[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be korean >visit america >go to restaurant >write
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 21
File: snipping.png (3 MB, 2768x884) Image search: [Google]
snipping.png
3 MB, 2768x884
>be korean
>visit america
>go to restaurant
>write 0 in tip recipt
>pay at counter
>get stink eye

why do burgers want extra money just for doing their job right? they arent paid enough? why dont they find another job?

explain yourself burgers
>>
>>71082419
see in america, we pay our food staff like absolute shit and pass the cost paying our waiters onto the customers themselves.
>>
>>71082419
Thats fucking retarded desu.
That means the business makes more money for the top, whilst the bottom gets poorer.
Stay cucked ameritards.
>>
I'd love to do this but.. OUR MONEY IS PLASTIC
>>
>>71082678
Every business passes every cost they have onto the customer, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>71083052
And on an unrelated note, it's also WORTHLESS
>>
>>71083460
Yeah but it's included in the price of the item you order. You shouldn't pay $12.99 for a bowl of pho and then get charged an additional $3 just because you pay your employees shit. You could just charge $15 and then I can decide if I want to pay that much for soup instead of getting shamed into paying after the fact.
>>
Yes, we get it, tipping is gay. Move on
>>
>>71082419

PEPSI
E
P
S
I
>>
If the waiter is especially nice because they know they have to earn a tip why not just slip them a couple bucks?

gratuity on the other hand is dog shit
>>
Restaurant owners are required to pay full minimum wage if their servers don't get enough tips to meet it hourly. Servers not only make the same legally as all other entry-level minimum wage jobs, but actually more depending the hours of the day, how busy it is, and the type of customers you have. A lot of them actually bring in a lot more. The reason why they expect tips is because they're entitled narrow-minded cunts who can't comprehend that they have among the easiest minimum wage jobs and pretend not to understand labour laws and act like they actually get $2.13.

inb4
>"b-but muh boss will just fire me if I ask for them to reimburse me."
If you document your paychecks and all your tips you can go to the IRS and show them that they stiff you and get them in legal trouble in which they have to repay. A lot of attorneys would be willing to represent you just to get some easy lawsuit money.
>>
File: 1378162358512.jpg (66 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1378162358512.jpg
66 KB, 960x960
>business owners underpay their employees
>therefore it's my fault as the customer if the employees don't make enough
I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT
>>
>2016
>pocket change
Tipping just sounds like a pain to deal with
>>
>be american
>slightly ashamed at how much money I make
>tip well around town
>all wait staff, haircut people, food delivery people, etc... all see me and remember I tip well and thank them for their work
>get top notch service

worrying about tipping a few bucks is nigger tier
>>
>>71082419

>Be American
>Tip nicely
>Walk into place I am a regular
>Get special accommodations from the staff like free drinks and best seats available and even skipped ahead of the waiting time

Being poor must suck.
>>
>>71082419
Waiters are payed less than the minimum wage because they're expected to get tips.

Tips are a great way to motivate young workers to work hard to please the customer, and teach them about life skills and customer service. It encourages a positive community atmosphere.

But I wouldn't expect a 3 inch dick chink to understand any of that. You have to be a real piece of shit not to tip, literally subhuman. Especially in a country where you're a guest
>>
>>71083826
>You shouldn't pay $12.99 for a bowl of pho and then get charged an additional $3 just because you pay your employees shit

Why? All that does is give the customer a choice in how much to pay their server. The only downside as you say, is the societal pressure to pay your server some amount as set by a paradigm. Your complaint is similar to that of a slut complaining about society's negative view toward her person.

>>71084430
It's not even about being poor. It's about being stupid. They would have to pay the cost of the server regardless, it would just be included in their meal. Tipping actually benefits everyone, one of the few practices that does, but morons don't understand how.
>>
>>71084367
Working as a server is nigger tier. Hence why niggers were even imported here in the first-place: to be servers (not just food servers, but household servers and crop servers too). The entire essence of serving is niggering, and the entire essence of niggering is serving.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>71082419
When someone is serving you you have the option of paying them according to how well they served you. If you put 0 in the tip area, it is usually expected that you would be looking for the manager to give them criticism. $0 is the equivalent of saying "take your $3/hr today because that is all you have earned." The alternative is having $10-40 extra tacked on to every bill automatically even if your service is shit. It is a way of giving the customer a say and incentivising hard work.
>>
>>71083763
Top cheeky wanks
>>
Me i just treat others how id like to be treated. If the server is no good ill pay and give no tip. Usually im gemerous.
>>
Hopefully the next time this piece of shit goes in there, they spit in his food. Which will probably happen if he didn't tip.

These are kids making minimum wage, not tipping is fucking abominable
>>
>>71084341
That's why God invented the credit card
>>
>>71084630
>Implying better service get better tips
>>
>>71084647
Service is a great entry job for kids. Teaches them hard work and they can save up to buy pogs or whatever nonsense kids are into these days.
>>
>>71084753
>$0 is the equivalent of saying "take your $3/hr today because that is all you have earned."

Except, by law, they earn the hourly min. wage if tips do not cover the difference -- which, last I checked, is not $3/hr.
>>
File: 1460276451420.png (252 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1460276451420.png
252 KB, 657x527
>>71082678

Fpbp
>>
>>71084941
It does. Which is why attractive women are tipped way more than anyone else. They provide the best, most pleasing service for the customer.

Many places actually have a policy of sharing tips collectively between employees simply because of the massive advantage of attractive women in drawing in tips

Attractive men get tipped slightly more, but usually not very much. Because women aren't all beta cuck faggots the way men are
>>
I don't mind tipping if the waiter/tress is well mannered and shows up more than once. I tip my pizza guys $4 for a 2 minute drive because I'm a lazy faggot and they always get my food to me in good time even if its fucking pouring outside. The one time they took like 30minutes to deliver I got a free pizza+drink coupon in my mail like 2 days later.

In my anecdotal evidence its usually younger teenagers who act like shits or that they have something better to be doing that I end up not tipping moreso than others.
>>
>>71085081
Okay then $7. Saw the post above before I replied. My point still stands.
>>
>>71084647
>Working as a server is nigger tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBzj61KvTrk
"It's the one job basically any woman can get"
Service is for men and women, black, white, etc... I even live in an are with few blacks so a lot of whites do perform service.
>>
>visit america
>eat shitty fatty food
>the awful food is delivered by equally awful americans
>they aren't even multilingual
>they smell like fat
>has to pay extra because the uptalking waitress contorted her ugly mouth into something resembling a smile and now thinks she deserves more money

not even worth it m8
>>
>>71082419
Fuck em' lol

They make enough but like to claim poverty. They'd fucking hate it if they were paid a regular wage as their actual earnings would crater. Better to have a non-tipping customer every now and again than give up the current system.
>>
>>71085336
Our health regulations are the best in the world
Go suck a dick somewhere
>>
>tfw butlers make a fucking huge amount of money

Its like 100k/y average last time I checked
>>
>>71085142
>"It does. Which is why attractive women are tipped way more than anyone else. They provide the best, most pleasing service for the customer."

Ok, well this is irrelevant to what I just said. It should be about quality of services, not attractiveness of the server
>>
>>71082419
P L A S T I C
L
A
S
T
I
C
>>
>>71084630
>Waiters are payed less than the minimum wage because they're expected to get tips.
Wrong.

>Tips are a great way to motivate young workers to work hard to please the customer
Tips, as their name applies, only work out when servers get rewarded for going beyond the standard of what was expected. If you make it standard, they'll lose sense of going beyond that standard and become entitled and believe they should be rewarded every-time for doing their job. This causes many to prioritize serving particular customers by how much they look like they will pay, and not on their job-performance.

> and teach them about life skills and customer service.
As does every other job.

>It encourages a positive community atmosphere.
The fact there often is a bunch of turmoil after someone decides not to tip among the wait-staff, at points where some go on social media and shame their customer, contradicts that. That doesn't occur in non-tipping countries. What you really have is a more dynamic atmosphere that constantly upsets everyone involved but the owners.

>You have to be a real piece of shit not to tip, literally subhuman.
You have to be a real piece of shit to have no marketable skills to result in becoming server.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 600x538
>>71082419

Why are you fuckers racist against vietgooks?? You zipperheads are only affluent because we won your war for you and saved you from yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 240x210
>>71082419
I'm a 6'4" chef at Wendy's with a 9 inch cock making over $130,000 a year.
>>
>>71085336
>>
>>71085429
americans are probably most likely to spit in your food, especially if they know they wont get tipped
vile creatures
>>
>>71082419
M8 either tip or stay in korea and eat your dog/rat noodle bowls
>>
>>71083826
>You shouldn't pay $12.99 for a bowl of pho and then get charged an additional $3 just because you pay your employees shit. You could just charge $15
does it matter?
Your math doesn't add up by the way
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 1280x720
I'm a 6'5" chef at Wendy's with a 10 inch cock making over $140,000 a year.
>>
>>71082419
He is a living meme
>>
>>71082419
All the jobs are either being done for $.50 an hour in forein nations by slave labor or require schooling and education that costs 10s of thousands of dollars to attain. I only have the benefit of an education because I gave up eight years of my life and risked death daily fighting two wars. Even with a degree now they require certifications that cost hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars to get just to gain pay that barely covers your debt. Welcome to America your fucked no matter what you do.
>>
>>71082419
In America it is legal for resturants to pay people below minimum wage. Often times, tips go into a pool which is shared by all of the servers. This is why it's viewed as bad etiquette to not tip a server because of bad service, because it could negatively affect other people who didn't do anything wrong. You're right, tipping is bullshit and restrauants need to stop putting the social burden on customers and just pay their employees minimum wage instead of being Jews.
>>
For the same reason you assholes eat boshintang -- it's culture. Tip 15% minimum or stay home in kimchi land
>>
>>71082419
the food is cheaper, but you compensate in tip

other countries its more expensive

so i bet it evens out
>>
>>71083460
>mongoloid

Nigger, please go back to [notspam] Reddit.
>>
>>71084864
Sapphires or diamonds?
>>
>>71085792
>Your math doesn't add up by the way
>Switzerland

MY SIDES MY SIDES LELELELELELEL
>>
>>71085433
Butlers are supposed to like help their patron's every aspect of their life.

Like Alfred Pennyworth
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
/thread
>>
>>71086124
In that case add the expected tip to the cost of the food dummies, fucking disgusting arrogance to EXPECT a tip for the already over priced food.
>its for the service
speak to your fucking manager if you are underpaid.
>>
File: BvZOCRdCMAE6hC7.jpg (53 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BvZOCRdCMAE6hC7.jpg
53 KB, 600x800
>>71082419
i once had this liberal friend. well. not exactly friend... you get it.
so i was out with him and some female friend. he had a major crush on her. so we were at the restaurant, having finished our food and preparing to pay and leave.

so as we were calculating what every single one of us are gonna pay, that bitch decided that she didn't have enough money with her.
>"oh don't worry, me and anon are gonna cover this"
>"i am not covering anything, you gonna pay for it"
>"what the fuck man, are you serious?"
>"yeah, i only have enough money for my own meal"
>"ok then, i'll cover her expenses alone... but you're gonna pay the tip"
>"i just said i only have enough money for my meal. i won't tip"
>"oh NO, YOU ARE going to tip"
>"excuse me?"
>"we are going nowhere if you don't tip"
>"..."
the rest of this drama was him yelling about me being a freeloader trying to avoid paying whenever it's possible (the girl was apparently an exception lol) and that i am scum for practically stealing (???) from waiters, while nearby people and the girl were trying to mitigate the situation.

i never paid that tip
>>
>>71082419
That's something called good manner. Something you animals cannot comprehend
>>
>>71082419
This isn't >>>/b/
>>
>>71086900
A Greek in debt.
Imagine my surprise.
>>
>>71087175
it doesn't count if you deny it
>>
>>71086985
>Koreans don't have manners

K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_in_South_Korea
>>
>>71086985
>said pablo before getting beheaded
wait i'll finish my banter later, someone is shooting at me
>>
>>71082419

Because we believe in rewarding good service and some of us still respect people with a work ethic.

Now, finish my dry cleaning you fucking slope.
>>
Tipping is dogshit. I wish people would just stop doing it.
>>
the shitskin who did that needs to have his hand fucking sawed off
>>
>>71082419
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
>>
>>71085336
>multilingual
bait
>>
File: 1431042239613.jpg (240 KB, 784x757) Image search: [Google]
1431042239613.jpg
240 KB, 784x757
>>71082419
I don't tip.If I go to a restaurant,and the meal is $16+tax along with the rest of my family's meals being between $10-$20+,and I get a small portion for that amount-why should I tip when it's painfully obvious that the business is making more than enough money to pay their servers minimum wage?
If I'm paying $16 for my meal+the rest of my family's meals,and they always want more than the 10% they expect you to tip,It would be like buying 2-3 extra meals at that restaurant if I bothered to tip.
Also,the servers that complain that they don't get paid enough,so they rely on tips as their main source of income-those servers should be getting together to protest,and demand that they should be paid minimum wage like their other co-workers,and have a law that should be passed to force restaurants to start paying their servers minimum wage.
I am not your source of income when I go out,and eat.That tip money you think you deserve for only a few short seconds of shitty service we get(servers avoid being assed with their own customers)could be used to take my family out for fun after we've had a nice meal out.
I do not give a flying fuck if you think I'm an asshole for not tipping or a "degenerate".As I see it is the servers that are degenerate for relying on free handouts of money they don't deserve,and that their job should be paying them instead of the customer.
>>
>>71082419
the food service industry is fuckin lame as shit. you have to deal with the worst of people all day long and yea, you rely on your tips. anyway, i was a waiter for a few years and it was cool and all, would bring home at least a hundred on the weekdays and even more on the weekends. honestly, if a few people don't tip you can make it up unless you are a complete waste of life. if thats the case just off yourself. anyway, i hate the food industry so i told my job to fuck off and now i'm a welder making way more than any cuck waiter will ever dream off. faggots should all just kill themselves so we can replace them with robots.
>>
>>71088904
>when it's painfully obvious that the business is making more than enough money to pay their servers minimum wage?
You're saying it's painfully obvious that the restaurant makes absolutely no attempt at staying within competitive price ranges?
>>
File: 1460771697407.jpg (494 KB, 2352x856) Image search: [Google]
1460771697407.jpg
494 KB, 2352x856
>>71082419
god damn, who taught you about compression? IRL pics need jpeg, graphics need PNG.
>>
>>71090416
sry your babby-tier internet cant handle a 3mb png

maybe you should waddle over to restarant and use wifi there
>>
Solution is simple. Don't tip.

I don't tip unless the service is exemplary and I feel the waiter has exceeded my expectations. Here's the kicker though. When I DO tip I tip well. At least 30%. It's rare but if servers or waiters give me excellent service they get an excellent tip. If they do the bare minimum, they get nothing.

A waitress had the nerve to follow me to my car after dinner once. Not only did I laugh at her face, I actually walked back and complained to the manager who admitted (in front of her) that tipping was not mandatory.

Didn't see her there when I went again so I assume she got fired. If you don't want to make shit pay, do a good job or quit.
>>
>>71084640
I pay for good service, with the disposable income I have from my good job. Meanwhile your poor ass is stuck bitching about a couple of extra bucks, because you couldn't be bothered to work hard in school or learn some social skills.

You know what else is nice? That lounge for first class passengers at the airport. Not that you'll ever find out.
>>
>>71082419

The people that do this are probably atheists trying to drive people away from Christ.
>>
>>71090787
kek
>>
>>71089975
Honestly,where I live the restaurants price gouge people.They don't stay in competition with prices,but by how "great" their service is.There is only a tiny amount of locally owned restaurants that actually try to compete with their prices with other locally owned restaurants,and they're the ones that have deals on their food for nice sized portions.The locally owned restaurants have a small amount of servers,but they get paid the state minimum wage.This brings more people into the locally owned businesses because they don't feel pressured into tipping the servers.
>>
>>71086900

You're all the worst examples of ideological tropes.

1. The freeloading entitled womyn
2. The White Knight liberal demanding everyone pay for HIS charity.
3. The tightwad conservative that doesn't fucking tip and rudely argues with people over such things to the point of autism.
>>
>>71082419

Ugh don't act like a korean niggers not tipping.

As I go to sleep tonight I will count the koreans my father killed in my head.
>>
>>71083460

no they dont tipping is a privilige not a right
>>
>>71091184
>They don't stay in competition with prices,but by how "great" their service is.
So you're saying people go there and
-pay more than the food is worth
-pay more than the "great" service is worth (I assume thats what you mean since you put it in quotes)
-pay more than the business actually needs

Correct? People do this according to you. They don't go to a cheap competitor or one with actual good service at similiar prices.
Wow, what a strange culture you americans have.

>There is only a tiny amount of locally owned restaurants that actually try to compete with their prices
How come only the small restaurants do it while the others can overcharge? Is it the name?
Assuming it is the name, what prevents one big name business from selling cheaper than the other to garner more customers aslong as they're still selling at a profit?
You are suggesting big name businesses work together to price gouge, and small businesses do not? How come small businesses don't?

I have so many questions, friend.
>>
>2016
>being a waiter
>not working in a meat packing plant on a 12 hour shift for 6 days a week making 14.50 an hour

GET

FUCKED

LOSERS
>>
>>71088904
>I am not your source of income when I go out,and eat.

lolwut
>>
>>71091567
It's the name of the corporation owned restaurants.Americans are brainwashed to believe something is better if it's NAME BRAND,and has millions of dollars worth of advertising.They seriously pay more for smaller portions because of the name of the restaurant.
They also look down upon local restaurants because they're not a big name and will believe that the food is shit because of so.Which is highly untrue.Locally owned always taste better than the name brand bullshit that cost an arm,and a leg for a meal.
The brand name restaurants don't work together,but will(I guess you could call it compete)make sure their prices are higher or a bit lower than their "competitor".
Example.
>Applebee's(big name corporate owned restaurant)
>Has a deal two meals for $20(doesn't include drinks or appetizers)
>T.G.I.Friday's(another big name)
>Has a deal two meals for $19.99(again doesn't include drinks or appetizers)
Because T.G.I.Friday's is 1 penny lower than Applebee's,people will go to T.G.I.Friday's believing that 1cent matters when it doesn't.
I go out to eat every 5-6 months.I can only afford eating out twice a year while having some extra cash to go out somewhere for entertainment with my wife.We always eat locally to avoid tipping,getting tiny portions of food that taste awful that end up being near cold by the time we get the meals,and we love supporting locally owned businesses instead of overrated corporations.

>>71092416
Too stupid to understand that I'm not paying your fucking salary when it's your boss' job to do so?
>Checks flag
Oh,nevermind.Canadians don't know America has a law that says restaurants don't have to pay their servers minimum wage.Federal law counts tips as income,some restaurants give servers what is called a "tip credit" which requires employees hand their tips to the employer that go towards their next paycheck which leads to their tips being taxed,and some restaurants require its employees to tip share.Servers make $1.50-$2.75phr+tips.
>>
>>71092165
lol I'm a server at a shitty sports bar and I average $18-20 an hour. Can make $200 on a good day and only need to report the credit tips to the gov. Feels good man.
>>
File: 1459830667747.png (230 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1459830667747.png
230 KB, 500x532
>go to Japan
>don't have to tip
>receive better service thab in America
So what the fuck is the point of tipping?
>>
>>71085535
Tipping is "customary" in the US, meaning yeah, it is kind of expected if any personal service is involved. As a server I have no recourse if I get stiffed as they didn't 'steal' anything from me or the restaurant.

I'd never spit in/tamper with someone's food if I knew them to be a notoriously bad tipper/pain in the ass, but you know what? You will probably have lukewarm/dried out food, I will forget a TON of things and you might get one refill on your beverage throughout the entire dining experience and I hope you don't have any time constraints because You may be waiting a while for the check and at the restaurants I work at cash control is handled by the server themselves. You complain to my manager? So fucking what; they see my performance and earnings on a day-to-day basis and know I am an asset and you are a fluke and probably also know you to be a cheapskate from other servers, so it hardly registers with them anyways.

What I don't understand about people like this (and they are out there and it's kind of funny how so many are regulars at some places) is why are you so cheap with a few dollars but are willing to spend exorbitant prices on food when you could prepare it at home and not have to deal with anyone or see anyone else (because most of you are miserable cunts to begin with)?

In regards to OP, I actually hung out with a friend in Busan, ROK for about a month. Also went to Seoul for my last week there. Tipping is not expected and actually considered borderline insulting from WHAT I READ BEFORE VISITING THE FOREIGN COUNTRY, (you dumb gook) most places gave meh service and generally ignored you unless you were flagging them down... the smaller the place the more 'get it yourself' situations I encountered. There are pros and cons in both cultures, but I don't think that I or any of my guests should have to flag someone down in a restaurant to get another cup of water. To each their own.
>>
>>71094185
>make sure their prices are higher than their "competitor".
You're putting "competitor" in quotes because there's no competition for them if the other businesses purposedly charge more for the same, right?
>>
>>71094411

how do you feel about sub-minimum wage scum demanding more money for doing a shittier job than you
>>
>>71094740
Apparently japs are even insulted when you try to tip them.
Luckily I don't live in a tipping shithole so I didn't piss anyone off when I was there.
>>
>>71094185
>Too stupid to understand that I'm not paying your fucking salary when it's your boss' job to do so?

And where does the boss get the money from, anon?
>>
>>71095173
Tipping there basically means the opposite in America. It means "the service wasn't good enough, maybe if I give you some money you'll do better".
>>
>>71094782
Basically.It's them claiming to be competitors that's why I put "competitor" in quotations.I don't see them as competitors at all,but they seem to think they're competing against another big name corporations.
>>
>>71094411
Ya, I average $30/hr for 6-8 hours on the weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun). Weekdays are a little slower but I can still bring in $15-20/hr. This running a 3 table section. Sometimes I'm worked like a dog and am running my ass off for what I know will only be a few dollars. Oh well. If it happened more than once every few days I'd probably reconsider my strategy as a server or my viability as one. Cheers, service industry bro/sis
>>
File: 1441684112545.jpg (50 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1441684112545.jpg
50 KB, 700x700
>>71094740
>So what the fuck is the point of tipping?
compensating for the miserable salary their jewish employers pay
if only you had raised the minimum wage!
>>
>>71095489
>Basically
So you just admit that everything you said is bullshit. Kek

getting a feeling you're on medication
>>
This country and everyone in it has embraced Satan. We don't believe in helping each other, we only care about ourselves and all we do is hate everyone and everything.
>>
>>71082419
What's not to like? Everything in America is so cheap because I don't give a fuck about some ungrateful people giving me the stinkeye
>>
We're not a Third-World shithole, like you're used to, and here, many of us have enough money to be generous to wage slaves who are kind enough to offer us outstanding service. If you don't appreciate that, maybe freedom isn't right for you, slant.
>>
>>71094777
>I will forget a TON of things and you might get one refill on your beverage throughout the entire dining experience and I hope you don't have any time constraints because You may be waiting a while
This is the problem. It shouldn't be up to the customer to buy your fucking effort. It's your job to serve people well you lazy fuck. How fucking retarded are you that you don't believe you should have to do it?

Why do you deserve extra compensation for putting in any effort when whoever is cooking the food does not, despite their job being more difficult and requiring more skill?
>>
>>71095303
Yep,too stupid to understand that the bosses get the money from their big corporate heads up top,and the prices of the food they rip people off on.
I'm just not going to reply to anymore Canadian posters.All you guys do is shitpost,and make yourselves look like fucking idiots.

>>71095604
You made me facepalm..
None of what I said was bullshit.I just don't consider big corporate restaurants competitors when their food is damn near the same price for the same sized portions.I gave you legit examples with actual big named businesses with real prices.You're free to come to America,specifically my state of Michigan,to see for yourself.
You asked questions,and I gave truthful answers.I'm not on medications,unless Tylenol every so often for the occasional headache counts.
>>
>>71091184
A part of what your arguing about, namely the price a corporate restaurant can offer versus the local has to do with the volume a corporate can push through and also to do with how the local sources their ingredients. Sometimes, especially when dealing with the bare minimum prices you get at corporate restaurants, the only edge they CAN provide (besides whatever niche they fill) is the service. Fun fact: most restaurants that carry liquor licenses make their profit off of booze sales. Food sales hardly cover overhead.
>>
>>71082678

All servers make at least minimum wage
>>
>people from my country are so cucked that they defend tipping because it's "culture"

jesus christ

are you faggots all waiters, or something? maybe you shouldn't have gotten that worthless History BA.
>>
>>71096196
>the bosses get the money from their big corporate heads up top,and the prices of the food they rip people off on.
And where do the corporate heads get the money from, anon? Come on, the answer is right there. I know you can do it, anon. I believe in you.
>>
>>71095520
sleep tight, Pizza
>>
>>71096118
I used to work in an upscale restaurant compared to now. The Exec chef, his assistant and the expo were all tipped directly by tables (Exec and assistant were also salary) frequently (that was definitely not an expectation but happened a lot) and the expo was on tipshare, since he was running my food 1/3 of the time. The rest of the line was paid over $14/hr DOE as they were all experienced/skilled cooks. The place I work now? Well, lets just say your ignorance to this industry bleeds through hard if you think that what is basically an assembly-line requires any skill worth more than $12/hr around where I live/work. Most of the cooks I work with now (and I love every one of them) can barely string a sentence of English together, much less wait on tables.

How fucking retarded am I? I dunno, pretty fucking retarded I guess. But hey, you replied to me, right? I will say this; when I go out to eat, I am intelligent enough to look at the goddamn menu before asking what they have to eat/drink.

Honestly, that last line.... you just been working in construction or some labor job since you were 16 or something? You ever work or go out at all? Not requiring you to talk to more than a couple people a day? Customer service is a skill, bruh. I just found I can get paid triple what I made in retail or call centers. Don't like it? Don't come to the USA or at least don't get anything more complicated than a burger at McDick's.

Peas, Mad Max
>>
>>71097780
You're still a shit head. Do you give people who tip 5% subpar service when compared to a 20% tipper? Or is it the same as someone who doesn't tip?

If you want better money then get a better job.

t. a telecom engineer that makes the equivalent of 57$/hr
>>
File: The Jews.png (737 KB, 1293x1407) Image search: [Google]
The Jews.png
737 KB, 1293x1407
>>71096723
There's only one answer.
>>
the problem is living in a small town and seeing the same people over and over...the waiter will ignore you the chef will be told to fuck with it a bit and the bartender will make you horrible drinks and if when you decide to complain the manager will be told by 3 or more people that you have been a problem before. I tip because it keeps the idiots calm and happy...when i go out of town i never tip.
>>
>Be from Trinidad and Tobago
>Visiting America
>Bitches love my big black dick and sing song accent
>White pussy just line up for me to fuck
>Get special treatment anywhere I go
>Don't fucking tip
>One white bitch at a bar starts giving me shit
>Tell her I'll give her the tip of by big black monster cock and then some
>End up fucking her that same night in the bathroom of the bar
>Ram my cock in her ass as I cum which catches her by surprise but she doesn't protest
>Wonder why Americans even tip in the first place when you just have to show you're not a fucking doormat
>>
>>71091208
This
>>
>single male
>go to eat
>ignored at the fucking door because waiters want a bigger table
>>
>>71082419
>arent they paid enough?
no. waiters and waitresses are not paid enough money to live off of, so they pretty much live off of that extra five bucks you pay them for not being a dickhead to you while they get your food. imo their employers should just pay them more money without having to raise any taxes with muh $15 min wage, but that's only up to the business owner whether or not they want to trade profit for pride.
>>
File: tumblr_ny2zm5eaK71uj58yzo2_1280.jpg (530 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny2zm5eaK71uj58yzo2_1280.jpg
530 KB, 1280x720
>>71082419
>having a job
>>
>>71098608
i have literally never hear of that country before. the name sounds more like two black guys with a gun went into England and England just cede half of London to them so they can rule it.
>>
>>71098608
your country is only 700 sq miles bigger then my county and chances are that is mostly water.
>>
>>71082419
You can blame the Roaring 20's for that. Everyone thought they were hot shit by flinging extra money to the waiters and it stuck as a cultural thing even through the Great Depression.
>>
Why don't you cook your own food?
>>
>>71082678
Let this fucking lie die already, they have to pay them minimum wage if they don't make it up in tips.

It's a self imposed subsidy.
>>
>>71099742
Like the waitress who worked 80 hours and got paid $1.70?
>>
>>71099742
Yeah but the minimum wage is retardedly low.
>>
>>71099845
I thought she worked 200 hours for $.76
>>
>>71099922
Actually I believe it was 400 hours for $0.23 and a Dr. Pepper.
>>
>>71099922
>>71100061
Abolish all wages
>>
>>71099612
>no replies
Righties are all faggots
>>
>>71100061
It was 6 000 000 hours for free.
>>
>>71082419
I understand your anger, and since I don't know enough about your culture, I'm just going to assume that the concept of tipping is new to you, which is completely understandable.

Restaurant owners are legally allowed to pay their employees less than minimum wage when there is the possible that they will receive tips. This leads to many restaurant workers receiving MUCH less than minimum wage, especially when nobody tips.

I won't tell you to tip because you're a PoC from a different culture so just do what you think is right. Also thank you for visiting America and I hope you were treating very well, and I am very sorry that you are forced to endure American imperialism. We are trying to abolish it here so just hang in there!
>>
>>71099539
You are being hot shit by doing that. Makes up for the ridiculous LAZINESS that is required in getting another broad to stuff your gullet for you because you're too fucken fat to do it yourself
>>
>>71100285
It was you have no argument. It was the whole world for nuke Columbia
>>
>>71100285
Turns out she worked for 6 gorillion hours and actually had to pay $20
>>
>>71100394
Or whatever banana country you are
>>
>>71100405
Stupid fat fucks. You're not clever. You're just man babies
>>
>>71100394
>>71100419
>>71100435
Calm down leafy. Go smoke a bowl or get your bhole reamed by your PM
>>
>>71085941
someone photoshop that H to a K and the image is perfect
>>
>>71084227
>If you document your paychecks and all your tips...
Be realistic. If you take legal action while working there, your boss will find a way to get rid of you. If you take legal action after you quit, you have to live on less than minimum wage while you work there.

Maybe labour laws in America are more pro-worker than they are here, but I doubt it.
>>
I'm traveling to America at the end of the year and I'm not tipping you cunts a penny. It's called freedom, faggots. Something you're supposed to be familiar with?
>>
File: Am_I_Dead_Yet.jpg (101 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
Am_I_Dead_Yet.jpg
101 KB, 599x900
>>71094185
Do you live in USA?
You know why people go to the big brand places rather then the small mom and pop places even through they would rather go to the mom and pop place?
Because due to the stiff competition in name recognition, the mom and pop places cut corners wherever they can, and more often then not the customer suffers with ether the quality of their food,service or atmosphere.

The only time small local places make it is if they have been around for a long time and got the recognition before hand as one of the best local spots.

People go to the big name places for consistency and not having to feel bad about sending food back that was made wrong sense your paying a decent price already and it's a big company.
>>
>>71085429
>Our health regulations are the best in the world

I seriously doubt that you faggots are even nearly as autistic as the germans when it comes to health regulations especially in the food sector
>>
>>71096425

That's false.
>>
>>71101214
>If you take legal action while working there, your boss will find a way to get rid of you
Sue for unfair dismissal. You'll almost certainly win.
>>
>>71101618
then you'll be surprised

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/default.htm
>>
>>71098060

I give the same tip. I'm not so arrogant as to think I am the arbiter of how much money someone makes when they are putting food on my table while I sit back and get drunk. Apparently you are a better man than I am.
>>
>>71098167

You're as bad as somebody who never tips.
>>
>>71098608

You are a nigger so I guess if that works for you then bonne chance
>>
>>71099539

Guess what that makes you by being a non-tip advocate?
>>
>>71101417

You have the freedom to be a shit bag, sure.
>>
>>71102251
It's not called the bill of being a nice person, yankee pig.

If you want my tip you're going to have to suck it.
>>
>>71102307

Shit bag

You are too poor to afford to be a decent person

Don't tip then, fine
>>
People making tips totally need it for bills and college tuition . They totally aren't going to stop on the way home and get lotto tickets cigarettes and cheap hooch
>>
>>71091286
north koreans are mongols
t. south korean
en.wikipedia.org/Goguryeo
literally manchu
>>
>>71086416
>13+3=15
Thanks for making our education system look like shit, bro.
>>
>>71101534
>Do you live in USA?
You can't be fucking serious?
Also,local doesn't always mean Mom 'n Pops.I live where there's more locally owned chain restaurants than the big name one's.The big name ones are 30mins drive in all directions.It's either locally owned chain restaurants or fast food.
>>
>>71082678
>allow the man who employs you to not pay you enough
>don't be upset with him
>get upset with people who are paying your boss instead
I never tip
>>
>>71098060
>yfw when "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" is a logical fallacy

I shouldn't have to look for jobs that pay enough to live off of, moron. The system should make sure EVER single job pays enough minimum wage for EVER employee to be able to afford a studio apartment, a personal vehicle for transportation, and not requiring food stamps or any handout. This was the purpose of minimum wage.

Now, you can't even do that with more than minimum wage.

Get fucked.
>>
>>71082419
I tip only when i'm satisfied with services. Girl was nice and qt, food was great, place was good etc.
>>
File: 1241314932904.png (6 KB, 214x284) Image search: [Google]
1241314932904.png
6 KB, 214x284
>I should pay the wages of failed 30 year olds and snot nosed teenagers because their employers won't

lmfao nah m8
>>
File: 1393115948377.png (87 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1393115948377.png
87 KB, 625x626
>>71085429
>>
>>71085433
Yes and every second of that year is spent serving your master

If you looked at their hourly wage like an intelligent person you'd see how shit it really is
>>
>>71103213
> People should be mocked for trying to improve their shitty circumstances
>>
File: 1440676917289.png (31 KB, 321x309) Image search: [Google]
1440676917289.png
31 KB, 321x309
>flirt with waitresses
>they have to flirt back because they want tips
>never tip them a cent
>>
>>71103003
No, the purpose of the minimum wage was to prevent free blacks from undercutting white workers for employment. Don't try to sugarcoat your party's history.

The problem is that the economy sucks, thus the standard of living for the people sucks, since that's exactly what an economy is. If you want to sacrifice the economy for more of dem programs, by all means go ahead, but quit bitching about having a shitty economy afterwards.
>>
>>71103366

>People should be mocked for trying to improve their shitty circumstances

nah

>People should be mocked for trying to guilt me into footing the bill for their incompetence / inexperience

yah
>>
>>71101643
found the servercuck who's too afraid to admit to his boss he didn't get enough tips to hit minimum wage

get a real job, bum
>>
>>71103485
But if you are richer than them, do you not have a moral imperative to at least be sympathetic? There was a time when even you could not wipe your own ass.
>>
File: babby incredulous_2.jpg (173 KB, 972x1296) Image search: [Google]
babby incredulous_2.jpg
173 KB, 972x1296
>>71103676
>do you not have a moral imperative to at least be sympathetic?

nah

>There was a time when even you could not wipe your own ass.

m8 if you're gunna compare a legally aged worker to a babby this conversation has officially gone full retard
>>
>>71103797
kute
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.