[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this state /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 24
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 254x199
What do you think of this state /pol/?
>>
>>71127873
Looks rectangular
>>
>>71127873
I hate our liquor laws and how "progressive" the govenor is.
>>
I went to Gino's and the other steak and cheese place. It was disgusting

I can get better steak and cheeses from my local pizza shop lol

I love the white trash philly/jersey girls though
>>
File: advancedorao.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
advancedorao.webm
1 MB, 720x404
Philadelphia is shit.
>>
Mixed bag for me. Some parts are filled with human trash, others, cozy small towns.

The spawn of shoobies though. You fucks can't drive here in NJ.
>>
>>71127873
so tolerant
>>
>>71127873
I don't know, let me look up the gun laws.

>All handgun buyers in the state must undergo a PICS check at the point of sale, a record of which is maintained by the state police in a "sales database".

Looks like some commie shithole. Disregarded as such. 0/10 will never visit.
>>
>>71127873
one of those cities will be glass come 19 April
>>
>>71127873
better shape than utah tho
>>
>>71127873
Only good thing to come out of that state is Primanti Brothers.
>>
File: familienüberalles.jpg (349 KB, 1024x788) Image search: [Google]
familienüberalles.jpg
349 KB, 1024x788
>>71128036
Philly is awesome;

> Wrestling is the biggest sport
> Coalmines
> Steel industry
> White folks everywhere
> Amish folks living there
> Beautiful landscape
> No baltniggers
>>
Pittsburgher here, like anywhere else it is what you make of it, the alcohol sale shit is annoying and it's a little too far left right now but I like it here.

Philadelphia a shit though
>>
File: middleswarthbbq.png (207 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
middleswarthbbq.png
207 KB, 500x500
>>71128166
nigger please
>>
>>71128169
>> Coalmines
>> Steel industry
Dude, that's Pittsburgh.
>>
>>71128027
ginos is a tourist trap. Best steaks are from the shady ass food trucks
>>
Born and raised. While we have some comfy Amish areas and rich history and relatively cheap food, the place is an SJW infested shithole. Hoping to move after college.

PSU student here. While the college itself is pretty OK for STEM, it has a lot of bullshit liberal "professors" in gen ed classes. And the huge Alumni association is really helpful.
>>
>>71128169
None of these things are true about Philadelphia.
>>
Also fuck Filthadelphia.
>>
Central PA is a nice conservative rural area.
Philadelphia a shit. It's a shame its such a dangerous area since there are some of the best universities in the state and possibly the country in the Philly area
>>
I hear they have a nice furnace in Centralia.
>>
Niggers
>>
>>71128234

>no niggers
>in the city of brothers on drugs aka gorilladelphia
>>
File: 742468.png (641 KB, 980x285) Image search: [Google]
742468.png
641 KB, 980x285
>tfw cozy small town life

PA outside of Philly and Pittsburgh is basically Generic America.
>>
>>71128169
I think by "Philly" you mean Central PA.
>>
>>71128440
Handy map for anyone venturing into the mystical land of Pennsylvania.
>>
There's a city there where it's always sunny.
>>
>>71128537
whoever made that map visited PA maybe twice.
>>
>>71128537

Clearly this is liberal propaganda. Central PA is comfy as fuck. Current demographics of my town: 98.7% white. Low crime, low cost of living. Growing up, people didn't even lock their doors.
>>
>>71128056
The state police delete the records after 15 days m80

>>71128277
Sup m8. I'm at psu myself. A college of ems major, so I'm not a commie.

We do have more than our fair share of commie professors and it pissed me off.
>>
>>71128225
>a delicious treat
>>
>>71128714

The counties in NY just across the border from the yellow area are the poorest and dumbest in our state, despite sharing similar demographics to what you posted.

But you are right, it's beautiful country and can be really comfy for intelligent white people.
>>
File: costanza belittles.jpg (34 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
costanza belittles.jpg
34 KB, 375x375
>>71128933
>The state police delete the records after 15 days m80
I'm sure they do, buddy.

I'm sure they do.
>>
>>71128277

I'm a PSU alumni myself. Just keep your head down when dealing with ideology bound professors. Everything depends on what your major is though.

>>71128933

I was an EMT for a long time too, and most medical types are fine to deal with. Generally any instructor or professor linked to a "real fucking job" degree program actually don't have time to debate topics about people's fee fees.

I'm just now finishing pre-reqs to get into the 16 month, 2nd degree BSN, RN. Excited as fuck to get back into the medical field.
>>
>>71128933

Check out the Altoona campus, granted some profs are libtards but most seem to be pretty redpilled. Then again Im takin a STEM major so maybe thats why.
>>
File: ants.webm (69 KB, 100x42) Image search: [Google]
ants.webm
69 KB, 100x42
>>71127873
>>
>>71128225
Good god, these are the best chips i've ever had

do you remember when they came in a round drum?
>>
File: chipsfriedinlard.jpg (192 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chipsfriedinlard.jpg
192 KB, 600x600
>>71128225

>Posting Middlesworth and not Gibbles.

Seriously man, these chips are even better as they are fried in lard. Ya can get em in Weiss or Giant eagles.
>>
>>71127873
High-Tier rural areas, shit-tier cities
>>
>>71129240
Yeah, I'm sure the State Police are breaking the law and keeping records that they're not allowed to because the Illuminati told them to keep track of Bubba's most recent 1911 purchase.

>>71129347
College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, not medical. Good luck man, study hard.

>>71129361
>branchie
wew
>>
>>71127873
surprisingly based outside of innercity Philly
>>
>>71128244
even the chinos is the ghetto hellhole make better cheesesteaks
>>
>>71127873
The last good state
>>
Fairly shit but I've really just driven through and spent a few days in Philly.

Philly as a whole is pretty shitty; only thing I liked about it was the long avenue towards the art museum; the colonial shit was underwhelming.

It's obviously got a lot of parts that are awful and crime ridden.

The rest of the state is mostly generic pseudo-Appalachia; I was dying to see some cornfields.

Seems to have a large immigrant population like all of the eastern seaboard.
>>
>>71129580

>potato chip lovers size
>not fat cunt size
>merica pls
>>
>>71129611

>There's something wrong with a branch campus.

Altoona is cheap as fuck to live in, and hardly any nogs around. All neighbors in community are white church going folk who like to shoot guns.

Enjoy yer SJW's and expensive as fuck cost of living at main, man.
>>
What I always find funny is that when you have people from NY or NJ shit on PA, they never seem to be proud of their own states, instead they just bash strawmen of PA. Then you look at PA posters and we can't come up with enough ways that Pennsylvania is awesome. It would be the perfect state if Philly just sunk into the sea (Tom Wolf just happening to be in Philly that day too).

Scrapple is delicious.

>>71129611
That would be EMS too, wouldn't it? One of the volunteer firefighters in my company was a working geologist, as well as one of the rugby players I played with in college. They both did really well for themselves.

>>71129361
Altoona campus is where I'm applying for the 2nd degree RN. Met quite a few professors from there, and they've all seemed quite bro. Working class areas seem to be like that though. You don't see as much cancerous bullshit when everyone works for a living.
>>
West Virginia with teeth.
>>
>>71129611
>Yeah, I'm sure the State Police are breaking the law and keeping records that they're not allowed to because the Illuminati told them to keep track of Bubba's most recent 1911 purchase.
What if the State Police didn't enforce the law that the State Police are "forced" to comply with?

Stop lying to yourself. Your state is a commie shithole and you're just making excuses.
>>
>>71129899

Yer just envious that you guys dont have em. In PA we have like over 20 different brands of potato chips to choose from, we have Herr's, Snyder of Berlin, Troy Farms, Middsleworth, Gibbles, UTZ, Dieffenbachs, Hartleys, MArtins, and the list goes on. Stay jelly friend.
>>
>>71127873
/717/ reporting
>>
>>71129954
Don't forget parts of Harrisburg. I toured the city for a urban geography elective and dear god the gentrified neighborhoods were comfy, then i saw the ghetto.
>>
>>71129942
Out of the engineers that Penn State sends to Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Exxon, Monsanto, or any other major corporation, I wonder how many are branch campus kids.

I don't dislike branch campus kids specifically. I dislike that you cheapen the degrees of those of us who were qualified to get into main and then had harder courses and got a better education.
>>
>>71130163
Herrs reporting in .
>>
>>71128244
>>71128027

best steaks from shady ass diners desu
>>
File: Get_a_load.jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load.jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>71128537
This map is so fucking inaccurate I'd expect to see it on Huffpost. I'm a NEPA fag, and I fucking hate it, but at least portray the areas fairly. The "Niggers" section is too big, it envelopes the wholesome and white suburbs of Philly. Mexicans and Amish section is semi-accurate. The Yellow would make more sense if it were further west. "Ohio and Maryland are fucking wrong, they may very well be among some of the few states worse than PA. "Hipsters and Rednecks" is Bumfuck nowhere, as I'm pretty sure Pittsburg falls in the "People who think they live in the SW." Now as for my native region "Coal and Rednecks." Completely wrong. I live in the Poconos, it's a strange mix of Suburbia in literally nowhere, because fucking retards think it's more economical to commute to NYC from two fucking states away, Philadelphia rejects, dudebros who are living in their parent's vacation homes to go snowboarding, and nigs. Lots and lots of them. Lehigh Valley is a less retarded Philadelphia, It's got its share of nogs, but it has based people to balance it out. We probably have less trailer parks here than in any county in New York, and the coal industry is dead. Hunters aren't rednecks either.
>>
Where marylanders go to get their 30 round mags
>>
File: 1409610957806.gif (481 KB, 499x315) Image search: [Google]
1409610957806.gif
481 KB, 499x315
Moving to Harrisburg for a few months for work in the summer. I'll be living near the business district, so how is it there? I couldn't really get a good read on the place the few times I've been there.
>>
File: GRrW9kG.jpg (197 KB, 1068x622) Image search: [Google]
GRrW9kG.jpg
197 KB, 1068x622
>>71128169

>Philadelphia
>"white"
>>
>>71129611

>branchie

Don't be arrogant. One of the reason that PSU's alumni association is the biggest in the world is because of having a huge network of branches.

Also, the online degree programs are hugely beneficial. PSU World Campus is ranked #1 in US News and World Report which is a massive deal and benefits all PSU students and alumni.

Keep in mind that degree are conferred by the colleges in PSU, not necessarily the location, so degrees can look the same no matter where the courses were taken.
>>
>>71127873
It's where Philadelphia is. I'm sorry that's all.
>>
>>71129954
Yep, we're one of the better colleges at PSU overall. We have a bunch of programs that are #1 and I've never heard of somebody with at least a 3.0 not getting a job in any of our majors.
>>
>>71130268

Mmm Ill grant you that some of the branch campuses have libshit degrees, but Altoona is mostly STEM oriented. I mean look at their degree programs.

http://www.altoona.psu.edu/academics/baccalaureate.php

I wouldnt say branch campuses cheapen the degrees either, most kids that goto main tend to get the gen ed creds done at a branch campus cause its cheaper.
>>
Its like they were like, fucking the finally over these shitty hills and... Oh there's a lake here, lets call it Erie and then completely couldn't be fucked to build up across the flat land with easy logistics if you use Erie as a port city.

3/10, I expect more from pre-red scare Americans.
>>
>>71127873
It's nice.

Lots of friendly, conservative people. It's just the cities are congested liberal shitholes infested by minorities (the bad kind, not the hard working kind.)
>>
Lifelong NEPA resident here. We are traditionally a very based region. Conservative in most ways, liberal in some. Very much have been forgotten about so far as federal funding and economic progress is concerned, but not a bad place to grow up/start a family at all.

New York and New Jersey people are simply the worst. The niggers are obviously bad, that goes without saying, but even the white ones are unbearable. They wear their Giants/Jets garb, and preach their hometown pride, and theyre just sooo abysmally trashy. I wish theyd be proud enough of their home state to go the fuck where they came from.
>>
>The name is a fucking PUN

How can you take such a state seriously?
>>
>>71130577
>most kids that goto main tend to get the gen ed creds done at a branch campus
No, they don't. There's actually a serious stigma against branch campus students.
>>
>>71128225
I live in PA and I can't find these damn things anywhere

What the hell happened
>>
>>71130416
Uh I'm actually about to move to Philadelphia soon for a better job

Should I live in South Philly then?
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 736x736
Guys check out this new Trump video "The Evolution of Donald J Trump" it's super short and its good. Wach it now!...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofZsphTPf-U
>>
>>71127873
Live in Jew Yorl City. Want to buy a house in PA so I can have fungunz. What do?
>>
File: max-s-steaks.jpg (33 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
max-s-steaks.jpg
33 KB, 450x450
>>71128027
fuck gino's, max's is king of steaks
>>
>>71130831
Stay the fuck in New York city, faggot. We're full.
>>
>>71130747

Statistically, you are wrong. About 68% off all students attending Altoona PSU will be going to main campus after about 2 years. Do you even know what you are talking about man?
>>
The only thing that works in Philadelphia the way it's supposed to is Villanova basketball
>>
>>71127873
Here's a 30 sec rundown:

>Gun laws mid tier, most everything is allowed but theres dumb shit like PICS so buy handguns private sale in another state if you want privacy (yes there's legal ways to do that)
>Vice laws are universally shit. Our alcohol system is objectively the worst in the country and we're about to get medical weed but apparently it won't be smokable? Best to be ok with breaking the law here.
>Pittsburgh - surprisingly good food for a small city, kind of run down in some places. Decent place to live but not so much to visit unless you like the sports teams
>Philly - West NJ can burn. Outside of the historical stuff and a few cheesesteak places, this entire city could be gassed and no one would miss it
Harrisburg - another niggerville with nothing in it
Everywhere else - small towns with little of interest to tourists but decent living for residents in most places
Shady Maple - one of the only things in this world I'd die for in order to safeguard for future generations

Put it this way: PA is better than every state touching it but outside that ring there's some better places. I'm a big fan of Nevada.
>>
>>71130747

>No, they don't. There's actually a serious stigma against branch campus students.

This comes from 18 year olds who are barely adults, and still getting their degrees ego tripping about it.

In the real world, people see a Penn State ring or mention it, and everything is cool. Only the people who require huge amounts of external validation care about that shit.

Most people grow out of the "Well I went to CC... well I went to PSU branch...yeah well I went to PSU main...well I went to UPenn...Well I went to Harvard....well I went to Oxford," thing by their mid 20's.
>>
>>71128027
John's Roast Pork for the win!
>>
>>71130921

and for all satellite campuses its 60% averaged.

http://admissions.psu.edu/pennstate/2plus2plan/

Dude you need to stop smoking all that dank kush.
>>
>>71127873
Driven though it a couple times very pretty mountains and shit, never stayed.

But tolls are expensive as fuck. 30 dollars to drive though there and back, but that's toll roads.
>>
>>71130921
Well I guess if 68% of the students at a branch campus are coming to Penn State the majority of Penn State students are branchies.

>>71131023
Granted, most of them want to talk about prestige. I'm more concerned that the university is whoring itself out for money rather than focusing on improving main.
>>
>>71131219

Never said that or claimed it mang, that being said, it is not an insignificant amount of folk who decide to do their gen ed cred at a cheaper campus to live at and finish up their major at main.
>>
>>71131358
You said most students who go to main took their geneds at a branch campus.
>>
>>71130788
if you can afford it, try neighborhoods in this order:

chestnut hill
west mt airy
manayunk
roxborough
east falls
greater northeast
center city
fairmount
university city
fishtown
francisville

avoid north philly north of girard ave - that's the old color line and the deeper in you go the more of a warzone it turns into

avoid all of southwest philly
avoid deep west philly

there's a lot of spots in south philly that are really dangerous as well, but it's more "up and coming" (crawling with rent-gouging yuppies and such)

if you drive, parking in south philly is a nightmare

if you ever need a break away from the city, hop on the regional rail and take the old mainline out to one of the ritzy old bedroom communities - it can be very peaceful
>>
>>71131358

Gonna correct myself there,

http://admissions.psu.edu/pennstate/2plus2plan/

60% of ALL Penn State Main campus folks being at a sat campus. Yer apprehension at sat campus's is a bit absurd dont ya think?
>>
I'm headed into philly tomorrow from poconos. Is Dalessandro's good I never tried a cheesesteak before.
>>
>>71128056
wow its like you're actually dumb AND 17
>>
>>71131438

Dude again lay off dat dank kush. Reread what I actually typed. 68% of all ppl attending PSU Altoona will goto Main to finish up. At Main 60% of ALL students start at a sat campus.
>>
Complete shithole in literally every respect.
Nothing to do here, winter lasts like 10 months, and the girls are some of the ugliest on the planet. I don't know how I didn't kill myself by now.
If you enjoy life in PA, you're probably a massive plebeian who thinks riding your quad through the mud is a good time.

At least I'm not in Ohio though. That's the only good thing I can say about it.

Source: PAfag.
>>
>>71128036
animefaggot.
>>
>>71131121

It is annoying because branch to main, or community college to a campus is objectively smarter.

Having to take significantly less debt, with the same end degree is smart. Far too many people are driven by ego.

>Granted, most of them want to talk about prestige. I'm more concerned that the university is whoring itself out for money rather than focusing on improving main.

I mean, I spent years at a relatively elite hard science school, Juniata College. It had marble floors in the science building and 3 electron microscopes for a student population of under 2,000. It also now has $60k a year tuition.

PSU is a system, and that is its strength. Worries about "whoring" itself out is a bit much from a school considered a Public Ivy. Why are you going to PSU if you want a singular private university experience? The breadth of education throughout PA is part of the mission of PSU.
>>
York county was ok until niggers and spics came in from Baltimore, Philly, and Harrisburg, bringing in a shit ton of smack and other drugs. Now york is a shithole. Rural areas can be really nice, but a lot of them have been hit with drugs too.
>>
I live in the Philly suburbs, Roxborough/Manayunk.

Girls here are very conservative, not politically, but when I was growing up it was hard as shit to fuck them. I got lucky and me and my buddy fucked the town whore as teenagers. Philly girls are huge cock teases though.

Good trout fishing, good hunting if you leave the city, good bow hunting IN the woods around the suburbs. Biggest problem? Pills. Kids in my neighborhood get fucking hooked then wind up growing up to be roofers or landscapers to feed their pill addictions. You kind of get stuck here and it's hard to get out.

If you actually leave the 'burbs/city and go to other parts of PA it's nice though. Lancaster is great. There's a farmer's market in Lancaster called 'Shady Maple' ran by the Amish that makes awesome ass food. They make pot pie soup that's fucking good as hell and have smorgas boards and buffets and shit. Some of those Dutch Amish bitches are cuties even without makeup on as long as you can handle them going yidda yidda sidda didda in PA Dutch.
>>
>>71131703

Meant that 2nd part to respond to:
>>71131219
>>
>>71131444
>>71130788

Also if you looking to start a family/have kids, it's always option to live in suburbs (narberth, cherry hill NJ) and commute via regional rail
>>
File: pittsburgh.jpg (36 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
pittsburgh.jpg
36 KB, 550x440
Pittsburgh is a top 10 city.
Nowhere near as morbidly liberal as any other city north of the Mason-Dixon line. The people are super fucking friendly and they have pretty good food in many categories. It is one of the single best cities in the world to get laid in. This is because of the different areas that have huge populations of youth. Oakland is chuck filled 18-23 year olds, but if you start to get older, you can go to Lawrenceville which is filled with hot post-grades. Or you can check out the south side which is filled with everyone ages 18-death, so it's common for young women to hook up with 30-somethings even. Serioualy, the south side of Pittsburgh on a weekend night rivals European club districts.
The city is very loyal about their sports, but not in a way that they will assault you or mock you if you are wearing a different jersey.
The only problem is that they have stoplights and traffic lights at literally every intersection imaginable, and not even just intersections. It can take a long time to go a short distance. Oh and you can't buy alcohol in most places, but they have recently gotten better about it.

Everywhere else in the state is a shit show. The majority of the state is a slightly less beautiful West Virginia, and the communities are mostly the sticks.

Oh and Philli... Philli fucking blows. Quite possibly the worst major city in the country. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>71131715
Story of basically our entire country.

It's time to fight back against the hordes.
>>
>>71127873
Considering I live in this state I kind of like it. But Kasich is polling in last place so fuck it

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/pa/pennsylvania_republican_presidential_primary-3788.html
>>
>>71131219
stop saying branchies you 19 year old fuck. jesus christ have you ever been in a vagina. you're like a weak kid that loves football. fuck off and i haven't even been to a university.
>>
>>71127873

That's not a state, it's two cities with a football field somewhere in between

Source: live there
>>
>>71127873
new jersey is best state, Garbage garden state uber alles
>>
>>71132027

Camden
>>
>>71131703
Well Lehigh didn't have petroleum engineering. Which I've switched out of.

>>71132002
Ok senpai.
>>
>>71127873
Penguins, Flyers, and a bell. That's about it. Go Pens!
>>
File: view-from-the-15th-floor.jpg (37 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
view-from-the-15th-floor.jpg
37 KB, 550x412
Maybe one day, the City of Reading will no longer be such a trainwreck

Voted poorest American city. Flooded with illegals and NYC/NJ Boriqua rejects that don't speak English. No one cares, everything is blatantly corrupt, everything gets perpetually worse

Almost all the crimes committed are just random, pointless encounters from wannabe thugs

The old timers always have so many stories about how nice a place it used to be 70s/80s and back. It just went to hell from there
>>
>>71132614
>It just went to hell from there

The kikes in new york shipped the rapists and addicts out to satellite cities of Philadelphia.
>>
>>71132357

>petroleum engineering

That is a spooky major. The money is fantastic, but with the energy sector in constant flux, the long-term job prospects and job market are scary. Even the whole OPEC thing has caused a ton of companies to go belly up.

One of the reasons I'm going back for nursing, a traditionally unmanly field, is simply because it is a job that has explosive growth, virtually zero unemployment, good to great pay, and can't really be automated.
>>
>>71132614
Reading is a shithole.
Sad because my parents used to take me to Reading Phillies games years ago before Lancaster got the Barnstormers.
>>
Lots of good secluded places to camp. Not the most exciting state geographically speaking, but some of the nicer rural areas are simply beautiful. Philly is nice and Pittsburg is too. Rural areas vary between trashy and fantastic usually depending on the income of the county.

Decent place to live.
>>
File: Accurate PA.jpg (86 KB, 583x334) Image search: [Google]
Accurate PA.jpg
86 KB, 583x334
>>71130319
Here's a much better map, >>71128537 is a retard.
>>
>>71133051

"wholesome suburbia" is still infected by philly niggers
>>
>>71130416
Born and raised in the blue of the River Wards.
Now living in that little spec of blue above the "R" in Baltimore Ave.
>>
>>71133236

It has some niggies, but it's a lot of opiate pill addict whites. You can go to pretty much any bar and some middle-aged white roofer will be selling percocets or xanax.
>>
>>71131564
Get it with sauce. If it's too crowded, head across the street to Chubbies and have nice cold beer with your sammitch.
>>
Absolutely nothing. Also not relevant to /pol/itics.
>>
>>71131665
PhillyFag Here.
The only people I see on quads here are Moolies and Spics, who probably stole them from you neighborhood.
>>
>>71131715
You can keep them.
Phillyfag here.
>>
>>71131564
>>71133465

Dalessandros is fucking awesome, I live like a mile away from them.

Chubbys is good too. If you want to get a huge steak sandwich go to Bala Cynwyd to Mama's Pizzeria. They have gigantic cheese steaks that are delicious.
>>
>>71132832
it's a cancer almost impossible to get rid of - they still have the gall to sit around bitching about how "AHM FWOM NEW YAWK FUCK DIS SHIT"

anyone with ambition gets the hell out, anyone that has no reason to live stays and turns into welfare monkeys

>>71132997
it wasn't always, tho anon (sad pic related)

i used to go to reading phillies games all the time. the first time i was ever on tv was out in the middle of the baseball diamond back in 2001
>>
>>71132973
Yep, it's pretty fucking scary. The program went from 100% job placement to 50% over the course of 2 years because of the market.
>>
York was here. Lancaster is a loser.
>>
>>71133758
This is now a Roast Pork Thread.
John's on Snyder and Weccacoe?
Shank's?
Johnny Hots on Delaware Ave across from Penn Treaty Park? Plusses:The girl who waits on you is really cute, and the grill girl has a shelf-ass for a white girl.
>>
>>71134143

Best I've had is DiNics in Reading Terminal when I went in for a lunch break during jury duty.

BTW. Kensington is the only place I've ever seen actual prostitutes in Philly. Drove through as a kid with my uncle and saw a prossy squat and take a steaming piss in the middle of the street.
>>
>>71133854

I don't know what to tell you. I'd never recommend studying anything that doesn't have a job at the end of the tunnel, but a lot of jobs are getting automated.

It is a little weird, but traditionally low-ish paying and lower social standing jobs like counseling and social work are the least likely to be automated in the future.

IT is being mass exported, and even computer science is developing "self-writing" code capabilities which will make a lot of the workforce redundant. If you aren't already an accountant or financial consultant, then you are looking toward being completely boned by technology.

If I were you, I'd be very hesitant to go all-in on a field that is almost 100% going to decline. You need to think if that job is going to be there 20 years from now. I know this first hand having been in part of a family business that involved print media/newspaper stuff. Working in a declining field is suffering.
>>
>>71134354
Were you horrified or did you laugh like a drain?
Not like the ones in the movies, are they. Their lack of teeth helps them in their profession.
>>
>>71132614
I live there miles from Reading, in Sinking Spring.

I fucking hate all the niggers and wiggers and sjw bullshit in this area. Also, there's no good place to drink since everywhere is full of said """ people""".
>>
I don't get the Philly hate. Outside of North Philly, it's pretty nice. Center City is one of the better downtown areas in the country, and Roxborough/Manayunk/Chestnut Hill are incredibly nice. Bucks/Montgomery counties are really beautiful suburbs.

Just stay the fuck away from Chester and Camden.
>>
>>71134354
Here Here.
I had one there on Thursday. Then I saw the guy cutting the brisket and wish I bought one of those instead.
>>
>>71134931

Nigs

Nigs everywhere

Suburbs are pretty safe but step into any large shopping center and you can't escape
>>
File: 1451655356721.jpg (578 KB, 1353x1670) Image search: [Google]
1451655356721.jpg
578 KB, 1353x1670
>>71133051
TFW Freindly middle class conservative
>>
>>71134751

I laughed, it was fucking hilarious.
>>
What's the best college in PA?
>>
>>71134821
have you ever checked out paradise by the slice just a little down the road in wernersville? the owners and staff are good people, they also have a pretty damn good beer selection for the area
>>
>>71130965
SHADY MAPLE! FUCK YES! amish people can do some magical shit in the kitchen
>>
>>71127873
I happen to run a small practice in Pennsylvania, actually. You all should stop by and pay a visit to me, Dr. Mantis Toboggan
>>
>>71135504

>What's the best college in PA?

Based on what criteria?

Overall, U Penn. is the highest rated. It is Ivy League, and has the best business school in the country, Wharton. Also, it is normally top #5, up there with Johns Hopkins for medical schools.

Penn State has the largest alumni association in the world, so it is huge for connections. Penn State also has the best online degree program in the nation. I think it is #1 US for Supply Chain.
>>
>>71135454
Welcome to Kensington .
>>
>>71135504
Penn>PSU=Lehigh>Pitt>rest
>>
>>71135504
Not mine for sure they were handing these out for free at orientation to everyone

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18693769-your-face-in-mine

Martin Wilkinson (né Lipkin), has paid a hefty sum to undergo something called racial reassignment surgery, to transform from a white Jewish man to an African-American one.
>>
File: 6.gif (378 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
6.gif
378 KB, 256x144
NE PA here. Could be worse.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v47dgIHZbs
>>
>>71129682
>Live in outer suburbs of philly maybe 5 miles from the black zone.
>County paper often has a cover with some form of nigertry murder etc.
Old fella comes to my register at Wawa to buy it .
>Poor guy sees the cover and sadly me how he used to live in chester ( right next to Philadelphia) and how nice it used to be .
>Feel bad but at least suburban Philly is pretty red pilled, even the younger generations such as my brothers (16) understand that there are blacks and niggers.
>>
>>71134647
Well I got out of that shitshow right quick. Now I'm in an engineering major with 100% placement that I'm quite happy with.
>>
>>71128036
Please stop spamming this webm.
>>
>>71135312
I don't know, having been to DC and lived in Atlanta, I've always felt like there aren't that many black people in Philly
>>
>>71137459

One of my friends is graduating this year from Pennsylvania College of Technology (which is part of the Penn State system) with a degree in robotics engineering technology or some such. Think offers are about 50k starting, which isn't bad since it is a 2-year degree. Most engineering things seem to be solid.
>>
>>71137684
Engineering majors are #1 for a reason. They're good if you're an autist who just wants to work with numbers, and they're good if you want to go into management.

A bunch of CEOs of top tier natural resource companies are engineers. Vulcan Material's CEO and Exxon's CEO are both engineers off the top of my head.
>>
File: 1456942644593.jpg (460 KB, 734x760) Image search: [Google]
1456942644593.jpg
460 KB, 734x760
>>71127873
I love Pennsylvania senpai
>>
>>71128169
Philadelphian here
>White people everywhere
>Amish folks
>Beautiful landscape
Where the fuck did you hear of this?
>>
>>71127998
Liquor laws are super fucked. Privatization will do nothing for consumers or business, as PLCB will still be in charge of pricing.
>>
>>71133051
I moved from Lehigh to West Chester to get away from the heroin, so accurate
>>
>>71138947
Lancaster County boova
>>
>>71133051
however Allentown is more located in the heroin section, I don't think it's that far east
>>
File: GET OFF ME HE SAYS.jpg (62 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
GET OFF ME HE SAYS.jpg
62 KB, 600x404
>>71127873
Your liquor laws are full retard, but overall breddy gud. Just stop moving to my state.
>>
>>71138947
>Philadelphia

Boo Santa Claus
>>
>>71139269
True Fact:
We're still paying a liquor tax that was justified by paying for the Johnstown Flood.
The flood was in 1935. An 18% liquor tax established in 1936. And that is before sales taxed, so the tax is taxed again.
Cui Bono?
>>
>>71135617
Paradise is great stop by the Deck in Ephrata for trivia this summer
>>
File: 420.png (141 KB, 256x750) Image search: [Google]
420.png
141 KB, 256x750
>>71139944
Christ. I wish I'd gone to school in some other state sometimes. $8.99 for a case of PBR (Hipster trash, IK) at a pharmacy in any other state vs $25 from a state sanctioned beer distributor in PA. FUCK

We did just get medical marijuana though.Too bad the industry I chose to work in black lists you if you ever fail a drug test.
>>
>>71140180
Same here, while my friends blaze like it's a prophylactic for Glaucoma.

PBR is great work around the house beer.
>>
>>71127873
Still waiting for the mink revolution and the birth of Sylvania and the Penn Republic to be quite honest with you famiglia.
>>
The Main Line (western suburbs of philly/ surrounding rural areas along US 30) is very nice. My township, Easttown, is like 90%+ white
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.