[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
body cameras
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 32
File: datroof.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
datroof.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
what do you think about/pol/ice wearing cameras? is it invading privacy or is helping society?
whats your stance /pol?
>>
>>71035330
The cop himself already invaded my privacy.
The cop won't remember all details, and I am incapable of remembering every mistake the cop makes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZpsxnmmbE

Yes, if cameras are going to be on me 24/7, they should also be on cops and politicians 24/7
>>
>>71035330
They should be mandatory while on duty and any evidence of tampering with them should result in immediate termination
>>
Love how you guys portray cops as some kind of emotionless alien beings. Keep on being awesome pol.
>>
>>71035914
this. its the best tool we have against leftists, niggers, and corrupt cops. its an overall win
>>
If the cop is a good cop and he has to put an al sharpton certified obama's son down then it will help the cops case.
If the cop is a corrupted cunt then it will help weed him out or keep his ass in check
>>
Those "AM I BEING DETAINED?" faggots feel the need to keep a camera in the face of every cop that approaches them, cops should get to do the same.
>>
>>71035330
>tell them i do not consent to recording or audio
>proceed to get shot

>>71035730
also this, but it will never happen because " muh privacy n shiieet
>>
>>71035330
Perfect, now you can see if the cop was doing right or wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 332x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 332x390
Bodycams are cool, I like the Niggers getting ventilated footage the most.
>>
Neutral.

While I think that there are both pros and cons that both sides are right about, I am never in favor of judging someone over life and death situations by micromanaging fucks.

Fact is that cops, like every one else, need the ability and leeway to make decisions as a professional.
>>
I'm pretty shy, and generally don't like taking pictures so it's not something that'll particularly make me more comfortable, but I understand the reasoning behind it.
Granted it's been years since I last got pulled over or was approached by the police. It's probably just gonna make me a bit more nervous next time it happens.
>>
>>71035914
This. If you weren't doing anything wrong the cops either won't bother you, or you will have nothing to worry about. Ever. Dindus will finally be shut up when they see the footage of their "churchgoing, never touched a gun" children gunning down police officers.
>>
>>71036464
This.
More liveleak vids
>>
there's literally no difference between a cop having a camera and the video being entered into evidence and a cop giving testimony and that being entered into evidence. It's the same fucking thing unless the cop is lying, in which case fuck him.
>>
>>71036434
MEXICO, DE BRONCE TU CORAZOOOON!!!
>>
File: shiggy.png (984 KB, 1166x849) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
984 KB, 1166x849
>>71036714
>If you weren't doing anything wrong the cops either won't bother you, or you will have nothing to worry about. Ever.
>600 dead whites annually
>more dead Americans since 9/11 than terrorists
>Cops have no duty to protect Americans (per Warren v. District of Columbia)

George Costanza seriously hopes you don't really think that.
>>
File: 1460653224543.webm (3 MB, 424x236) Image search: [Google]
1460653224543.webm
3 MB, 424x236
>>71035330
Yes because I want to see more of this.
>>
>>71037317
context?
>>
It would be fine, but not when every SJW wants an exhorbitant amount of footage which needs to be redacted etc. Cuz muh FOIA rights.

Then the department says: "Fuck it. It's not worth the cost and hassle."
>>
File: play stupid games.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
play stupid games.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>71035330
I think it should be absolute requirement. It should be built into the hat and vest of every fucking police officer and it should be on from the moment they start their shift until they end their shift. No on button, no off button, no tampering at all. Then when it ends they just hang their armor/hat on a rack and the video/sounds downloads to a centralized system where its stored for 6 months. Then if nothing happens it is deleted.

The cost of implementing this would be far cheaper then outweigh the legal feed of a lengthy court process. No more extreme police brutality, no more dindus doing stupid shit like pic related and starting a BLM chimpout because muh police brutality.
>>
>>71035330
Wasn't there a push for these bodycams because of niggers getting shot? A lot of good that did them. Seems to be quite useful.
>>
>>71035330

No. They shouldn't wear cameras. They were doing a great job thinning out the herd of you know whose.
>>
File: big bro.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
big bro.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>71035330
Good goy! All we need is more surveillance.

FOR YOUR PROTECTION, CITIZEN!
>>
File: predator-shoulder cannon.jpg (67 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
predator-shoulder cannon.jpg
67 KB, 600x445
>>71035330
>>
>>71037936
this t bh famalalla
the 'nothing to hide nothing to fear' is the textbook example of slippery slope
>>
They should have to wear helmets carrying full size reel to reel 70mm cinema cameras built to 1938 vintage. Try endangering beautiful black bodies carrying that shit around you monsters.
>>
>>71037707
Cops have to piss and shit sometimes.
>>
My partner is a police office in Australia, so admittedly it is much safer over here than in say the usa.
After a false allegation was given and only proven to be false by a video proof from another witness he has decided to get one and it totally changes the way people act just seeing it on him, also for the police offices own protection it is a great thing i see literally NO downside to having this when out on patrol or response
>>
>>71036327
It'll happen to you. You're not a cop or politician
>>
>>71037842
They're still going to thin them out
Now they'll just have the reasonable cause on tape.
>>71037707
Ffs niggers defended this? They have zero fucking cognition. I'm a fucking spic and would never in a fucking eternity approach a cop like this and pretend to draw something on a cop.
>>
>>71038095
No one is going to watch the video unless there is a serious event and then the cop himself can report the timeline for the event.
>>
>>71038157
>Ffs niggers defended this?
Something about kangz not being able to have fingers without getting shot by the gestapo.
>>
>is it invading privacy

No and it's fucking stupid to think it is.

Public is not private. Enough of your silly doublethink.
>>
>>71036604
>leeway to make decisions as a professional.
this
aus cop here
I don't need some auditor reviewing my discretionary powers.

I catch some kids smoking weed and i'm supposed to give them cannibis intervention requirements that makes them attend counselling, lol, fuck that

when you walk in on a domestic and some guy is being confrontational after beating the shit out of his wife, i don't have time to sit and think before throwing his ass on the ground as to whether i'm being "soft" enough

there are avenues for people to complain if our conduct is over the top. video evidence would seriously impact our ability to do our jobs properly. all that said, i'd participate in a trial, because i'm willing to justify everything I do.
>>
>>71035330
necessary and best for everybody involved
>>
>>71037707
this is the only sensible option
>>
>>71037936
Surveillance cams on an organization that already watches you but now they'll be held accountable for the shit behavior or justified and have evidence of it
Please leave Jon Burge
>>
>>71037707
This, everyone wins except niggers and corrupt/trigger-happy cops. So everyone still wins.
>>
>>71035914
My own opinion is that cameras should be mandatory, and if there's a complaint by a Citizen and the camera has "malfunctioned",the statute regarding the use of cameras should place the presumption of honesty on the person filing the complaint, with penalties for the officer. Disciplinary action for minor complaints,and termination for major ones.
Plus the legal ability to sue the officer and department for violating your rights under color of law,and pursuing the officer as an individual as well. The municipality shouldn't bear the financial burden alone. Crooked cops should be financially ruined on a personal level.
>>
File: 1451651859392.jpg (56 KB, 416x609) Image search: [Google]
1451651859392.jpg
56 KB, 416x609
>>71038384
>you're already seen in public, what's wrong with recording every second of it by government officials and saving it in a huge database!? Sheesh!
Yeah what could possibly go wrong with the government handling all this video evidence every step of the way with zero oversight?
>>
>>71035330
It's fine. The organization will always try to cover its ass anyway, this is a good way of exposing misconduct.

Besides, it'll also help to expose whether or not the suspect was arrested justly or not. And it'll provide great entertainment to whomever get to view the footage. Probably help catching criminals too since you can record them 24/7.
>>
>>71038297
>>71036604

None of that is relevant to body cameras.
>>
>>71038117
>partner

Fag
>>
>>71038560
>the camera has "malfunctioned",the statute regarding the use of cameras should place the presumption of honesty on the person filing the complaint, with penalties for the officer

Are you saying "malfunctioned" sarcastically to imply tampering, or generally? Why should a cop be penalized if it's actually a mulfunction
I doubt you could tell the difference between a genuine malfunction or tampering.
>>
>>71037046
>600 dead whites annually
Most of them probably deserved it. As did the blacks, Asians, poo-in-loos etc. who get shot by police.

A lot are probably suicide by cop too.

>>71037936
What are you talking about? We can see what the police are doing, they're also getting surveyed.
>>
>>71038631
Except, it is.

Unless you can guarantee body cameras will not be reviewed unless there is a complaint made by the public. In that case I might support it.
>>
File: 1454104020952.jpg (41 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1454104020952.jpg
41 KB, 375x500
>>71038720
>What are you talking about? We can see what the police are doing, they're also getting surveyed.
I never said we wouldn't see what the cop is doing as well. That isn't my concern here.
>>
>>71038263
/thread
>>
>>71035330
Useless
Simply because they are not open to be checked by public anyway. If no one can access the video or very hard to get authorization to, then what's the point of having them?
>>
>>71035330
Niggers would hate these cameras
>>
>>71038809
They would be reviewed for all arrests/fines. Why wouldn't they be?
>>
File: police state2.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
police state2.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>>71037936
We are being watched anyway, the only thing this does is also watching the watchers.

Imagine every public vs cop being settled in hours without any jew lawyer ever being involved.
>He dindu nuffing
>I am sorry mam but this video clearly shows that he did
>Case dismissed

>No sir we didn't do anything wrong! He resisted arrest and we used the appropriate amount of force and then he unfortunately died.
>This video clearly shows you kicking the suspect in the head 13 times after he went unconscious
>Of to jail he goes

>Cops and public wins
>corrupt cops, dindus and lawyers loses.

Also a stationary camera that watches you every day when you go to work is a lot more scary then a cop that drives around randomly and films you once every month or so.
>>
>>71038711
I'm saying "malfunctioned " meaning tampered with.
I would presume that officers would do an equipment check at the start of shift,so there shouldn't be any problems in the normal course of the day.
If the camera worked fine through a whole pursuit/arrest,and went out once the suspect was in custody, but started back up on the ride to the station,there's a good chance it was tampered with to allow the beating the suspect said happened.
>>
File: knife police.webm (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
knife police.webm
2 MB, 480x270
>>71038560
>and if there's a complaint by a Citizen and the camera has "malfunctioned"
This is why there should be at least two seperate cameras.

Hell, electronics are so light today that they could literally have 2 separate HD system both filming 360 degrees around the cop.
>>
File: 1453359975275.jpg (14 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1453359975275.jpg
14 KB, 250x242
>>71038994

>that webm

all deserved
>>
File: 1439254036439.gif (306 KB, 225x199) Image search: [Google]
1439254036439.gif
306 KB, 225x199
>>71036756
>>71036464
>every weird crazy shit a cop sees is now going to be on camera
>all of it
>mfw websites will be dedicated to police body cam footage
>>
>>71039066
>>71039066

this is wrong on so many levels.
you are basically saying i can get into a scuffle with a cop break the camera then make ANY claim and they will be held responsible,

everyone who has a go at police being corrupt or over stepping boundary etc. how about you go fucking apply see what they go through on a daily basis and the types of people they have to deal with and are told to EXPECT the worst because of the long list of police who have been injured or killed just doing there job to protect people
>>
>>71039374
>i can get into a scuffle with a cop break the camera

Of which there would be footage, proving your death being more than justified
>>
>>71038994
>were being watched anyway, let's just record it all the time and let the government store all the footage in their database!
Na thanks Sven.
>>
File: Ed209.jpg (16 KB, 329x240) Image search: [Google]
Ed209.jpg
16 KB, 329x240
Just one step closer to pic related.
>>
>>71039374
>you are basically saying i can get into a scuffle with a cop break the camera then make ANY claim and they will be held responsible,
How does breaking the camera brake the memory that filmed you up until the moment where you assaulted the cop and destroyed the camera?

Stop coming up with unrealistic and impossible scenarios.
>>
>>71035330
I think public school teachers should wear them.
Catholic priests too.
>>
>>71039701
Government doesn't pay priests and teachers have actual oversight and restrictions unlike police
>>
I think only bad people should be worried with that.
>>
File: image.png (161 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
161 KB, 1024x1024
>>71035330
It will only benefit. It'll keep everyone honest at the end of the day. It could exonerate the officer if someone falsely accused him/her of misconduct. It could back up the citizen's complaint of misconduct. I have two friends that are cops. One in Dallas and the other in NYC. Both have said that this is a good idea for those exact reasons. Pic unrelated. Let's Go Mets!
>>
>>71039943
>you're either Barney fife or judge fucking dread
>>
Since we already have fucking camera's everywhere else, sure, fuck it, stick them on the police officers as well. We've already lost most of our privacy outside of our own homes, so may as well make sure that the police are held accountable.
>>
I'm totally for them. It should make both sides happy. The truth these cameras would grantee would finally be some undeniable proof. Though there will still be denials, I'm sure.

We're already getting filmed by security, red light, and dash cams. I don't think it's a gigantic invasion of privacy that a cop would have one.

This wouldn't have worked even a decade ago, but now cheap cameras the size of a quarter can record hours of footage.
>>
>>71040324
>I can't stand the idea of having to follow the letter of the law
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.png (170 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.png
170 KB, 382x346
>>71039701
>Catholic priests
An ordinary person is more likely to be a pedophile or a child molester than a priest. So should all men wear cameras in that case? I'm sure I can find some silly feminists to agree with your idea.
>>
>protects citizens from abuse
>protects cops from false accusations

Any police department fighting these is corrupt.
>>
>>71035330
It's bullshit and completely ruins the point of having a poliece force
If you can't trust the people who enforce your laws or distribute justice on the street you're up shits creek
>>
In fact, they should wear a hat with a 3D camera on top. In no time, those will be the size of a marble, if they aren't already.

If everything around the cop was being recorded, this would end both a lot of dindu nuffins and the occasional out of line cop might restrain himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ifgJqLqTY
>>
>>71040686
It's exactly why they should be in place you faggot
Are you a woman by any chance
>if you trusted me and left my phone alone you wouldn't have found out I was cheating
Thats your argument
>>
>>71038560
If a civilian lodges a complaint about misconduct and the camera proves them baseless, the complainant should be fined or jailed.
>>
>>71040686
No one with absolute power can be trusted.
>>
>>71035330
If you are in a public place, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. If you are a public servant, while you are on duty, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Both cops and criminals have been known to be lying dickbags. I'll trust the camera over either. Cops should wear them.
>>
>>71035330
It's a good thing, niggers will not have a leg to stand on any more.
>>
>>71036464
>>71036756
>>71039358

What a time to be alive where body cams killing niggers replace russian dash cameras
>>
>>71035330

I like the idea simply because it showcases that the niggers did in fact do something warranting getting shot.
>>
>>71035330

Whatever rare good it would do would be outweighed by reporters constantly getting the footage from freedom of information and backseat driving the cops.

It would not make things better.
>>
The only people who are against body cameras are people who are doing something illegal.
>>
I think they're great, going to create a lot of empathy and protection for cops.
>>
When police wear body cameras, complaints fucking plummet. It keeps corrupt cops in check and it keeps idiots from making fraudulent complaints.

No reason not to have them.
>>
Body camera footage is just a better version of the show COPS.
>>
File: justified use of force again.webm (524 KB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
justified use of force again.webm
524 KB, 638x360
>>71038297
>I don't need some auditor reviewing my discretionary powers.
No one can question my authority, I am the law.

The police should have regulatory agency that conducts all police reviews made up of people that have never been law enforcement. The watchmen should put the fear of the people into the police.
>>
>>71035730
That video is stupid. This faggotry only applies to phonefags.
>>
>>71035730
If people are so stupid to keep private info on their phones or private photos like nudes they deserve to have it exposed. The Fappening is an great example of this. Don't keep private shit on electronics, specially if you are world famous and like to take nude photos.
>>
I guarantee that all the leftists and their pet niggers who are demanding body cameras on cops now will be demanding that body cameras on cops be banned after the videos show niggers chimping on a daily basis and wrecking every leftist meme like clockwork.
>>
>>71041471
wtf

where is that from
>>
>>71041604

Theyll just filter the footage like they filter everything else. Only certain footage will make it to the news. Or even get released.
>>
>>71035330
Not camera got a bogus assault charge dropped for me

Cop said I assaulted him, camera showed I didn't do shit

Got dropped.

I'm all for it nothing is wrong with the truth from all parties
>>
>>71035330
>what do you think about/pol/ice wearing cameras?
Good if public has access to all records all the time. Not only when police accidently shoots someone's dog.
>>
File: dindu.jpg (47 KB, 460x385) Image search: [Google]
dindu.jpg
47 KB, 460x385
>>71035330
Good. Makes solving cases of police brutality much easier. Normal citizens will be happy that the recording of the intervention will be available to court if they feel violated by cops. The cops will be better off too I bet every second dindu clains the police was raycis and just assaulted him for no reason whatsoever.
>>
File: meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up.jpg (35 KB, 728x498) Image search: [Google]
meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up.jpg
35 KB, 728x498
>>71037707
Exakt min svenske broder. Helt jävla rätt.
>>
>>71041676
Thanks to the internet, the MSM have lost the ability to set the agenda.
They still think they matter. Hahahahaha.
>>
File: justifieduseofforce.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
justifieduseofforce.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>71041664
>wtf
>where is that from
Guy was a drunk driver, he crashed his vehicle and killed his passenger, but wasn't chased. He crashed before the officer in the video could give chase. The officer was found to have accidentally shot the guy in the throat so it's fine and faced no criminal charges.

The officer spends the next 5 min looking for the shell casing and didn't report that he shot the guy until paramedics found the throat injury.

The state charged the driver with murder for the dead passenger.

Clearly the police don't need to have cameras to record their action. You can trust them.
>>
>>71041471
Story behind the vid?
>>
>>71035330
they're in public

it only highlights the shit they see on duty and overall helps keep bullshit down from witnesses blatantly lying or cop brutality
>>
>>71035330
>invading privacy
>public person
Huh?
>>
File: 1456857835792.jpg (45 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1456857835792.jpg
45 KB, 554x439
>>71042068
>The officer was found to have accidentally shot the guy in the throat
Cop said : "stay in the car", but he didn't.
>>
>>71037707
Police brutality is ok though, niggers often deserve it
>>
>>71036327
>>tell them i do not consent to recording or audio
if you're in public, you have no right to just deny someone to record
>>
>>71042173
Are you trying to say I'm a blm?

I'm a white conservative a dickhead cop tried to land a bogus charge on me to make an example

The cop has no right to privacy while serving the public all cops should have cameras

If I had done wrong then it would show I had done wrong instead of getting the case dropped
>>
>>71042173
(you)
>>
>>71035914
This.
>>
>>71042211
>Cop said : "stay in the car", but he didn't.
Which doesn't matter because he 'accidentally' shot the guy.

He wasn't trying to shoot the guy, because 'stay in the car' isn't legal justification to shoot someone.
>>
>>71041664

It was all over, he said he stumbled and accidentally fired, got off without punishment.

Pretty sure the guy died.
>>
>>71042211
>You should be killed for disobeying simple orders from cops
Russians, everyone...
>>
>>71042554
>Pretty sure the guy died.
paralyzed
>>
My grandfather is a civil rights lawyer specializing in police brutality cases. And before you ask, no none of his clients are dindus. Anyway a lot of police officers are crooks and having body cams would pretty much have to eliminate a lot of the shit my grandpa has to deal with. It would even vindicate a lot of the good cops, for example in one of his cases an older more experienced cop had to restrain another cop after he knocked out my grandpas client and was beating his ass for no reason
>>
>>71042597
recent updates says the guy died sometime later I guess from complications of being paralyzed

after he shoots the guy he radios in that theres an unresponsive woman and a man refusing to get out of the car

then the audio is turned off on the video

then the other officers command the shot dude to get out of the car repeating "you are not shot, this police officer did not shoot you, who shot you at the bar?"

no charges
WTFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>71043268
fucking awful, too bad the guy isn't alive today to appeal to such blatant corruption
>>
>people genuinely think that having undisputable footage of dindus dinduing will prevent the BLM crowd from chimping out
I'm all for police using body cams, but these people won't be sated even after cams have been implemented. They've just been protesting because a cop shot someone who was brandishing a gun. These people aren't interested in fact.
>>
>>71043750
>They've just been protesting because a cop shot someone who was brandishing a gun.
Not against the law to hold a firearm in the USA.
>>
>>71035330
No it's not invading privacy, it's actually good for many purposes like security and stuff like that.
>>
>>71043750
It would take away mainstream support which as Marxists these people need
>>
>>71035330
it's fun to watch
>first I thought it was a safety for the us citizens well niggers due to msm
>now I see it as a safety for the officers against all these jewish lies by soros orgs like blm in the jewmedia
>>
>>71035330
literally impossible, but leftist cucks will never actually think about how much money such a thing would cost to implement and oversee
>>
>>71035330
Bitch about brutality when they don't have cameras, bitches about privacy when they do.

Gee, bill two weiners?
>>
>>71044467
You're talking $350-$500 per cop when they are already provided with firearms, cars, etc... For most departments, stopping even one wrongful death lawsuit would pay for all of them.
>>
>>71044467
Go to bed grandpa, electronics is basically free today.
>>
>>71040840
good luck storing 8-10 hours of HD 360 degree video
>>
>>71035330
I think it should be mandatory for all officers on duty.
It will help to clear up crimes and will force police officers to do what they are supposed to.
And while I don't think that the general population should be surveiled (although that is happening anyway) police officers need to be held accountable for their actions especially because they are in a position of power.
>>
>>71042173
No, no, no. The saying is "Pigs in a Blanket, we like bacon"
>>
They will destroy police's ability to let people off with warnings or ignore illegal-but-harmless things, without actually reducing their kill or abuse rate all that much because the police genuinely aren't racist murders in the way the left believes. The net result is going to be a vastly larger burden falling on the public, particularly people of color, in terms of how much police action they face.
>>
>>71035330
As a police officer I like them because I don't need to take notes anymore and my reports have more detail and are easier to write. Mine has already proven several allegations against me were false. I don't like how people are bitching about cops saying their videos before they write thier reports, what's the issue? I also don't like how people are so worried about me having a camera, yet child rapists and violent offenders get to waltz around in the shadows.
>>
File: 1446297308267.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446297308267.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>71035330
If cops have to wear these stupid cameras because people want to make sure they do their jobs right then I demand every other employee in whatever line of work they're in wear the same things. If cops have to wear cameras I guarantee everyone else will too as a requirement of their job soon after.

>Teachers will have to wear cams so they're not doing anything to the students or making sure they're teaching the right stuff.

>Fast food workers will have to wear them so noone is spitting on the onion rings

>Warehouse workers will have to wear them so they're not stealing anything

>Office workers will have to wear cams, don't want Joe Nobody playing games pretending to work now do we?

>Truck drivers should wear them, don't want them driving the wheel with one hand and a coffee on the other. 2 hands on the wheels at all times now.

The list goes on. Companies will find some way to force their workers wearing cams because hey our police do it too.
>>
File: policebike.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
policebike.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>
>>71050486
>If cops have to wear these stupid cameras because people want to make sure they do their jobs right then I demand every other employee in whatever line of work they're in wear the same things. If cops have to wear cameras I guarantee everyone else will too as a requirement of their job soon after.

Most of jobs don't include the use of force on people as routine and a high potential for lethal force.

Also who the fuck are you to demand anything of private employers?
>>
>>71035963
every American cop Ive known was pretty much this way, like an autistic asshole.
>>
>>71051176
>rearending an Aprilia RSV1000
>the factory is at 15km from here

bretty triggered famiglia
>>
>>71035330
It's helping society and protecting teh cops because niggers will lie and swear to god in high heaven to protect their own. My mother lied a metric fuck ton to protect my brother from going to jail even though he raped three women and killed a little boy for his cell phone.
>>
>>71051176
lol that pathetic attempt at a kick

jesus christ what a terrible existence this man must lead
>>
>>71051266
>Most of jobs don't include the use of force on people as routine and a high potential for lethal force.

But most of jobs include opportunities for any other crimes. Stealing, embezzling, any other shady shit.

>Also who the fuck are you to demand anything of private employers?

A concerned citizen who wants to make sure cooks are not spitting in my food or teachers fucking little kids. Most of everyone in this thread wants to clutch their pearls about reckless police well I say everyone else should be held to the same standard.
>>
I bought myself a body cam since I ride motorcycle and bicycle a lot. It helps with insurance claims.
>>
>>71050486
have you considered the difference between publicly employed law enforcement officers who carry guns and are authorized to use lethal force when necessary and private employees, you fucking retard?
>>
>>71051961

Refer here faggo >>71051899
>>
>>71052105
i read it and you still sound like a dumbass with the reasoning skills of an autistic ten year old.
>>
>>71049522
The courts have long recognized that police do have discretion in enforcing the law. Cameras wouldn't change that. Besides, nobody is going to review all of that footage unless an issue pops up. Stopped somebody because they had a quarter ounce of weed and told him to keep it hidden else you would have to do something? Nobody is going to give a shit, nobody is going to complain and nobody is going to look at the footage. Get into a shootout? People are going to give a shit, and review the footage.
>>
>>71051899
Everyone else is already held to a higher standard that police though
>>
File: Stop being evil.jpg (15 KB, 216x260) Image search: [Google]
Stop being evil.jpg
15 KB, 216x260
Helps the cop. Helps the person in trabble.

Should fucking dashcams be illegal? Same principle.
>>
File: debt.png (236 KB, 749x435) Image search: [Google]
debt.png
236 KB, 749x435
>>71035330
I think body cameras are great. I use one myself.

This is OC footage I made. Hell YEAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhdN8BmESE
>>
>>71052221
And you brought nothing to the discussion and you said nothing. You can fuck off now.

>>71052276
I highly doubt that. Police and military alike are held to higher standards than any other of your common occupations. They're the ones who take orders regardless, they're the ones who have to follow their procedures perfectly, they're the ones who are targeted by criminals and the public. So yeah lets put cameras on them, it's not like we make their lives any more harder than it is now right?
>>
>>71052239
>Besides, nobody is going to review all of that footage unless an issue pops up. Stopped somebody because they had a quarter ounce of weed and told him to keep it hidden else you would have to do something? Nobody is going to give a shit, nobody is going to complain and nobody is going to look at the footage

You are a dangerously optimistic idiot. There are tons of worthless assholes with literally nothing better to do than sift through footage and piss and moan about that kind of thing.
>>
>>71037495
it's from the movie 'Hardcore Piggy'
>>
>>71053056
And in the example where a cop tells somebody with weed to hide it before he has to do something, the cop has done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law. Cops have discretion. You are a dangerously ignorant idiot about how the law works.
>>
>>71038711
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/01/29/80-percent-of-chicago-pd-dash-cam-videos-are-missing-audio-due-to-officer-error-or-intentional-destruction/

it's not up to a rando on 4chnz to determine tampering, it's up to auditors who know without a doubt there is tampering. Devices fail, but wires don't cut themselves.
>>
>>71052796
If life is too hard for them I would guess they aren't very good at their jobs, if having oversight scares them or makes their job more difficult its only because they aren't doing the job like they are supposed to
>>
>>71053695

>it's technically legal for him to do that!

This will do what to stem public outrage and pressure campaigns to prosecute? oh right, nothing.
>>
>>71051858
apparently the kick broke ribs and the dude's collar bone... seems effective enough to me
>>
>>71035330
How is this anything but good?
>>
>>71052424
your friend is a terrible actor
>>
>>71054049
Public opinion should have zero to do with who gets prosecuted. That should be based on things like evidence and probable cause, so whatever point you were trying to make is moot.
>>
>>71035330

This is the workplace not their off time. Its not an invasion of privacy.
>>
If cops had cameras on them, we wouldn't have black lives matter and other regressive idiots
>>
>>71054481
Ok no
they would still chimp out, niggers like that don't care about facts they just defend thugs for the sake of doing it
>>
>>71035330
i've been assaulted twice by the police. 1 was on cam, and 1 was not on cam. the city gave me 6 figures for the 1 on cam. (i'm 50, white, business owner, vet, advanced degree, live in a beach community. if they are beating on my demographic, they are clearly out of control and need body cams at all times.)
>>
>>71053939
Believe what you want but fact of the matter is that law enforcement is a hard job because they are the ones putting their necks on the line. And if you think oversight doesn't scare you then I want you to wear a camera for 8 hours a day then post it all on Youtube. Then do it again for the next 10-20 years or so 5 days a week.
>>
they'll never be used to prosecute an officer or used to exonerate a suspect so its completely pointless

only bootlickers agree with them
>>
>>71054362

lol.

Reread your post and count the "should"s. Ignoring reality is fine in a philosophical debate, I guess, but we're talking about actually putting cameras on actual cops in the real world here.
>>
>>71054481
half of these shooting already have videos, BLM sees what they want to.
See >>71037707
>>
>>71053739
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/01/29/80-percent-of-chicago-pd-dash-cam-videos-are-missing-audio-due-to-officer-error-or-intentional-destruction/

That's a great article, thanks.
>>
>>71054699
They aren't always one, like dashcams they turn them on when they are dealing with someone or attempting to pull someone over
If I had the authority a cop does I would understand why people would want to see what I'm doing to make sure I'm not overstepping my boundaries
stop resorting to your stupid ass argument of "hurr lets make everyone wear them"
>>
>>71054699
What are you trying to hide

If you are doing nothing wrong then you wouldn't care in the least

I would be perfectly fine wearing a body cam while on shift because I'm not a scumbag cop, it wouldn't effect me negatively, however there is little need for me to since I don't work for the government, I don't have huge amounts of power over the general population, nor do I have a long and well documented history of massive corruption and abuse of power
>>
>>71054818
They did it to the cops in my city, and it works. I mean, if you want real world experience, there is always that.
>>
>>71055267

They don't get it, the camera is their for their protection. If cops want to be looked as racist monsters then so be it. Then they are guilty in the court of public opinion.
>>
>>71054818
If you want a real world example of cops that have to wear cameras, look at Albuquerque Police. They are notoriously abusive, and the cameras seem to be having an effect on that.

A cop's actions can have serious consequences for other people, and interaction with police isn't always voluntary. Having the cameras on removes a lot of uncertainty regarding what goes on during an interaction and keeps the asshole cops in line.
>>
>>71055078
>How the fuck do you know they won't always be on? Your writing the law?

My argument actually makes sense, how about everyone else stops "hurr well if they do da job right then no worries maan durr". If the camera caught them handcuffing somebody, and the handcuffing procedure didn't go exactly the standard, then the cops fucked. If the camera caught them missing a word in whatever then it'll be "he didn't do the proper procedure" or "you didn't say it exactly like this" and cop lost a job.
>>
>>71055267
>however there is little need for me to since I don't work for the government
So more proof you have no idea what the fuck your talking about or even understand.

> I don't have huge amounts of power over the general population, nor do I have a long and well documented history of massive corruption and abuse of power

Then what is it that you do? If your just a student then your opinion on this matter is already crap.
>>
>>71055938
What procedures and "words in whatever" are you referring to, exactly?
>>
>>71055938
because I've asked the fucking cops on my campus that wear them you fucking retarded little faggot
so your argument, to sum it up is, if a cop fucks up we shouldn't get evidence of it or else he might lose his job
You're the biggest bootlicking faggot on here
If a cop fucks up he should be punished considering how much they can fuck someones life up
>>
>>71055938
How is that not avoid thing?

"I made a mistake" isn't an acceptable excuse for why they didn't follow the law when arresting someone, now they will be held accountable for their mistake instead of fudging the evidence because you know you are right and just
>>
> Cop kills a black man charging at him
> "HE DINDU NUFFIN MO MONEY MO PROGRAMS"
> This time, the cop is wearing a body cam and kills a charging black guy
> "HE WAS A GOOD BOY BODY CAMERAS ARE RAYCISS DINDU NUFFINS"
>>
>>71056194
I'm a cabinet maker by trade, why do you not understand the difference between the private sector and the public sector?

If I fuck up it can cost the company money, if a cop fucks up he can and often does cost someone their life plus large amounts of taxpayer money

I don't have authority over random strangers in public, I don't regularly hold their life in my hands, I don't point a gun at someone when they are making me uncomfortable, I don't have peoples entire future in my hands like police do when making an arrest

Can you see how its a little different to want to make sure someone doesn't cause unneeded death instead of wanting them to make sure a box is perfectly square?
>>
>>71036210
This
>>
>>71056222
Well that can just be anything really. Lets say a police department has a very specific handcuffing procedure that all cops must abide to. It tells you exactly where you place your hands, their hands, how many clicks, etc etc.

Now a scenario: Cop pulls somebody over, person is crazy and gets out of car to attack cop, cop has to wrestle person to the ground so to place handcuffs, puts the handcuffs on but shows officer used way more force then necessary, did not do procedure because he was being attacked and had to improvise. Sorry officer it wasn't the standard and media is backlashing im afraid you'll have to turn in your badge. Shit like that is expected to happen if this bodycam stuff goes through.

>If a cop fucks up he should be punished considering how much they can fuck someones life up

And what if the fuck up was completely unintentional? What if an honest to god mistake happened but the camera and its viewers see otherwise? Still think it's right for the cop to be punished?

> if a cop fucks up we shouldn't get evidence of it or else he might lose his job

That's not what I'm saying you ignorant niglet. And you have other means of evidence such as witnesses, dashcams, practically fucking anything.
>>
>>71057287
>I'm a cabinet maker by trade

You can put asbestos inside the cabinets and poison the employees. That makes me nervous and I require you to wear a bodycam.
>>
>>71057314
>shows the officer used way more force than necessary

This is the part you ignore, its not that he didn't handcuff the guy according to procedure, its that he decided what's right and what's wrong and he decided its right to abuse his position of power and use more force than he had to as punishment
>>
>>71057459
And I would, and everyone in my trade would, and we wouldn't cry about how we can't put asbestos in cabs anymore because they are actually making us do the job we said we would

Why wouldn't police? What would the footage show that they don't want seen?
>>
>>71057314
Except it doesn't work that way IRL. You're arguing based off of "muh feels." when IRL, if there is a claim of excessive force, the system is going to look at the overall reasonableness of the officer's actions and what can be proven.

And if the officer used way more force than was necessary, he should be disciplined. Excessive force lawsuits can cost cities millions, and it is not a cop's job to mete out punishment. That's the court's domain.
>>
>>71057684
>its that he decided what's right and what's wrong and he decided its right to abuse his position of power and use more force than he had to as punishment

Holy shit you glorious retard. Have you ever been in a scuffle? If your a guy with no background in kung muy lee whatever then instinctively your just gonna do whats necessary to take somebody down. In this case the officer is in the heat of the moment, life in possible danger, he's not gonna think about the stupid defense class his department made him go through because mostly everybody ignores that shit anyway. No, he is gonna do what it takes to get this person in cuffs so no more damage is done to him, the assailant, or others.
>>
>>71038994
That webm has so many cherrypicked clips lol, the one of the cop kicking the woman who is sitting down is after she hit him. But I agree with you it'd end all the bullshit police brutality issues.
>>
File: golden thumb.jpg (5 KB, 124x123) Image search: [Google]
golden thumb.jpg
5 KB, 124x123
I think they're amazing an I wish our police forces carried them everywhere.
>be liberal shit
>want policemen to carry cameras to prove they are ruthless murderers
>get countless tapes of niggers behaving like criminals instead.
>>
>“Stop using aggressive force. Don’t kick me in the nuts,” Martin is heard telling Padilla in lapel video from the incident.

>“Get on the ground,” Padilla responded.

>Padilla kneed Martin in the groin, hurting him so badly that doctors had to remove one of Martin’s testicles.

http://krqe.com/2016/03/29/city-settles-suit-over-man-losing-testicle-after-arrest/

And that is why lapel cams are a good thing.
>>
>>71058018
>you are just going to do what's necessary

Of course, I'm not a cop, if I were I would have >>71057314
>put the handcuffs on but be shown to use way more force than necessary

But I trust myself to only do what's necessary which is why I would trust myself enough to wear a body cam without incriminating myself, why don't cops feel the same?
>>
>>71057882
>and we wouldn't cry about how we can't put asbestos in cabs anymore

Implying that cops cry that they can't shoot niggers and step over their authority.

>And I would, and everyone in my trade would

Ok so then you agree with me after all.

>>71057928
>And if the officer used way more force than was necessary, he should be disciplined.

By that logic and your definition of more force than necessary actually means "just a little more than necessary", then cops will be disciplined every fucking time they get in a situation like that.

>when IRL, if there is a claim of excessive force, the system is going to look at the overall reasonableness of the officer's actions and what can be proven.

And most likely they'll find nothing, the person with the claim will keep bitching about it, gets on media, cop is fucked. Thanks bodycam!
>>
File: lol1.jpg (36 KB, 585x353) Image search: [Google]
lol1.jpg
36 KB, 585x353
>>71037317
It felt too much like Call of Duty. Can't wait to play it in VR googles.
>>
>>71037707
I think it's a waste of money. Disk storage companies are the only winners. The word of a competent police officer should be enough. They should focus on the competent part.
>>
>>71058438
>But I trust myself to only do what's necessary which is why I would trust myself enough to wear a body cam without incriminating myself, why don't cops feel the same?

And that's great that you would trust yourself, because many cops trust themselves as well and know what to do in situations. But the bodycam will show that you did something else, that it wasn't the official standard police way, see where I'm going with this now?
>>
>>71058544
I'm not implying it, I'm stating it, that's why there is so much resistance to the idea of oversight

>so you agree with me after all

That police should have to wear a body cam while on duty ad that any evidence of tampering should be met with immediate termination and criminal charges? Yes we agree whole heartedly with each other
>>
>>71058544
Your reading comprehension sucks, assmaggot. Way more force than necessary. *Way more*

Albuquerque Police already wear body cameras and that kind of shit does not happen here. There is a lot of administrative red tape if they are going to fire an officer, and they get administrative hearings, that will come to whatever conclusion they come to, public opinion on the matter be damned.

If they fire a cop without giving him administrative due process, he can sue the department.
>>
>>71058823
holy fuck this has to be bait
> But the bodycam will show that you did something else
hol up, police be dindu now
>>
File: 1458167695625.jpg (96 KB, 750x690) Image search: [Google]
1458167695625.jpg
96 KB, 750x690
>>71059013
> evidence of tampering
You stupid chode, where the fuck did evidence tampering come into this discussion?

>I'm not implying it, I'm stating it, that's why there is so much resistance to the idea of oversight

Youv'e been on /pol/ too much. Just put down the tinfoil hat and rest assure know that not all cops are scumbags out to abuse authority. If I told you cops became cops because they want to defend and protect, would your world get rocked?
>>
>>71058823
>and a lot of cops trust themselves as well and know what to do in situations

They wouldn't know to do illegal things and then use the lack of evidence and the thin blue line to cover it up and make it look like they did their job like they said, would they?

>but the body cam will show you did something else

You mean the body cam will show evidence of me committing a crime then lying about it?

>it wasn't official standard police way

Then why was it done and why is it being covered up? Could it be that it was something you shouldn't do?

>see where I'm going with this

Yes, police don't want oversight because it will show how casually corrupt they are
>>
>>71059591
I didn't say anything about covering things up, about tampering, about cops doing illegal things. That's all you and your assumptions. I get the idea you just don't trust police in general. That's fine, you one of the BLM niggers? Honest question.
>>
>>71059497
>where did evidence of tampering come into discussion

See >>71059013 this is all about police doing the wrong things and wanting to get away with it by doing mental gymnastics

>he was a scumbag anyway, I did the right thing by doing the wrong thing to get him off the streets
>>
>>71035914
This, also the data should always be made public at the request of the citizens involved. Any failure to do so should result in all charges being dropped at the very least.
>>
>>71059886
No I hate niggers but cops are categorically niggers too, they stick with their kind no matter what fucked up things they do

Can't be labeled an unkle tom or a rat for the internal investigation, right nigga?
>>
>>71035330
I think it's only a matter of time before body cams show that the majority of people getting shot/arrested/etc are doing shit that warrants it and when that happens all the same lefties who were demanding that departments start making them mandatory (at great expense to the taxpayer) are going to start screaming about muh privacy and muh civil liberties.

... literally the exact same shit happened with dashcams.
>>
>>71059907
Again, taking everything I said completely out of context. Just like mainstream media.

>I did the right thing by doing the right thing but shit happened so I improvised in the most legal way I can to get him off the streets.
>>
>>71060276
>the most legal way I can

But that means it's still not legal, right?

This isn't some gray area thing, this is a matter of do what you said you would and uphold the law

>but he was resisting

Get him under control

>but its hard

And nobody said it wouldn't be, that's the job you willingly signed up for
>>
>>71035330

They give us a lot more fun videos to watch of degenerate garbage being beat into submission, so that's a plus.
>>
How are they an invasion of privacy? Just about every employee has a camera pointed at them.
>>
all police will end up with body cameras because black people are being murdered by police.

>police get cammeras and thay show that black chimp out hardcore and are abusive and non compliant and violent and black come out looking like they actually are when demanded footage is made public.

>Cameras are an invasion of privacy, big brother, 1984 GET RID OF CAMERAS!!!
>>
File: dscf6032.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
dscf6032.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>71035330
Great idea but...

>cop pulls someone over
>mistakes Caitlyn for Bruce and calls HER "Sir".
>situation escalates offender slaps popo
>cop ends up having to restrain offender due to behavior
>court: prosecution thrown out due to cops clear "muh discrimination against LGBTIAWTF"

Won't work in the most litigious society on the planet.
>>
>>71060276
people are more apt to sympathize with shit happening when the entire situation is clear
>>
>>71035330

I'm just hoping that soon I'll be able to file a FOI request and make a youtube channel dedicated to women crying to get out of speeding tickets.
>>
>>71035914
This post is the correct post.
>>
>>71036007
Totally agree!
>>
File: 1452296898106.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1452296898106.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>71037707
>have gun pointed at me
>officer shouts to stay where I am
>act like a total retard
>have hand behind my back
>acting like I have a gun
>"draw" the gun
>get shot

>hurhur he dindu nuffin,
>all cop are killers

why do people defend this shit
>>
>>71038205
Agreed. I think this is a great solution.
>>
360 degree cameras on their cars would go a long way and be accepted considering they already have cameras, and such setups already exists on normal cars.
>>
>>71037707
>Then when it ends they just hang their armor/hat on a rack and the video/sounds downloads to a centralized system where its stored for 6 months.
And on day 29 and 5 mths a lawyer files proceedings that "muh clients civil rights were impinged due to incorrect gender identification."
>>
It won't change anything. If it shows the cops in a good light, they will immediately release it to the public and the cop is hailed a hero. If it shows the cop fucking up, it will be withheld pending investigation, then "lost".
>>
>>71035330
I want it because I want FPS vids of shooting nigs
>>
File: 1458623241298.png (35 KB, 304x320) Image search: [Google]
1458623241298.png
35 KB, 304x320
>>71065184
I now fully support bodycams
>>
a lot of cop H8 on this thread. The tears are delicious.

Cameras are a great idea, for everyone.

But what gonna be awesome, is how the police are becoming more and more dis-inclined to shit, when all it gets them is hatred. More and more of the haters are going to get victimized by the other haters.There are no true victims in this world, the community will get EXACTLY the law enforcement it deserves.....

Hell, with this hilarry clinton bull shit, the rule of law will be even further diminished.....

Bring on the apocalypse! lol
>>
>>71051176
>not shown
>the previous 10 miles where the biker was doing 100+ and only slowed down as he approached a busy intersection
As far as I'm concerned I think cops should be able to ram bikers just the same as they ram cars that are running.
It's not up to cops to protect criminals from their own idiotic actions. It's up to cops to take them out.
>>
>>71067560
What's wrong with going past the speed limit?

If you're going to crash you're going to crash because you're distracted and aren't paying attention.
>>
>>71042075
car crash, person who was in driver seat refused the order from a cop, so he got shot.
>>
>>71069240
If the roads are relatively empty and the only one at risk of your speed is yourself I have no problem with it.
Doing it on crowded roads is just fucking retarded though.
>>
>>71036215
"I'M A FREE CITIZEN"

kek kek
>>
>>71035330
well, i like to see what that cop saw and why did he react the way he did react.
I dont see this as something thats invading privacy
but it actually keeps cops in check.
BUT, OF COURSE, THERE WILL ALWAY BE AN ONE OR TWO EXAMPLES WHERE THIS WILL BE A BAD IDEA, yet on the other hand it will never document nasty stuff that didn't happen because there is his fucking boss on his shoulder.

Also, i see no quarrel with police being almost army level aggressive, since Americans chose to defend themselves and carry a small arsenal, they need type of Cops who are able to deal with that shit.
>>
>>71035330
>Cops wear cameras
>You wear a camera
>everyone is recorded
>everyone is forced to be honest
>>
>>71067560
Nope
That webm has been posted on /pol/ many times]
The cop was angry because the biker legally passed him because he was driving under the speed limit so he decided to pull him over.
That kick apparently broke a rib.
Cop was fired
>>
>>71071994
Sure about that?...
Really sure?
Because you're wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uuo_CiiPk8
>>
>>71035330
>smoking crack and sucking nigger dicks on a public street in view of anyone who walks up
>BUH MY PRIVACY!
>>
>>71072120
Well shit my bad
>>
>>71072460
At least you admit it. Good on you.
>>
>>71072120
Everyone that really cares has seem the unredacted video. Cop was so smoked the whole time and didn't run his siren its actually probable the biker just didn't see him.
The jury agreed, the cop lost. Fuck off with your disinfo.
>>
>>71072611
The cop was in an under cover vehicle and had lights and sirens on. The biker said he didn't recognize it as a cop.
None of what the cop did justifies the biker's shitty driving and he deserved to be rammed off the road and much worse.
>>
>>71035330
Only if a provision is added to the law so that police cannot testify in court about things not captured on the camera's video feed.

Because otherwise, you run the risk of some serious abuse.
>Your honor, as you can see on the video, I approached the suspect and told him to put his hands up. At that time the camera malfunctioned. The suspect became combative and I was forced to shoot him in self-defense. The camera then started to work again, and you can see me calling for medical assistance.
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.