[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weedman on quantum physics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: weedsmug.png (258 KB, 625x353) Image search: [Google]
weedsmug.png
258 KB, 625x353
https://youtu.be/rRmv4uD2RQ4

>LE WEEDMAN NERDS OUT ON QUANTUM PHYSICS

"Don't get me started" or "I've reached the extent of my understanding gleaned from a buzzfeed science article"

During a visit to the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Waterloo on Friday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau responded to a reporter's sarcastic comment about his knowledge of quantum computing by giving the reporter a quick lesson on it.

Before going into politics, Trudeau taught at the elementary and high school level in Vancouver, studied engineering and started a master’s degree in environmental geography. On Friday morning in Waterloo, Ont., Trudeau reached into that background in dealing with a reporter’s question about quantum computing.

I was going to ask you to explain quantum computing but…” the reporter said before asking a serious question about Canada’s role in defeating ISIS.

>implying Canada wants to defeat ISIS
>>
Why is "penis" all he can think of?
Quantum computers are not about putting "more information" into "smaller computers". What the...

This is about deterministic vs. nondeterministic finite state machines. And while it does sound awesome if we could traverse all nondeterministic paths and get an answer in an instant, only a small fractions of problems could be even solved with such an algorithm. Some important problems, for sure. But it's not some sort of holy grail.

>DUUUUDE WEEEED
>>
FUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREADFUCK OFF WE JUST HAD THIS THREAD
>>
He didnt study shit though

He dropped out two times
>>
dude, weed LMAO
>>
File: 57335g51.png (95 KB, 475x507) Image search: [Google]
57335g51.png
95 KB, 475x507
>tfw when you have 16 cores in your awesome pc
>yet no software that actually makes use of more than two cores at a given time
Parallel programming is fucking hard.
>>
File: 2.2-en[1].png (85 KB, 1000x628) Image search: [Google]
2.2-en[1].png
85 KB, 1000x628
>>71103063

He dropped out of engineering. All he has is an arts degree and an education diploma so he can teach.

This guy couldn't do an integral to save his life.

Fuck I'm so done with the Canadian media, subsidized by our tax dollars cause they're not solvent themselves, sucking his cock at every moment.

Money well wasted. The job market is complete shit in Canada and doesn't look it's going to get any better soon. Can wait to see this fucker ousted out of office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KeJi2KMSPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp_O3liJpu8
>>
>>71103875
diminishing returns man, diminishing returns
>>
>>71103875
Quad core is the standard for a reason anon.
>>
>>71104049
Don't confuse canadian media with the cbc. The cbc is a government/union mouthpiece but our private papers are great and pretty unbiased because the market is so small they have no other choice.
>>
>>71104049
You also need to understand that the aboriginals are under the feds whereas me and you are citizens of the crown in right of our respective provinces. Ontario/Alberta funds all this shit for us, we can thank Quebec for that one.
>>
File: gV6TKA9.jpg.png (132 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
gV6TKA9.jpg.png
132 KB, 396x385
>>71104432
>diminishing returns man, diminishing returns
On one hand that's certainly true, on the other not all problems can be easily paralellized, no matter how much work/costs you're willing to put into this.

>>71104539
>Quad core is the standard for a reason anon.
>mfw all 16 cores are running at 100% while training some support vector machines (yeah, yeah, now it's all about deep learning...).
Feels good man.
>>
>>71103875
CPU's aren't the limiting factor for consumers it's the video cards, and for businesses there are plenty of programs that can use 16+ threads. Adobe Aftereffects is probably the most used one.
>>
ITT: misinformation
/g/entleman here. You're all wrong.
>>
>>71104049
>This guy couldn't do an integral to save his life.
If he knows how to get the primitive, then he only needs at most a few example formulas.
Integrals are pretty easy.
>>
>>71104896
True, true. That is...

>CPU's aren't the limiting factor for consumers it's the video cards,
...unless you play Arma3. Then it's indeed the CPU which is limiting (just that single core though). :|
>>
>>71105177
You're right but ARMA3 is just VBS repackaged.
>>
File: 1330150673197.jpg (83 KB, 1095x795) Image search: [Google]
1330150673197.jpg
83 KB, 1095x795
>>71103063
>weedman in my home town

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GET OUT
>>
>>71103875
It is kind of annoying that they keep upping the core count despite nothing really using it, but when you find something that does it's pretty awesome.
I've used multithreading in some of my programming before for doing loops and it's pretty awesome when you max out every cpu.
>>
>>71103063
Meh, everyone can understand quantum physics while high on weed. Nothing special.
>>
>>71103063
ITT: WEEDMAN doesn't actually get shit on quantum physics, and /pol/acks talk out of their collective ass thinking they do.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.