[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Journalists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: spider.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
How does /pol/ feel about current journalists? I frankly feel like they are mostly scumfucks with zero intergrity, or at the very least hypocrites in even the most based journalists.

Also, terms that you're fucking tired of seeing as news headlines. SLAM or SLAMMED. Everyone one and everybody in the politics game is slamming someone or some organization. You'd think that it was fucking WWF they were talking about and not the people we are electing to lead us as a country.

Then again, we're going to elect a guy who was once ON WWF, so maybe we've just come full circle. What say you?
>>
>>71100535
they will not survive the day of the rope
>>
File: pepebateman.png (193 KB, 559x558) Image search: [Google]
pepebateman.png
193 KB, 559x558
>>71100535
They've devolved into bloggers. Everything is about grabbing a shrinking slice of an ever-fractured readership.

They abandoned integrity years ago, fuck 'em.
>>
>>71100967
Did they really ever have any?

I'd like to think that some of the older reporters did, like Walter Cronkite, people who actually went out into the middle of the shit to get their story were based, but for all I know, it could all be propaganda bullshit.
>>
>>71100535
It's easy to hate journalists. It's harder to understand them. You have to realize that they make peanuts. Journalism is one of the lowest payed careers a highly educated person can get. They're paupers. Consequently, they lose any sense of ethics real damn fast when they can't pay the rent.

Which makes perfect sense when you regard their work. Do they air the truth? Do they speak truth to power? Of course not. There's no money in that. Instead, they publish whatever is sensational enough to get the most attention for the least work. After that, their sponsors own them, and they'll air what they're told to air or risk losing their advertising revenue.

Truly, it's not a new story. Journalism has always been and will always be yellow.
>>
>>71100535
Today on NPR there was this long, drawn out, bit by bit "story" recounting how Seth Myers and Obama insulted Donald Trump at a Correspondents' Dinner. This news service has had nothing to say about the knockout game or Tevin Geike the soldier getting beaten to death in uniform by blacks screaming about crackers. But they want you to savor every second of Donald Trump getting insulted.
I want to wake up and hear that NPR reporters are getting pulled apart by their pet chimps and to the end they honestly don't understand where the anger is coming from.
>>
>>71101584
He was stabbed to death, actually.

Just coincidence, but when I looked this up, this was a headline

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/04/22/soldier-says-he-stabbed-2nd-soldier-in-self-defense/26175735/

I thought the JBLM stood for Junior Black Lives Matter, like they had made an Cub Scouts equivalent for being a nigger.
>>
>>71101584
The thing is, if they're talking about Trump, they're giving him free publicity. And it's better publicity than he could have payed for.

Trump writes about this in The Art of the Deal. People are naturally distrustful of the press, and even moreso of government. When the media writes negatively about you, it actually turns a lot of people on to you.

This is what they fundamentally fail to understand. This is why they're flummoxed as to why he's soaring in support while they defame him. And those dumb bastards would only have to pick up a fucking book and read to realize it. They're just too stupid to. They're literally too stupid to read when their fucking job is writing.
>>
>>71100535
This is modern journalism:

1. Find unimportant faux-controversy
2. Elevate the inane mutterings of twitter accounts or blogs to the level of analysis/discussion
3. Hope this trends and that everyone gets offended
4. Profit from increased website traffic
5. Repeat
>>
Mouthpieces of The State. Most don't do any actual reporting. They spew neocon lies and cultural Marxism 24/7/365
>>
>>71101376
South Park made a great episode about how advertisements evolved into articles, and then finally people. I feel this idea is related.
>>
>>71104970
>I feel this idea
Never do that again.
>>
>>71105156
>language policing
whats the matter, did he trigger you?
>>
>How does /pol/ feel about current journalists?

Nothing but propagandists nowdays
>>
File: chuckling Mondale.gif (477 KB, 160x198) Image search: [Google]
chuckling Mondale.gif
477 KB, 160x198
>>71101894
>I thought the JBLM stood for Junior Black Lives Matter, like they had made an Cub Scouts equivalent for being a nigger.

I loved overy laugh
>>
>>71105295
His language doesn't bother me so much as the idea he expressed. To wit, confusing his ideas with his feelings.
>>
File: hunter.jpg (27 KB, 460x280) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
27 KB, 460x280
I want to become a data journalist as a career. I'm double majoring in computer science and philosophy so I can code and program well.

At least data journalism isn't prone to leftist shilling. Data is redpilled, especially on race and gender, as we've seen time and time again on /pol/.

Mainstream media will pay me a hefty salary for my programming skills, unlike my poverty level peers.

Do you still think I'm making a mistake, pol?

Pic related, my favourite journalist.
>>
>>71105951
You're just splitting hairs over semantics.
>I think this idea is related
Same fucking sentiment. Don't act like you don't know what he meant.
>>
File: prayeroftherollerboys.jpg (239 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
prayeroftherollerboys.jpg
239 KB, 480x272
>>71100766
Every damned time. Seriously, go watch this movie and suffer with me.
>>
>>71101213
Cronkite was bullshit, I know that for sure.

You'll be back to the point where newspapers and magazines are no longer considered credible sources of information at all before you'll find an era of unbiased reporting.

I'm fine with accepting that they never had any integrity. That was the idea of the 1st amendment. False ideas would be able to be called out.
>>
>>71100535
None have claim to independence as they have all show no concern for the direction they give by sporting an opinion. I'm glad the field is dying out or being drowned out and we can finally see it for what it is, the arbitrarily defined significance of an oligarchical editor adept at falling within the bias transparency rules. We will lose some accuracy, but what use is accuracy if you teach people not to look for it with every other breath?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.