[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He can't keep getting away with it!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: Snarky.png (110 KB, 327x271) Image search: [Google]
Snarky.png
110 KB, 327x271
Seriously, does 90% of this doofus's job consist of goodwill press?

Justin Trudeau Gives Snarky Reporter A Lesson In Quantum Computing:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160416150120/http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justin-trudeau-quantum-computing_us_57117e85e4b0060ccda362a5
>>
>does 90% of this doofus's job consist of goodwill press?

No, 90% of his job consists of dressing up in ethnic and religious garb
>>
>>71127523
>Gives literally less information than the introductory paragraph on Wikipedia
>Applauded across media

I actually CANNOT understand why people keep applauding this dope for doing insignificant things. To me, it almost seems like how one would patronize a child.
>>
>>71127724
It's because he's good looking
>>
File: dd.png (899 KB, 876x921) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
899 KB, 876x921
What a renaissance man
>>
>>71127724

That is pretty good compared to most politicians desu
>>
Literally why would somebody bring that up unless they were a plant to offset his reputation as a retard?
>>
Only liberal media is allowed to attend his events/talks. With no right wing opposition at his talks, there is no one to question him, and they all just clap, cheer, and suck his cock.
>>
>>71127523
GOLD?
Where at?
>>
>>71127874
>>71127724
Credit where credit's due. Most politicians wouldn't even know what a 'bit' is.

Doesn't make him any less of a cuck, and quite honestly it could have been scripted as well.
>>
>>71127523
That's as basic as you get
Even I know that
I saw it in Michael Crichton's Timeline book

>>71127724
Retards think anyone knowing a little bit more than them are really smart. People think I'm smart because I remember lots of irrelevant trivia
>>
>>71127874
It's just such an obviously contrived situation, not only his answer but the way that the press is praising him for having the most basically necessary grasp of quantum computing. By making it seem like something exceptional it's normalizing the total ignorance and lack of giving a shit by other politicians about similarly basic points of knowledge.
>>
File: snarkyleaf.gif (475 KB, 620x318) Image search: [Google]
snarkyleaf.gif
475 KB, 620x318
>>71128350
But anon, your PM is such an intelligent hottie! Of COURSE he understands quantum computing, he just wanted to give a basic answer to the press so they could comprehend it. Didn't you know it's 2015+1?
>>
>>71127523
anyone can regurgitate wiki information.
this is coming from the dude who thought a campfire was dangerous to the carbon footprint
>>
File: 1432553309091.jpg (51 KB, 404x500) Image search: [Google]
1432553309091.jpg
51 KB, 404x500
>>71127523
updates from Canada so far

>It's 2016
>quantum computing

Policy when?
>>
>>71128284
>I saw it in Michael Crichton's Timeline book

Greatest Crichton novel of all time.
>>
>>71128690
If you survive the crash course of multiverse and quantum computers for the first third of the book, that is
>>
>>71127523
This nerd knows dick about being a normal human.

>Quantum anything
Go back to the library faggot.
>>
>>71127523

>believing an act of a set-up question.

Are people really gullible.
>>
>>71128643
We'll get weed soon buddy

You'll see

You'll ALL see
>>
I'll admit I know sweet fuck all about quantum computing. Is there any real benefit to them over what we use now? I need a new PC and thinking quantum might be the way to go
>>
File: ayyyyyyquantum.jpg (233 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyquantum.jpg
233 KB, 720x540
Way to avoid answering the question about ISIS & security tbqh
>>
>>71129098

The free market will sort it out, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>71129098
>Is there any real benefit to them over what we use now?
Theoretically they would have tons of times the speed/capacity regular computers have in the same space

>I need a new PC and thinking quantum might be the way to go
Well good fucking luck getting one
>>
>>71127724
he didnt even explain what it is he explained one thing that it isn't
>>
I want to argue with people on Facebook who are lauding this faggot for this, but I keep telling myself it isn't worth it. What is wrong with liberals?
>>
>>71127874
Look up Merkels resume, look up where she studied.

What he stated was nothing more than anecdotal knowledge.
>>
>>71129098
It's better for certain tasks, worse for others. A more likely outcome is that they eventually get combined together on the same platform.
>>
>>71127523
What a fucking joke.
>>71129098
They can do some particular algorithms MUCH faster then a standard computer. It sort of opens up a new little world of computer science, which has a few subtle but important applications (that we see now), like decrypting things much faster.
>>
>>71127523
Why is he so based?
>>
>>71129077
What a world power
>>
QUANTUM COMPUTING
LMAO
>>
>>71127523
No. Most of it is getting things done, like funding the science necessary for improving life, which is why he was at that event.

Dumb shit!
>>
>>71127785
he's fugly, tho
>>
>>71129576

Not necessarily, in the early stages, then yes, hybrid systems would be more practical, due to reliability of quantum systems. But, once quantum computing and connections are completely optimized, I see no reason why it would be more practical to continue using the infrastructure of our current hardware, unless there is some kind of extreme vulnerability in quantum systems that aren't present in current hardware.

Enlighten me though as to why you think a hybrid system would be more practical.
>>
>>71129722
Said the Emufag from Australia, go throw another shrimp on the barbie you wanker
>>
>>71129779
Women all over the world would seem to disagree with you... You seem jealous of our weedman desu
>>
>>71129771
Then why the fuck is there a new headline almost every day about him doing something wacky or endearing?
>>
File: trudeau_kissing_a_dude.jpg (50 KB, 651x354) Image search: [Google]
trudeau_kissing_a_dude.jpg
50 KB, 651x354
>>71129845
>>71129917
He's the hottest homo leader around eh
>>
Cult of personality
>>
>>71127874
>Martin Laforest, a quantum computing expert at the University of Waterloo, told HuffPost Canada that, while Trudeau had just learned about quantum computing that morning, his answer was “quite accurate.”

Did anyone read the article? He literally just repeated something he heard that morning. What an amazing man! Able to repeat something like a child and steal credit like a true politician. Huffpost is an embarrassment of a "news source“. The comments gave me diarrhea.
>>
>>71127523

I'd like to know who the reporter is. Seems to me a setup to combat the image that Justin is an airhead.
>>
>>71127523
The article actually says that he learned about quantum computing that same morning.
It's OK though. I don't like the personality cult going around him but he didn't do anything wrong by answering the question.
>>
File: 1371083698564.png (52 KB, 254x253) Image search: [Google]
1371083698564.png
52 KB, 254x253
>>71129771
>No. Most of it is getting things done, like funding the science necessary for improving life, which is why he was at that event.

Going to things like this is not the leader of the country's only job. Aren't you ashamed of seeing a blatant press figurehead paraded in front of us, while the men who make the decisions that affect the country are working unseen, unelected, and untouchable somewhere in Toronto?
>>
>>71129838
Outside of practical considerations, it's an open question as to whether quantum algorithms are always faster than classical ones for all problems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BQP
>>
>>71130098

Doesn't matter. He's in the same league as Obama now. No matter what he does, he'll still be torn to shreds for doing it. He could push a woman out of the path of an oncoming bus and people will be saying he just did it for the media's attention.

People are bitter fucks nowadays. They just want to bash and belittle others over anything because they feel insecure about themselves.
>>
>>71129845
I'm not making any claims for being a world power, but I'd say my country is on a better road than your walking meme leaders done.
>>
>>71127523
I always have to cringe so hard when obviuous laymen "explain" advanced physics to other laymen.
As if anyone who did not have an understanding of quantum computing before would be any wiser at all.
His shit amounts to "quantum computers can store more information per 'bit' because of wave/particle-duality" - that is not entirely wrong but also no explanation or deduction at all, just buzzword dropping.
And all the nerd professors in the audience are completely loosing it because for once a jock is not making fun of them but showing some interest in their work, as superficial as it might be. Sad, really.
>>
>>71130221

Yeah, for simple algorithms/problems that be solved near instantly with on/off/1/0 calculation, but I thought the whole theory of why a quantum system and qubits are faster is the idea that qubits aren't limited to 0-1 calculating limitations of binary. Qubits can calculate in multiple states simultaneously?

I don't know, guess I need to read up on it more.
>>
>>71130251
I feel insecure because he is trying to destroy Canada.
>>
>>71130328
It is wrong though; quantum bits don't store more information, they only have 0 and 1 states. It's just their state isn't known (and therefore is ""effectively both"") until the algorithm being computed is finished, whereas the memory and hardware registers in a classical deterministic computer will always have a knowable, verifiable 0 or 1 in every bit
>>
>>71130328
I know what you're talking about m8. I couldn't explain to some chick how I didn't really like Neil Degrasse Tyson or Bill Nye. She thought that I should love them because they're explaining physics to the masses, but she couldn't understand what they were presenting is such watered down and sensationalist drivel. A lot of the 'atheism' cult especially ruin it, because they try to make science and philosophy a social/political statement, and you're expected to side with everything they believe in.
>>
>>71128284
>people think im smart because i know a bunch of irrelevant trivia

This is literally sjw/hipsters/cucks/liberals incarnate
>>
File: WEEDMAN.jpg (234 KB, 996x741) Image search: [Google]
WEEDMAN.jpg
234 KB, 996x741
>>71127523

DUDE WEED
>>
He's just a narcissist
>>
>one power going through a wire
>>
>>71130640

You can "compute" all the outputs of a function simultaneously if you have the input qubits in a superposition, but you're still only going to obtain one output when you make a measurement and collapse the superposition. Quantum algorithms are only useful when you can exploit the structure of a problem to interact the Qubits in a novel way such that any measurement will decide the problem. Also quantum algorithms provide a quadratic speed up for brute force searches, which is probably the most general improvement yielded
>>
>>71130328
This
It's fucking astonishing to me how people have the balls to talk about complex physics or engineering stuff just becouse they watched some meme documentary or read an article.
I used to do that when I was a kid and now I that I know the tiniest bit about those things I would never talk about them.
>>
>>71131367
this
>>
File: na0108_lav_v_jeep_c_mf.jpg (85 KB, 940x547) Image search: [Google]
na0108_lav_v_jeep_c_mf.jpg
85 KB, 940x547
I wonder how many of his international admirers know Trudeau's government approved the sale of 900 20-ton 'jeeps' to Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>71127523
Isn't quanta the minimum amount of something?

wouldn't that make it LESS complex then Binary? - hence it's ability to outperform 0111001
>>
>>71127523
Literally Obama's first year in office consisted of going around the world and apologizing to everyone. So yes
>>
>>71128560
Wondering. Do you think Trump, Obama, or Clinton have any understanding at all of quantum computing?
>>
>>71127523
He memorized a few lines to sound smart and the idiots eat out of his hand. Sad really. Canadians are the worst kind of sheep
>>
>>71127724

The people writing the news have even less clues
>>
>>71129845
What's it like to be completely irrelevant in the world?
>>
Why on earth was he anywhere talking about quantum computing in the first place?
>>
>>71132275
It's current year + 1
>>
>>71132023
'Quanta' just means a discrete packet of something. I think it comes from a pseudo-singular version of 'quantity'.
>>
>>71132407
Or I should say, 'quantum' is a discrete pack of 'quantity'. 'quanta' is the plural of 'quantum'
>>
>>71129098
You can use it to make accurate simulations of some particle interactions. They are much slower. The most powerfull ones currently in existence can count to 15 or something like that.
>>
>>71132407
Quanta is the term used to describe a LESS complex bit...
>>
>>71132915
I'm just telling you what the word means. If it conflicts with your understanding of quantum computing, your understanding of quantum computing is wrong.

I'd explain it if I could but I have no idea what you know or what misconceptions you have.
>>
Jumpt to 5:40 for statement about computing speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_IaVepNDT4
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.