[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you thoughts on Derrick Jensen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: derrick-jensen.jpg (17 KB, 300x371) Image search: [Google]
derrick-jensen.jpg
17 KB, 300x371
What are you thoughts on Derrick Jensen?
>>
>>71078149
you're
>>
>>71078149
An unfortunate proto-SJW who got trampled under the boot that he created with all of his anti-west, 'da white man iz evil' screeds.
>>
>>71078377
He doesn't write about the white man being evil. He seems to be just focused on environmental issues. I feel like survivalists would find his stuff interesting
>>
>>71078149
Also, his books are basically the Unabomber Manifesto if you removed all of the sensible ideas and replaced them with faggotry.
His 'Endgame' series was in serious need of an editor, and honestly could have been condensed into about 250 pages.
Tl;dr: a sexually abused faggot with daddy issues stomps his feet and screams about how much he hates civilization across a handful of books.
>>
>>71078792
I agree the Endgame books are too long. I went to a talk of his and he likes to go on tangents as well
>>
>>71078783
Really? 'A Language Older Than Words' is basically about the brutality of the European settlers vs. the peaceful, communitarian indigenous in the Americas.
Anti west= Anti- white, friend.
>>
>>71078945
Jensen needs to combat identity politics head on if he wishes to stay relevant to anyone.
>>
>>71078992
But he never says specifically anything negative about white people. I think he looks at cultures as a whole but forgets, or chooses to ignore, aspects of indigenous lifestyle that modern society shouldn't incorporate
>>
>>71079224
Perhaps he could reinvent himself by fusing right wing and left wing critiques of capitalism a la Keith Preston. Jensen is more articulate and can create compelling arguments.
>>
>>71079410
He's good at using stories to get cultural viewpoints across, but he also doesn't back up his claims empirically
>>
>>71079296
Does he still write? I honestly haven't thought about him in like 8 years.
>>
>>71079605
I don't know. It looks like he just makes CDs now
>>
>>71079757
Also, 'The Culture of Make Believe' absolutely was an anti-white screed.
>>
>>71079900
Lol I used to actually really like his work.
>>
>>71079900
I've only read Engame and What We Leave Behind, so I can't say anything on that.
>>
>>71079969
Same. I haven't read anything in years but I still think he's got some good ideas
>>
>>71080614
I honestly think that his ideas are interesting, but ultimately flawed. The earth is nowhere close to carrying capacity.
>>
>>71080943
The thing I really don't agree with is his refusal to look at indigenous cultures objectively. He has this noble savage type of thinking where indigenous can do no wrong
>>
>>71081315
Yes, this is true. And ultimately, I think civilization in general, and western civilization specifically, is the pinnacle of human achievement. Right now I'm in an intellectual space where I can critique capitalism from an explicitly right wing point of view.
Given Jensen's falling out with the left over the issue of transgenderism,I'd like to see him do the same.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.