[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
97% Of Climate Scientists Agree Humans Cuasing Climate Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: climate-change.jpg (80 KB, 490x250) Image search: [Google]
climate-change.jpg
80 KB, 490x250
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002

The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%–100% of publishing climate scientists according to six independent studies by co-authors of this paper. Those results are consistent with the 97% consensus reported by Cook et al (Environ. Res. Lett. 8 024024) based on 11 944 abstracts of research papers, of which 4014 took a position on the cause of recent global warming. A survey of authors of those papers (N = 2412 papers) also supported a 97% consensus. Tol (2016 Environ. Res. Lett. 11 048001) comes to a different conclusion using results from surveys of non-experts such as economic geologists and a self-selected group of those who reject the consensus. We demonstrate that this outcome is not unexpected because the level of consensus correlates with expertise in climate science. At one point, Tol also reduces the apparent consensus by assuming that abstracts that do not explicitly state the cause of global warming ('no position') represent non-endorsement, an approach that if applied elsewhere would reject consensus on well-established theories such as plate tectonics. We examine the available studies and conclude that the finding of 97% consensus in published climate research is robust and consistent with other surveys of climate scientists and peer-reviewed studies.
>>
I farted in honor of this thread, OP.

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>71223947
100% of scientist agree that Leafs are faggots.
>>
fuggg da sgy is fallig :D:D:D
>>
>>71223947

They are saying that it is getting hotter but i dosent see it.

I had -35 for a couple of weeks this winter and its Cold as fuck right now.
>>
I never got why right-wing cuckservatives are so against this.

We've been burning coal, oil, and gas releasing carbon pollution into the atmosphere. It's obviously going to have an effect.

Then again most of these people don't believe in evolution, think vaccinations cause autism, and that the earth is 6000 years old.

The dumbest of the dumb are on /pol/
>>
>mfw Cairngorms

I couldn't give a fuck if the sea level rises, I LIVE IN A FUCKING MOUNTAIN RANGE
>>
>>71226016
It's getting hotter on average, not everywhere and uniformly.
>>
>>71226016
climate change is "global warming" but retards called it global warming so now were stuck with people like you confused about it
>>
>>71226142
and then all the coast faggots move inland to your peaceful little area, and you no have longer have your space and tranquilty
>>
>>71226070
>Then again most of these people don't believe in evolution, think vaccinations cause autism, and that the earth is 6000 years old.
except that no one on pol believe this fucking faggot
>>
97% of the people who have committed their entire life to proving human based climate change is real agree that humans cause climate change.

no fucking shit. why does everyone think this statistic has any meaning
>>
fugg new yorg underwader by 2010 :D:D:D:D:D
>>
>>71223947
>97% of climate scientists want people to think their jobs are super important so keep giving those sweet govbucks or the world Will end!

In related news, 97% of women's studies majors agree that patriarchy is real.
>>
>>71226302
Christcucks fucked us
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 180x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 180x222
>>71226070
>"dumbest of the dumb is on pol"
>is on /pol/

mfw
>>
>>71226390
(You)
>>
it went from 'global warming' to climate change when they realized they couldn't keep THAT cat in the bag.

it's bogus. there have been periods of millions of years with drastically higher carbon dioxide levels and drastically lower temperatures.

it's not as if the planet was ever going to find a 'normal' state and just stay there. everything always changes.
>>
>climate scientists
So it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>71226295

>implying they'd move here

They'd move to England's rural areas.
>>
>>71223947
Ok if we are really concerned with this, we should Nuke China and India and kill off all of their population.

Then we cut off all supplies to Africa and let them eat themslves.
>>
>>71223947
You will believe everything that the consensus says is true. You will also say that buttsecks, pedophilia, rape and murder are great if enough people say it is. Sheep.
>>
>>71226070
>Burn the coal, pay the toll
>>
>>71226369
But patriarchy is real you dumbass. Go to any backwards muslim country and you see that family bloodlines are continued only by males and females are just "vessels" to carry offspring of a male. Families are lead by the eldest living male, the patriarch. In america too there are surviving traits of this patriarcy, such as bride taking the man's family name to replace her father's name. American university feminazis are retarded sjws, but that doesn't make the concept of patriarchy less real.
>>
Do people really believe that scientists across the world all participate is some sort of worldwide conspiracy that revolves around lying about climate change to achieve some sort of an unidentified goal?
>>
>>71226427

How else am I going to educate you mouth breathers? Somebody has to drag you into the 21st century.
>>
>>71223947
You can tell it's bullshit because they're actively trying to discredit the 3% by saying they're not experts. If they're so sure on their theory, shouldn't they reinforce their theory instead of attacking people who disagree?
>>
>>71223947
>At one point, Tol also reduces the apparent consensus by assuming that abstracts that do not explicitly state the cause of global warming ('no position') represent non-endorsement, an approach that if applied elsewhere would reject consensus on well-established theories such as plate tectonics.

literally bullshit
>>
Id bet my left nut that scientists also agree that there are no mental differences in different human "races", despite there being obvious physical differences. Also scientists agree that multiculturalism is imevitable and great.
>>
>>71226016
>no niggers committed crime in my backyard so niggers don't commit crime
>>
>>71223947

> 97% of scientists realize their grant money will dry up unless they fall in line.

ftfy

Now tell me why during our warming period in the 1990s astronomers observed the ice on Mars melting & the ice on Europa thinning?
>>
>>71227012
> do people really believe that scientists that completely rely on state funding would come to an overwhelming consensus despite a lack of data?
>>
File: deer.gif (79 KB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
deer.gif
79 KB, 300x164
>still believing the 97% rhetoric

If you wanna know something that fits even better, 97% of the studies that say the consensus of scientists agree are either a consensus of cherry picked researchers from a specific foundation that supports the climate change rhetoric (because they'll lose funding if they don't) with a few token "opposition" scientists that are immediately and publicly thrown under the bus to be made an example of.

And whenever they try to expand to an outside opinion, they keep their questions vague and count "do you believe in climate change" as a valid question.
>>
>Climate scientists

Well of course they'll say that they'd be out of a job otherwise.
>>
>>71227012
No, people believe in compeling evidence and climate change theorist provide none. There is not enough data that proves the world is going to shit because of human action.
It's all meant to justify more taxes and regulations dummy.
>>
>>71223947
"climate scientists"

lel, so basically, they would be out of a job if they didn't say this/believe this
>>
>>71223947
What percent of scientists agree that race is just a social construct?

>2016 science is not science, just leftist propaganda
>>
File: currentyear.jpg (51 KB, 614x412) Image search: [Google]
currentyear.jpg
51 KB, 614x412
>>71227061
>>
>>71223947
There was a lot of consensus few centuries ago about earth being the center of the universe, they used to burn you back then, now they dont publish your works, or hire you, etc. Fucking canadians i hate you more by the minute.
>>
>>71227481

Proof of this?

Exactly.

Once again /pol/ is BTFO and crying foul for not getting its way.

We as a species fucked up and polluted badly. It's time to take, as /pol/ loves to say, PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for one's actions.
>>
>>71226016
>weather is the same as climate
>>
>>71223947
>not realizing climate change research gets 100% of research grants

it's totally political. why did "scientists" start calling it climate change instead of the original term global warming? why are they letting politics dictate what terms they use?
>>
99.9% of "historians" agree that the holocaust is real too/
>>
>>71227589
That's how it works: the reasearcher has a thesis, that supports lef-wing theories, empirical data confirms the theory, then it's a scientific fact, it's a stupid argument.
>>
>>71227012
>believing metanalyses
>>
>>71223947
>97% of climate change scientists believe in climate change
>97% of people in a certain profession believe their profession isn't predicated on a myth
>the likelihood of belief is also correlated to how 'expert'/entrenched/senior they are in their field
This is retarded to use as evidence.

>inb4 97% of central bankers believe in QE
>inb4 97% of Muslims believe in muhammed
>>
File: 1460012382274.png (797 KB, 812x806) Image search: [Google]
1460012382274.png
797 KB, 812x806
>>71227831
>weather isn't climate
>>
>>71226651
Yup, I'm sure that means our carbon dixoide usage has nothing to do with the current slimate change. Let's forget about it guys it's happened before it's fucking nothing.

>americuck logic
>>
>>71227906

Never change /pol/. People against climate science are also racist Holocaust deniers.

I'm glad your kind is slowly dying out. Civilization will be better without your stupidity.
>>
>>71227564
what about when london was covered in a deadly cloud of pollution back when there were no restrictions on coal burning?
>>
>>71223947
9 out of 10 doctors agree, this toothpaste cures cancer.

The 10th is no longer granted funding.
>>
>>71226070
its incredibly overblown by left politicians. Since our whole establishment is retarded, right politicians go too far in the other direction with the whole 'nothing bad is happening hahahhahha dumb leftists' pandering
>>
File: CMIP5-73-models-620px.png (68 KB, 620x476) Image search: [Google]
CMIP5-73-models-620px.png
68 KB, 620x476
>>71223947
yet all of their models were proved wrong

how disappointing for them, bet they don't publicize it and just keep on pretending their views have any basis in reality
>>
>>71223947
I bet they asked black science guy and bill nye the faggot guy for this shit
>>
>>71228126
exactly

97% of blacks believe they dindu nuffin
>>
>>71228198

Christian racist nationalists are breeding faster than any degenerate class of people in the West.
>>
>>71226016
>>71224047
>>71224206
>>71224208
Wow.

/pol/ is just sad these days
>>
File: science.jpg (64 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
64 KB, 800x572
>>71223947
>>
>>71223947

The reason why there are so many climate change deniers is because climate scientists always freak out and paint climate change as an imminent, existential threat to humanity.

This results in claim after claim every year that we're all going to die in 10-20 years if we don't do exactly what they stuck-up academics tell us. Then 10-20 years pass, their prediction models are all wrong, sea levels and temperature levels go up by a tiny percentage, and skeptics take climate change scientists less seriously.

Furthermore, academics are desperate for money and attention. They get picked up by politicians who use their research to justify more taxes and more government oversight. This further infuriates skeptics who see academics as pawns.

Climate change scientists are further considered laughingstocks because they want to have their cake and eat it, too. They want us to divest from fossil fuels and invest in things like solar, geothermal, wind, and ethanol. What they don't realize is these renewable energy sources are not efficient enough to run a modern economy. All of them survive on massive government subsidies; otherwise, the green energy industry would collapse in a New York minute.

But, what - what about nuclear energy? It is incredibly efficient, it is far safer and cleaner than fossil fuels (and the immense human and environmental cost of fossil fuels is evident). Why not use nuclear?

Because the same environmentalists freak out, plug their ears, and sing "la-la-la-la" whenever anyone mentions nuclear. So, they want us to stop using fossil fuels and start using energy sources that simply cannot run any modern economy in the Western or Eastern world. They want our politicians to enact their carbon taxes and overreaching environmental policies - politicians know what's best for us, right?
>>
>>71228156
what would make you think it DOES have anything to with "the current climate change", which, we have established would never be absent, and have NOT established has any relation to the puny impact humans have on an atmosphere that is more massive than the combined mass of all humans by a dozen orders of magnitude?

we'd like to think we're having a big impact or something, but we're really not.

the only reason why you think any of this exists is because someone told you about it. you would have noticed nothing otherwise, and climatologists just looking at information would find nothing unusual about it, until we had a name for this hoax.
>>
>>71223947
yes, but what you won't hear is that the cause is all the third world shitholes throughout the world that are making up the vast majority of the world's overpopulation and pollution.

we'll still be told that whites are causing pollution and we need to cut back on our population, so that we can then be told our birthrates are too low and we need #diversity
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 299x224) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 299x224
>>71223947
I really have no idea about this global warming shit
But what I do know is that the Jews are pushing this as hard as their race mixing agenda
I'm just anti whatever the Jews want
I say lets not polute the water and don't litter
Thats pretty much it
>>
>>71223947
That's still an appeal to authority.
Now, if you stated LOGICAL facts, then maybe /pol/ might be BTFO.
Until then, leave the shitposting to Aussies.
>>
>>71228449

Why do you lie? White Christians/racist will be a minority. Texas is going blue. More liberals are moving to the south.

The age of the non-WASP hating, gun clinging, mouth breather is coming to an end.

If only it was happening sooner. It's still fun to watch you neanderthals panic. Knowing your days are limited and nobody agrees with you anymore.
>>
>>71223947
>/pol/ COMPLETELY BTFO

you know its a con right? the pay them to say what they want you know.

but you like your shill controlled life so why am i even trying to talk to your reddit ass.
>>
>>71228455
nope, those replies are perfect. thats all this shitty thread deserved ; memes and shitpost
>>
>>71226348
>people like you exist
>>
>97 percent say they should get more funding despite being inaccurate everything
Colour me surprised
>>
File: 1438803075876.jpg (89 KB, 651x720) Image search: [Google]
1438803075876.jpg
89 KB, 651x720
OP HERE. Glad to see i triggered so many science deniers who cant take responsibility for their own actions.
>>
File: 1455153898907.gif (997 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1455153898907.gif
997 KB, 500x475
>>71226700
As time passes, they eventually will.
Pay it forward to Mother Earth anon.
>>
File: liberals.webm (3 MB, 1276x710) Image search: [Google]
liberals.webm
3 MB, 1276x710
>>71227818

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/09/08/obama-s-97-percent-climate-consensus-debunked-demolished-staked-through-the-heart/
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10772757.htm
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2014/jun/06/97-consensus-global-warming

Summary: Cook et al. (2013) attempted to categorize 11,944 abstracts of papers (not entire papers) to their level of endorsement of AGW and found 7930 (66%) held no position on AGW. While only 65 papers (0.5%) explicitly endorsed and quantified AGW as +50% (Humans are the primary cause). Their methodology was so fatally flawed that they falsely classified skeptic papers as endorsing AGW, apparently believing to know more about the papers than their authors. Cook et al.'s author self-ratings simply confirmed the worthlessness of their methodology, as they were not representative of the sample since only 4% of the authors (1189 of 29,083) rated their own papers and of these 63% disagreed with their abstract ratings.

"The '97% consensus' article is poorly conceived, poorly designed and poorly executed. It obscures the complexities of the climate issue and it is a sign of the desperately poor level of public and policy debate in this country [UK] that the energy minister should cite it."
- Mike Hulme, Ph.D. Professor of Climate Change, University of East Anglia (UEA)
>>
>>71226070
Because hydrocarbon waste actually cools down the environment, not heats it up.
Consider any cover. The more cover against the sun the cooler the environment.
>>
>>71228874

They love personal responsibility but just not for themselves. The biggest hypocrites they are.
>>
>>71227589
>If science doesn't agree with my world view it's leftist propaganda
>>
>>71223947
READ AS:
97% of men whose only way to maintain a job and support their family is to remain employed as a climate scientist. The only way to remain employed as a climate scientist is to study man-made climate change. /thread
>>
>>71229013

LOL!

This is the best and brightest you have to offer /pol/? LMAO!

What's next? Cigarettes are good for you? Obesity rates are caused by bad thyroids? The earth is flat?
>>
>>71229003

I love how you cite right leaning sources. Yeah no bias opinion there.

/pol/ still BTFO
>>
>>71229013
please do yourself a favor and dont reply seriously. post gore, memes or tell him to kill himself thats all he deserve
>>
>>71229199
>im literally retarded: the post
the way you become famous in the science community is by proving people wrong
>>
>>71223947
97% of climatologists are funded by the left who expect results friendly to their agenda . Scientists have to eat too you know
>>
>>71228475
Yep.

If they actually cared, they would push for nuclear power. We don't though because at this point being "green" is a cult and climate change necessarily must be blown up to keep people interested in it and voting for politicians that support it.

Build nuclear power plants, problem solved for the next several decades, jesus. How can we take anyone seriously who preaches doom and then refuses to do meaningful shit to avoid it.
>>
I remember seeing this.

A number of the scientists listed are complaining, saying that the "researchers" put words in their mouths and selectively quoted them.

There's an AMA going on right now on Plebbit, and the researchers are predictably not responding to any questions that don't fit their agenda.
>>
>>71227567
/thread
>>
solar adoption is on an exponential growth curve anyway, it'll be the majority of power consumption soon if the world doesn't randomly burn up within 15 years like the chicken littles say
>>
>>71228874

Im sure you will agree the kind of tests and evidence you present in this mind frame

http://junkscience.com/2012/03/true-fact-the-lack-of-pirates-is-causing-global-warming/

so go fuck yourself and go back to what ever website you crawled from.
>>
Even if you don't believe in global warming you have to acknowledge the fact that we are fucking ourselves over with pollution
>>
>>71228825
>>71229333
>thousands say "fuck you your poll is retarded"
>find ~400 grant taking green energy scientists who answer poll
>97% of scientists******* agree********_____
>>
>>71223947
>based on 11,944 abstracts of research papers, of which 4014 took a position on the cause of recent global warming

Can you guys check my arithmetic on this ?

So -- 4014 of these papers presented a conclusion. That's 37% of the total of 11,944 papers. So that means 63% of climate scientists haven't reached a conclusion.

Right?
>>
>>71229227
LOL!
This is the best and brightest you have to offer?LMAO!
What's next, a red herring, an ad hom. perhaps? Jamal fucking your ass while branding your wife?
>>
>implying /pol/ does not believe in climate change

From time to time the shills appear but for the most part people on here are not retarded.
>>
>>71228789
oh look mittens, an anti-White genocidal maniac, he doesn't even try to hide his hatred, racism and bigotry
>>
>>71229446

Precisely my point. We should switch to nuclear until renewable energy sources are efficient and readily available.
>>
>>71229349
confirmed for not knowing that the only way to be a scientist is to be funded.

Science isn't the way it used to be. So that episode of science channel bullshit you saw doesn't explain all of science anymore.
>>
>>71228623
The reason I think it exists is because there is just as much evidence for it than anything else scientists have discovered. I don't know how you brainwashed fucks possibly think there is some sort of worldwide agenda to make you believe human activity is having a major impact on the atmosphere when it really isn't. Then again I guess it must be difficult to believe anything anymore with how corrupt your government is.
>>
>>71229333
>the guardian
>right leaning

hahaha, you moran
>>
File: good post.png (5 KB, 126x71) Image search: [Google]
good post.png
5 KB, 126x71
>>71228198
>>71228789
>>71229003
>>71229026
>>71229227
>>71229333

You seem upset
>>
>>71226348
97% of priests >>71227202
Exactly, if science is all about proving hypothesis and that 3% was wrong, they'd just prove they're wrong and move on. Instead it becomes a mess of personal attacks because they can't be proved wrong
>>
>>71229427
>97% of climatologists are funded by the left who expect results friendly to their agenda

citation required
>>71229516
>http://junkscience.c
>literally right wing anti science propganda
nice try goy>>71229595
>So -- 4014 of these papers presented a conclusion. That's 37% of the total of 11,944 papers. So that means 63% of climate scientists haven't reached a conclusion.
>Right?

No the other papers were literally just objective and did not make any conclusions at all in them.
>>
File: j8qpA6d.png (253 KB, 548x356) Image search: [Google]
j8qpA6d.png
253 KB, 548x356
>>71226928
So it's not the patriarchy that's the problem. It's Muslims.
>>
File: 1454962605474.png (70 KB, 183x200) Image search: [Google]
1454962605474.png
70 KB, 183x200
>>71229333
the op was clearly biased

"climate scientists believe climate change is real"

well no fucking shit, if it was non-existent then they would be out of a job
>>
>>71229689
>confirmed for not knowing that the only way to be a scientist is to be funded.
Prove to me right now that all of these people are being funded by leftists who are pushing an agenda.
>>
>>71229781
reminder canada will be annexed soon
>>
How do detect a newfag.
> HUUR /POL/ COMPLETELY BTFO

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>71229595
Of the 37% of papers that did reach a conclusion, 97% of those agree that climate change is anthropogenic.
>>
HOTTEST YEAR ON RECORD!

/POL/ BTFO by facts!

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/20/2015-smashes-record-for-hottest-year-final-figures-confirm
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/2015-may-just-be-hottest-year-on-record/
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/20/us/noaa-2015-warmest-year/

What do you mouth breathers got now? Biased study? "Da joos!"? That's right. You got NOTHING!

BTFO
>>
>>71229333
Don't reply to my post if you have nothing to contribute.
>>
>>71229690
>some sort of worldwide agenda to make you believe human activity is having a major impact on the atmosphere when it really isn't. Then again I guess it must be difficult to believe anything anymore with how corrupt your government is.
what?

government is corrupt
government pushes climate change alarmism to rake in shekels
hurrr climate change can't be wrong
>>
>>71229690
there are vast incentives to creating that impression. *VAST*. in terms of capital, control, and global agendas.

and there really isn't evidence for it. the climate will change at all times. granted. but is it caused by human activity? really doubtful. any changes or changes of direction of changes occuring within humans span on the timeline are almost unobservable when viewed on a longer timeline.

there is a lot of money in global warming. a lot. and there is power and control in it.

i don't know if you're trolling or not but you're in no place to speak about our government, britcuck.
>>
>>71223947
>implying any cares until it effects them
>>
>>71229886
good im moving soon anyways. gf just inhereted a house and some decent money so im movin to New Mexico <3
>>
>>71229781
>No the other papers were literally just objective and did not make any conclusions at all in them.

Like I said.

So it's a lie for you to say "97% Of Climate Scientists Agree Humans Causing Climate Change".
>>
>>71230125
Good.

Easier target here.
>>
>>71229967

so what if it was the hottest year? that's totally unrelated to the issue at hand, which is, "does mans activities change the temperature of the planet", which, if you really thought about it, would be a hilarious concept.
>>
>>71229839
be open minded and look at the argument from both sides. no gonna spoon feed you.

liberal argument: hur dur muh science people say it's true so you're a retarded young earth believer if you say it's not true. just like the rest of you dumb republicans.

conservative argument: look at your graphs and models- they haven't been accurate at all since this theory was first proposed, why should we believe the new models when they are based on the old?

liberal- hur dur sciences too smart for conservative mind i'm enlightened darwinist liberal science all the way man toke it
>>
>>71229976
>government is corrupt

corrupted by who?

>government pushes climate change alarmism to rake in shekels

The taxes they make on sales of oil and gas are something you and i do not even dream about.

>hurrr climate change can't be wrong

Man made climate change is a very real possibility. But think about it. If we take steps t move out of fossil fuels, we get less polution, fucking desert monkeys no longer rack up fortunes, and we live in a better place overall. Even if we later discover that man made climate change was fake, we changed the world for better.
>>
>>71229967
"Hottest year on record".

What record are you talking about? The climatological record? Or the modern meteorological record, which goes back only 140 years? Which is not the record climatologists use.
>>
>>71230238
>. no gonna spoon feed you.
>i have no evidence or citation for my position
>literally just talking out of my ass
yeah no sorry. not even gonna bother reading your driven if you have no evidence
>>
>>71230190
>"does mans activities change the temperature of the planet", which, if you really thought about it, would be a hilarious concept.

No it's not. Go learn sme science behind it.

If you think man can't affect climate, then how do you explain the China smog? The reefs blankening?
>>
>>71230519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCy_UOjEir0
>>
>>71230238
>liberal argument:

>conservative argument

wew lad, there is actually people like this in america?
>>
>>71223947
The question isn't whether or not climate change is happening the question is it going to be a bad thing. The study asking whether or not the effects of climate change will be negative is around 50%
>>
>>71229976
Right, so please explain to me how the government are making money by making people aware of their vvironmental impact on the planet and trying to get them to use less energy.

>>71230053
Have you looked at the amount of greenhouse emmisons that are being pumped out every year by factories, transportation etc. I don't know how you can believe there is no correlation between this and the rise in global temperature. The fact that climate change has occured before is not valid counter-evidence considering it has never risen at a quicker rate than it currently has been since the start of the industrial revolution, and we have data which can measure the climate from hundreds of thousands of years ago
>>
>>71230630
What Obama says about climate change as little to do with science behind. He his a politician, he says stuff to get votes. And popular knowledge about science is virtually always wrong.

Can you be a little less retard?
>>
>>71230784
And the acidification of seas?
>>
>>71230604

>>fart in room

>>room smells

man has caused climate change!

you realize a city full of smog appears as a pinpoint of light from space, horizontally, and vertically, it extends at most 1000 feet into an atmosphere 60 miles high?

>>71230846

the volume of """"so called greenhouse gases"""" man produces is something like t0.000001% of the volume of the atmosphere.
>>
>>71230630
>someone talking about obama
>literally nothing to do with any of the articles or papers published in the OP
0/10
>>
>>71229967
by how much?

oh wow? 1.69 OF ONE DEGREE C??

OMG PANIC PANIC PANIC

>>71230360
>corrupted by who?
jews, masons and shabbos goy

>>71230360
>The taxes they make on sales of oil and gas are something you and i do not even dream about.
and they only get away with it by pretending they are saving the planet by such high taxes

>Man made climate change is a very real possibility.
very real? you wot m8?

did you read atlas shrugs yet?
>>
The denial of climate change is a vast right wing conspiracy designed to keep the money in the kebab and jews' pockets
>>
>>71230965
>you realize a city full of smog appears as a pinpoint of light from space

My point is that man has caused change in a climate, and a pretty evident one, in a large scale.

>the volume of """"so called greenhouse gases"""" man produces is something like t0.000001% of the volume of the atmosphere.

So? try to ingest 0.000001% of your body mass in ricine
>>
>>71231108
>thinking kebab's matter
The majority of our energy is produced domestically and Saudi Arabia is increasingly irrelevant. I'm not sure how deep the infiltration of jews into the energy industry is, but I wouldn't think it would be alot.
>>
>>71230965
>the volume of """"so called greenhouse gases"""" man produces is something like t0.000001% of the volume of the atmosphere.

Boy I haven't heard that before. This is why I usually don't even bother arguing with idiots like you. Adios
>>
>>71230846
>Right, so please explain to me how the government are making money by making people aware of their vvironmental impact on the planet and trying to get them to use less energy.
taxes on energy, regulations that benefit "green" technology firms which they have stakes in(Cleggs wife and Camorons Father in Law have big stakes in wind farm companies), proposed taxes on carbon emissions

>>71231226
95% of GHG effects are from water vapor, of which humans create 0.001%
>>
>>71223947
>usuing the discredited 97% meme from the middle school tier James cook survey
Top kek
>>
>>71231107
>jews, masons and shabbos goy
kek, conspiratard

>pretending they are saving the planet by such high taxes

lol, you are so deluded.

>did you read atlas shrugs yet?

Are you serious? Of course you had to be a lolbertarian
>>
File: tumblr_nxpkq7F3nS1s78qmfo1_500.jpg (19 KB, 480x322) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpkq7F3nS1s78qmfo1_500.jpg
19 KB, 480x322
>>71223947
But what if the 3% remaining are right?
>>
>>71228713
>Dat monkey pout
>Dat subtle shake on his head
>Dat brain scramble
Nigger could probably got himself out of braindamage by showing sportsmanship.
>>
>>71231354
>95% of GHG effects are from water vapor, of which humans create 0.001%

Snowball effect. There is more water vapor because the world is hotter.
>>
>>71231226

you say that man has caused a change, but the only evidence for that is that is is change, which we know is always going to be a case, and that man exists.

furthermore the agencies telling us this, they are NOT trustworthy, and there are clear and obvious incentives for their actions, involving money and power.

>>71231289

you've said nothing, you've just insulted people for daring to not accept what a committee of hired "scientists" state, when we know what side their bread is buttered on, and we've discovered multiple instances where they've been told in no uncertain terms that only one conclusion is acceptable.

you can prove anything, with enough money.
>>
>>71230972
confirmed for not watching video
>>
>>71231376
This is bait thread

>>71231427
The we changed the world for better and took the only power disgusting sand monkeys and russians
>>
>>71231354
So things that haven't been put into place yet. Compare that to how much have they spent on environmental campaigns and efforts to reduce the carbon footprint, they don't seem to be very good at making money off it so far are they?
>>
>>71223947
So, the opinion of a scientist in the area of psychology is relevant to the global warming how?
>>
>>71231381
>kek, conspiratard
do you know what AIPAC is?

>lol, you are so deluded.
nice conjecture

>Are you serious? Of course you had to be a lolbertarian
I see, you can't read it because it might challenge you're retarted beliefs?

I guess you aren't so sure of those beliefs if you won't allow them to be challenged

typical lefty, believes everything they were told by their biased teachers and profs, never looks out of the box
>>
>>71231528
>agencies telling us this, they are NOT trustworthy, and there are clear and obvious incentives for their actions, involving money and power.

So climate scientist is involved in a world wide conspiracy to keep their 40k salaries? Scientists are very bad payed, especially the ones working for gov. Now the ones working for oil industry...

>you say that man has caused a change, but the only evidence for that is that is is change, which we know is always going to be a case, and that man exists.

wat?
>>
>>71231729
>they don't seem to be very good at making money off it so far are they
who's money are they spending on it?

their own? heh, thought not

and have people invested in so called green tech made money? or do they operate at a loss?

and who pays extra for green shit? oh, that's right, everyone
>>
97% of scientists used to agree there were 9 planets in the solar system too.
>>
>>71231802
Jews lobbying for better relations with a country made mainly be jews. It's nothing new. There is a equivalent with Italians iirc, and had some power back in the days. I think one exists by Irish

>I see, you can't read it because it might challenge you're retarted beliefs?

I don't care about economics, social sciences are beneath me. I'd rather read about history or Horus Heresy

>typical lefty
I am national leftist, one some of you would consider right, or even far right
>>
File: 1365534146770.jpg (54 KB, 409x338) Image search: [Google]
1365534146770.jpg
54 KB, 409x338
Do you guys really think global warming is a hoax or it's just a dank meme i'm unaware of?
>>
>>71231528
The burden of proof is on you. Please explain to us how this big conpiracy works then excatly, because this is something none you deniers seem to ever mention. Who is in charge of paying these thousands of scientists across the world to come to these conclusions? What is there motivation for this? WHen did they coem up with this plan? How have they managed to organise this "committee of hired scientists" from many different nations and convince all the separate governments to push the same agenda?
>>
>>71231996
>completely the same

>>71232109
They actually believe.

I think that they believ that if they suck rich cock enough, they will be given a chance later
>>
>>71232109
I think its potential negative impact is absurdly overblown.
>>
>>71223947
So 97% of scientists who took a position agree, but only 33% of scientists took a position.
Sounds like only 30% of scientists agree.

Can you say intellectual dishonesty?
>>
>>71229538
>>
>>71232086
jews controlling superpowers is nothing new?

yes, we know

>I don't care about economics, social sciences are beneath me
you are scared it will upset your POLITICALLY CORRECT indoctrinated mindset

>I am national leftist
an oxymoron
>>
>>71232206

you can't disprove a negative, so, no, it's not on me. its on you.

you are a very good goy...
>>
>>71223947
shit
>>
>>71223947
I'm not saying humans don't cause climate change, of course we do. But simply the fact that the overwhelming majority of scientists believe it isn't proof in itself. If you want to make a point these numbers don't help, but showing the evidence that leads scientist to believe it does.
>>
>>71231841
>So climate scientist is involved in a world wide conspiracy to keep their 40k salaries?

Look at feminism - simple to make some bucks every month by talking about nonsense. Easy to manipulate big companies and the politic by telling them bullshit.

If you can make easy money by telling a lie, why telling the truth?

Some guy invented "solar roadways" - he got a lot of money. It was a fraud and people believed in him, because they also believed in the human-made climate change.
>>
>>71231780
It only looks at climate scientists retard.
The real criticism is that they included the phrase "which took a position"
Only 1/3 of climate scientists took a position, but of them they almost all agreed.
>>
>>71232351
>jews controlling superpowers is nothing new?

What do yuo mean? controling how?

>national leftist
KEK, lol, i meant national socialist
>>
File: 1404231046529.jpg (111 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1404231046529.jpg
111 KB, 555x555
>>71223947
solution:
1) kill all niggers and muslims
2) purge asian and south american overpopulated cities
3) Cleanse the entire middle east
4) ???
5) profit
>>
>>71223947
NO SHIT!
STOP PUSHING PEOPLE INTO OIL DEPENDENT OVER-URBANIZED NATIONS JUST TO UP YOUR CHANCES OF FINDING A BUT BUDDY THEN!!
>>
>>71232359
Thanks for answering the question, I can see you have really thought this through. If a scientific theory is formed with evidence to support it, and you refuse to believe it, it is up to you to disprove it. If you believe there is a global conpiracy to make people believe in man-made climate change when it is in fact not true, it is up to YOU to prove it.
>>
>>71226070
Left-wingers don't want any opposing study. Right-wingers are just opposing left-wing views like retards instead of pointing out that they are just funding one-sided studies. Most people speculate that leftists just want a carbon tax.
>>
>>71232534
Ofc "climate scientists" would agree to this. if they would agree and say "NO, climate change is a lie", then they would lose their jobs, their university degree would be useless etc.
>>
>>71232494
What do you mean? That the largest conspiracy to this date was made to get some quickbux? There is actual science behind it. You can read, test it and come to your own conclusions. This is not a opinion kind of discussion, this is not discussing the sex of angels
>>
>>71232674
The scientific method is not perfect, and there are plenty of ways to manipulate data in order to support your hypothesis. That's why there are still plenty of climate scientists not on board with anthropogenic global warming
>>
>>71232745
Thats why 2/3rds of climate scientists refuse to take a position on the issue.
Science isn't meant to confirm your bias. You're supposed to keep an open mind
>>
>>71226070
It's because the Oil and Gas lobby would lose everything if we shifted away from fossil fuels, so they're doing everything in their power to buy influence. It's just right wingers are much more suspectiable to being corporate whores because they're the party of the wealthy elites.

What's really funny is just yesterday you had people on /pol/ trying to discredit Bill Nye since he wasn't a real scientist, he couldn't hold an opinion on Global Warming. Now you have an overwelming majority of Climate Scientists saying that it's happening and is man made. And you can see how the rationalizations change.

The /pol/'s cognitive dissonance never ceases to entertain.
>>
>>71232779
>actual science behind it.
THere is also science behind feminism, but more important is the quality! Look at all the models of climate change, they all failed. so much to accurate science.

>opinion kind of discussion, this is not discussing the sex of angels

Ofc it is not a opinion kind of discussion, because its all about money. Your opinion is irrelevant, they want more money!
>>
>>71232745
>if they would agree and say "NO, climate change is a lie",

If they did this, and prove iy without margin of error, they would be the greatest scientist of century, and would receive unlimited funding by oil companies.
>>
>>71226070
I believe in it but I don't give a fuck about the effects and think all the publications on global warming are alarmist as fuck

Even if the oceans do rise fuck New Orleans and the coast people I don't give a shit about them
>>
>>71232557
>What do yuo mean? controling how?
they own the media companies, they own hollywood, they have the most powerful lobby in america(in terms of money and power), which advocates for the interests OF A FOREIGN COUNTRY!!

they own the publishers, they own the largest internet sites, like faceburg and jewgle, and youtube of course

they own the big banks

they control the feminist groups, and the pro gay groups

they dominate the porn industry, and boast about how they do it to push degeneracy because they hate Christians

the started and control the NAACP

is your worldview really so fragile that you can't read atlas shrugs without it changing? I guess that is what you are admitting, can you admit it to yourself?

why call yourself lefty/pol/ if you are a natsoc?

and how can a natsoc not know about the jews?

something isn't right here
>>
>>71233082
>THere is also science behind feminism

What science?

> Look at all the models of climate change, they all failed. so much to accurate science.

source? Why they failed?
>>
>>71230946
Can be solved by, among other things, iron seeding.

Something the environmentally conscious governments seem almost determined not to to talk about.

Canada's actually conducted a raid on the lab of some leaf scientists after they reported very positive results. All their material and findings were taken.
>>
>>71233082
>THere is also science behind feminism
[citation needed]
>>
>>71232955
Yep, climate change is a lie, a myth to create more money. 2/3 of climate scientists know that, but they are not willing to tell the truth or go full corrupt scientist
>>
>>71223947

>97% of Muslims agree that Mohammad didn't have 8 year old sex slaves
>97% of North Koreans agree that the American capitalist pig dogs are the evil ones

what a dank fucking meme
>>
>climate scientists
>>
>>71233271
I never said there was a conspiracy, I'm merely pointing out academic dishonesty.
Saying 97% of scientists agree is a lie. It's 97% of 1/3rd of scientists agree.

But please, keep making strawman arguments. You're really helping your cause
>>
>>71233178
>What science?

You know, their manipulated statistics etc. Dont be a moron

>source? Why they failed?

are you stupid? How can you discuss about climate change, if you dont have the knowledge?
>>
>>71232745
The same could be said for any other theory. Do you refuse to believe in evolution simply because if biolgists say it wasn't true they wouldn't have a job?

>>71232849
No doubt, but if you believe all the climate data has been manipulated it's up to you to prove this. Or these other climate scentists who claim not to believe it to definitively prove otherwise, which they have failed to do.
>>
>>71233252
>>THere is also science behind feminism
[citation needed]

The same kind of science the climate scientists use, making up unrealistic models, reading data wrong, manpilating data etc.
>>
>>71233471
Do you even know what a strawmen is, because I havent used a strawmen-argument in years
>>
>>71226070
>"vaccinations cause autism" is a strawman
The real argument is that nobody knows the long term effects of injecting many vaccines all at once on children. They could have developmental effects as far as we know. This practice is mainly an American thing.

Although of course, there IS some stupid people who actually think any vaccine causes autism, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>71233170
>they have the most powerful lobby in america

Source?

>which advocates for the interests OF A FOREIGN COUNTRY!!

conservatives have a big hard on with Israel

>rest of the drivel

source?

>why call yourself lefty/pol/ if you are a natsoc?

I'm not fully natsoc, more of a mix betwen natsoc and scandinavian socialism

>natsoc not know about the jews?

You take to hearth everything people post here? Have you ever heard of stormfront?
>>
>>71233478
>Do you refuse to believe in evolution simply because if biolgists say it wasn't true they wouldn't have a job?

There is evidence for evolution, there is no evidence for climate change - just mental masturbation
>>
>>71224206
I love you, Georgian poster.
You could outbanter even an Aussie.
>>
97% scientists agree Canadians should be put down.
>>
>>71226302
SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, HERETIC!

YOU WILL BURN!
>>
File: 1448906209549.jpg (91 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1448906209549.jpg
91 KB, 763x652
>>71227061
>>
>>71226833
Fucking brilliant and criminally underrated.

Well done, retarded Norway.
>>
>>71232674
just look at the graph showig ALL the IPCC models predictions versus the actual observations

they were ALL wrong. now tell me why you still believe them

>>71233075
>Bill Nye
kek, bringing up a tv personality jew as evidence for anything

>>71233178
>source? Why they failed?
scroll up through the thread, or ctrl + F and search for cmip

why they failed? well, you idiot, because they weren't based on science. reality decided not to follow their predictions

>>71233478
>Do you refuse to believe in evolution simply because if biolgists say it wasn't true they wouldn't have a job?
it's a nice theory, and might be true, but there is no way to tell if it was given a helping hand or not, but either way, evolution isn't giving teh governement an excuse to cause my tax bill and fuel prices to go up, leaving the poor and old to freeze in the winter. I thought you lefty's pretended to care about the poor and old

>>71233478
>if you believe all the climate data has been manipulated it's up to you to prove this
never heard of climategate?

>>71233668
any argument I don't like?
>>
>>71233205
>among other things, iron seeding.

What is this?

>>71233471
The 97% is a strawman created by cuckservatives.

>>71233476
Statistics are not science. Statistics are just that, statistics.

>are you stupid? How can you discuss about climate change, if you dont have the knowledge?

Because i know smamrter and more educated people who devoted their adult life studying something might know more then me about something, with obvious little skepticism by my part
>>
File: soeducated.gif (324 KB, 401x353) Image search: [Google]
soeducated.gif
324 KB, 401x353
It also doesn't help that the naysayers claim that Earth has gone threw millions of years of warming and cooling and always believe at the same time that the Earth is only 6000 years old

>becuz muh god
>>
>>71233580
lol, go read some papers ffs
>>
File: jews aipac.png (1 MB, 1350x3570) Image search: [Google]
jews aipac.png
1 MB, 1350x3570
>>71233789
how long have you been on /pol/? years? and you ask these questions?

I've seen you posting with that faggoty trip many times

and again you refuse to answer about atlas shrugs, does it embarrass you that much that your pathetic indoctrinated brainwashed worldview is too fragile to be challenged?
>>
>>71233997
I've seen this, but i don0t really understand what is that. What does it mean?
>>
>>71234051
>The 97% is a strawman created by cuckservatives.
Are you serious? There's no way you can be this retarded.
It's been a major talking point of the left ever since the metastudy was published! Anytime climate change becomes a discussion, the left jumps to "97% of scientists agree!"
>>
>>71234051
>Because i know smamrter and more educated people who devoted their adult life studying something might know more then me about something
appeal to authority

check out the sticky, retard
>>
>>71223947
>>B-but the Chinese are paying them to say that so we can't get ahead!
>All 2412 of them.
Sure, sure. Whatever you say idiots
>>
>>71234278
I've been here for +-a year and half

I don't care about economics.
>>
>>71234051
Statistics are science. Data is not. Statistics is the science of learning from data.
FFS grow up
>>
>>71234330
>It's been a major talking point of the left

Sriously? This is an actual argument made by many "leftists" in America?
>>
>>71234321
it shows the prediction of the models, and the actual data

thus proving, unequivocally that they were all wrong

>>71234480
what do you care about?
>>
>>71234362
I replied all of your arguments with serious retorts. I didn't dismiss any of your arguments with an appeal to authority.
>>
>>71231226
That much ricin wouldn't actually be fatal to your average person, just so you know. You'd need roughly twice that amount to hit the median fatal dosage.
>>
>>71223947

I believe it's real
>>
>>71234480
>I don't care about economics.
It shows.
>>
>>71233822
Wrong, sorry if you want to keep your head in the sand but you can look up the evidence for yourself if you aren't a lazy fuck.

>>71233997
This fucking guy. You have proven you are clueless, yeah evolution is a nice theory bro, it "MIGHT" be true. How morons like you think you know more than real scientists is beyond me. And I'm not a lefty, you don't have to be a lefty to believe in man-made climate change, have some intelligence is enough
>>
>>71234553
You fail to understand how stupid leftists actually are.
>>
>>71226070
Why are libs against:
genetic engineering
sexual dimorphism
the genetic foundations of human variety
vaccines
transsexuality being a mental illness
ect.

Plenty of anti-science and non-objectivity on both sides of the American spectrum.
>>
>>71234542
Statistics are mathemathic. Statistics may be very well done, but don't mean anything. Statistics by themselves don't mean anything. They can be made to support claims.
>>
>>71234542
Statistics is a branch of math m8.
>>
>>71234642
your statement was an appeal to authority
>>
>How they got 97%

Pic.
>>
>>71234679
>look up the evidence for yourself if you aren't a lazy fuck.
You mean like constantly referencing material you don't ever source?
Who's job is it to do your homework exactly?

> And I'm not a lefty, you don't have to be a lefty to believe in man-made climate change
Yes you do. Belief in it is exactly the kind of meaningless argument leftists who don't understand the science spout to silence critics. It's not a religion- it's either a provable fact that you can demonstrate, or it's not, and this is not done via arguments to authority or popularity.
>>
>>71234592

>it shows the prediction of the models, and the actual data

Models made in? What do actual scientists have to say about this?

>what do you care about?

I care about my family, my country, my friends, my classes...

>>71234651
Ok, thanks m8
>>
>>71234957
>4
Yes, it was. But i wasn't dismissing any argument with only an appeal to authority.
>>
File: clip+(2015-12-31+at+04.52.50).png (395 KB, 2758x1348) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2015-12-31+at+04.52.50).png
395 KB, 2758x1348
>>71223947
Ctrl+F H20

This again leaf? Yes humans cause warming, however our planet is remarkably good at compensating for this. The world isn't going to end because we didn't tax all our local production to death.
>>
>>71234679
>you don't have to be a lefty to believe in man-made climate change, have some intelligence is enough
so what do you make of the fact that all the IPCC models failed to predict reality?

>>71234998
>Models made in? What do actual scientists have to say about this?
there you go again, appealing to your authority, "real" scientists

and still believing in a discredited claim

>>71235076
>Yes, it was
yes, it was
>>
>>71223947
>97% of climate "scientists" are desperate for money.
ftfy
>>
>>71234786
>>71234827
Statistics is a science which uses mathematics to study data. No different than the fact that physics is a science to study natural phenomena.
Statistics ARE a science. Every mathematician knows this
>>
>>71234986
You don't understand the science either, you're not a climate scientist, you aren't studying this stuff for a living. So what makes you think you know more about it than the majority of people who are?

>>71235171
>so what do you make of the fact that all the IPCC models failed to predict reality?
That means they were probably wrong, does that mean everything else is wrong?
>>
>>71223947
I'm surprised it's that few. Your telling me around 1 in 30 climate scientist doubt or deny it?

Also, this just in. 97% of breakfast scientist say that you should buy breakfast.
>>
>3000 BC
>100% of scientists agree, the sun revolves around the earth!
>>
>>71223947
who else would be causing it?
>>
>>71235579
>majority of people who are?
Only 30% of climate scientists agree that it's anthropogenic.
Last time I checked, 30% is not a majority
>>
>>71235675
>>71235675
>Science before the scientific method
American education everyone
>>
File: Black-Guy.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
Black-Guy.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
If you don't believe in the scientists
>The same community of people who got us to the moon, make our medicine, made the computer/internet you're using possible

Than you side with the oil tycoons, you're a wage slave.
>Same people that did 9/11, funds foreign wars, increasing income inequality

It's hilarious how you all think that these scientists are doing it for the money, but that big oil somehow has your best interest in mind

If 97% of the scientific community told you that humans aren't doing anything to the world, to eat what you want and kill who you want, you'd probably believe them then.

How much of a retarded wage slave can you be. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>71235588
It's actually 97% of the 1/3rd who have taken a position. 2/3rds of climate scientists haven't taken a position.
So it's only about 30% agree. But you can't argue that "the science is in!" With only 30%
>>
>>71223947
This is the thing that people don't realize about climate change. It's natural. There is lots of evidence that the composition of the atmosphere has changed many times, and drastically over the history of the planet. Just look at the multiple ice ages that have occurred before humans even started to release green house gases into the atmosphere. Are humans causing it to change in unnatural ways? Yes, absolutely, but it is going to change anyway, basically humans are accelerating the change, or potentially altering the type of change. We don't need to stop what we are doing to preserve our planet, we need to learn how to control the climate, no matter what we or the planet does to it.
>>
>>71226016
It gives colder winters and warmer summers.
>>
>>71235701
Indians and Chinese.
>>
>>71235951
>about climate change. It's natural.

Not at this rate.

Look up carbon isotopes
>>
>>71235725
Where the fuck are you pulling this from? The scientific consensus is that humans are causing it, that's no secret
>>
File: noahgraphic5.jpg (42 KB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
noahgraphic5.jpg
42 KB, 400x219
>>71226302
Except that people do. I know 3 physicians who were in my undergrad who I know 100% denied evolution, believed in noahs ark. I can't ask this to my colleagues now, I've learned to be slightly less autistic

I know many other religous people who would widely be regarded as intelligent talk about stories like they aren't a myth
>>
File: AGW position.jpg (69 KB, 766x489) Image search: [Google]
AGW position.jpg
69 KB, 766x489
>>71235838
Fuck off preto.

Until you can actually MODEL climate change accurately, I will never subscribe to this ridiculous notion that human emissions are perpetuating what is essentially part of a fucking CYCLE.
>>
File: 1378617186259.png (108 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1378617186259.png
108 KB, 1440x1080
>>71236247
>>
>>71235838
>Global thermodynamic predictions before the perfection of the study of global thermodynamics
Totally different, I'm sure.
>>
Jews control science now

don't trust them
>>
>>71236288
Note: some of those """models""" were retroactively adjusted to fit the earlier data.

Ridiculous.
>>
>>71235852
Scientists didn't take us to the moon. Mathematician and engineers did.
Scientists didn't make the computer or the internet. Programmers did.
You got medicine though, but that's an testable controllable set of experiments, that takes lots of trial and error to get right.
Observational science is more fragile than that, since you aren't controlling anything.
>>
>>71223947

Albert Einstein was part of the 1% and he's still being proven right today.

Popsci pseudoscience climate change faggots BTFO
>>
>>71236138
holy fuck you literally did not even finish reading the post, literally 2 sentences later I say: "Are humans causing it to change in unnatural ways? Yes, absolutely, but it is going to change anyway, basically humans are accelerating the change, or potentially altering the type of change." You are literally retarded.
>>
>>71223947
epin copypasta I made and keep posting in these threads because you dumb faggots can never come up with answers that aren't "hurr just google it m8 like a lot of scientists agree but never published their methodology or anything, they just agree so appeal to authority":

Prove it is:

A: happening (which I don't doubt).

B: can be directly linked to human actions like burning fossil fuels

C: post specifics, how the parts the humans are doing is actually significant. Like what percent is our fault.

D: post specifics, about just how fast "climate is changing" since "global warming" is no longer the meme term. I want real statistics like "we are getting X warmer every year and I will have to worry about it in Y years becuase Z happened and is devastating"

E: post specifics, about just why I should give two fucks if hipsters faggots have to move their shitty cities 2 miles inland while I pay for retarded infrastructure that would probably cost more

F: if all of that is all real and shit, why I would care if it's as tragic as the lefty faggots think, when they're all just destroying our countries and children's futures with mass immigration of mudslimes and taconiggers and increased socialism to support these subhumans

G: Explain how wind turbines that are complete and utter shit, cost more fossil fuels to build and transport and assemble and shit than they save over their liftime and only work in wind, but not too much wind so you have to use tradition power sources anyway, how solar isn't complete shit that get ruined by dust, only works during the day, without clouds or fog or any retard with an umbrella is within 20 miles

H: Explain why we should be pouring billions of my taxpayer money into this when it is proven the private sector is many times more efficient than any government grant program or research fund. If a company makes and patents the next big innovation in energy, they will quite literally become one of the biggest companies in existence
>>
>>71235579
>That means they were probably wrong, does that mean everything else is wrong?
ok, and why were they wrong?

because they didn't understand reality?

>>71235852
>It's hilarious how you all think that these scientists are doing it for the money,
oh, they work for free?

>>71236288
exactly
>>
>>71223947

BREAKING: 97% of people whose continued employment & research funding depends upon them agreeing that humans are causing climate change agree that humans are causing climate change.
>>
File: 1456718864915.jpg (58 KB, 262x312) Image search: [Google]
1456718864915.jpg
58 KB, 262x312
There's absolutely no data for this "study" that predates when humans began outputting artificial emissions. Real scientists would acknowledge the fact that you need a much, much larger sample size to come to a conclusion.

It's a scam anyway. The end goal is to give government agencies more power, and increase tax revenue yet again.
>>
>>71236408
>The physics said engineers, mathematicians had to work around somehow isn't science.
Not to mention all the chemistry that went into the fuel, and materials that built the space craft.

Yeah, go ahead and kill thyself.
>>
>97% of these people who's only purpose in their career is to say this shit exists, say this shit exists
I just don't see it. I don't doubt it's true but I'd like to see some 3rd party tests not by state climatologists.
>>
>>71236162
Literally the study OP referred to.
It's wording is that "of the scientists who have taken a position, 97% agree that global warming is anthropogenic"
It also shows that only about a third of scientists have taken a position. Therefore, 97% of 1/3rd is about 30%. Therefore 30% of scientists agree.

It's called reading the study and not blindly believing whatever you're told. Your "consensus" isn't even half of all scientists
>>
>>71236247
>97% is a falacy!!!!! OMG!!!
>Here is this graph that says that not all scientists believe in AGW.

>>71236288
Those models were made when? By who? what do the scientific community says about this? I will not pretend to know everything about climate change.

>>71236349
kek
>>
97% is paid by gov. fundings.
>>
>>71236661

Actually, their purpose is to just observe and record. They get paid no matter what the results say, we as a world need information about ecosystems regardless of what the results say.

We need it for resource management for one thing.
>>
>>71236840
Their findings effect future grant opportunities. Sure anyone can come out and say whatever they found, but they might get blackballed
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.