[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sexist video games diminish empathy for abused women: Study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: CRP_0050.webm (3 MB, 1025x1080) Image search: [Google]
CRP_0050.webm
3 MB, 1025x1080
>New research suggests sexist, violent video games like Grand Theft Auto diminish the levels of empathy male players feel toward female victims of violence.

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2016/04/14/Sexist-video-games-diminish-empathy-for-abused-women-Study/2941460638910/

I guess we know now why this place is filled with sexist misogynistic assholes that don't empathize with women.
>>
>>71041306

I thought /pol/ considered video games degenerate?
>>
File: 1456539192775.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1456539192775.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>71041306
I saw this story on the news.

The topic is fucking ridiculous. You barely ever kill women in video games in the first place. GTA is one of the few that include women that you can possibly abuse if you'd like. Other than that, what the fuck are they talking about?

When was the last time you had to shoot down an army including women?
>>
>>71041384
videogames take time away from posting on /pol/
>>
File: 1454039803499.jpg (14 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1454039803499.jpg
14 KB, 262x263
>>71041306

GTA is too late.

Dating a single mother already diminished my empathy.
>>
>>71041306
If you find yourself in an abusive " romantic" relationship, then you are an idiot. I have no empathy or sympathy for idiots.
>>
But what about male victims of violence?

You know, basically every single enemy in every video game of all time?
>>
>>71043128
>Dating a single mother already diminished my empathy.
this desu senpai
>>
>>71041306
Number of men you kill in gta: 14,736
Number of women you kill in gta: 4

>muh violence towards women
>>
Skyrim and fallout, but It doesn't really matter because all the bandits/raiders are completely insane.
>>
>>71044062
Meant for
>>71041506
>>
>>71041306
SAUCE FOR GIF NOW.
>>
File: femalearguing.png (168 KB, 500x4852) Image search: [Google]
femalearguing.png
168 KB, 500x4852
>>71041306
>New research suggests sexist, violent video games like Grand Theft Auto diminish the levels of empathy male players feel toward female victims of violence.
Pretty sure that was feminism, not violent games, I've played violent games all my life, only been exposed to feminism the last few years
>>
>>71041306
Empathizing with women makes you a pussy no Im not joking.
>>
>>71042979
Yeah /pol/ ultimately made me stop playing them. I was having more fun here.
>>
>>71043415
>boys will be boys
>>
>>71041306
more like this? :O
>>
>>71044269
>GIF
>>
>>71043497
i can't remember any particular missions where your target is a woman. then again i never played GTA 5 and it's been a long time since i played 4 or san andreas
>>
File: womynstrong.png (72 KB, 788x570) Image search: [Google]
womynstrong.png
72 KB, 788x570
>>71044284
For real though, 2d fags are the lowest form of mutated degenerate, they don't even have any way to bring their offspring into the world.
>>
>>71041306

How about Islam?
>>
>>71044637
Whatever, sauce pls.
>>
>>71041384

Nationalism is the only thing /pol/ can agree on.
>>
>>71041306
Wonder if it's crossed anyones mind that guys killing other guys all day long is similarly decreasing their empathy towards one another. But no it's sexiss because it's vaguely harmful to women.
>>
Thats good, too bad the game is so so compared to 3 and 2

Cuntish women deserve it and its their responsibility whenever they decides to take responsibility or not we will force it upon them since someone has to do it.

When was the last time a woman took responsibility for her actions?You have to force them do apologize.
Thats why its better to choose us men rather then caring for women in real Life that does not care about you in the first Place. because they choose to go with violent criminals

Thats right, they choose to go with criminals that are violent, its their own fault. period.

Laugh at them for their stupidty. Thats why its better to choose being pro male and keep sexy women in video games for the purpose of being sexy and not giving a shity about "empowering them"

Think of it like this:who here cares that you can kill black Children in metal gear solid 5 and would rather stop playing it?
I dont like the series because of mgs3 plot, but shooting niglets with guns might make it up.
>>
>>71041306
>Men are checking out from soceity and therefore not solving women's problems
>Women get angry and desperate
>Start banning things men like so they can focus more on women

Remember its all me me me.
>>
File: what.png (331 KB, 601x644) Image search: [Google]
what.png
331 KB, 601x644
>>71041306
Is there some sort of Reddit raid going on right now? I swear we're just getting spammed with this kind of SJW-type threads. It was happening while trump was exploding, and then it died down when he had that two-week slump, and now they're back in full force.

Regardless, bait thread.
>>
>>71045109
The trump reddit brought a bunch of people here.
>>
I wonder if calling themselves sluts and marching around in thongs has anything to do with it?

Most games have a female protagonist jammed in them these days. And only the sandbox games that allow you to attack everybody will let you attack random females, thats equality. But not really, because in those games you will be killing males more often than anything else.
>>
SAUCE
A
U
C
E
>>
>>71045109
>picture of happy balloon man
My fuck it's been ages since I seen that picture.
>>
>"Research"
>"Study"

Yeah, sure.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.