[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the boycott over HB2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12
File: download.png (3 KB, 227x151) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 227x151
Ringo Starr
PayPal
Bruce Springer
Cirque du Soleil
etc.

Have cancelled in protest.

Does their efforts in generalizing the entire state over laws help?

Or are they trying to make money off this and look "good"?
>>
>>71057237
>Bruce Springsteen, Cirque de Gay, etc.

Wow it's nothing.
>>
North Carolina and Mississippi

Both states are feeling the boycott

I fully support it. People should boycott shit that causes a state to look bad. The fact these governors pass this shit in 2016 and though anti-gay shit could work in 2016 and backfired shows just how far we come.

Pic related. Government bans to NC and Mississippi
>>
>>71057237
>Or are they trying to make money off this and look "good"?

Duh.
Leftists don't actually truly care about this, and why should they? It's fucking nothing. They just have an innate need to signal their virtue to other leftists for the sake of getting their asses patted. It's all completely disingenuous and I have no idea why this shit is so widespread.
>>
File: NoWOK3Q.jpg (26 KB, 480x591) Image search: [Google]
NoWOK3Q.jpg
26 KB, 480x591
>>71057237
>pic related
>>
>>71057237
I'm tired of this shit. I'm from North Carolina. We will not let Men use women's restrooms. Let the cunts boycott. No one gives a fuck. Love it or leave it. We're not changing for anyone.
>>
File: HB 2.png (33 KB, 1140x298) Image search: [Google]
HB 2.png
33 KB, 1140x298
>>71057703
>We will not let Men use women's restrooms.

>he thinks hb2 is about not letting men us women's bathrooms

Conservatard detected.
>>
>>71057944
The minimum wage thing is arguably the more important issue, but libs only give a shit about their sexual identities because they're so degenerate.
>>
>>71057944
It is you retard. We love our state government. You would be beaten to a pulp if you came to our state. We don't take kindly to your kind.
>>
>>71058419
>We love our state government. You would be beaten to a pulp if you came to our state. We don't take kindly to your kind.

Oh course a big government statist fascist like you would say that.
>>
>>71058255
And WHICH party passed this law? The GOP.

This falls on YOUR head. That means when you lose the governorship and tons of house and senate seats in NC this election, you can't blame those liberals for it.
>>
>>71058488
How much are you being paid? No one gives a fuck. If there is a guy dressed as a woman using the female bathrooms he will get the shit beaten out of him. We'll be sure of that. It happened once last year, and it will happen again.
>>
What's the problem? This is the conservative wet dream
>get to discriminate as much as you want
>don't like it? Fuck off
Or are they getting buttupset that people are choosing to take their business elsewhere?
>>
>>71058633
>If there is a guy dressed as a woman using the female bathrooms he will get the shit beaten out of him.

Who said anything about that retard?

Again did you read what was IN THIS FUCKING BILL as opposed to spewing you bullshit.

You come at me and I'll cap your ass.
>>
File: WfNUe.jpg (49 KB, 640x552) Image search: [Google]
WfNUe.jpg
49 KB, 640x552
>>71058663
>What's the problem? This is the conservative wet dream

Most Americans aren't conservative anon.
>>
>>71058663
uh the conservatives dont have a problem

charlotte resident here, nobody gives a shit, most people don't even realize were being boycotted
>>
>>71058488
Libtards like you hate guns.
>>
>>71058867
>Libtards like you hate guns.

I'll still shoot your cracker ass if you get near me.
>>
>>71058818
>charlotte resident here, nobody gives a shit, most people don't even realize were being boycotted

When you start losing billions of funding because the obama administration cuts it off to your state you will start caring come the governor elections idiot.

Also how do you feel knowing you can't a wage increase because of HB 2?
>>
>>71058899
Kek. Can't believe I took your bait. You're a pro.
>>
File: go dawgs.png (279 KB, 425x395) Image search: [Google]
go dawgs.png
279 KB, 425x395
>mfw Georgia grows stronger thanks to North Carolina shooting itself in the foot
>>
>>71058989
Conservatives hate getting wage increases
>>
>>71059365
>Conservatives hate getting wage increases

Conservatives are fucking stupid. That's why they are conservative.
>>
>>71057468
lol those government bans are just a PR stunt anyway. I mean how often does an employee of the Minnesota state government have business in North Carolina anyway?
>>
>>71057237

I think all sides are fucking stupid, and I'm from NC. There were no problems before any of this.

The law should be "use the bathroom appropriate for your genitalia." If you get a sex change, use the appropriate bathroom. If you want privacy in a bathroom use the one at your home. Privacy in public? Come on.

Also, the bathroom isn't a place to hang out or do anything cool. You shit, or you piss, and then you get the fuck out. It's not an exclusive club.

Fucking retards.
>>
>>71059555
>>
>>71059436
Wage laws are oppressive to the job creators and the future millionaires who work for them
>>
>>71059555

Again see what's actually in this bill >>71057944
>>71057944
>>71057944
>>
>>71059555
Nailed it.
>>
>>71059622
>job creators

Oh godddddd
>>
>>71059996
>wikipedia
Let's try actually reading the bill.

>Biological sex. - The physical condition of being male or female, which is stated on the person's birth certificate
http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2/Bills/House/PDF/H2v4.pdf

Except that trannies can get their sex legally changed in North Carolina.
>North Carolina state registrar will issue a new birth certificate upon receipt of a written request by an individual "to change the sex on that individual's birth record because of sex reassignment surgery, if the request is accompanied by a notarized statement from the physician who performed the sex reassignment surgery or from a physician licensed to practice medicine who has examined the individual and can certify that the person has undergone sex reassignment surgery." G.S. § 130A-118.
http://www.transequality.org/documents/state/north-carolina
>>
>>71060242
>G.S. § 130A-118
Fuck it. I'll just link it directly.
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/pdf/bysection/chapter_130a/gs_130a-118.pdf
>>
>>71060242
>Let's try actually reading the bill.

That's the summery of what's in the bill you stupid fucking retarded idiot.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2015E2/Bills/House/HTML/H2v4.html

The wage levels of employees, hours of labor, payment of earned wages, and the well‑being of minors are subjects of concern requiring legislation to promote the general welfare of the people of the State without jeopardizing the competitive position of North Carolina business and industry. The General Assembly declares that the general welfare of the State requires the enactment of this law under the police power of the State.

A county may contract with and appropriate money to any person, association, or corporation, in order to carry out any public purpose that the county is authorized by law to engage in. A county may not require a private contractor under this section to abide by any restriction that the county could not impose on all employers in the county, such as paying minimum wage or providing paid sick leave to its employees, regulations or controls on the contractor's employment practices or mandate or prohibit the provision of goods, services, or accommodations to any member of the public as a condition of bidding on a contract.contract or a qualification‑based selection, except as otherwise required or allowed by State law."

The General Assembly declares that the regulation of discriminatory practices in employment is properly an issue of general, statewide concern, such that this Article and other applicable provisions of the General Statutes supersede and preempt any ordinance, regulation, resolution, or policy adopted or imposed by a unit of local government or other political subdivision of the State that regulates or imposes any requirement upon an employer pertaining to the regulation of discriminatory practices in employment, except such regulations applicable to personnel employed by that body that are not otherwise in conflict with State law.
>>
>>71060242
>Except that trannies can get their sex legally changed in North Carolina.

I'm not even talking about that idiot. Though there is a part saying someone can go to JAIL for going to the bathroom. Still claim you are for small government?
>>
File: 1437848047289.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1437848047289.png
116 KB, 228x260
>>71057667
Topkek
>>
>>71060242

This Article does not create, and shall not be construed to create or support, a statutory or common law private right of action, and no person may bring any civil action based upon the public policy expressed herein.

And this part right here translates to mean you cannot in state courts bring up anti-discrimination suits. So if someone puts up sign saying NO NIGGERS ALLOWED it's perfectly ok in NC.
>>
>>71060583
What you linked is exactly the same text as what I linked.

>>71060679
>Though there is a part saying someone can go to JAIL for going to the bathroom.
It doesn't say that anywhere in the bill.

>>71060829
You can't read. It simply says that you cannot use that particular bill as a claim for an anti-discrimination suit.
>>
>>71061095
>You can't read. It simply says that you cannot use that particular bill as a claim for an anti-discrimination suit.

WRONG

WRONG

Even the governor said he wants that part repealed because you cannot bring any discrimination law suits in the state.
>>
>>71058989
why the fuck would i want a wage increase, i already make much more than min wage
>>
>>71061379
>why the fuck would i want a wage increase, i already make much more than min wage

Yeah fuck all those people living in poverty!

We should be even poorer and let corporations fuck us all in the ass!!!!!!!1!1!!!!!
>>
>>71057237
We had the same thing happen here in AZ over SB1070. Boycotts left and right, I remember that whiny Jew band Maroon 5 canceled a show in Phoenix, big fucking whoop. It will blow over and the gay lib agenda will be baaaawing about something somewhere else.
>>
>>71061287
>based upon the public policy expressed herein
Why do you think this phrase is meaningless? Learn how to read nigger.
>>
>>71061698
>It will blow over

Because the governor vetoed SB 1070
>>
>>71062002
Uh, Brewer signed it.
>>
>>71062306
>Uh, Brewer signed it.

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about another bill.

>>71061909
This can only be settled in court. And hopefully this abomination of a bill is struck down.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7382390
>>
>>71059996

The bill is fucking stupid in the first place because this is all about FUCKING BATHROOMS. You should no more than five minutes in a bathroom out in public, if that. BY THE WAY, THAT IS OUT IN PUBLIC WHERE YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANY PRIVACY WHATSOEVER.

ONCE AGAIN THOUGH, THERE WERE ZERO PROBLEMS BEFORE ANY OF THIS. NO WEIRDO TRANNIES OR WHATEVER FUCKING WITH ANYTHING. PLUS, WHAT STOPPED PEOPLE FROM USING THE DIFFERENT RESTROOMS AND WHAT IS TRULY STOPPING PEOPLE NOW? THEY DO NOT HAVE ARMED GUARDS IN PLACES DOING THIS AND ENFORCING THE LAW. IT'S LIKE THE STUPID FUCKING RECYCLING THING HERE. THEY SAY THEY'LL FINE YOU FOR NOT RECYCLING, BUT HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO ENFORCE THIS?

FOR FUCK'S SAKE. STOP MAKING PROBLEMS, YOU DICKHEADS. IF IT MAKES YOU THAT UNCOMFORTABLE OR WHAT THE FUCK EVER, OUT IN PUBLIC MIND YOU, USE YOUR PRIVATE BATHROOM AT YOUR DOMICILE WHERE YOU CAN DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANYTHING YOU WANT.
>>
>>71062563
>ONCE AGAIN THOUGH, THERE WERE ZERO PROBLEMS BEFORE ANY OF THIS.

Ok so why are you trying to defend this law if there was literally ZERO promblems before this?

Why did your GOP Evangelical far right wing legislature and governor pass this shit?

Also vote

>>
>>71062703

I'm not defending the law, I'm saying it's fucking stupid. From all parties it's fucking stupid because of what I mentioned.

I swear they passed this thing to bring some shitty attention to NC.
>>
>>71062548
>>71062703
Why is there a lack of an "I don't give a shit if it's there or not" option?
>>
>>71057237
i don't want these fags with little girls in the bathroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVRrybYWNE

but i also don't want actually passable male to female trannies using the mens room. it should just be illegal to dress as the other gender to stop the confusion
>>
>>71057237
feels fucking great man
our state is being purged of retard companies and degenerate pop artists, not to mention immigration from the north is going to stop
>>
>>71062825
>Why is there a lack of an "I don't give a shit if it's there or not" option?

If you don't give a shit you should vote no.

>>71062811
>I swear they passed this thing to bring some shitty attention to NC.

Well if you don't like the attention you need to go out and vote out the governor and the Evangelical tea baggers who control your state legislature.

Because a lot of people now view North Carolina and Mississippi and modern day Jim Crow states for gays.
>>
>>71063037
>If you don't give a shit you should vote no.
That implies I would be against it.
>>
>>71063037

I do vote, but all we ever have here is either retarded democrat or retarded republican. Nothing changes except for things getting worse. It's getting ridiculous.

Oh, and the worst part is both sides will bow down to yankee cunts.
>>
>>71062949
>i don't want these fags with little girls in the bathroom

This isn't the 1950s anymore. Calling gays pedos doesn't work in 2016.

>>71062966
>our state is being purged of retard companies and degenerate pop artists, not to mention immigration from the north is going to stop

Billions will be cut by the Obama administration and your state is going to turn into Somalia and you are glad because AT LEAST I GOT MY GOD AND BIBLE AND JEBUS

Yeah you hicks deserve what you get...FUCK YOU
>>
>>71061489
lol stop being a lazy shit and further better your resume or stay in poverty. Entitled fucking shits. Or stop having 4 kids by age 22. Either or really.
>>
>>71063210
yeah and calling pedos rapists won't work in 2050 right? >>current year<< doesn't matter
>>
>>71063154
>That implies I would be against it.

Why do you support state sanctioned discrimination?
>>
>>71063288
>yeah and calling pedos rapists won't work in 2050 right? >>current year<< doesn't matter

Yeah go fuck yourself Evangelical tea bagger

Reminder 4chan is full of Christians fat pedophiles.
>>
>>71057237
Does these guys still go to places in the middle-east that put gays to death and shit?
>>
>>71063464
>Does these guys still go to places in the middle-east that put gays to death and shit?

>middle east does dumb shit
>USA should be like the middle east!!!!
>>
>>71063336
Nobody is discriminated against in the bill.
>>
>>71057237
>companies and people that have zero issues doing business in Muslim countries where gays are imprisoned and punished
Take a wild guess
>>
File: stephan molyneux 982.jpg (13 KB, 560x292) Image search: [Google]
stephan molyneux 982.jpg
13 KB, 560x292
>>71063410
not an argument
>>
>>71063508
>Nobody is discriminated against in the bill.

BULLSHIT

The part saying no discrimination policies covering LGBT folks is discrimination and targets a specific group.
>>
>>71063506
Not my point at all.

But if you're going to boycott a place for something, shouldn't you be consistent about it?
>>
File: 12ktkk.jpg (107 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
12ktkk.jpg
107 KB, 780x439
>>71058775
>>
>>71063523

See

>>71063506
>>
File: 1090.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1090.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
>>71063210
>your booming tech industry is doomed because a shitty pop artist hates you now!
>pl-pl-please just be tolerant!!
nice try
if you actually lived in a small town full of decent people you would realize why we don't want you subhumans here. by the way i'm atheist
>>
>>71063660
>But if you're going to boycott a place for something, shouldn't you be consistent about it?

I agree. I support boycotting a shit ton of places.

I'm just saying that this is the civilized world and we have different standards here than say Saudi Arabia or Iran.
>>
>>71063210
Another nc resident here. I think maybe this isn't the site for you.
>>
>>71063506
>state passes law that protect normal people from being sued by delusional faggots
>LITERALLY HITLER, BOYCOTT!
>entire regions control by "religion of peace" straight up murdered gays or anyone else
>No problem here, nothing to see folks.
>>
>>71063654
>The part saying no discrimination policies covering LGBT folks is discrimination
What part are you talking about exactly? It doesn't discriminate against any group.
>>
>>71057468

Oh hey, my county banned travel to NC and MS.

Dunno what a Fort Lauderdale county official would be doing in either state anyway, though
>>
>>71063882
See>>71063772

YEAH LET'S TURN NC INTO SAUDI ARABIA OF AMERICA
>>
>>71063772
I agree, but it's hypocritical to get butthurt by a law that prevents people from suing, but being A-OK with laws that put people to death.
>>
>>71063948
You keep repeating that strawman, and you keep looking like an idiot.
>>
>>71063894
>What part are you talking about exactly? It doesn't discriminate against any group.

YOU DIDN'T READ THE FUCKING BILL YOU STUPID FUCK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Facilities_Privacy_%26_Security_Act

>A contentious element of the bill is the part that eliminates anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay, and bisexual people,
>>
>>71064053
>You keep repeating that strawman, and you keep looking like an idiot.

This bill is literally advocating murder and violence against LGBT folks.
>>
>>71063948
refusing to call a man a woman makes you saudi arabia?
>>
>>71063882
Quality post. Agree 100%
>>
>>71064122
>refusing to call a man a woman makes you saudi arabia?

This law was passed by CHRISTIANS

Do you understand? This is CHRISTIAN Sharia law to turn America into a fucking theocracy.
>>
>>71064061
I don't believe you read the bill. Why don't you link me text from the bill from the bill where the state government specifically discriminates against LGBT?
>>
>>71064108
>literally advocating murder and violence against LGBT folks.
It's literally preventing them from suing people for not going along with their delusions.
>>
Personally, I think private businesses should be able to discriminate against whatever they want. Just like how they don't have to accept people not wearing shoes or shirts or whatever.

Would that be wrong? In a way, yes. Would it be their right as a privately owned entity? Yes. The free market, if it were actually free, would really fix that and there'd be another shop to cater to them.

If some gays were turned away from a cake or something, I'd be looking at how to open a bakery immediately. Fuck, man, all of this shit is so stupid either way.
>>
>>71057237

reminder to carolina bros to just withstand the barrage before they get bored and to write your politicians voicing your support over this
>>
File: all_out.jpg (76 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
all_out.jpg
76 KB, 625x626
>>71064108
>This bill is literally advocating murder and violence against LGBT folks.
>>
>>71064192
>Why don't you link me text from the bill from the bill where the state government specifically discriminates against LGBT?

God fucking damit

It says that there can be no civil rights laws covering LGBT folks you fucking retard.

>It is the public policy of this State to protect and safeguard the right and opportunity of all persons to seek, obtain and hold employment without discrimination or abridgement on account of race, religion, color, national origin, age, biological sex or handicap by employers which regularly employ 15 or more employees.

>The General Assembly declares that the regulation of discriminatory practices in employment is properly an issue of general, statewide concern, such that this Article and other applicable provisions of the General Statutes supersede and preempt any ordinance, regulation, resolution, or policy adopted or imposed by a unit of local government or other political subdivision of the State that regulates or imposes any requirement upon an employer pertaining to the regulation of discriminatory practices in employment, except such regulations applicable to personnel employed by that body that are not otherwise in conflict with State law."

Translation: Sexual orientation and gender identity not covered by state law, that means NO city or county can pass a law protecting sexual orientation and gender identity laws.
>>
>>71064399
>reminder to carolina bros to just withstand the barrage before they get bored and to write your politicians voicing your support over this

YEAH WE SHOULD SUPPORT JIM CROW LAWS

I'M SO EDGY I'M A HUGE FASCIST BIG GOVERNMENT STATIST AUTHORITAN BOOK LICKER WHO SUCKS BIG GOP COCK
>>
>>71064206
>I think private businesses should be able to discriminate against whatever they want.

Do you know what year this is?
>>
File: 1305601613160.jpg (32 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1305601613160.jpg
32 KB, 500x329
>>71064574
>>71064665
>>71064698
>>
>>71064698
You already went a little too far anon. Try again in a thread tomorrow.
>>
>>71064698

Yeah, it's the year where if you own something you should be able to dictate what happens with it until it's out of your control. Especially if you're a private business.

I know you're doing what the kids call "trolling" these days, but your attitude is shared by quite a few.
>>
>>71064574
>It says that there can be no civil rights laws covering LGBT folks you fucking retard.
No, that's not what it says. What is says is that the state has the right to make public policy regarding anti-discrimination laws not local municipalities.

>muh marginalized group was specifically named by the state
As far as I am aware, there is no public policy that you cannot discriminate against people based on their eye color. Does that mean the government discriminates against people with blue eyes?
>>
>>71064882
>No, that's not what it says.

Literally every source including what's in the bill says you are full of shit. So STFU you stupid fucking fucker.

>What is says is that the state has the right to make public policy regarding anti-discrimination laws not local municipalities.

And since there is no LGBT statewide anti-discrimination law that means all other laws by cities and counties are null and void.

That also applies to anti-discrimination laws covering military veterans

>As far as I am aware, there is no public policy that you cannot discriminate against people based on their eye color. Does that mean the government discriminates against people with blue eyes?

No but this bill was designed to overturn Charlotte's public accommodations law covering gays passed in February.
>>
>>71065105
The lack of an anti-discrimination law is not equivalent to discrimination. Know what words mean before you use them.
>>
>>71065408
>The lack of an anti-discrimination law is not equivalent to discrimination. Know what words mean before you use them.

Yes it is when you overturn local discrimination laws you stupid fucking fucker.
>>
>>71057237
If these companies actually cared, they wouldn't be doing business in places like China.

Fuck them, this is all just one big PR stunt.
>>
>>71065464
No it isn't. The state government felt that Charlotte did not have the right to regulate interstate business.
>>
>responding to obvious bait
>>
>>71065713
>No it isn't. The state government felt that Charlotte did not have the right to regulate interstate business.

WHICH IS DISCRIMINATION AGAINST LGBT FOLKS
>>
>>71065803
Again no. Last time I checked, the NC government will still protect your rights as a citizen regardless of what you look like.
>>
>>71066217
>the NC government will still protect your rights as a citizen regardless of what you look like.

How can they when sexual orientation and gender identity isn't covered under state law now?
>>
>>71066298
Why does it need to be called out? You aren't allowed to murder a gay or transgender person in NC. Or steal from them or other things.
>>
>>71057944
So each city or town being able to pass anti-discrimination laws without state approval is a good thing? Do you Justice system at all?
>>
>>71065803
Good.

Fags don't deserve rights :)
>>
>>71062825
There is, it's called don't vote in the fucking poll, dipshit
>>
>>71067600
But that's not an accurate sample.
>>
>>71064698
ITS TWENTY SIX TEEN
>>
Wait so what's going on?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.