[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this generation so fucked? Is it the Marxist takeover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: American movies.jpg (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
American movies.jpg
68 KB, 600x600
Why is this generation so fucked?

Is it the Marxist takeover of colleges?
Is it because of poor minorities over-breeding and taking over the young demographics?
Is it video games?
>>
Actually, they've taken back the texting thing.
>>
Education. They don't teach about information overload or motivation techniques in schools. In addition, the school system lowers the level of education to the lowest common denominator, reducing the quality of cultural information and problem solving skills that people are being exposed to. This causes people to lack perspective and self reflection. People aren't exposed to the same level of personal difficulty anymore either, causing them to lack life skills. They become giant entitled narcissists.
>>
>>71041708

Blaming video games is a cop-out.

There are so many things wrong with the world today, and despite what /pol/ says, video games are madly popular, in the western world and in the rest of the world.

I don't play them anymore because I can't focus on them these days, but video gaming is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's only a small factor among many other factors.
>>
>>71042330
Video games are indeed not the problem. Entertainment is more readily available and intense in all forms, not just interactive types of media.
Children need to be taught how to deal with distractions early on.
>>
>>71042145
the fact that public high school exists at all delays childhood and prevents young marriage and families that actually last
>>
File: 1460672476852.jpg (272 KB, 1250x1250) Image search: [Google]
1460672476852.jpg
272 KB, 1250x1250
>>71041708
>give us your fucking money
>buy our overpriced junk food shitsnacks
>sit down
>shut the fuck up (unless you're black; then, make all the noise you want because we'd be racist to shush you)
>text on your goddamn phone the whole time

What's the point of even going to the movie theater, anymore, if you're just going to sit on your phone? My generation makes me sick. Can't even stay away from your sewn-on technology to enjoy other technology. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>71042656
If high school exists, it definitely needs to exist in a different form. My only classes where I learned something properly were ones where all the information was made available at the beginning of the course and we were left to study.
>>
>>71042330
>>71042537
If anything video games should counter the problem given how you need to actually concentrate on them during play. Try to text and play at once.
>>
File: hFKu8yj.png (555 KB, 550x717) Image search: [Google]
hFKu8yj.png
555 KB, 550x717
>>71041708

>millenial

if boomers had iphones back in the early 70's when they were young, they would have had texting-friendly theaters too.
>>
>>71042909
this is completely true. I'd say 4chan kills my attention span far more than any game ever did, to the point where I'd rather be here on /pol/ than even bother gaming in free time. Plus 4chan never ends and rewards faster and can be used in between studying in a way that I never had problems with gaming
>>
>>71042909
I don't disagree. I use gamification to help me be more productive. However, children and teenagers need to learn that these techniques exist and they should use them.
>>
>>71042672

https://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/720972338699702272

>NO TEXTING AT AMC. Won't happen. You spoke. We listened. Quickly, that idea has been sent to the cutting room floor.

>>71042672

movie theaters are shit anyway when piracy exists. Only young people with lots of friends go to them
>>
>wants to lure back millennals who don't purchase movie tickets because of pirated streams made readily available
>"they probably aren't coming because they can't text for an hour"

Why not just lower the price of tickets and increase demand for your archaic service?
>>
>>71041708
Millennials can't be stopped, no taboo's left they aren't going to know what a rule is shortly.
>>
File: grumpy-old-man-19577484.jpg (45 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
grumpy-old-man-19577484.jpg
45 KB, 360x450
people IIT
>>
>>71041708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXSPf9b-xI
>>
>>71041708

Why does this bother you?
>>
Who gives a fuck if someone is texting in a theater
>>
>>71042965
So? The iphone didn't exist then so what they would or would not have done isn't relevant.
>>
>>71041708
They're so out of touch that they think it's the cellphone bans that are pushing people away from their shitty theatres, and not the outrageous pricing, the ridiculous MPAA policing, the shitty customer service from underpaid employees, or the greater convenience of services like bittorrent or netflix.
>>
>>71043995
>Are you for real killing me right now?
Hahaha that video is gold.
>>
>>71042965
False equivalence, sjw-tier mental gymnastics.

We didnt have iphones in the 70s, so you cant possibly say what we would have done.

Nice try, tho.

>Dont you have someone to downvote on reddit?
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1024x768
Adam Aron
>aron
>>
>>71041708
>mad about texting

It's time for your nap, grandpa.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.