[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ever a point at which you get so rich that you can just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Unknown.jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
14 KB, 300x168
Is there ever a point at which you get so rich that you can just stop making money altogether and continue to live lavishly? Or how much money would you need to invest on low-risk investments with small return values so that you break even by the time you die? (Assume death at 80)

Discuss
>>
>>71076339

>Or how much money would you need to invest on low-risk investments with small return values so that you break even by the time you die?

Take your annual living expenses and multiply by 25 to 30.
>>
>>71076841
But what if I wanted to live lavishly? Like let's say an oil mogul sold his company, and just made very small, low-risk investments to keep a steady flow of money. How much money would he have to have stockpiled so that he could die with no money left, but still live like Jay Gatsby?
>>
>>71076339
1.5 million dollars at 5% interest will be roughly $75k a year.

Having your money in smart places also helps. A trusted Financial Fiduciary is very important. My current guy is getting me 4-6% every quarter after he takes his 2% cut.
>>
>>71077152
So really you would need at least 1.5 mil to make 75K a year, but how much would you need to have stockpiled so that you could live like you're making say 500K a year (upper 0.1%)?
>>
>>71077148

You figure out how much money Jay Gatsby spends in a year, and multiply it by 25 to 30, you idiot.
>>
>>71077152
In that light too, you're expecting to lose money and break as close to even as possible
>>
>>71077278

Some very quick calculations tells me $10 million
>>
>>71077330
>>71077278
>>71077148
>>71076339

Jesus op, no wonder you're fucking poor.
>>
>>71079017
QFT. OP you don't even know basic math. You're fucked bruh.
>>
>>71077330
Give it up, world is far too unpredictable to even plan 5 years out at this juncture.

Your best investment is being able to earn in an income, even in very distressing times, so stay healthy and keep your wits about you and you might just live a full life. I would say odds are against that in the 21st century. Too many monkeys, not enough bananas along with fundamental design flaws in the global monetary systems, read usury.
>>
File: tip of the hat for you.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
tip of the hat for you.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>71077152
>is getting me 4-6% every quarter

tfw i've been making 15-17% for the three years preceding last year and that was 7%
>>
File: soros corruption.png (424 KB, 653x827) Image search: [Google]
soros corruption.png
424 KB, 653x827
>>71076339
apparently not.
>>
>>71076339

5 mill assuming 5% returns. you would get 250k/yr
>>
i might just put 50k into uwti and hope for the best. oil can't go lower than $30/barrel

it just can't
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.