[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's investigate the hypothetical scenario of Turkey splitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: anatolia.png (134 KB, 739x544) Image search: [Google]
anatolia.png
134 KB, 739x544
Let's investigate the hypothetical scenario of Turkey splitting into two countries: Byzantium and a new Turkish republic, roughly as (pic related). How would that affect the world's status-quo?

Also, if there are any Turks around, how would you feel about that? Imagine a new country with Istanbul as its capital, and eastern Turkey still headed by Ankara. Is there any ideological / sociopolitical conflict in Turkey that could push to this direction? Would you wish for something like this provided it would make Europe more cooperative with the western side?
>>
Russia would have a field day.
>>
>>71108884
if we could get byzantinium to ally with Greece, we would have more control over the Black Sea and could theoretically blockade it if needed. I like it
>>
Turkey took that land in combat fair and square, why shouldnt they control it?
>>
Why not just relocate all the Turks to the Black Sea and give the entire Anatolian peninsula to Greece?
>>
>Let's investigate the hypothetical scenario of Turkey splitting into two countries
Stop right there, what's the mechanism for this happening and whu?
>>
>>71108884
what ? first that i hear think you should say IS and not Turkey second they are in Nato so if there is no civil war its only a dream
>>
>>71109299
we say civil war like in Syria more rapefugees
>>
>>71109259
They would. I'm not implying an ethnic cleansing or a Greek-controlled government. They would still be ethnic """"""Turks"""""", speak Turkish, be Muslim, whatever. In fact, it doesn't even have to be named Byzantium. Western Turkey and Eastern Turkey, sure.

>>71109299
One scenario would be internal conflict between Turks that prefer to be westernised, and those that would rather go back to being a Sultanate. I'm not sure if there's such ongoing conflict, but my impression is that western Turks are less roaches than eastern ones and Erdogan is pushing things very far with media censorship, electoral frauds and so on.

A different scenario is circumstances in WW3 making it so they side with the wrong ally. They lose, they have their territory split. In this case, I suppose a comparison with West and East Germany, or perhaps North and South Korea, could be made.
>>
>>71108884
Can you Greek faggots stop making these threads for 10 seconds

You're not getting Istanbul

You're a cucked nation of losers whose women sell their pursues for canned beans
>>
>>71109259
because the color of their skin
>>
>>71109259
We could take that land in combat fair and square, why shouldn't we?
>>
>>71109224
>blockading the Black Sea

It's like you want Russia to liberate you from your evil fatcat oppressive politicians.
>>
>>71108884

This is how we should have made it after WWI.
>>
>>71109633
nah its morelike thr kurds start to split up and IS come as 3rd part when its rolling but greek-guy how do we start it without more imigrends
>>
>>71109816
That's how it was supposed to be according to the treaty of Sevres, but the Turks fought the Entente forces off.
>>
>>71109923

We barely tried.
>>
You guys are so dumb, how do you ever think people living in the region, people like me, will accept this "byzantium"?

Jesus christ you people are naive.
>>
>>71108884
We get Odrin back right ?
>>
>>71108884
i just want turkey not to be a dictatorship i want to visit i bet the coast is beautiful
>>
>>71110140

The country being a "dictatorship" shouldn't prevent you from executing your plans.

It's not like you'll get caught up in internal politics on the coasts of the Mediterranean
>>
>>71109648
Anyone with half a brain will tell you that we don't want Istanbul back. That would effectively make us a minority in our own country. It simply can't be done in the foreseeable future.

However, having Turkey remove the part that drags it down would be good for everyone in the western world. And yes, it would help Greece lessen defence expenditure and provide a very good ally. But that would be an ally to Europe and West, not just Greece.

>>71110089
How about a proper, European western Turkey and a Sultanate eastern Turkey? I used this image, but don't take the names or borders as such. It could be Turkey and Ottoman Sultanate, for example.
>>
>>71108884
The Turkish people are so nationalistic and proud of their country, that something like this will never happen. It's a great place really. The frendliest people I've met.

>go to greece
>greeks try to cheat and scam me at every opportunity
>food is only catered towards tourists in restaurants
>never get receipts for anything
>people complain about everything 24/7
>>
>>71110304

How about a proper, debt free greece and a debt ridden greece?

These naive daydreams are just so stupid.
>>
>>71110089
well israel keep the living so its posible
>>
>>71110304

Not only that, but these "borders" already exist.

The country is already split, in the east you have the kurds, anatolia belongs to the muzzies, and we "thraciancs" are a bunch of alcoholics who don't really give many fucks about islam, the system works.
>>
>>71110425
Turks actually have to be nice to tourists because they're under heavy scrutiny as it is. Greeks know that tourists will come regardless of how they're treated because of the country's history so they act superior to foreigners.

Greeks are fucking lovely outside of tourist areas though, the best every experience I've had in Europe was in a taverna in a Greek mountain village with authentic service and a local band playing.
>>
>>71110304
>>71110428
>Greeks rekt by turks
>Again and again

top kek
>>
South-East Turkey goes to Kurdistan.
>>
>>71110510
Does it, though? Tension with countries like Greece and Russia still exists today, and the baggage associated with the country makes it hard for proper alliances to happen.

Splitting Turkey into "good" and "bad" Turkey could benefit "good" Turkey the same way Israel's position and political circumstances benefit Israel.
>>
>>71108884

How about first kick out all the turks from greece?
>>
>>71109709
we should

we could take Constantinople/Istanbul and rename it New New York
>>
>>71110510
More importantly, how does it "work" when there are parts of Turkey that sympathise with IS and parts of Turkey that want to enter the EU? As it is, Turkey is one entity under one leadership. Allying with Erdogan means allying with both sides of the country.

Though, I should say that this isn't necessarily a bad thing if that's what you want. Turkey doesn't necessarily have to ally with either side, and I suppose that your status as a "middleman" of sorts have benefit you quite a few times. However, you shouldn't expect people to think that the split already exists.
>>
B-bump
>>
>>71109299
1. Kurds getting kornets iglas and shmels along with excessive training.
2. Any ati-government protest in turkey that ends up with ghost snipers doing their thing
3. Rapefugees getting armed and chimping out on the turkish side of the turk/syrian border
3. Isis getting a tip where they could swarm some turkish ground and entrench
4. False flag in Armenia after Armenian military gets the best possible equipment Russia can give them
5. 30 transport trucks stationed near a rented warehouse in Greece, protected and driven by poor unemployed edgy bulgars, serbs, fyromans and chechen mercenaries.

All of this to be set in motion should need an utterly failed tourist season and any branch of turkish production.
>>
File: 1457569041120.gif (913 KB, 463x360) Image search: [Google]
1457569041120.gif
913 KB, 463x360
>>71110068
I dont think you got to try anything. Finding the battle-fields are really hard for you.
>>
Turkey, this is your only chance to be a memelord like us!
>>
File: 1460796302868.png (148 KB, 739x544) Image search: [Google]
1460796302868.png
148 KB, 739x544
>>71108884
Sure this is interesting but whats up with the Dodecanese and Cyprus? This would be a terrible country composition and even if "Byzantium" or whatever wins this territories in war, there is no way treaties after the war leave claims like this. It's never happened before. Here is your starting map, OP.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.