[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
debate school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1458047187957.png (5 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1458047187957.png
5 KB, 219x230
guise, i know that /pol/ is memes an sheeeit but what would you think about, lets say, weekly thread in which we would teach ourselves techniques how to speak to crush/persuade the opposition?
>>
>how to speak to crush/persuade the opposition

How do you do it?
>>
>>71152663
why dont you just make one instead of asking a 2d chinese girl imageboard
>>
>>71152861
making one would require work, and without proper reception that would be work wasted.
and i dont like wasting my effort.
>>71152822
that would be the topic of the future thread, there is literally SHITTON of techniques
>>
>>71152663
most of the opposition of /pol/ is leftist retards (I think). The only thing you can do is present facts or ask them to prove their opinions. Then they'll get mad and call you names like bigot or racist. They probably won't change their opinions unless they have a life altering event.
>>
>>71153312
i find those skills useful in general and its not like you argue only with brainwashed leftists is it so?
>>
>>71152663
You don't need to persuade people if you are speaking the truth, you just need to speak such that they will actually listen to what you are saying.
>>
>>71154266
thats not true
>>
>>71153312
>I'm superior to others
>why can we have open debate
>>
>>71154437
It is. You don't have to convince someone of the truth, you have to present them with facts and force them to abandon their biases. They'll only follow a lie if they created it or benefit from it.
>>
>>71154611
you are contradicting yourself already m8
>You don't need to persuade people if you are speaking the truth,
>They'll only follow a lie if they created it or benefit from it.
>>
>>71154611
>>71154730
besides that, there are other points,
first of all, most of the situations that are debatable are when there is no single obvious 'truth' i.e abortion or religion
>>
>>71154611
>>71154730
>>71154986
another thing is, what if it was you that benefitted from the lie and wanted to spread it
>>
>>71154611
>>71154730
>>71154986
>>71155113
and final, most important thing
>>71154266
>you just need to speak such that they will actually listen to what you are saying.
what do you think persuasion is?
>>
>>71154730
That is a bit of a contradiction, my bad. I was talking about people who aren't personally invested in a false ideology but just follow it for social reasons, which is most people in my opinion. They'll abandon a lie if you can get them to actually consider contrary evidence.

People who are invested in a lie are a different story and probably can't be convinced.
>>
>>71154986
That's a good point. That is where persuasion would come in I guess, because you're showing them your point of view rather than an objective truth.

>>71155113
I'd call the deception, not persuasion.

>>71155248
We're arguing semantics here, but AFAIK persuasion is like I said above: conveying something subjective rather than objective.
>>
>>71155614
>We're arguing semantics here
>I'd call the deception, not persuasion.

well then, to synchronize our dictionaries
for me the craft of persuasion is the whole of convincing someone, that includes basic psychological reading, articulation, argumentation, et al.

doesnt matter what you want to convince someone to, just the act of convincing
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.