[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you racist /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: superthumb.jpg (21 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
21 KB, 300x250
Okay as always it's never that simple. Yes I'm generalising. Not ALL of you are racist and we all have different "levels" of racism (including me). Yes I'm slightly racist (just a bit) and even though I wouldn't really resort to calling someone a "chink" or "nigger" online, I would of course never say these things in real life.

What saddens me is when you look at an ethnic group and instantly come up with a stereotype in your head. Yes I know stereotypes exist for a reason but most are usually negative and done in a way that completely disregards the person as an individual.

eg: Oh boy he's a chink, eaten any dogs today Chen?

I know my flimsy argument only has weight if the person is good natured and as a result I have no defence if the person is bad natured and fulfils the stereotype. In life is it just not that worth it to become emotionally invested in people before summarising them in a given stereotype? Am I just overthinking this /pol/? It really is bothering me.

TLDR: Is it ok to stereotype people and is it not worth it to know the person to break down the stereotype if it is false
>>
File: 1460804418271.jpg (62 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1460804418271.jpg
62 KB, 300x250
>>71114702
It's healthier for you to start with stereotyping.
>>
File: 1454239172215.gif (164 KB, 494x332) Image search: [Google]
1454239172215.gif
164 KB, 494x332
>>71115062
aye? So you're saying what most people are doing in their heads atm is right? If so it feels wrong...
>>
>>71115250
Pretty much, there's a reason it exists
>>
File: m.jpg (35 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
35 KB, 535x577
>>71115577
ahhh....this is making me sad
>>
It's okay to be prejudiced of things that are foreign and unknown to you, or of things that have negative stereotypes associated with them. It's a survival mechanism that keeps you safe from things that could potentially hurt you. Also, you can be prejudiced of a group of people but still give individual people a chance and treat them with common decency. Just be cautious yet polite and learn if that person is true to the stereotype, or if they turn out to be a cool person worthy of your respect.

Also, stereotypes are fun with people who are relaxed about them. I enjoy irreverent online banter with people from foreign countries. People who can take jokes are more fun than those who get offended easily.

How did you end up on this board? You seem oddly sensitive and kind-hearted for a /pol/ack. I get the vibe that you feel guilt about stereotyping people inside your head. Don't worry about it too much, everyone does it, even the people who claim to be "tolerant". In fact, in my experience they seem to be frequently the most eager to stereotype people and justify their hatred for them.
>>
>>71114702
I'm not too fond of racism, stereotypes and all that jazz but you have to be mental to trust a gypsy
>>
>>71114702
I was not racist until I met black people.
>>
Well only nigs I met fall into Tyrone's or Tom who hate themselves ones a nigger and ones a traitor
>>
>>71116683
Fucking hell finlandbro this is probably the best response I've gotten on /pol/ anyway

>It's a survival mechanism that keeps you safe from things that could potentially hurt you

I was thinking this as well but I couldn't articulate it. That's an excellent way to put it.

>Also, you can be prejudiced of a group of people but still give individual people a chance and treat them with common decency. Just be cautious yet polite and learn if that person is true to the stereotype, or if they turn out to be a cool person worthy of your respect.

I used to not think this way. In the beginning I was all "everyone is great regardless of political stance, religion etc" Unfortunately that's not true and there will always be shitty people regardless of their life persuasions and choices. I feel like because when I was little politics and especially religion were HIGHLY taboo so we just sugarcoated it, generalised it and gave it a "you tried" effort ribbon, masking up all the issues into a nice package.

>People who can take jokes are more fun than those who get offended easily.

Ahaha I do it all the time. Plus a lot of my friends like to act black and openly call each other nigger even though we don't have any black friends. I however refuse to say nigger and they keep telling me to lighten up.

>You seem oddly sensitive and kind-hearted for a /pol/ack.

I can be your standard /pol/ack but it only comes out very rarely when I'm either drunk or high. Other than that what I'm typing now is what I am in real life. I just came on /pol/ because 2 years ago in Biology class of my last year of high school a friend showed me 4chan.......

> I get the vibe that you feel guilt about stereotyping people inside your head

Very much

Thanks for the advice. I worry too much
>>
>stereotype

Whether you like it or not, stereotypes come from somewhere and exist for a reason.

>why are you racist

Because sadly it is just common sense when you spend enough time around different ethnic groups.

Some groups are genetic trash and they can't integrate or adapt others are more capable but they miss something else and so on.

As people, they can be fine but as a group that is when the stereotypes and problems come out which throws out most of the tolerance and acceptance attitudes.
>>
>>71114702
What's that picture trying to tell us? That two "good things" also make a good thing? because they chose to use a panda. Objectively in the top 5 most deserves to be extinct, what a tits worthless waste of fucking effort animals.
>>
>>71116816
never met a gypsy or a jew desu
>>
>>71116875
That's exactly what my parents taught me :( Except it was more like:

>Do you want to be like the blacks, no education or job just bumming around all day? You must not be like them when you are older.
>>
>>71117384
pandas kinda suck at life but literally the only reason people like them is because aesthetic yo
>>
>>71117377
> Some groups are genetic trash and they can't integrate or adapt

This is interesting because I have a strange case. Oz 'n NZ are part of the Western World with similar majority religions, parliaments, language etc. What if let's say an American or Irish person speaks English, works, pays taxes but hates our countries? Would you put them in the same boat as a FOB Arab or Chinaman?
>>
>>71117251
My personal theory is that a lot of leftists have very prejudiced thoughts and they feel subconsciously guilty about it. They're in denial and scared of their own thoughts. The accusation of racism is considered so insulting in today's society, and they don't want anyone to have a reason to believe they're a racist; they want to be A Good Person so very badly. That's why they try to be as tolerant as possible and end up overcompensating, like for example by justifying the actions of islamic terrorists or by defending violent criminals just because they had a specific skin tone.

People who are comfortable with their opinions can maintain a civil conversation or listen to another person's point of view, and they can even consider changing their own opinion if the other guy has a good enough of an argument to provide. But a lot of supposedly tolerant leftists get irrationally angry when facing someone with opposing opinions. I think it's cognitive dissonance; some part of them can see the other guy's argument makes sense, but they don't want to admit it out loud, because they fear that they'd look like a racist or something.
>>
>>71114702
good thread
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.