[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
English
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
What are non-native speakers opinions on the English language?

What do you think about the grammar, pronunciation, punctuation, etc?

Do you like it? Hate it? Do you prefer you own language?
>>
10/10

piss easy to learn
>>
Probably the only western language with no real correlation between phonetic and written form
>>
>>71046876
took 3 months to learn, easy as fuck
>>
>>71046302
C'est tres bien!
>>
>>71046302
It's far from perfect but I still love it, it's easy to learn and most people speak it in first world countries. I prefer it over Dutch, which is only useful in the Netherlands.
>>
>>71046905
What are you taking about? No matter how you justify thinking that French and Spanish are way worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 926x764) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 926x764
>>71046302
English is great but it can be complicated. In Somalian I can recite Shakespeare simply by coughing up flem while mimicking the sound of a car with a blown timing chain. English is clearly inferior.
>>
>>71047052
I have no trouble to write French or Spanish unknown words, each letters is always the same sound.
>>
>>71046302
a lot better then french and most of the slavic languages
grammar, pronunciation are not the best but fast to learn

i disliked it as kid = school but kind of like it by now because it is easy and you have a big society where you can use it
>>
I think its the best language. it's easy and sounds good.
>>
>>71048350
what about Bordeaux?
>>
>>71046302
100/10.
Easy|Makes sense grammar wise|
Literally learned it by browsing dank mémés and watching movies.

Keep it up. I believe my English at this point is better than my German (and my actual mother language is shit by now as I never use it - Russian)
>>
>>71046302
Slightly simplified version of German with all the advantages and disadvantages.
Simple to moderatly difficult issues can be stated in a shorter and generally very effective way but the strenghts of the German language i.e. precision and a certain "modularity" are more suited to the most difficult expositions.
>>
>>71049938
Huh... well, *cough *cough
maybe there are some exceptions.
>>
It's borderline retard easy compared to Slovenian, I can tell you that for a fact. Out of 5 languages I speak it's by far the easiest one.

It's also my favorite, even over my native language.
>>
>>71050226
this
>>
>>71047051
>>71049169
>>71049366

>It easy so I luv it

Sycophant answer.
>>
>>71046302
Its ok. Its not hard to learn for the easterners if you have some brain.

Well, after Georgian nothing is hard. Even tho its my native langauge I realize that its really hard to learn it.

But I only know American English. British English sounds terrific
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.