[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based Family Guy BTFO dumb /pol/lack religishits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: family guy.jpg (78 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
family guy.jpg
78 KB, 300x300
Based Family Guy BTFO dumb /pol/lack religishits
>>
VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge45R9qoW_Y
>>
Uhhh. I think you missed the joke, anon.
>>
>>71081082

Family Guy's humor is very stale these days. Their humor comes from a time when leftists *dominated* the mainstream and Internet discourse.

The "right", to put it loosely, pushed back very hard a few years ago, and now they have the advantage.
>>
>>71081231
the point of the clip is that religion kills people

if you dont get this youre probably a dumb fundie
>>
>>71081390
stormweenie, pls go
>>
>>71081416
except people were killing each other before religion

why do you watch shows and not understand them?

[ps: religion existed well before Christianity :^) ]
>>
>>71081416
It's taking the piss out of people that think the world would be peaceful without religion, you stupid burger.
>>
>>71081612
Pretty much this
>I like you and have no reason not to
Except... you know... scarcity? This is why I hate a lot of modern cinema. Old cinematographers used to be visionairies, educated men who had a specific view of the world and subtly incorporated them into their movies, movies you could watch dozens of times and still discover something new every time.

Nowadays many shows and movies are made by barely educated mouthbreathers with world views as complex as their 14 year old target audience's world views. This is why I barely watch tv anymore.
>>
>>71081997
You know Seth McFarlane defined himself as a "hardcore atheist", multiple episodes take jabs at Christianity and most of the banned Family Guy episodes were the ones that ridicule Christianity, right?

Your interpretation of the joke, while not impossible, requires us to believe he took a very temporary 180 on his views but switched back right afterwards.

I think you've fallen victim to Poe's law.
>>
File: A58nFrM.png (489 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
A58nFrM.png
489 KB, 800x800
Typical leftist agenda. Actually, this is shit you might find on reddit because they always shit on Christianity, never Islam.
>>
>>71082391
You're strawmanning that britbong though. He said it's taking the piss out of people who think the world was peaceful without religion, not atheism.
>>
Lazy humor.
>>
>>71081464

I'm not a stormfag.
>>
>>71082391
>banned Family Guy episodes

wut?
>>
>>71082941
About 5 episodes were banned, I think. "Banned" in the sense that Fox refused to air them. I think they can still be bought on DVD or streamed though.
>>
>>71082391
i agree with you that the joke is obviously making fun of religishits, but its highly unlikely macfarlene has shit to do with this cause he was no longer involved with family guy at this point

one of the many writers on staff could have different views than Based macfarlene

that said, again i agree with you and the based clip is making fun of religishits
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.