[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one month without booze How you doing /pol/? Trump inspired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: man-trying-to-detox.jpg (30 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
man-trying-to-detox.jpg
30 KB, 424x283
>one month without booze

How you doing /pol/? Trump inspired me to become a teetotaler.
>>
>>71127035
why is new jersey put inside of a weird map of spain in that image? what are they trying to prove exactly?
>>
>>71127035

good on you anon.

smoke weed everyday
>>
He sold premium luxury classy Trump Vodka. You are truely gullible.
>>
I had a friend who had to quit once. It seemed like things got really a lot better after about six months. Seemed like that's when he no longer had to really fight the habit.
>>
>>71127035
You are fine. You are american. You dont need booze to lower your iq. Me on the other hand.. i don't want to drink, i Have to.
>>
>>71127602

Hitler would have disapproved in your indulgence
>>
>>71127204
>weed every day
>get almost no REM sleep
>get almost no dreams
>permanent paranoia, proven beyond a shadow of a doubt

party down cuck B)
>>
>>71127205
>premium luxury classy
>Vodka

pick one xD
>>
I've been trying to quit drinking but I keep fucking it up, I don't know what to do.
>>
Tee totalers are some of the most annoying preachy people that exist.

AA is like a religion to them.
>>
>>71127035
I haven't had a drink since last August
>>
going through my second week

problem is i've been slamming at least four beers a day for two years and my gut is fucking chaos now, feels like a warzone in there
>>
>>71127035

I went a week and felt a void inside me. Back to drinking.
>>
File: 7d5.png (272 KB, 680x642) Image search: [Google]
7d5.png
272 KB, 680x642
>>71128482
>Tee totalers are some of the most annoying preachy people that exist.

>hey anon wanna go out for some drinks m8?
>Sorry, Chavler, but I don't drink anymore. Besides, I have to get home to my wife and kids.
>oi ya fokken annoying preachy prick i got no problem bruv, its you thats got the problem. don't miss ur next AA meeting, you preachy sack of shite
>>
Coming up to the 3 month mark. I feel a lot more levelled out. I used to drink about 8 pints of polish beer a night.
>>
>go all week without even thinking about alcohol
>get off work friday
>drive past liquor store
>palms start sweating
>get home
>wait an hour
>feel very thirsty
>can't take it anymore
>feel like tearing my hair out
>drive back up to liquor store

I always think, "Nah, I won't drink tonight" until I drive past that store.
>>
3 months, feels good man. Stomach is flatter than its ever been, work, exercise and sex is all improved. Don't miss hangovers at all.
>>
>>71128895

Tyskie?
>>
>>71128192
The paranoia only happens because it's illegal. They decriminilized it where I live so if you get caught you only get a citation and a 100$ fine. I'm no longer paranoid.

The sleep shit is spot on. I barely have dreams and I never sleep that well. But I am also onset insomniac.
>>
>>71128192
Weed doesn't cause you to lose REM sleep, and it doesn't cause you to not have dreams..
My dreams remain the same regardless if I smoke or not.
>permanent paranoia
Just..
>>
>>71128482

>AA

Who says all teetolers go to AA?

What if it's just a lifestyle choice without ever going to AA?
>>
>>71128409
Stop raising the glass to your mouth dude. I was drinking too much and I kept waking up feeling like shit so I quit drinking for awhile because the few hours of buzz wasn't worth the days of headaches. Now I drink once a week. Either Friday nights or Saturday nights.
>>
>>71129050
Take another route dude.
>>
>>71129050

Almost felt like that last night. I even fantasized about purchasing the liquor all the way up to taking that first sip at home.

Decided against it and am glad I did.
>>
>>71128844
>I have to get home to my wife and her kids

Fixed
>>
Hungover from last night, Ludacris was at my uni.

Was essentially crippled this morning. Went to wawa to get some chocolate milk for the headache and some Jehovah's Witness was handing out pamphlets in the parking lot, he tried talking to me. I told him to fuck off.
>>
I'm a couple of weeks in after being a massive drunk since my early teens. I'd been 90% sure I was getting pancreatitis for a couple of years and last time I drank sealed the deal, I thought I was going to die. Pain's easing off a bit now but I feel like shit for want of a drink.
>>
File: 1443644652336.png (203 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1443644652336.png
203 KB, 500x277
yall cowards dont even abuse alcohol
>>
>>71129427
Everyone is you?

I've never had problems with abstaining either, doesn't meant everyone is capable.
>>
File: duckedup.jpg (108 KB, 980x490) Image search: [Google]
duckedup.jpg
108 KB, 980x490
>>71129597
>saw luda
>chocolate milk from wawa (PA?)
>telling some christ2.0 cuck to frigg off

seems decent
>>
>>71129597

>going to see some nigger making noises on stage
>getting drunk in order to enjoy watching the ape
>feeling like shit afterward
>being nasty to some innocent people trying to spread the word of God.

You need to get sober, bud.
>>
>>71129747
NJ mate
>>
>>71127035
Trump inspired me to at least try. For starters I quit the hard liquors and reduce the amount and times I drink beer. Slowly I hope I can eliminate the urge to drink at all. But man, do I get the shakes for a scotch sometimes. It helped a lot that I stopped smoking, booze & cigarettes go pretty well together, so breaking them apart really helps to kick them both.
>>
>>71129427
I'm aware the answer is just stop but the problem is the decade of heavy drinking making it incredibly hard to do that. The shakes alone make it so I don't keep it up more than a couple days.

The lack of money and terrible insurance make rehab not an option so I can't even just get some benzos to coast for a week
>>
>>71129809
Glenn Beck stopped drinking once. And then what happened? He joined an apocolyptic Jewish cult and shilled for Lyin' Ted Cruz on the basis of God.

Sobriety: not even once.
>>
>>71129809
Not happening. I enjoy being a belligerent drunk asshole
>>
I have to admit, when I'm not drinking, if I'm out, my game is much tighter with m'ladies.

I can be methodical and more witty in communication, I look better, my confidence is real (not liquid). Like fish in a barrel and I feel great in the morning. U drunks really don't know what you're missing out on.

But keep telling yourself you don't have a problem, keep telling yourself you like drinking, spending money on it, getting fat, feeling like shit all the time, thinking about when you can "blow off some steam".

We've been duped into thinking poisoning ourselves is some sort requisate to enjoyment/fun.

I hooked up my first ffm threesome with some blonde QTs while atone cold sober, met them at a bar, bought them some drinks, and played it cool until it was time to smash em both and they loved it...ya they both came
>>
>>71129871

I can't even imagine quitting cigarettes.

Had to go a week without them once. Once the physical symptoms are gone, I was just sitting down saying, "man I could be smoking right now."

That happened every time I idled.
>>
File: 1459949609096.png (205 KB, 630x950) Image search: [Google]
1459949609096.png
205 KB, 630x950
>>71127035
I'm drunk since 2PM
It's saaaaaaaaatuuuurdaaaaaaaaay WOOO
>>
File: disdain_for_plebs.png (71 KB, 178x172) Image search: [Google]
disdain_for_plebs.png
71 KB, 178x172
>>71127035
>drinking alcohol excessively
>smoking
>using drugs (weed etc.)
Might as well kill yourself already.
>>
>>71129999

Enjoy being a nigger worshipping cuck, then.
>>
Same problem with sweets for me.
>>
>>71130100
fuck that looks like my gf
>>
>>71130147
Race draidor dedecded :DD
>>
>>71129311
>But I am also onset insomniac.

neet/student slob etc spotted.

Try doing something while conscious, and your self diagnosed mental problems will fade.
>>
>>71130135
Mad? Your aren't even drunk.
>>
>>71128192
Weed makes your brain slow and stupid.
All ayy weeds I know are retarded.
>>
>>71128192
I usually have very vivid and detailed dreams when high. It's just almost impossible to remember them

>How do you know they are detailed and vivid if you can't remember?

I keep a dream journal to enhance my dream recall. I'm able to get little bits out when high, but it's much more difficult than when sober.
>>
>>71130222
oh fuggg :DD bleese donts hvanging me on the day opf robes :DDDd
>>
I'm one week sober but planning on drinking heavily alone in my room tonight.

I made it 4 months sober but don't really see the point of doing it forever seeing how I only drink one night a week at most now.
>>
>>71129891
Benzos are not hard to find.
Also you can ween yourself off. Just cutting your drinking in half for a week, or two can make your with withdrawals a lot less severe.
>>
I just turned 21 this year and I go through about a fifth of liquor a month. Is this a responsible rate?
>>
>>71130602
I don't have friends and live alone so I can't just buy them
Switching to beer only is the best I've done in terms of cutting down
>>
>>71129891
I used to have a heroin habit. To the point I was stealing to pay for it. One day I realized I couldn't name a successful addict and I quit. If you've never done heroin the withdrawal is brutal. Feels like the flu x1000. I felt like I was going to die. But I made it through three weeks of it. The withdrawal was the worst experience of my life. But it's the withdrawal that is keeping me from doing it again. So think of it that way. The shakes, and the horrible feeling should motivate you to stop drinking. It feels like shit right? It feels like shit because you drank for years. Every time you cave a drink again you are making the withdrawal worse. Power through it man. Embrace the shitty feeling because that goes away and when it's gone you'll feel great.
>>
>>71130741

Yeah, a fifth is fucking nothing in a month. A fifth is 17 shots, so you're drinking like half a shot a day. That's enough to raise your BAC to like 0.0001 a night
>>
File: niggawhat.jpg (36 KB, 320x258) Image search: [Google]
niggawhat.jpg
36 KB, 320x258
>>71130793
The point I'm trying to make is you don't want it hard enough so you're making excuses.
>>
>stop smoking pot
>15 days in
>my friends "WHYD DID YOU STOP REEEEE IM NEVER GONNA STOP"
>me " trying to get a better job, do lazy ass government work for benefits"
>thats stupid
>>
>>71130928

Don't you just want to feel that feeling again? You want to have that first-time high, again, right?
>>
>>71130283
Not self diagnosed. But who cares.
>>
>>71130981
>choosing to be a government slave/leech instead of a spiritual stoner/philosopher king
>thats stupid
>>
>>71131160
No because Im responsible for another life besides my own now.
>>
>>71127035
I did the same thing. 3 months of no tobacco or alcohol.
>>
I drink 8 beers a day minimum, i eat only once, walk 2 hours to work and home, move around the house, still getting fatter and fatter, gotta stop, didn't get laid this year
>>
File: 2016-04-10 04.29.01.jpg (42 KB, 232x193) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-10 04.29.01.jpg
42 KB, 232x193
>>71127035
I gave up booze a couple years ago. Now im angry all the time. I prefer it this way
>>
>>71131560
Eat better. When you only have one meal your body is holding on to the carbs in the beer to store for energy and your are ingesting too many for not enough physical activity
>>
>>71131326
They literally are retarded.

Thinking about getting a job in the postal service. Seems tedious
>>
>>71131560
This ain't yo blog, fatso
>>
>>71131758
I have a buddy doing the same. But he's 45 and been doing construction his whole life so he's ready to do something else. I don't blame him.
>>
>he fell for the Trump meme
>>
>>71131326
Lol thats me
Fuck everything. Every so often i stop what im doing and just go out. Backpackin and getting high. Travelin getting any shit job to fund me and keep on movin
>>
File: ISLAM.png (12 KB, 880x499) Image search: [Google]
ISLAM.png
12 KB, 880x499
I don't drink alcohol. So, I think I'm doing pretty well?
>>
File: 1_530.img_assist_custom-480x850.jpg (270 KB, 480x850) Image search: [Google]
1_530.img_assist_custom-480x850.jpg
270 KB, 480x850
>>
>>71129357
It absolutely, 100% causes a reduction in REM sleep. That's not even arguable, it's too well proven at this point.
>>
>>71128192

Smoke everyday and I had a super full on dream last night. I'm not paranoid either. I don't smoke that stupid skunk shit though. Also haven't drank in nearly a year and a half- don't miss it at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 634x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 634x578
>>71128844
>dps immediately
>>
Drinking just doesn't do anything for me. Have about one drink every couple months or so. Life quality is infinitely better without, don't know why the gummint is so lax on binge drinking.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.