research a topic. In your daily work you aren't going to be using most of what you learn anyway and the shit you need to know you learn on the job.
>>
>>71330373
There are always clubs, you just have to stop being a pussy and ask around.

And if you have concentration problems, then just stop going to lecutres, they are 100% optional. Learn on your own time and pace. If you still can't concentrate then the field isn't for you.
>>
>>71332382
So what you are saying is that you get to use your brain and build cool shit? And who is putting coders down? I still haven't found a single person who thinks that creating software is stupid or easy or what ever you are implying. Just make something cool, don't just make websites that suck, get into embedded software and write code for cars, fridges, lamps, phones, whatever the fuck you feel like.
>>
>>71333226
Yeah, there are always some exceptions in the mix. Then again having an engineering degree and making 80k/year at 25 is nothing to sneeze at either.
>>
>>71346117
In my experience, not going to lectures is usually a death sentence for your grade.
You miss all the extra credit stuff, you miss the administrative announcements, and even worse, you make it easier to rationalize less and less effort.
>I'm not going to lectures, I'll just show up for tests
>Eh, this homework is really long, I can afford to take a zero on it
>Eh, I can get 50% credit on homework grades and still get A's if I destroy my tests
>Eh, I don't need to turn in homework, takes too long I can just read the book and learn
>Eh, I don't need to aim for an A, I'll can skip this test since I'm not prepared anyways, I'll just do good on the final
>Eh, flipping burgers is an ok job, I'll just read a lot of literature in my free time to convince myself that I'm not a total loser
>>
>>71323072
He's ugly as fuck, senpai.
>>
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 309x398) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 309x398
>>71323359
lel I remember you from that thread talking to that Mozambique guy, saying there's like a small commune of whites or sumshit
>>
>>71346542
If there is one thing that is a must, it is GO TO EVERY CLASS.
>>
File: r8plz.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
r8plz.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
I look a bit derpy as well. Do I have hope? :(
>>
>>71346542
>>71346691
I skip a lot of classes but I'm still in my pre-reqs and what not. I never miss assignments, labs, ect. My grades are fine. Is it time to cut the shit and get disciplined?
>>
>>71341241
there are white communites there, or maybe jhust one. I remember he was talking t o a neighboring Mozambique dude and they were saying the entire white population knew each other there.
>>
>>71346542
The lecture is just the digest of the reading, and the reading is pointless if you do the homework and projects.

Don't go to lecture, just pay attention in lab and do the HW. Go to the TA hours and try to get them to summarize the lecture and do your HW. At the very least you can pass the exam because you have ingrained how to do the typical problems and can guess the rest.

Going to the office hours also forces you to focus.
>>
>>71337886
I'm actually a local of the state and I see my family often enough. BUT I haven't been to my native country in years because of a war. And that depresses me
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.