[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /pol/ believe in the "smoking is bad" meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 800x884) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 800x884
Does /pol/ believe in the "smoking is bad" meme?
>>
>post facts about shit in cigs
>its a le meme tho right xD?
>>
>>71090035
Smoking is bad for you. You are inhaling smoke into your lungs and back out for other people to inhale.
>>
it is rather overstated. smoker paradoxes rustle so many jimmies.
>>
>>71090035
>bad
I don't believe in moralizing, it's simply an expensive and unhealthy habit.
>>
both are equally degenerate
http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html
>>
>>71090199
Greece has the second longest life expectancy of any country and is the highest consumer of cigarettes out of any country ever
Not to mention the number one healthiest country, Japan, which 30% of the population is made up of smokers
>>
>cures cancer

potheads spout this buzzword all the time but I have yet to see evidence for it

Besides, smoking anything will have the same effects on lungs because of carcinogens.
>>
File: 1439857357225.jpg (112 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439857357225.jpg
112 KB, 1024x1024
I smoke weed everyday, and I'd genuinely like to know if it harms me at all.

I've read so many articles saying that it does and many more that it does not. I'm seriously not sure what to believe.

Have I been gaslighted into being a weed man?
>>
>>71090574
see
>>71090471
it'll fuck your lungs up pham
>>
>not addictive

Give me a break.
>>
>>71090035
I want to ban the 2
For psychological reason for weed
For health reason for tabbaco
>>
>>71090035
Its /pol, of course it does.
>>
Both are equally bad, maybe more so marijuana for the psychological effects it has.
>>
You know what else is bad for your health? Stress, Red Meat, Fat, Salt, Sugar, Car fumes, Excessive sitting, etc.

There are a lot of health factors that need to be considered in day to day life.

Smoking is a bad vice but it's not inherently worse than most things.

Also, the stress relieving factor and short breaks of reflection people take while using them at work have been proven to improve well being and stress levels.

Give and take.

t. smoker
>>
>cures cancer
It can cause cancer. fucking smoke on your lungs don't say anything?

>used mediccinally throughout history
just like heroin.

>not addictive
"I can quit smoggin when I want!"
>>
>>71090035
If you bitch about smoking, you are an sjw. Just another sign of our crybaby culture in the west. Mind your own business.
>>
>>71090647
But it feels so good and it makes the haunting void in my life go away for a while.
>>
>>71090354
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/105/8/e55.full
> The existence of the Smoker’s Paradox has been recently refuted in the study by Gottlieb et al2 and in our study.3 Both these studies were based on countrywide registries of consecutive, unselected patients with acute myocardial infarction and included multivariate analysis adjusting for the main confounding factors. Thus, the use of the term “smoker’s paradox” itself does not seem to be fully justified.
>>
>>71090911
one day you're not going to have weed, and that void is going to be much worse than it is now
>>
>>71090876
This.

I say this as someone who quit smoking, mostly because I couldn't afford it.

Genetics are the huge contributor to your overall health, and while smoking is by no means good for you, it is nowhere near as bad as stress.

I miss smoking sometimes, it was a great stress reliever.
>>
>>71090877
actually cannabis smokers don't really have a higher risk for cancer. thc has anticancer properties. If you ingest oil or vape, yes it actually inhibits cancer.

Additionally, heroin is just an opiate, and opiates of all kinds including heroin (as diamorphine) are still used as medicine.

Lastly, cannabis is addictive as is anything that feels good, such as food, sex or gambling. However it is much easier to quit than cigarettes.
>>
>>71090035
Smoking is generally not a good idea, whether its tobacco, cannabis, meth, or whatever.
That said, there is nothing wrong with cannabis edibles.
>>
File: 1426201498899.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1426201498899.png
56 KB, 401x372
>>71090748
>I want to ban the 2
You know cannabis actually is banned in most countries, right?
>>
>>71090911
Watch this South Park piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2aQTn_1Ao
>>
>>71090574
Inhaling any kind of high-temperature gas on a regular basis can damage your lungs, regardless of what that gas is. The sheer heat can cause internal burns which can lead to scarring.

Bongs are far better than joints for this reason, since the smoke passes through water which cools it.
>>
>>71090973
explain the diminished outcomes of alzheimers and parkinsons? why do smoker lungs get transplanted to no less effect than normie lungs?
We can be anti-drug but not anti-science the anti-smoking side has been unfair to a point there can be no damage control.
>>
>>71090035
I smoke both tobacco and cannabis but

>cures cancer
you're inhaling carcinogens which causes cancer. The association that pot has with the treatment of cancer is because it lessens the nausea you get from chemotherapy

>used medicinally throughout history
total non sequitur. Should we also legalise opioids and amphetamines?

>not addictive
psychological addiction is still addiction
>>
File: 1460769775229.jpg (94 KB, 475x567) Image search: [Google]
1460769775229.jpg
94 KB, 475x567
Smoking cigarettes looks cool though
>>
>>71091225
Not in my neighbor country
>>
>>71091455
\confirm, and it does
>>
>>71091042
I don't have weed a lot of days. I get by fine, I just like to get high and play games and listen to music so I forget the horrible unrewarding grind of daily life.
>>
i smoke every day and the only bad thing about it is not being able to sleep well without it
>>
>>71091137
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/cancer-questions/does-smoking-cannabis-cause-cancer

Of course we still use opiates, they are for moments when nothing can go worse, not for a fatso use while watching Honey BooBoo

There's no "easier", the psychological addiction is way more powerfull then the chemical. Both are similar in that aspect.
>>
>>71091252
This. That's the whole purpose of a bong and why my custom made e-cig is actually an e-bong.
>>
>>71091700
well, as long as it doesn't become a ''i have to do it before i do literally anything'' addiction
>>
Marijuana does not cure cancer. It helps slow it down from spreading to other parts of the body. That is the only good thing that Marijuana produces against cancer.
>>
>>71092116
this
pro apotosis/anti-cancer is not cure. Cure implies a misunderstanding of cancer.
>>
>>71091240
I've seen it, it makes a good point, but have you tried the drug yet? It feels pretty good, my friend.
>>
>>71091137
I know a lot of people who smoke. I know a lot of people who have quit smoking cigarettes. Every single person I know that has smoked weed continues to smoke weed.

If smoking weed lets you cope with your shit life, won't removing it become a catalyst for change?
>>
>>71092337
>falling for the jamaican jew

no thanks.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.