[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Egypt even become a great civilization if they were out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8
File: Anub1.jpg (224 KB, 1087x1500) Image search: [Google]
Anub1.jpg
224 KB, 1087x1500
How did Egypt even become a great civilization if they were out in the desert? I don't think just one Nile would be enough. And then why did Egypt just die?

Why didn't Berbers form high civilizations?
>>
File: Anub2.jpg (227 KB, 1087x1500) Image search: [Google]
Anub2.jpg
227 KB, 1087x1500
also here's the rest ;-)
>>
File: Anub3.jpg (246 KB, 1087x1500) Image search: [Google]
Anub3.jpg
246 KB, 1087x1500
>>
File: Anub4.jpg (208 KB, 1087x1500) Image search: [Google]
Anub4.jpg
208 KB, 1087x1500
>>
File: Anub5.jpg (229 KB, 1087x1500) Image search: [Google]
Anub5.jpg
229 KB, 1087x1500
>>
>>71073610
When the Nile floods, it makes the surrounding soil extremely rich and fertile.

Fertile soil = an adundence of food, which means a successful civilization.

They got cucked by the Greeks, then the Romans, and the the nail in the coffin was being cucked by Arab Muslims.
>>
File: Anub6.jpg (231 KB, 1087x1500) Image search: [Google]
Anub6.jpg
231 KB, 1087x1500
done

now back to the discussion
>>
>>71073832
Then why would the fertile soil only be right at the river and not underneath all the sand beyond the river? Or does the soil come from the interior of Africa?
>>
>>71073610
>I don't think just one Nile would be enough.
You think wrong, at least partially, the circumstances for which a civilization rises are plentiful but having a large swathe of arable land so that you do not have to engage in a nomadic lifestyle is one of the essential components for that to occur(if you look at some of the other early civilizations like the indus valley ones and mesopotamian ones they were all centered around rivers).

Also Egypt didn't "just die" it was conquered time and time again by foreigners, many times it prevailed and regained control over its lands but eventually it fell like everything does, after more than 3000 years(which is probably one of the longest lived civilizations to have existed)

Berbers formed various kingdoms like Numidia but for a plethora of reasons(a big one being late to the party compared to their neighbours) they could not reach high culture but were rather assimilated into already existant high cultures like Carthage or Rome.

I'm just a layman though so do take what I've posted with a pinch of salt, also this question would better be answered on /his/
>>
>>71073610
Actually the nile was enough. Plus it flourished originally as 2 separate kingdoms, lower and upper egypt. That's why it had 2 capitals - memphis and thebes, and they fused their crowns hedjat and wedget to form the iconic pschent that you see on many statues. From memory the upper delta of the nile is where the first kingdom originally flourished but its also very likely they orihinally migrated up the river from the south, and thats why there are so many different nilosaharan ethnicities.

You underestimate the value of self fertilizing riverbanks to the 3000BC man.
>>
File: egyptianpharoah.jpg (52 KB, 403x604) Image search: [Google]
egyptianpharoah.jpg
52 KB, 403x604
>>71073839
HOL UP
>>
>>71073839
WE WUZ DOGES 'N SHIT
>>
>>71073610
>I don't think just one Nile would be enough.
You'd be wrong. Early civilization is basically just "be on a river and kick all the ass"
>>
>>71074400
This too. Water access is literally a key foundation of most city-states, let alone civilizations. It's not only useful for agriculture, but also trade and expand. They couldn't have built the pyramids if it wasn't for the ships they used to transport the fucking granite, fields or no fields.

Even more recent successful examples of that are cities like paris and london, built on the edge of huge natural water canals.
>>
File: slum_afrika_1050x700-690x460.jpg (113 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
slum_afrika_1050x700-690x460.jpg
113 KB, 690x460
>>71074929
Ahhh Black towns and their beautiful waterside views.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.