[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me in bio >Prof starts talking about evolution >Raise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
>Be me in bio
>Prof starts talking about evolution
>Raise hand and call him out on it's failings and general bullshit
>Tells me to get the fuck out and resumes lecture
>Every other liberal cuck in the lecture hall starts laughing

Considering that even our institutions are shoving this "theory" down our throat and censoring all opposition, how fucked are we?
>>
>>71143024

Kill yourself Cletus
>>
I think the problem isn't that you don't believe in evolution, it is that the professor did not allow another opinion. After all, evolution is a theory, despite many cases of evidence supporting it.
>>
>>71143503
>after all, gravity is a theory, despite many cases of evidence supporting it.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71143503

> be in anatomy class
> starting the brain
> prof says the brain is the organ of thought
> raise my hand and point out this is just a theory and Aristotle's views about the heart deserve consideration
> get thrown out
> muh injustice
>>
things that didn't happen for $200, alex
>>
>>71143024
>not supporting something that instantly lets you blow out women, fags and non-whites with objective biological facts as to why they're inferior

christcucks at it again
>>
>>71143024
Sue him for the lulz, tell you were raped
>>
>>71143635
kek
>>
>>71143024
Using that quote from Darwin when we have since demonstrated that complex structures can arise by evolution is like using the quote from Lord Kelvin saying evolution is impossible because the Earth is only 10 million years old.
>>
>>71143024
This is very surprising for me that you in the USA have gigantic, literally gigantic, knowledge gap. No one would say that kind of bullshit (that means "evolution is a lie!") even here, in conservative Poland.
>>
>>71144072
Also the quote itself is taken out of context. Darwin then said:
>When it was first said that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense of mankind declared the doctrine false; but the old saying of Vox populi, vox Dei, as every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in science. Reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to its possessor, as is certainly the case; if further, the eye ever varies and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case; and if such variations should be useful to any animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory. How a nerve comes to be sensitive to light, hardly concerns us more than how life itself originated; but I may remark that, as some of the lowest organisms, in which nerves cannot be detected, are capable of perceiving light, it does not seem impossible that certain sensitive elements in their sarcode should become aggregated and developed into nerves, endowed with this special sensibility.
>>
>>71143503
>evolution is a theory, despite many cases of evidence supporting i
You don't even know the definition of "theory".
>>
>>71143024
You are a dumbass OP
>>
>>71143024
>TFW one post makes me want to download the US State Flags extension for 4chan
>>
>>71144072
kek
>>
>>71144459
Is that a thing? I had no idea.
>>
>>71145282
I've heard about it from time to time, some people like to use that to expand their flag collecting.
>>
>>71143635
Saxon trying to make it out as if not believing in the theory of evolution is equivocally like not believing the brain is an organ of thought.
>>
>>71143635
>not knowing sarcasm or shit posting
>>
>If you believe in Creation, you absolutely cannot believe in Evolution
You people are jackasses.
>>
>>71143609
gravity isn't real you dumb nigger. If it was real then why hasn't the sun fallen into us yet?
>>
>>71145329
I need to get on adding that. Might help me spot where all the ignorant dipshits are coming from.
>>
>>71143024
Good to know redneck creationists are still trying to infiltrate the biology field. I rather have you guys instead of the SJWs.
>>
>>71145525

If you believe life was magically created to begin with why would you assume it was natural forces that caused it to change over time?
>>
>>71143609
gravity is just a theory too. we can observe that things fall but its only a theory that they fall because of gravity
>>
>>71146015
Redneck? Hardly. I'm in engineering but I'm in awe that this bullshit infiltrated the scientific community. Funny to see retards like you continuously being memed by it though.
>>
>>71146089
Why can't God have put into place the natural forces that caused it to change over time? Why does everything have to be so black and white to you?
>If one thing is true, the other must also then be false
>>
>>71146314

Well aside from the fact there's no evidence that God did it's pointless at best. It adds nothing and explains nothing. It's literally just using God to fill in a gap in our knowledge instead of attempting to understand it better.
>>
>>71146444
>Pretty much the point of religion entirely
>>
>>71146444
Having a supreme being creating us makes more sense than evolving from monkeys.
>>
>>71144195
I don't think evolution is a lie, but it utterly fails to explain the existence of humanity on this world.
>>
>>71144195
>No one would say that kind of bullshit (that means "evolution is a lie!") even here, in conservative Poland.
That is because you people are retarded peasants
>>
Seriously, science cannot explain mankind. At all.
>>
>>71147781
We evolved alongside monkeys from a common ancestor
>>
>>71148216
Science can't explain anything
>>
>>71146444
>there is evidence that Catholic God exists
>there is evidence for Darwinistic evolution

What other evidence do you need?
>>
>>71147781
>Having a supreme being creating us makes more sense than evolving from monkeys.

If I had a fucking nickel every time I've heard this same shit from """""""""""people""""""""""" who don't have the single slightest clue about evolution or how it works.

Here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS62TkYOVGQ

Watch and listen.
>>
>>71147948
>but it utterly fails to explain the existence of humanity on this world.
No it doesn't.
>Seriously, science cannot explain mankind. At all.
Yes it can. You're simply ignorant of the science.
>>
>>71148318
please tell me you posted this video ironically
>>
>>71148393
You can't explain human consciousness
>>
>>71146121
And the fact that we observe gravitation interactions not only on planet earth, but in our solar system, every other observable solar system and indeed every galaxy as well.

Maybe you should stop trying to introduce doubt about things we have a solid understanding of you fucking inbred faggot.
>>
File: 1460339554195.png (311 KB, 928x960) Image search: [Google]
1460339554195.png
311 KB, 928x960
>>71146121
>believing gravity is real
>>
>>71148469
Does an elephant has consciousness?
>>
>>71148433
Not an argument.
>>
>>71148592
I never said I could explain it
>>
>>71143024
A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!“

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

"Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.
>>
>>71143024
retard
>>
>>71148393
It is unknown where humanity came from and how old it is. Why are we dependent on technology for survival? Other species don't need tech just to survive. Why do we have so many health issues? Other species don't even have 1/100th of all the afflictions humans have to deal with. Something is terribly wrong. I don't believe the "Adam and Eve" thing, but the "humans just evolved" thing is equally ridiculous.
>>
>>71143024

if darwin said that how can we have darwins evolution theory today?

checkmate jews
>>
How can math be real if it's just a theory [a Gauss]?
>>
>>71148693
Exactly, because you are ignorant of the science, I guarantee you would not say the same were you a neuroscientist.
>>
>>71148693
I think you were implying that the theory of evolution can't explain human consciousness.
>>
>>71148317
>>there is evidence that Catholic God exists

Such as?
>>
fact: christcucks are the second worst blight on the white race, after leftists
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 520x390
>>71143609
>gravity is a centuries-old theory
>we just observed gravitational waves for the first time two months ago
yes, gravity and evolution are theories. we can alter the model to fit new data, or we can construct new systems. they are by no means set in stone.
>>
>>71148739
>Why are we dependent on technology for survival?
we really aren't, but tech helps
>Why do we have so many health issues
because
1. we live longer, get old and things start to go wrong
2. we care for the sick so they remain around
3. we actually diagnose
4. lifestyle
>>
>>71148838
>>71148846
I was saying science cannot explain human consciousness
That is a fact
>>
>>71148739
>It is unknown where humanity came from and how old it is.

No it isn't.

Is this just trolling or are you really this uneducated? I can't even tell. Poe's Law in effect.
>>
>>71147781
Literal rerard
>>
>implying you can prove anything

YOU CAN'T KNOW NOTHIN'!

Signed,

Tautology.
>>
>>71148739
>It is unknown where humanity came from and how old it is
Wrong. The evolutionary record for humans is well established.
>>
>>71148993
The exact mechanics are not completely clear.
But human consciousness is a result of the incredibly complicated brains we have, which evolved over time.

Smarter and smarter species survived over time. It was bound to happen in some sense.
>>
File: 1459452691818.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1459452691818.gif
2 MB, 300x290
>>71149083
>>71149135
>>
>>71143024
>>Every other liberal cuck in the lecture hall starts laughing

kek
>>
Most dreadful thing about Americans is that you never know if they are dead serious or trolling. It's 50-50.
>>
>>71149232
>which evolved over time

Blew it.
>>
>>71148318

does this guy puts bananas in his ass ?
>>
File: checkmate atheists.jpg (33 KB, 593x310) Image search: [Google]
checkmate atheists.jpg
33 KB, 593x310
To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree. When it was first said that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense of mankind declared the doctrine false; but the old saying of Vox populi, vox Dei, as every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in science. Reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist, each grade being useful to its possessor, as is certainly the case; if further, the eye ever varies and the variations be inherited, as is likewise certainly the case and if such variations should be useful to any animal under changing conditions of life, then the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
>>
>>71148993
No it is not, at all, human consciousness is an amalgamation of several thousand brain chemical and electrical interactions as input gathered by the senses which is then interpreted by that brain, the brain then releases chemicals which causes emotions.

Seriously go read a book, the fact that you don't know this is depressing, for fucks sake man you live in the US, you can be as learned as you want to be and you sit there in ignorance spouting toxic and false claims.
>>
>>71149254

It is because we are the best at both.
>>
>>71149241
Nice argument.
>>
>>71149232
>The exact mechanics are not completely clear.
So you cant explain it
>>
>>71148993
I understood that you were implyting that consciousness only exist in humans.
>>
>>71149346
I can.
It's the brain.
>>
>>71149241
>>71149268
Troll.

>>71149276
Not that I'm aware of. He's a scientist and researcher.

Just watch it.
>>
>>71149282
>No it is not, at all, human consciousness is an amalgamation of several thousand brain chemical and electrical interactions as input gathered by the senses which is then interpreted by that brain, the brain then releases chemicals which causes emotions
Ok and how does that all manifest in being aware instead of just happening
>>
>>71149246
>Every other normal person who hasn't delegated their perception of the world to either a supreme being or a conspiracy website.
Fixed.
>>
>>71149346

If I have a 1000 piece puzzle that is missing just one piece out of it, I can still see and understand the picture it makes. Absolute knowledge is not required for understanding.
>>
>>71149333
Well, what you said is a bunch of bluepilled bullshit. Human existence cannot be explained, and if that's wrong, we're not allowed to know the truth.

However, we are not just slightly less retarded apes that just happen to be here, that much is clear.
>>
>>71149427
At at what point does something become consciousness?
Are animals or computers conscious?
>>
>>71149427
Not an argument.
>>
>>71145555
that is bullshit, but i believe it

nice quads
>>
>>71149456
The problem is science is not a puzzle where each piece is independent
It is a chain which is only as strong as its weakest link
>>
>>71149441
I'm not trolling. Evolutionary biology explains the origin of species, but it cannot excplain why humanity exists, probably never will, and thus can never be used by fedoras as an argument against people who believe humanity has been created.
>>
Why do atheists think that all theories can, and should, be be subject to scrutiny except the theory of evolution?
>>
With all the Cruz shitposters here lately, whether shills or just trolls from a raid, I suspect much of the evolution denying retards are just shitposters.
>>
>>71149519
No, their brains are simpler/ don't exist
>>71149552
not a counter-argument
>>
>>71149446
Because we can store memories and predict things based on those previous memories.

I'm done here you are obviously just taking things from my posts and pedantically rephrasing them to a different question with no intent of actually understanding them.
If you want to have a discussion, fine, but don't act like a child.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_14-17-45_959.jpg (1 MB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_14-17-45_959.jpg
1 MB, 1840x3264
I want all of you to pick up one of these. Read it all. Then debate on the subject. Don't have to be csu.
>>
>>71149684
This
>>
Evolution is an established fact with a lot of evidence to back it up. Prey tell, why don't you "enlighten" us on what you called him out on?
>>
>>71149746
Again, I am not denying evolution, I just believe humanity is not a product of evolution. That's not contradictory.
>>
File: 1452599058284.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452599058284.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>71143024

I think we all know what actually happened was you loudly interrupted a lecture with memes and got told to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>71149684
>Evolutionary biology explains the origin of species, but it cannot excplain why humanity exists

There is no why.

>>71149716
Is this a serious question or are you just shitposting for bantz?
>>
>>71149790
Or literally just read thinkorigins
>>
>>71149840
>There is no why.

You're insane.
>>
>>71149790
i've studied genetics and biology as a part of my degree
>>
>>71149790
>Colorado

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71149840
It's a serious question
>>
>>71143024
Hello JIDF.
>>
>>71149684
Humans aren't special. Evolution covers all species, not "all species except humans".

>>71149716
Evolution has been tested countless times. Just because you choose to ignore the results doesn't mean they aren't there.
>>
>>71149716
Because evolution is the core tenet of their religion, progressivism
Questioning it is heresy
>>
File: 1459282374585.jpg (68 KB, 532x485) Image search: [Google]
1459282374585.jpg
68 KB, 532x485
>>71149833
>I am not denying evolution, I just believe humanity is not a product of evolution

I suspect I am being rused.
>>
>>71149785
>Because we can store memories and predict things based on those previous memories.
so can a calculator
>>
>>71149876
Why can evolution not explain hunanity?
>>
>>71149475
>Blue pilled
Go jerk off to trump threads mongoloid.

>slightly less retarded apes
Yeah, because Human beings currently have JUST a little more knowledge than apes...

>Human existence cannot be explained, and if that's wrong, we're not allowed to know the truth.
Religion kids, not even once.
>>
>>71143024
fucking retard. people like you are the reason america is going to shit
>>
>>71149978
You don't have to accept that literally every species evolved to accept evolutionary theory, in general. Do you know how retarded you sound?
>>
>>71149876
There is no "why" needed because "why" is an emotional appeal and not a factual one.

>>71149909
Then you're extremely ignorant. Like backwoods isolated from normal society ignorant.
>>
>>71149947
Tell me how macro-evolution has been proven in a lab
>>
File: 1460057815984.jpg (30 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
1460057815984.jpg
30 KB, 480x477
>>71145512
>shitpost
>replied to by shitposts
>gets angry at other shitposts
>being this autistic
>>
>>71143024
>the fact that they teach evolution in leftist dominated schools rings alarm bells to me

Evolution is a jewish lie.

Also niggers believe in evolution and they also believe that white people came from DA BLACK KWEEN.
>>
>>71149684
You see this is the problem.

People who can't accept that their life is not important. That cannot see how the universe would carry on without humans.

Protip: EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME.
>>
>>71149947
>Humans aren't special. Evolution covers all species, not "all species except humans".

Are you actually pretending we're just one of many species on this planet? Not different from the rest whatsoever?

Well if you do, then you're either the naive one, or the guy who's only pretending.
>>
>>71150046
You don't *have* to accept it, no. But the evidence (especially the more recent genetic evidence) massively supports it being true.
>>
>>71150046
>You don't have to accept that literally every species evolved to accept evolutionary theory, in general.

YES YOU FUCKING DO.

ARE YOU COMPLETELY GODDAMN RETARDED?
>>
>>71150137
Sure, we're not special.

But you know what we also aren't? A product of evolution. If we are, someone needs to prove that.
>>
>>71150100
>refuses to answer the question because he doesn't know how to respond
How can you claim to be a scientist if you're afraid to scrutinize theories?
>>
>>71150122
If you believe in evolution, you can drop your racism right now.

Because your so called 'race' evolved out of Africa.
>>
>>71150015
I'm sorry are you just pointing out the fact that calculators can store numbers?
Or do you have a point?
>>
File: 562.png (23 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
562.png
23 KB, 200x200
>>71143503
>>
>>71150187
There are more ways for a species to emerge than just evolution.
>I don't believe humanity evolved from apes
isn't the same as
>GOD MADE US IN HIS IMAGE ADAM AND EVE DURR
>>
>>71150257
There is no test for whether something in conscious because we have no idea
>>
>>71148848
Eucharistic miracles
>>
>>71149684
>Evolutionary biology explains the origin of species, but it cannot excplain why humanity exists

Humanity is something culturally created so biology can't explain it.

Humans exist because some especies evolved adjusting to their envioroment and thousand of years later here we are.

And the only objective of life is to survive and spread itself.
>>
>>71143635
The fucking autists on this board I fucking swear.

HAI GAIZ MY LOL DUMB LIBTARD PROF TRIED TO SAY EVOLUTION WAS REAL BUT I REDPILLED HIM HARD AND HE KICKED ME OUT.
>>
>>71150207
>But you know what we also aren't? A product of evolution. If we are, someone needs to prove that.

It has been proven. Multiple times. You're either dishonest or trolling.

>>71150217
Evolution is constantly scrutinized and has been since the theory began. There is a multitude of empirical evidence and proof to back it up

You're an absolute liar.
>>
File: 2016-04-16_14-25-33_693.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_14-25-33_693.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>71149860
No that shit is pleb teir.
Read this shit nigga youll learn something for once damn coon.

>>71149894
Neat.
>>
>>71149282

whooooooo and by some luck all those chemicals are on the right level to make you feel normal.. There is no right or wrong, but yet when you use drugs those chemicals rise and you feel your self better and above normal.
would you lack serotonine you would be in a constant state off depression, but here we are , we call deppresing a sickness and not normal. but this is all by luck, add dopamine and we would halucinate.Ii think i can come up with a lot more but it is al by luck
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (208 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
208 KB, 640x480
>>71150141
Evolution explains human intelligence perfectly well you fucknugget. Or are you gonna say that there is no gradation of intelligence in animals? That learning QUICKLY to react to different stimulus isn't an advantage in surviving and passing on your genes?
>>
File: 1456577557162.png (105 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1456577557162.png
105 KB, 512x384
>>71150369
>>
>>71143024
Most conservatives believe in evolution.
Darwin was a Christian theologian.

You're the only one getting cucked here.
>>
>>71150207
Give me a more plausible explanation then.
I expect you to come up with literally thousands of proofs for this explanation as well, because that is what you would need to do to introduce scientific doubt about such a concrete theory.
>>
>>71150410
>a question is a lie
>>
>>71150410
>It has been proven. Multiple times.

wrong
>>
>>71150110
Firstly there is no distinction between macro and micro evolution.

a) Fossil record
b) Genetic evidence, ie the sequencing of Neanderthal DNA.
3) Genetic differences among non-functional DNA (genetic distance) varies as evolution predicts.
>>
>>71143635
Getting a /pol/ shoved up your ass.
>>
>>71143024
What's your alternative theory pray tell?
>>
File: 1382541311525.gif (2 MB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1382541311525.gif
2 MB, 286x210
>>71150334
>There are more ways for a species to emerge than just evolution.

No there isn't.

Provide examples if otherwise.
>>
>be professor in university
>trying to teach retarded class about evolution, a topic they should have understood by their freshman year of highschool
>some downy kid in the back of the class with the WWJD bracelet inturrupts my classroom and starts trying to explain to me why i'm wrong
>tell him to GTFO my classroom
>he runs out pouting and leaves me with a disrupted class full of liberals.
>>
>>71145435
It pretty much is though
>>
>>71143024
>>Raise hand and call him out on it's failings and general bullshit

Do share these scientific critiques with us. (citing any "evidence" from scripture doesn't count)
>>
There's no evidence to support evolution other than faulty carbon dating and some crude changes in microevolution that could easily be dismissed as something else.

Evolution fags show me stupid little studies on a fucking moth and some other stupid bullshit.

It doesn't matter how much "data" you have that supports something. If you can't prove that it happens or happened, then it's not credible.

The only reason you choose to believe in evolution is because you fear believing in an all powerful creator.

This will be responded to by insults and links to insignificant studies.
>>
>>71143024
Evolution to me is one of the most impressive of modern ideas. Created by a man not even aware of the cell, any and all research into it has actually disproved it, yet it's everywhere and any words against it are met with derision and laughter instead of arguments by people who do not even know the difference between the words micro and macro.

I am glad I was born Ashkenazi. A millennia of spinning bullshit makes it very easy to spot it.
>>
>>71150503
Which part do you disagree?
>>
>>71150352
Yes we do, humans have been doing it since the dawn of civilization, and continue to do so.
Its called consensus.
The only difference now is that we have found guidelines to find consensus called the scientific method.
>>
>>71143024
OP, your post just reminded me what happens when a /pol/ user posts a thread on sci
>>
>>71146156
>I'm in engineering
That really does explain it.
>>
>>71150531
It's not a question. You're outright lying when you say evolution is not scrutinized.

>>71150561
And you're also now lying and denying facts.
>>
>>71143024
Let it go. You're wrong. Creationism is even worse.
>>
>>71150702
>implying you can only disprove evolution with the Bible.

Trudeau cuck 4 lyfe. Your country and leader are a joke.
>>
>>71150395
I would have paid money to see this happen.
Because it didn't.
None of these faggots would have the stones.
>>
>>71150721
It's because they don't want people believing in God.
>>
>>71150529
Could be anything. Who knows? People aren't even allowed to research in this direction. Either you swallow the established "facts" or we throw you out of our university in a fit of rage because we're so damn right.
>>71150643
People have successfully engineered bacteria. In theory, this means lifeforms can be devised by other lifeforms.
>>
>tfw /pol/ doesn't know the definition of theory
>>
File: 1417625891949.jpg (40 KB, 640x502) Image search: [Google]
1417625891949.jpg
40 KB, 640x502
>>71150715
>>
>>71150207
The proof that we are is far more compelling than the proof that you have for your theory. You're essentially making shit up with no basis in anything substantive.
>>
>>71150725
>humanity is a social construct
>>
If you believe in evolution, tell me why you hate black people?

You know your race evolved out of Africa right? You know you were once Africans right?
Africa is your real homeland, not Europe, you mearly settled there after leaving Africa.

Racists btfo.
>>
>>71150771
>>
>>71150867
>People have successfully engineered bacteria.

In a lab. Using data from previous life which evolved via evolution.

Jesus fucking christ you're dumb.
>>
>>71150905
Just like atheism
>>
>>71150446
Yes, that is vaguely how it works.

What is your point?
>>
>>71150459
that octopus is living it up
>tfw complex eyes AND comfy coconut shell house
>>
>>71149282
>Seriously go read a book

Go read David Chalmers, pleb
>>
>>71150768
Rednecks have way more ingenuity and common sense when it comes to practical things like engineering. More than a nigger or some little cuck from mom's house in suburbs, Connecticut.
>>
>>71150925
In the time of the neanderthals they have a concept such as humanity?
>>
>>71150806
Damn dude. You're smart. How did you do that?
>>
>>71150925
>existence is a social construct
>>
>>71150715
If by "insignificant studies" you mean the ones that show the genetic differences between organisms perfectly matches up with what we'd expect if evolution were true, sure...

These are covered in literally every textbook on the subject. You clearly haven't examined the evidence so are in no position to make claims about it.
>>
>>71150923
>The proof that we are is far more compelling

No it's not
If it was, we'd resemble all the other lifeforms around us. But we are radically different, that should be obvious to anyone. Yet here we have biologists who pretend we're just walking talking animals.
>>
>>71150946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS62TkYOVGQ

Facts and data trump the "Cobb county board of education". Which sounds like a creationist place.
>>
>>71144072
>we have since demonstrated that complex structures can arise by evolution
No we haven't. Demonstrated as in theory not as in practical fact or observational history and reality.

What has been "demonstrated" amounts to little more than piss and filth. You have to have faith in order to believe such pseudoscientific nonsense. And that means your belief is no different than any religious claim or belief. You will even defend your belief when it is challenged all the same even though its foundation in this instance is literally nothing but toss
>>
>>71150980
So what's to say humans weren't engineered using data from previous lifeforms?
>>
>>71150946
>yfw when you realize texas makes textbooks for the entire country
>>
>>71151095
We're the most advance species on the face of the Earth, and if you deny this than your fucking retarded
>>
>>71151111
yeah it is
I fucking live there, it's a hick suburb of Atlanta
>>
>>71150982
Atheists are always open to evidence. You have absolutely none.
>>
>>71150980
>In a lab. Using data from previous life which evolved via evolution.

I know. So what? Fact remains.
>>
>>71150507
This.
/pol/ OPs tries to be the more far right as it possible can to get the most agreement and contradiction posts as they can.

I've never met anyone who seriously debates evolution in real life and I live a really conservative county.
Well, that's not true, I should say I've never met anyone who isn't a preacher who debated evolution in real life.
>>
>>71151174
Where's your evidence?

>>71151199
I knew it.
>>
>>71151078
Ive heard it all. Enlighten me some more, though. I'll simply destroy whatever you present to me.

The data retrieved from these studies does not prove that evolution happened, it simply shows there are some similarities between species. Big fucking deal. That doesn't prove shit.
>>
>>71148700
Nice meme.
>>
>>71151111
>a literal fedora
Uh, nice quads at least
>>
>>71151221
Is that why atheists reject everything I say before I'm done finishing a sentence? Also, most of their "responses" are insults, not arguments
>>
File: fuckingseriously.gif (995 KB, 245x190) Image search: [Google]
fuckingseriously.gif
995 KB, 245x190
>>71151229
>>
>>71150905
Atheists are no different. Nice rebuttal.
>>
>>71151236
>/pol/ OPs tries to be the more far right as it possible can to get the most agreement and contradiction posts as they can.
This
And it always works
>>
>>71150983

what my point is that without a creator there is no good or bad how can our feelings be fine tuned on normal .

just another mystery how lucky we are just like the fine tuning of the universe.
>>
>>71143024
>pay for education
>get kicked out of lecture for asking a question
top cuck
>>
>>71149280
Literally billions of years.
>>
>>71143024
Evolution is a thing, just like your autism and bait thread
>>
>>71143635
Top kek
>>
>>71150721
>any and all research into it has actually disproved it
Show it to us then.
This entire thread you jackasses have been shitting on established theory, time for you to come up with your own.
>>
>>71151236
>I've never met anyone who seriously debates evolution in real life

But you meet them here. Some of them are not serious, but others are.
>>
File: 1460716808116.png (860 KB, 841x720) Image search: [Google]
1460716808116.png
860 KB, 841x720
>>71143024
>Raise hand and call him out on it's failings and general bullshit
>>
>>71151295
>>a literal fedora

What?

Are you scared of being proven wrong?

>>71151322
>Is that why atheists reject everything I say before I'm done finishing a sentence?

Because your "sentence" was already wrong to begin with. Factually.
>>
>>71151193
>We're the most advance species on the face of the Earth,

In terms of brain capacity, yes, we're much more advanced than the rest. However, in terms of strength and resilience, we're pathetic. Most animals our size are way stronger, quicker, have utterly superior senses, and so forth. Pretty weird for evolution to do such a thing.

>>71151340
I see you've run out of clever things to say. I'll say it once more, biologists have failed to explain the origin of humanity so far.
>>
File: 1447502986008.jpg (36 KB, 600x470) Image search: [Google]
1447502986008.jpg
36 KB, 600x470
>>71151347
Why is it always the religious who are the dirtiest pathological liars? Like Cruz.
>>
>>71151485
>literally proving my point
>>
>>71151280
Yeah you more you post the more obvious it is you haven't actually studied the science.

But let's say you can "destroy" all the evidence - why are you even here then? "Destroy" evolution and go collect your Nobel prize and enjoy the money from public speaking for the rest of your life.
>>
>>71151279
I don't have any, I'm just raising the point. Do you have evidence against it?

I'm not trying to disprove evolution, I believe that it's the only explanation available to us that make sense.
>>
File: 1460083399006.jpg (552 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
1460083399006.jpg
552 KB, 900x696
>>71148700
>>
File: Charles.png (183 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Charles.png
183 KB, 500x300
>>71143024
>he thinks a magic skyman poofed everything into existence
Kill yourself and improve the genepool
>>
>>71143609
Show me the graviton, not numbers.
>>
>>71151556
>Ignore contradicting evidence

You mean like how scientists do when newlyfound evidence does not correlate with established thought?
>>
>>71151010
>arguing against established scientific theory.
>tells me to read David Chalmers.
>hard problem of consciousness.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

David Chalmers is a fucking joke.
>>
>>71151464
I suspect much of this is shilling or shitposting. Possibly a raid from somewhere else.

>>71151527
>I'll say it once more, biologists have failed to explain the origin of humanity so far.

Except that's a lie and you're simply denying facts.

>>71151606
>I don't have any

Then your point is moot.
>>
File: Duh.jpg (19 KB, 404x378) Image search: [Google]
Duh.jpg
19 KB, 404x378
>>71143024
yeah, instead let's "teach" in science classes that the earth is 6000 years old and you are the descendant of 2 raging faggots who couldn't notice they were being trolled by a snake.
>>
>>71151095
>But we are radically different
Black people look and function pretty similarly to you and i as do other humans who with different traits who just happen by coincidence surely to live in areas in which these differences are advantageous to survival.
>>
>>71150363
oh poland, you are hilarious.
>>
>>71143024
List of things that Americans think have something to do with "liberalism"/"conservatism" when they have no connection:
>science
>religion
>sexuality
>gender

You're all getting memed. Why do you think people almost always get more conservative as they get older, even if they're a gay atheist transwoman?

It's a state of mind, not a set of specific opinions. People attach specific opinions to each side for cynical reasons.
>>
If evolution is real, then why do black people still exist?

It is true that us modern humans evolved out of Africa, right?
>>
File: 1453054537945.png (17 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
1453054537945.png
17 KB, 300x181
>>71151770
>Black people look and function pretty similarly to you and i
>>
>>71151695
>You mean like how scientists do when newlyfound evidence does not correlate with established thought?

What the FUCK are you talking about? The whole point is for science to adapt to new evidence.
>>
>>71151527
That is because having better brain function allows species to use technology to do the same thing for less energy. Thus eliminating the reason for having immense strength.

Jesus fuckign christ save me from these retarded faggots.
>>
>>71151485
>What?
>Are you scared of being proven wrong?
I'm not a denier. I'm pointing out that you posted someone who completely fits the atheist stereotype.

>fat
>cringy Darwin shirt
>gross, untended hair
>>
>>71151837
>responding to an Australian
>>
>>71151602
Haha why are you fucking mad you can't prove it? I just told you to fuckibg show me. You can't. You know anything you present to me is just crude evidence regarded as fact.

YOU CANT PROVE EVOUTION HAPPENED. You can't.

All you do is bitch that I'm Cletus without actually proving anything. Lmao.
>>
>>71151888
Cletus is bae
>>
>>71144195
>American "exceptionalism"
Crazy baptists pour money into disinformation. Christfags are so delusional they consider their ignorance a badge of honor.

>>71151695
You know nothing about science, Klaus.

Most "new amazing findings" are bullshit. It takes a lot of effort to make sure there aren't things in the experiments that have been overlooked, and the "new" phenomenon usually turns out to be an error.

>>71151750
>I suspect much of this is shilling or shitposting. Possibly a raid from somewhere else.
Why are /pol/fags so in denial about this cesspit?
>>
Still waiting of evidence of evolution......

Can someone help me out?

I'm trying to watch evolution take place, but I can't seem to find anything. Can someone help me out?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfFXH3VqcCM
>>
File: 1457274410985.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1457274410985.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>71151840
Except for that awkward moment when new evidence isn't very... uh... "opportune", eh?
>>
>>71151750
>I suspect much of this is shilling or shitposting. Possibly a raid from somewhere else.

i've got some bad news for you, lad
>>
>all of this discussion about consciousness
>no one can into philosophy

For shame /pol/. Though it's mostly new fags/reddit in this thread you can tell from the way they write.
>>
>>71151888
You just said you could "destroy" all the evidence. Surely you must have studied it already to know you could do that? So why do you need to tell you about it?

As I said, present your evidence to "destroy" evolution and collect your Nobel.
>>
>>71151987
Yeah, walk into any university and they'll be happy to show you microevolution under a microscope you fucking nimrod ape
>>
>>71151527
>Pretty weird for evolution to do such a thing.

why did evolution even take my tail , lame evolution could have used it
>>
I look at it this way. Take the wild canines like wolves. They have evolved over millennia to hunt in packs and be efficient killing machines.

Look at what a thinking conscious species of animal, humans, has done to the the wolves that they slowly began to cohabit with... we have pug dogs with smooched faces, and dogs with tiny heads meant to run really fast for money. These dogs can no longer do what they're ancestors dna was created to do. They would die in the wild. They are created for the benefit of human companionship. Natural selection is thrown out the window when we create schnauzer dogs with elongated stomachs and average life span of 5 years bc of it. We chose, based on our biases and interests, to create breeds that are really cute and cuddly, but would die within hours of a wild dog's natural habitat.

God allegedly created us in his own image, so he logically has bias and subjectiveness in his forming of all creatures. but every type of living creature on the planet seems to match up perfectly to its habitat, due to natural selection

There are no pug faced dolphins, or flying pigs, bc your physical and mental formation must operate at peak efficiency or you die out.
>>
>>71151961
>You know nothing about science, Klaus.

Mind my flag. As a German, I have inherited a superior ability to understand and conduct science.
>>
>>71148916
No chance, they are even worse.
>>
>>71152006
Like what?
>>
>>71151878
>I'm pointing out that you posted someone who completely fits the atheist stereotype.

So your reply is just plain ad hominem instead of addressing the point? Mkay.

>>71152006
You're not making any sense at all.
>>
>>71145435
it pretty much is the same level of denial
>>
Someone plz tell me why black Africans still exist. It's been thousands of years and they're still kinky haired black fuckers.

According to evolution, they should have evolved into white people by now.
>>
>>71151792
The problem is that scientific conclusions tend to support the left more than the right, even on an economic level. This is of course a result of what you just said, people associating things to a political definition that are unrelated.
The thing is though, since our lines have been drawn and the reality here at least is that it is so common for conservatives to believe archaic religious theories about the world, they might as well be.
>>
Evolution isn't a theory. Natural selection is a theory, but it's a pretty well proven one.
>>
File: 1455383418879.jpg (15 KB, 235x212) Image search: [Google]
1455383418879.jpg
15 KB, 235x212
>>71147781
ameridiocy: the post
>>
>>71152160
You see that's the thing. Evolution is so highly regarded as fact in the first place, that all data supporting it is accepted at face value.

Without even providing a source, I can tell you no one has ever observed evolution happening in the first place. I already explained to you that small little genetic changes in microevolution is not enough evidence to prove all of evolution right. That's the only evidence they have aside from inaccurate carbon dating.

It's simply the fact, that evolution isbmore accepted because believing in God is silly. Therefore, even if the theory of evolution is fallible, people are willing to accept it over God.
>>
>>71152203
Like when people found out the pyramids couldn't have been built without advanced cranes and laser measuring devices
>>
>>71152245
>So your reply is just plain ad hominem instead of addressing the point? Mkay.
I'm not "addressing the point", because I'm not debating, you dumbass.
>>
>>71152141
Agreed. The lack of philosophical thought in this thread is laughable.
>>
>>71152417
>no we came from minwkwyssss hurrrrrr I can't prove it though hurrrr ur Cletus hurrrrrr Trudeau like it in the ass like me!
>>
File: 1434310112768.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1434310112768.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>71151961
>>71152070
I know there's some dumb motherfuckers on here but we've had a big increase of shitposting recently because of leddit and the primaries. Could be part of that.
>>
>>71152433
But that requires the frivolous assumption that one of both possibilities must be correct.
>>
>>71152372
It's just because the left took over universities. And universities are right about science, usually. So left left gets to be right about science, and the right gets to hold the idiot ball.

But none of this has anything to do with anything. You think successful professors don't think like rightwingers? They have created long-term plans and been successful in the real world, of course they think like rightwingers.

There's an old joke that academic Jews really ought to "preach what they practice".

You know how you become a rightwinger? Go through a difficult time in your life. That's all it takes.
>>
>>71152450
>I'm not "addressing the point", because I'm not debating, you dumbass.

So you were just shitposting with no point then.
>>
>>71152433

Pluto hasn't finished a single orbit since it was discovered. No one has ever observed Pluto orbiting fully around the Sun in the first place. We've only seen micro-orbitation, just a little movement around it. You can't prove that Pluto has moved around the Sun EVER. Macro-Gravity is not real because no one has seen it. Only small movements.
>>
>>71152433
>I already explained to you that small little genetic changes in microevolution is not enough evidence to prove all of evolution right.
Microevolution + time = macroevolution. Pic related.

>That's the only evidence they have aside from inaccurate carbon dating.
Incorrect. There's even more evidence.

>because believing in God is silly.
It's not.
>>
>>71148993
>science can't explain some things
>therefore science can't explain anything
>>
>>71152576
I'm willing to admit that because I can't prove God is real. However, one entity creating everythibg is more practical than a miracle from nothing.
>>
>muh sky daddy
>>
>>71152629
Well, yeah. Why else would I browse /pol/
>>
>>71152649
Science can't explain everything.
Religion can't explain anything.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.