[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/, is this movie going to be a big deal because of current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: The-Birth-of-a-Nation-movie-1.jpg (104 KB, 1088x612) Image search: [Google]
The-Birth-of-a-Nation-movie-1.jpg
104 KB, 1088x612
/pol/, is this movie going to be a big deal because of current race relations?
>>
>>71126995
no. it's going to be a big deal because the academy is gonna vote it best picture by default because of what happened last year.
>>
>>71126995
With the academy? Yes.

With niggers? No.

They hate history.
>>
>>71128025
Basically this. Great timing for the film makers/director.
>>
This movie's going to tank. Looks like a made-for-TV movie.

Digital film has ruined cinematography
>>
>>71129952
What? They love history. Why just yesterday I was accosted by an African American gentleman who explained to me how he was kings.
>>
>>71126995
Is The birth of a nation being re-made?!
>>
>>71126995
No doubt there will be an increase in chimpouts nation wide
>>
>>71126995
So, the real question is will the movie portray Nat Turner's rebellion as a vicious mob that butchered some 60-odd men, women, and children... or will they only be portrayed attacking straight, white, plantation owners decked out in full KKK regalia?
>>
>>71130395
this is literally the most stupid question ever made
>>
>>71128025
>>71129952
>>71130106
Are you sure? It looks laughably bad from the trailer and didn't 12 Years A Slave already win 2 years previously? Gonna look awfully stale with MUH SLAVERY dominating the decade - 150 years after it stopped being an issue to boot.
>>
File: 1442635439422.png (217 KB, 501x648) Image search: [Google]
1442635439422.png
217 KB, 501x648
>Produced by Jason Michael Berman

>Berman
>>
I heard it was very good, and it won a lot of awards from Sundance. I'll give it a chance.
>>
>>71130564
>150 years after it stopped being an issue to boot
Slavery is to blacks what the holocaust is to jews. They will NEVER, EVER, EVER stop talking about it. EVER.
>>
>>71130339
Backwashed is more like it.
>>
>>71130635
>it was very good
>it won a lot of awards from Sundance
pick one
>>
>>71130763
The wikipedia page says the movie got a standing ovation BEFORE IT WAS EVEN SHOWN.

This is some North Korea level shit.
>>
>>71130485
fuck off Spaincuck
>>
>>71126995
>They hate history.
Considering the only history they have recorded is slavery.Probably.
>>
>>71130843
Western elites are already North Korea tier. Reminder that the Norks were the industrial powerhouse of the peninsula at the time the 38th parallel was drawn, it takes time for the decay to manifest but by the time it's noticeable it is already too late.
>>
>>71131054
He's right though. You can already see the propaganda seeping through with made-up bullshit scenes like the white girl leading the black girl with a hangman's noose. That is some Nazi/Soviet tier shit right there.
>>
File: lil dindu.jpg (61 KB, 500x681) Image search: [Google]
lil dindu.jpg
61 KB, 500x681
>>71130564
>didn't 12 Years A Slave already win 2 years previously

Not only did 12 years a slave win, but some of the voting committee who voted for it to win the Oscar, never actually seen the film, they voted for it based on nothing but the subject matter.

>“All the same, two Oscar voters privately admitted that they didn’t see ‘12 Years a Slave,’ thinking it would be upsetting. But they said they voted for it anyway because, given the film’s social relevance, they felt obligated to do so.”

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-oscar-race-20140304-story.html#axzz2v1iGPZM9
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.