[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what the hell happened? those "crazy" anti science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: polar ice caps1.jpg (43 KB, 498x246) Image search: [Google]
polar ice caps1.jpg
43 KB, 498x246
so what the hell happened?

those "crazy" anti science republicans were right after all?
>>
>>71128106
explain pls straya
>>
>>71128890
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7139797.stm
remember this? :^)

I also grew up with people in hysteria about the acid rain, it was expected that all the marble walls would have been eroded away by now.
>>
>>71128890
>A 2007 prediction that summer in the North Pole could be “ice-free by 2013” that was cited by former Vice President Al Gore in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech has proven to be off… by 920,000 square miles.

>The former vice president also warned that rising temperatures were “a planetary emergency and a threat to the survival of our civilization.”

>However, instead of completely melting away, the polar icecap is at now at its highest level for this time of year since 2006.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/wrong-al-gore-predicted-arctic-summer-ice-could-disappear-2013
>>
>>71129210
Its climate change not global warming you bigot
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1024x1405) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1024x1405
>>71129192
There was also the ozone layer panic in the 90's.

Every decade Liberals and Scientists looking for funding cook up some doomsday scenario they sell to the public to drum up votes and shekels.
>>
>>71128106
Hey nigger, the reason why ice caps are growing is that the ocean salinity has dropped, meaning that water now freezes at a higher point.
>>
At 89 i watched a documentary at school that by 2000 coastal cities would be under water.
They just keep postponing the the dates, changing the names and increasing the amount of money needed to "fix" it.
>>
>>71129424
>implying I should believe models from people who can't even get a 10 year prediction right
>>
>>71129424
So ice caps are self regulating?
>>
Scientists never said that the polar ice caps would melt, that was just sensationalist bullshit propagated by shit-tier "scientists".

While there is a "global warming", scientists haven't agreed on its effects yet and whether it's dangerous for us.
>>
>>71129776
And CO2/O2 levels in the atmosphere are self-regulating, who cuddathunkit
But no, good goy, it's not the deforestation we need to watch out for, it's the carbon footprint, so vote democrat and visit my solar panel store!
>>
>>71129815
Neither have they demonstrated that human actions have ANY impact.
>>
>>71129192
>>71129376

Acid rain was actually solved. We banned the more destructive compounds, gave millions in investment funds to developing nations to move them past those practices and on to cleaner technologies, and the Ozone hole closed up.

Acid Rain and asthma from pollution are very real and very destructive.

Global warming is a vague concept that can't be proved or disproved in a sane manor.

It's not that hard to see why companies would embrace the Global Warming controversy, it distracts from actual problems that no one cares about anymore.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.