[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fucking, killing, then eating a small child is wrong >country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: 1459252246179 (1).jpg (42 KB, 680x548) Image search: [Google]
1459252246179 (1).jpg
42 KB, 680x548
>Fucking, killing, then eating a small child is wrong
>country music sucks

As an atheist, both of these claims have exact equal weight. It's all just personal preference.
>>
No, it's based on morals. Not personal preference.
>>
>>71099888
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>71100170

What makes morals anything more that subjective? How does that give them more weight than personal preference?

You don't like something because you wouldn't do it yourself = atheist morals.
>>
What if the kids are being solely raosed to be eaten, like cows? What if they wouldnt exist otherwise?
>>
>>71100322
Either a troll, or simply stupid. Atheist does not mean you have no moral or different one, you can stil shame sluts for being sluts.
>>
>>71099888
IS THIS A RARE FLAG???
>>
>>71100397

Then people wouldn't exist.

>>71100464

>Atheist does not mean you have no moral or different one

Not sure what this means, but I would REALLY love you to explain how an atheist has objective morality. That'd be fun.
>>
>>71099888
You might be an atheist but that's not why you believe these things.
>>
>>71100479
Only if gambling is illegal in your state.
>>
>>71100464
>Either a troll, or simply stupid. Atheist does not mean you have no moral or different one, you can stil shame sluts for being sluts.
How bluepilled can you get? He's right, what you believe is right or wrong differs between people and is completely subjective. That's it.
>>
>>71100544

Empathy is an emotion. Religion doesnt denote emotion. What kind of tard takes his morals from somebody else?

I cant even imagine the Brazilian education system.
>>
>>71100544
Atheist=don't believe in god.
>>71100599
It is subjective, i state that only atheism does not change the whole morale basis you have. So saying "it is ok for atheists to eat babies" is pure bullshit.
>>71100743
>Brazilian education system.
Dancing?
>>
>>71100599

So you condone people who fuck and kill little boys and girls?
>>
File: Ainsley-Harriott-330255.jpg (41 KB, 590x438) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley-Harriott-330255.jpg
41 KB, 590x438
>>71100743

>I cant even imagine the Brazilian education system.
>>
>>71100801

Are you saying atheists can believe in objective morality?

haha, oh...wow.

Okay, where does THAT come from?
>>
>>71100801
If we're putting religion into this, religions give men a set of rules. If they follow the beliefs then they follow the rules laid out. Sure some might bend the beliefs or pick and choose, but saying religion has no effect on morality is dubious at best.
>>
>>71100743

>Empathy is an emotion
>my feels tells me what's right and wrong

This is explains a lot about you.
>>
>>71100930
Media, just look at liberals.
>>
>>71101006

>Athiests have no emotion

Thanks for reiterating.
>>
>>71100930
Are your eyes in your butt? What the fuck, m8, how did you even made this up? How can MORALS be fucking OBJECTIVE? Are you full ape mode in your jungles?
>>71100983
Well, todays whole law system has much in common with religious rules n bible (don't kill steal and shit), so it is really hard to take them apart.
>>
There are objectively positive outcomes and objectively negative ones.

Your belief has little to no impact on this.
>>
>>71101022

>gets his morality from the media

Holy shit, why not just become a fucking Christian?

>Thanks for reiterating.

I didn't even iterate, to start with. Having feelings does not even imply that those feelings should be used to denote morality. Some people FEEL good while knowingly spreading aids. It probably makes some people feel pretty good to eat shit. Are you one of them?
>>
>>71101167

>How can MORALS be fucking OBJECTIVE?

So you're saying they're SUBJECTIVE, and therefore no more weighted than preference. Thanks for admitting it.
>>
>>71101257
>insulting
>provocative
>pretends to be an idiot
Yep, thats trolling.
>>
>>71101167
Yes, I would imagine laws also play into a person's morality.
>>
>>71099888
WASTE OF EPIC DUBS
>>
>>71101351

>insulting
>provocative

If you don't want your precious feelings hurt, you can fuck off back to tumblr, lad.

If not, then answer the fucking questions and statements put to you with some manner of dignity. Jesus fuck..
>>
>>71101320

If you believe fucking children is equal to disliking a type of music then objectively, there's something wrong with you.
>>
>>71101478

Explain how, without referring to objective morality.
>>
>>71101536

Which is worse?

>A pedophile fucking your 3 year old daughter vaginally/anally/orally?
Or
>A man telling her that country music sucks.
>>
>>71101536

Because inflicting suffering is immoral. How is it not? What does god have to do with it? Are you retarded or just trolling?
>>
>>71101681

Which FEELS worse? A.

Which IS worse? Neither.

How could you say otherwise, without being on exactly the same level as someone who hates their 3 year old daughter and reveres country music?
>>
>>71101771

>Because inflicting suffering is immoral. How is it not?

Then why eat meat? Why kill mosquitoes? Unless you mean human suffering? In which case, how do you justify ever defending yourself?
>>
>>71101781

I didn't ask which feels worse.
>>
'Morality' is just a made up term for things that feel natural to most people in society. It's basically an excuse to shame people who don't fall in line.

In Iraq, it is morally correct to hang homosexuals for buttsex, while this is morally incorrect in the West (excluding pol, perhaps). It is morally correct in the West to shame whites for the colour of their skin, and the success of their race, while calling them racist at the same time. It is morally correct to jail a 19 year old boy who has sex with his 17 year old girlfriend for years, while letting a 20 year old woman who molests a 10 year old boy off with a warning.

You get my point, right? Morality is bullshit. If you happen to agree with most people about most things, you're gonna have an easier time than if you happen to disagree, and that's all there is to it.
>>
>>71101871
your a nigger lets just say that and end the thread, a nigger, Is a person who does not care for anyone a nigger, is a person who complain you sir are a nigger.
>>
>>71102075
complains* fuck my s key
>>
>>71101885

Lucky I answered both, then.

Pity you couldn't do the same.

>>71102075

get fucked. evading the proposition put to you in the OP for SO LONG. It's like you can't answer to it.
>>
>>71102124
>>71102075

Go back to elementary school and learn proper grammar. I don't understand anything that you typed.
>>
>>71099888
>A FUCKING FLOWER
>>
>>71101871

Because its delicious. It is wrong, but not so wrong I care. Mosquitos inflict suffering themselves. Those opinions are subjective, still nothing to do with God.
>>
>>71102052
>It is morally correct in the West to shame whites for the colour of their skin, and the success of their race, while calling them racist at the same time

You people take the internet way too seriously. Please, get out of the house.
>>
File: 1402432940336.jpg (233 KB, 541x458) Image search: [Google]
1402432940336.jpg
233 KB, 541x458
>Believing in the christian gay beating god is good.
>Believing in the child raping Baal demon is good.

As a theist, both of these claims have exact equal weight. It's all just personal preference.

Please go die, OP.

:^)
>>
>>71102177

>Mosquitos inflict suffering themselves

Okay, well, someone saying they don't like country music offends me, so I am going to kill them. That's fair now, right?

>nothing to do with God

I haven't ever said it is. Go strawman somewhere else.
>>
>tripfag

Why are you guys even responding?
>>
>>71102302

>as an atheist

"let's just ignore this, because I can't answer what he's saying. I'll just PRETEND he's an adherent of Abrahamic religion!"

top kek, you stupid bastard.
>>
File: 1451017629145.jpg (180 KB, 833x1179) Image search: [Google]
1451017629145.jpg
180 KB, 833x1179
>>71099888
No, I hold killing and eating children as strictly inhuman and horrible.
Out of an evolutionary standpoint killing and eating our children would not be beneficial fr our genes, so we evolved to see it as a horrible and cruel act (WHICH IT IS)
However, look at the Cuckoo, a bird that is born into the nest of another bird species. when they are born they push all of the eggs out of the nest so as to get the most nutrients. Humanly we might view this as evil. To the Cuckoo, it's just part of growing up.
>>
>>71102224
nigger detected.

If it makes you feel any better, most of us actually do see you as a parasite to be eliminated, rather than a human. So your cries of racism aren't too far-fetched. However your belief that we are incorrect, and that you are in fact worth as much as Whites or Asians.... That's just plain ridiculous.
>>
>>71102338

No because the suffering of their murder is greater than the suffering of their criticism
>>
>>71100464

>he stated his morality, or lack thereof

>your morals are what i say they must be based on your unrelated claim of atheism

are you hard of thinking?
>>
>>71100291

>wrong

why must something be wrong with him?

but what is wrong with YOU is that you dont see that that is subjective
>>
>>71102409

Are you sure you read my post right?

Also, morals, as well as religion, are a creation of humans. It's a societal imagined order, and in most societies, if not all of them, harming a child is way more immoral than hating a given type of music, even in societies that lack inherent religion.

There's plenty of historical evidence.

Your retardation is amusing though. Please keep me entertained.
>>
>>71100828

>condone

how much more can it possibly be simplified?

you are likely incapable of "getting" it
>>
>>71101006

>feels

that pretty much all of morality and ethics to.... everyone who engages in such things
>>
>>71101681
which is worse is subjective

>>71101478
>objectively wrong

no such thing

>>71101781

>which feels worse?

according to who?
and under what circumstances?

see? subjective.

>>71101871
>inflicting suffering is immoral

subjective
>>
>>71102165
he cares about no one but himself, a nigger.
>>
>>71099888
>Country Music Sucks
just hows how non white cucked you are
>>
>>71100930

what the hell?

and what makes a theists/deists morality any better or closer to objectivity?

yeah, you are the definition of a "critical thinker"
>>
>>71101478

P.S.:

>given thing is objectively wrong

according to who?
>>
>>71102689
>feels

I think it can pretty much be narrowed down to the chemical reactions in peoples' brains, encouraging them to engage in / support behaviour that is beneficial for humanity's survival and future.

However, if evolution is correct, these "feelings" are the result of hundreds of thousands of years of trial and error. So they are still different in everyone, it's just that most people are similar to a reasonable extent.

If you happen to be one of the ones who feels differently, you're fucked. Humans will discourage you from reproducing, and, hopefully (from the human point of view) you will die, and nature can just pretend you never happened and start over.
>>
>>71102689
So it's personal preference then.
>>
>>71100322
Simple. Morality is just stupid bullshit people made up to make themselves feel safe. For example, the majority of people do not want to get killed. Therefore they say that murder is wrong. They understand that if killing people was acceptable then they would be allowed to kill someone but likewise someone would also be able to kill them. A concept like this would not make people feel safe so it gets rejected in favor of banning murder.
However, the idea that murder is immoral is rarely the case. Most of the time it only applies to the self and the people one cares for. For instance, even if someone says killing some is wrong, they may still support war which inevitably leads to innocent people getting killed. This also leads to the value of a human life. If you woke up tomorrow and read that 100 of your citizens died, you will likely have a stronger reaction then the same amount of people killed somewhere else. Why is that? Because one makes you feel less safe. And the other is out of sight out of mind.

Therefore, morality is a sham.
>>
>>71103067
Yup. But if your personal preference conflicts with those who hold the power in society, they will stop you from doing whatever your personal preference tells you to. (And you will be called "immoral.")
>>
File: MarLuDaKang.jpg (117 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MarLuDaKang.jpg
117 KB, 500x500
>>71102409
>>scientific method was created by humans and doesn't exist in physical reality
>>religion was created by humans and doesn't exist in physical reality
>>the world is a flat round disc in the bible has the same weight as measurements and studies in astronomy and math
>>
>>71099888
Ok.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.