[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are not a true Christian if you are not a Protestant.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: th.jpg (50 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
50 KB, 480x480
With all the shit the Catholic Church has done and preached which have NO basis in scripture, why is anyone still a Catholic?

>Stole many things from Pagan religions
>Used to preach about Purgatory
>Excommunication
>Penance
>Faith + Works meme
>Confessing to a priest instead of Jesus
>Praying to Mary and Saints, Which equates to idolatry
>Catechism
>Priests used to do sermons in Latin, while no one understood a word he was saying.
>The fucking Inquisition
>The Pope himself has no basis in scripture, Peter was NOT the rock.

I'd like some explanations.
>>
I'm no longer Christian myself, but I was raised catholic and sent to a protestant school. The Protestants I encountered there were fucking idiots. Seriously, we were taught Young Earth Creationism as a science course. At the very least, the Catholic Church supports learning and knowledge.
>>
Protestants are cancer
>>
File: REMOVE.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>71054750
>protestantism is true christianity
>not based orthodox
Kebab detected
>>
Crusades launched by the Catholic Church: 9
Crusades launched by Protestant Christianity: 0

How can protestants even compete?
>>
>>71054750
Hey look, a Protestant who's ignorant about Christianity. Now there's a surprise. All your points have been debunked many times over, never mind that some of them are so inaccurate there's no need to even debunk them.
>>
>>71056701
I went to a Protestant church when I was a child and a Catholic church when older. The Protestant church was much more socially conservative etc because of the tendency towards literalism. A lot of them believed in conspiracy theories and hates Muslims etc. The Catholics were extremely cuckolded, the last time I went they were raising money to help pay for more refugees to come to Europe.
>>
>>71054750
I love being Catholic. Over and out.
>>
>>71054750
The Catholic Church historically has been one of the largest driving forces behind science and education. Protestants are retards that don't believe in evolution and think the world is 6000 years old.
>>
Catholic here.
we:
>tortured jews in the church during the inquisition to root out their cancer
>removed kebob during the crusades for the holy land

I'm sure Protties did something, too, though...like....removed inconvenient books from the bible? See! That's something...
>>
>>71057207
>The Catholic Church historically has been one of the largest driving forces behind science and education
Except for the fact that it was mainly Britain, Northern Germany and the USA (which prior to mass Italian and Irish immigration had few Catholics) which did that.
>>
>>71057207
lol
>killed anyone who said earth is round
>>
>>71054750
Orthodox criticisms are actually relevant.
Most shit protestants take issue with is stuff that's been fixed.
There is some overlap, but orthodox churches actually know what the fuck they're talking about.

What hilarious is that you faggots basically consider the bible the literal word of god.
It's not.
>>
>>71057897
>stuff that's been fixed

Doesn't matter. Still completely turns me off from the Catholic Church.
>>
>>71058082
Then go orthodox.
Protestants are terrible, or at least american and british protestants.
Though Anglicans shouldn't even be allowed to call themselves protestant.

Also, caring about the long dead past is something liberal faggots and jews do.
Are you a jew?
>>
>>71054750

I was raised a Protestant in the North East US, and I can tell you not only is it the best Christian derivative it's one of the best religions period. Besides things like praying to saints (idol worship), and a few other hypocritical things Catholics do, not only did we actually learn a great deal about our religion and it's history, but we learned about other religions too, including things like Satanism - the differences and similarities between our religion and others, so that we can understand each other better.

Church leaders were intelligent and when we had questions about science and questions about the validity of faith, they managed to show us that they aren't opposites, but parallels (we can never know if God exists, but God could have created the Big Bang, etc).

Most kids I went to school with were Catholic, and most didn't even understand their own religious ideals or rules. Even when confirmed they knew nothing. We had cross community efforts - going to other religious gatherings and observing, every single Catholic I brought wished they were Protestant after attending our services and getting to ask questions because they actually were engaged rather then scared into faith.

Catholics breed fear and hate - I'm from a Protestant family and an Irish Catholic family, and the Catholics in my family and community are either Holy Rollers who are self loathing because they're taught to fear sin or don't know anything because they go to services on Holidays only. We were taught to love and forgive, and have faith - the only key elements that should matter. If you're a good person and have faith that's all that matters.

I'm no longer religious but don't fully disbelieve, the leaders in our church were very open to exploring the truth for ourselves and that's a reason I ended up leaving, maybe that sounds bad for them but it breeds trust in the community and is a good life lesson, I would want my children to be exposed to those kinds of values
>>
>>71058935
Yes, fully agree. All Catholicism is about is getting stuff done. They are not very devout.
>>
>>71054750
Like the Jews. Cf genisis ages of Adam's lineage
>Used to preach about Purgatory
Cf 2 Maccabees
>Excommunication
Cf binding and loosing
>Penance
Cf james
>Faith + Works meme
Cf James. Also realise Galatians was directed at 'the law' ie mosaic law.
>Confessing to a priest instead of Jesus
In persona Christi. Learn what the Jews understood by 'apostle', then cf titus
>Praying to Mary and Saints, Which equates to idolatry
Through, not to. Cf 2 council of nicea
>Catechism
See apostolic succession. Cf Titus, Timothy, acts.
>Priests used to do sermons in Latin, while no one understood a word he was saying.
Cf history LOL also read Pope Paul VI
>The fucking Inquisition
Compare German wars between heretics and Catholics in deaths to Spanish Inquisition deaths. Read St Ignatius
>The Pope himself has no basis in scripture, Peter was NOT the rock.
Loool, his name is literally Cephas. Read Cyprian 1, and...
JOHN 21
O
H
N
>>
>>71054750
Catholicism:

Protestants:
>Stole everything from catholicism

nice point m8
>>
>>71056946
CATHOLIKEKS
ARE
YOU
EVEN
TRYING?
>>
>>71054750
This sure is a Jewish or Muslim divide and conquer thread. Too bad being a hassidic and being a Shia is the only proper way to worship Yahwah and Allah.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.