[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do atheists make good parents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (4 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 140x140
Do atheists make good parents?
>>
Parents should also teach some moral values to their kids.
>>
>>71029921
No.
>>
Neither my mom nor my dad have any religious beliefs to speak of, but they don't deny the possibility of god. Still, I wish they'd brought me up in a christian household, instead of the endless nights of dad coming home piss drunk, then mom tossing him out on the street and coming to my bed late at night, crying her heart out, then going back to the living room and masturbating loudly.

I never brought it up, but she knew I could hear her.
>>
>>71029921
why do faggot masons have to put their symbolism in everything?
>>
Depends. Christian Atheists, Muslim Atheists, or Atheist Atheists?
>>
File: Image 002.jpg (54 KB, 392x144) Image search: [Google]
Image 002.jpg
54 KB, 392x144
>>71029921
>>
Would love to see a Atheist explain death to a 8 year old.
>>
>>71030204
Sounds like your average christian home to me. If anything, you had it easy. Religion doesnt make you a good person, it just turns you into a bigot.
>>
>>71031276
>You die. Maybe something happens after; maybe it doesn't.

So very hard.
>>
>>71031276
This
>>
>>71031276
>do you remember whats it like before birth?
>no
>thats the same as death

pretty simple, you dont need a necromancer just to calm yourself down
>>
Having witnessed how atheism has destroyed the entirety of the last few generations in New Zealand; I can confidently say that atheists cannot be good parents.

Atheism = Hedonism
>>
>>71031336
>bigot
Go away reddit
>>
>>71029921

i dont know. mine are muh jesus fundamentalist. if i was raising kids i might raise them christian even though im atheist becasue i cant think of a better reason to tell them to do the right thing than "god is always watching and he'll punish you if youre bad". better than "do the right thing because you should and its beneficial for society"
>>
>>71030204
>going back to the living room and masturbating loudly.
>I never brought it up, but she knew I could hear her

she wanted you to come and help her. you missed out on some wincest..
>>
>>71031492
But atheist don't believe in god or the supernatural, so how could they believe in anything after?
>>
>>71031932
The possibility that we really a brain in a jar
>>
>>71029921
my atheist parents are left-wing alcoholics
>>
>>71031775
>"god is always watching and he'll punish you if youre bad". better than "

how the shit is that better?
>>
File: muh oppressed cage.jpg (91 KB, 644x683) Image search: [Google]
muh oppressed cage.jpg
91 KB, 644x683
>>71030311

it's power over the tards that fear them, because of the symbolism, it proves everything to the tards - oh fuck a triangle, it's the pyramid of re3ptilian all seeing eye mind kkkontrol death cult crypt sold soul to devil illuminated wicca cycloptic embolism symbolism bifurcated rosicrucian black arts world dom new order ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

that was the tard dying from seeing a random finger triangle or finger bullhorns
>>
>>71032213

it scares them into doing the right thing i.e. what i want them to do.
>>
>>71032727
you do realise that kids are not the same as dogs right?
>>
File: dond ged id.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
dond ged id.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
>lack of a belief in a higher power means you are somehow incapable of teaching your children basic functions and right from wrong
Am I missing some sort of dank christian meme
>>
>>71032890

never had a dog (or a kid for that matter). i just thought i would be easiest to instill morals and when theyre older i'll tell them they can believe whatever they think is true.
>>
>>71032998

you're a robot no one can help you
>>
>>71032492
Are you ok anon? Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>71029921
My parents are both agnostic, they raised me and my sibling without religion. My mother has good morals and instilled them in us, and we went to a tae kwon do school several days a week that also focused a fair amount on the philosophy of martial arts and buddhism in general, so that was the closest we had to a religion growing up.

Both parents work in the medical field, and heavily favoured science and empiricism. My mother was raised in a german speaking Old Catholic household, and my father in a Protestant household in England. My mother has very strong morals and ethics, while my father is heartless to the point he walked out on my mother and a few years later married one of her best friends.

As for me and my sister, she is a full sjw art student bernie supporter, and I'm more along the lines of a nationalist liberal (not in the way of the democratic party tho). We've both had a lot of mental health issues from depression and anxiety to borderline pd in me and ocd in my sister.

tl;dr if they already have a strong moral and ethical code, then yes they can be a good parent. If they are a shithead then obviously no, they can't. A lot of it boils down to why they don't follow a religion. My mother stopped because the way some religious people treated others was against her ethical code, and that with a love of science ended up making her reconsider her beliefs, but not to the outright denial of a god. My father did it because he's an egomaniacal cunt

Atheists no, angostics yes basically
>>
No, heaven exists and is literally filled with pussy and ass of the most varied kind.

You are literal retards.

Just keep listening to that antichrist jesus who hates mankind and its pleasures...
>>
>>71033007
>or a kid for that matter

yeah it shows, seriously what would oyu think happen after you told him "o that shit i told you all of your life? lel thats just bullshit i made up so you would behave m8 XD" shit like that doesnt just disappear after you get told the same thing literally all of your life
>>
no

t. former Atheist
>>
>>71029921
Impiety is a sin. Sinners make bad parents.
>>
>>71029921
Depends,

Some atheists can be really good parents. My parents [my mum, up until i was 16] was agnostic. My dad is agnostic too, but they were not like: "OH LET'S STOP THE EVIL WHITE CHRISTIANS AND LET'S BE MULTICULTURAL" They were pretty much redpilled and let me decide what religion i chose. So i became a catholic [to get in the decent schools rather then going to some shit-tier comprehensive] but i'm athiest now. But unlike many, my family all together are not those degenerate leftist atheist scums.

You can be a good parent regardless of religion.
>>
>>71033721
>No, heaven exists and is literally filled with pussy and ass of the most varied kind.

https://youtu.be/81OaGrcAUhE?t=105
>>
>>71033738

maybe i havnt thought this through appropriately. i would just assume as they got older they would work out that its bullshit on their own like i did as i grew up. id just tell them believe what feels right and hope they dont become muh jesus fundamentalists.
>>
>>71029921

i used to beat my kids when i was a atheist. then i found my new christian wife and praise thee lord
>>
>>71033930

everyones a sinner. what are you jesus?
>>
>>71034572

>that is literally islam 72 virgins
>>
>>71029921
Mine were.
>>
File: Ha.jpg (61 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
Ha.jpg
61 KB, 400x294
>>
>>71029921
It depends on the person, not the fact that thy are atheists?
Fucking echo chamber morons.
>>
>>71031276
Why can't atheists lie to their kids?
>You go to the nice farm where the dog went when it died and a man with a beard is there and lots of fluffy clouds and you play with the good kids. The bad kids go to the farm where they make you do chores forever and ever.

When they get older they will figure it out themselves and if they don't then it's not meant to be.
>>
>>71029921
It's better to raise a critical child than indoctrinate them into some cult mentality, be it religion of atheism. Disregard ideologies in education ou fucking moron.
>>
>>71031276
I was at a viewing with an atheist last year. It was a religious one, per the deceased request.

They brought their loud children who was playing in the funeral home and his family was causing a scene and couldn't control them. For 4 hours he kept going "NO NO NO NO" to them.

The family decided to allow people to go up and say a few good words about the person who died. He went up there, imagine this fucking polo shirt, jeans wearing motherfucker while everyone else was dressed up at least semi formal.

"God isn't real." You could feel the fedora tipping in his smug voice. Afterwards people were talking about how much they wish he just stayed home.
>>
>>71035639
Every atheist I've met has been something like that
>>
>>71034859
I'm a repentant sinner. Atheists by definition wallow in their godlessness.
>>
That's pretty much a cunt move at a funeral
>>
>>71031276
"I don't know"

Easy as that. Any Atheist will agree.
>>
>>71035639
>>71035780
I apologize for that. Some of them are complete fuckheads, some are like me and don't act like fucking retards about their atheism
>>
>>71035296
Lie to their Children? The same thing that they say christians do?
>>
>>71031336
Fuckin fag
>>
>>71029921
Sometimes. Sometimes not.
I was raised without religion. I wish I was raised with it.

>>71035780
A lot of atheists are like that here, as well. I don't know why, because we're not that religious a country. Many just want something to be angry about I guess.

>>71031336
Shhh.

>>71031654
I wouldn't go that far, I'd say some can be, but atheism is definitely not a good outlook to have on a large scale. We can see that, now.

>>71031775
Unfortunately some people don't give a flying fuck about society.
>>
Yes, religion doesn't imply moral values
>>
>>71029921
Apathy ruled this family.
Apathy rules my life.

My parents just didn't care about anything.
>>
>>71034572
That was physically painful to watch
>>
My parents were atheist, so not going to church meant I could spend WAY more time doing fun stuff with them.

I'm a national globalist ultracapitalist
>>
File: Isra.gif (479 KB, 217x216) Image search: [Google]
Isra.gif
479 KB, 217x216
>>71030204
Pff, you think Christian parents don't do that too?

People of any religion can make bad parents or good parents. I've known plenty of shrewd bitchy single moms who castrated their kids (not literally, I hope) and were fiercely religious.

Moral of the story is it doesn't matter what religion your parents are; the important thing is that you have two of them, and that they're capable of maintaining a family unit.

>>71031204
>atheists in Islamic countries, balls of steel
They don't. They usually end up either reverting back to Islam, or crying to some Christian country for asylum. Atheists are cowards.
>>
>>71036522
Atheists love projecting their own stupidity, arrogance, and malice onto others. It's practically their sole defining feature.

>"If God is real, why does he let so many of his priests be pedophiles? Doesn't God care about molested children?"
>T. a friend of mine who later went to jail for having sex with a twelve year old
it's poetry
>>
>>71037090
kek
>>
>>71033721
No, you can't sin in heaven.
You lose your mind too, because "bad" thoughts are a sin
https://youtube.com/watch?v=zDwr8Ptq3gc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>71037910
But that still doesn't discredit his argument
>>
>>71036522
Yeah. Just until the kids grow up. If they don't develop any sense you let them keep believing.
>>
>>71029921
I ended up regularly posting here so
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.