[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Alaska /pol/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14
File: download.png (3 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 261x193
I'm currently considering moving to Alaska due it's low population and innawoods potential

I would really like to have some insider info from any Alaska bros about the state before I decide.

How are the general population?
Any indigenous people I need to be wary of?
Challenges/benefits to living there that Normies don't really know about?

And is it true that the government pays people to live in the more remote areas?
>>
File: b.png (228 KB, 404x375) Image search: [Google]
b.png
228 KB, 404x375
Bump.
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>71053332
Its look very comfy, I'd like to go there.
>>
>>71053567
That was the impression I got from it too.
>>
>>71053665
Yeah, watch the city anchorage. Alaska have very nice landscapes, I think I'll go there for vacation
>>
>>71053332
Alaskan here, it's great. Cheap cost of living, low population areas everywhere, practically no libtards or SJW types, and I get all the guns I want. The natives here are mostly drug addicts that don't have jobs, but they live in the slums of the city mostly.
>>
>>71053910
Thanks senpai.
Tbh that scenery is one the main selling points
>>
>>71053998
Very nice.
The gun laws are very tempting
Do you guys have alot of dindus?
NCfag here
We have quite abit
>>
>>71053332
If i moved to the USA, alaska would be the place, the scenery and low population is attractive. We dont have many people here and whenever I've gone overseas its been a terrible wake up to overpopulation.
>>
>>71053998
Very nice
The gun laws there are also a plus
How are the dindus?
NC fag here...we have alot down this way.
>>
Cons: no women, mosquitos

Pros: no women, guns
>>
>>71054251
>>71054367

Forgive the multiposts
>>
>>71054291
I would love that.
I just went to Chicago and the crowds were awful
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>71053332
Don't move up here unless you make decent money, we don't need any more poor people moving here for the PFD check. That being said, I can answer your questions:
1. The general population is alright, friendly and reasonably helpful.
2. homelessness and rampant alcohol abuse is a problem with the Native population.
2. We have clean air, clean water, and vast wilderness. It really is a beautiful state. While the allure of receiving an extra $2,000 dollars a year from the permanent fund sounds good on paper, believe me when I say that it's easily offset by the high cost of living.
3. Living in remote areas can get expensive, and no, the government wont pay you to live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. The rural communities are already economic deadweight money pits as it is.
>>
>>71053332
>How are the general population?
Um, fine, I guess.

>Any indigenous people I need to be wary of?
Indians have a lot of domestic problems, and substance abuse problems, but they're noting like urban blacks. They act more like white trailer trash imo.

>Challenges/benefits to living there that Normies don't really know about?
Fewer consumer options, high shipping costs, fewer job opportunities depending on what you do. On the other side of misunderstandings: the climate is actually very livable. Summers are mild along the coast, and quite warm inland. Even the inland winters aren't THAT bad unless you live above the Arctic Circle.

>And is it true that the government pays people to live in the more remote areas?
No, but there is a small state paid oil revenue, but I wouldn't put my faith in that for the long term. Personally, I think Alaska should start a sovereign wealth fund similar to Norway so the finite oil revenues can support the state for generations to come. Unfortunately, the majority of the population will probably vote for short term payouts unless as VERY charismatic, and highly trusted and respected politician was to propose the alternative.

Also, there is a lot of land with zero property tax, especially in the Unorganized Borough, but you will pretty much have to build a self-sufficient cabin, and have no services whatever, except the ones you can build yourself.
>>
>>71054251
It's almost entirely whites and natives. You get a lot of bushpeople and rednecks though. You can't go to walmart without seeing 10 guys in ripped up Carharts jackets.
>>
Get married before you move there though. The m to f ratio is 8:1
>>
>>71054367
Almost no dindus
Just druggie natives
>>
>>71053332
Alaska here, living in Chugiak. Ask me anything. I'll answer 100% honestly.
>>
>>71054628
Thanks for the honesty.
I do make a decent living working from home so I could inject my income into the local economy
>>
>>71054755
Fairbanksfag here, how's Chugiak?
>>
>>71053332
Fuck off. We're full. You can only come if you promise to vote Republican.
>>
>>71054628
Bro, PFD won't be around much longer and I'll be glad when it's fucking gone. Where you living? Pol Alaskans really need to get together and go shooting. We are the least cucked Americans.
>>
Just as a heads up
I switched to data since I'm heading out for a walk
>>
>>71054755

I have read there is a big guy/girl ratio disparity where there is way more dudes the women.

Is that noticeable at all, does it effect dating?
>>
>>71054596
Yeah i know what you mean. I grew up in a city of 1 million people in a state of 2 million (Western Australia) and it was still unbearable going into the city. I went to abu dabhi and singapore and hated the crowds. I currently live in a rural town near the great barrier reef and i like it.
>>
>>71054811
>implying I'd vote for those cucks instead of fascists or libertarians
>>
>>71054811
I voted for Trump in the primaries
>>
Oh, and don't go to the military bases. They're basically all just Cali and Floridacucks hoping to see all the people living in igloos and riding moose.
>>
>>71054962
Well, the universities have similar ratios to the rest of the country, so you wouldn't notice it there.
>>
Anchorage. I moved here 3 years ago from Las Vegas. It's pretty based, definitely /pol approved. The male/female ratio is even until you get out in the bush, almost no dindus, good gun laws, no state income tax or sales tax, fucking beautiful scenery, epic hunting/fishing. Downsides are the dark winters, more expensive to live, kinda isolated if you have family out of state, lots of drunk natives but they mostly just ask for money.
>>
>>71054805
Beautiful man. Seriously one of the best places in the state. The matsu valley trash come here to steal but that's about all the crime I have to deal with.

Spend most of my days dirt biking, going to the gun range and hanging out with friends. All of my neighbors are nice as hell. It's kind of the same working class crowd Fairbanks has minus the natives. I've lived all over the state (kodiak, anchorage, homer, barrow etc) and it's my favorite place so far.
>>
File: Alaskan Sunrise 1968 Ford.jpg (483 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Alaskan Sunrise 1968 Ford.jpg
483 KB, 1632x1224
>>71054746

Its not quite that lopsided. Still, many are straight up white trash and definitely not relationship material, much less marriage material.
>>
>>71054962
I've never noticed the boy/girl thing. A lot of the women are fat or hideous though.
>>
>>71054962
It's more than the best, brightest, and hottest women don't want to move to a bigger pond for at least a little while. It's not glamorous staying in what is essentially a small hometown. There are plenty of women around, but it's not a good place to meet the best women. There are of course exceptions.
>>
>>71055208
I deal with the occasional native.
Theyre probably nothing compared to an NC dindu
>>
>>71054962
You might notice it on dating sites and shit, tinder here is complete shit but finding a gf or a quick fuck is easy. Lots of sluts though but also some of the most redpilled chick's I've met.

It's more traditional here than a lot of places. Like most of my friends wives stay home with kids. Anchorage is feminist liberal shit hole of the state so if you like new age sluts there are tons there. Stds are rampant here so best to be careful.
>>
>>71053332

Alaska here. It's terrible, you should probably just stay away.

Seriously though
Hard to find a job, but money can be made if you have an entrepreneurial spirit.

No money paid for living remote
>>
>>71054811
This too, we have huge influx of Californians and Seattle liberal fags, we don't need anymore. Only red voters are welcome outside of anchorage.
>>
>>71053332

You will not survive the winter, Cheechako.
>>
>>71055546
The worst ones eventually leave though because they can't make a living, and their trust funds run out.
>>
>>71055532
I work at home and can bring that work with me
>>
>>71055408
Oh yeah, I was in new Orleans for a few months and I actually missed the natives after dealing with the niggers. Nates are harmless for the most part.
>>
>>71053998

>cheap cost of living

What are you smoking? We have one of the highest cost of living in the nation
>>
>>71055635
I'm not too familiar with places outisde Alaska, but really? 700 a month for rent and most food is cheap enough. No taxes on random shit either.
>>
>>71054367
Dindu population is growing, but nothing even remotely close to the South (there is probably like 10,000 in the state now). Plus our dindus aren't annoying outside of Anchorage. They pretty much all keep their filthy nigger lips shut.
>>
>>71055635
Apartments really aren't that bad. Houses are insane though. My and roommates and me 1900 a month for our house we rent and it's tiny. It's on like 6 acres though so it's worth it for me.
>>
>>71055600
Brother
I've hunted all my life
I know how to take care of myself in the woods
And I know how to drive in bad winter conditions
>>
>>71055616
I know kek, they are also scared of natives which is hilarious to me. Natives are so drunk you can knock them over with just a small shove.
>>
>>71054933
Whee do you shoot? Range is expensive and all the places I went as a kid are closed off or populated now
>>
>>71055769
You must live like a degenerate nigger on $700 a month
>>
>>71056020
>not just going off into the woods and setting up cans
>>
>>71056141
700 a month for an apartment. It's not terrible, but it's in a small part of town and the room itself could be better.
>>
>>71055834
For $1,900 a month you could have a 5 bedroom $280k house in the valley.
>>
File: 1944 Enfield No.4 Mk.1 T.jpg (2 MB, 2621x1366) Image search: [Google]
1944 Enfield No.4 Mk.1 T.jpg
2 MB, 2621x1366
>>71056020

Depends on where you are in the state. Here in the Valley we have the Maud Road Range that is free to use. It has a 100 yard rifle and 25 yard pistol range with a covered firing line. Really nice.
>>
>>71056159
Yep, everything around me is private property. Can't go to the Butte like the old days
>>
>>71056020
I shoot at the range in North Birchwood. It's a private range but they aren't dicks. They'll let you shoot and give let you join after a few sessions. Being a member is nice, I can go shooting at 1am if I want.
>>
>>71055228
I would marry the landscape with views like that
>>
>>71056324
Thanks, I'm in the valley. I will check out Maud road. Just bought my wife a little .38. Need to teach her how to shoot
>>
How's Juneau, boys? Will I have trouble finding a job and a place to stay if I don't have a college degree? Are the women awful like they are everywhere else? Are the mosquitoes really that bad? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>71056291
I'm actually moving to the valley next month since my lease is up. Prices are way better out there.
>>
>>71053332
Alaska is white mans Texas, best tier state.
>>
>>71056543
I would not move to Alaska without a job offer or connections, unless you really have your shit together.
>>
>>71053332
they voted for Cruz, so no
>>
>>71056543
Jobs are great during summer, winter is a bit harder to find work. You can also work in fish processing. Bitches are a mixed bag, I've dated mega sluts and I've dated girls who pol would cum in their pants over, a little something for any tastes. Mosquitos are hell, especially in the north around Fairbanks but still better than ghetto niggers.
>>
File: 1968 Ford F250 Farm Land.jpg (690 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1968 Ford F250 Farm Land.jpg
690 KB, 1632x1224
>>71056508

The Matanuska Susitna Valley area is pretty nice. Unfortunately, we have a huge shithead problem that is only getting worse. In some areas if you leave your car or garage unlocked its likely some shiftless heroine or meth addict will come in the night to steal your tools and bikes.
>>
File: 1451580263705.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1451580263705.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
>>71056721
W-wanna hook me up with a job, senpai?
>>
>>71056909
As a kid I figured pretty much every place looked like that, but I was dead wrong. I took Alaska's beauty for granted for half my life.
>>
>tfw live in Kansas.
>tfw the wife and I plan to move to Juneau or Fairbanks in the coming year.
>tfw we plan to do a week long vacation to the two cities.
>tfw been trying to buy all sorts of things before we head up there due to "lol no shipping" shit these companies pull.
>>
>>71057348
Hope you and your wife like it. Avoid anchorage like the plague and you should have a good time. Don't let the natives scared you away, they act aggressive but they are pussies.
>>
File: IMG_0165.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>71057285
>>
>>71057907
>IMG_0165.jpg

Now this is envy
>>
>>71053332
Aren't the days like 1 hour though? When do you know when you go to sleep?
>>
>>71057819
We planned on avoiding Anchorage after she watched a documentary about all the gangs living their... Which I found hilarious that there would be Bloods & Crips in Alaska period.

And yeah, I hope we do enjoy it; obviously, it's going to be a bit of a transition from always having everything at our fingertips, like stores and what not, but I'm at the point where I'll gladly trade that for clean air, solitary life, and being able to avoid the masses down in the lower states.
>>
>>71058095
Summertime days are around 20 hours long
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Stay away. We don't want you howlee.
>>
>>71055635
Only in the villages.Besides most of the natives live off the land.
>>
>>71058387
the gangs kek
Bloods & Crips
Extremely exaggerated.
Mostly lone wolf drug dealers here.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>71057348
Fairbanks is dirty and anything in southeast is in a technical rain forest. Just stay home.
>>
>>71059897
Better than what I'm used to m8. Plus, if I'm going to own acreage, I rather have it viewing Alaskan scenery over Kansas's flat.. treeless.. dirtbowl.

>>71059482
I assumed as much, which I thought was quite funny. Only other thing I came across that was humorous was Alaska's high rape statistic, which I chalked up to the natives or the fact people who live in the wilderness go stir-crazy being alone and go on a sexual assault spree because when it finally warms up after 8 months, they actually see a woman.
>>
File: IMG_0040.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0040.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>71058726
>>71059897
This guy. If I'm ever in Juneau I'll buy you lunch.
>>
File: image.jpg (806 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806 KB, 2048x1536
>>71060734
Then we'll go shooting.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>71061092
Or use our legal auto knives.
>>
>>71058726
>not getting a MAGA Lion
Besides that, unless you are a native everyone came from somewhere just cut from the same American cloth. Fucking weird amount of Asians in Fairbanks last time I visited though. Must have gotten lost going to Cali, I guess.
>>
>>71060703
>>high rape statistic
Blame alcohol.
When native women get drunk they get very bitchy and get violent.
Men get the sameway too.
Hard to tell which are telling the truth.
i'd say its some what dramatized too.
>>
>>71058095
The summer is practically always up in the summer, but yeah, winter can get dark.
>>
File: 6.jpg (631 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
631 KB, 1600x1200
>>71061386
>not getting a MAGA Lion
I got my logo made about 4 months ago. The lion wasn't out then I don't think.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.