[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got in an argument with my mother and father, let my power level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: 1453530455484.png (227 KB, 465x444) Image search: [Google]
1453530455484.png
227 KB, 465x444
Got in an argument with my mother and father, let my power level slip. They were talking about this article about a female nero surgeon and how difficult it was, with 100+ hour work weeks. The article mentioned she had a kid, I said that was selfish and irresponsible. I was met with the muh gender roles bullshit. I said that was'nt my argument, a woman can have what ever demanding career she wants, but she cant also be a mother on top of working 100+ hours and that it's bad for the child. She needed to pick one. They brought up welfare queens as being irresponsible mothers, and that pushing people to make decisions like that would lead to them being the only ones to reproduce. I don't think I was in the wrong. How the fuck did I become more traditional than my parents?
>>
>>71019413

>Got in an argument with my mother and father

I will never in my life understand why you faggots do this.

I took the kids to my parents' house last week and they started talking about how great it would be if Trump won the nomination, because he'd never beat Hilldog.

You know what I did? I smiled and nodded and everyone continued on perfectly happy.

Jesus Christ, act like a fucking civil adult.
>>
>>71019581
>not standing up for yourself
>>
>>71019581
>smilee and nodded
like a cuck
>>
You should never enter into an argument with someone. It's much better to keep them on their toes by saying things that would contradict their point of view.

>OP's example

"I wonder if she loves work more than she loves being a mother. If I was a woman I could never abandon my child like that, you were such a great mom, mom. *Kisses*"
>>
>>71019619
>souring relationships with parents
Who gives a fuck what crazy thoughts they have.
You can argue with others.
>>
>>71019705
>parents being little bitches and can't handle differing opinions

Openly talked about voting trump to mine and they don't give a shit. Grow a pair.
>>
>100 hour week

This is bullshit, and you should have called them out on it.

How is that even possible?
If you work 12's for 7 days, you'd still only hit 84 hours. In order to have 100 hours, you'd have to work over 14 hours every day.

What's next, are they going go complain about having to work six gojirion hours a week?
>>
>>71019619
>>71019660
We are talking about family here you huge fags.
>>
>>71019922
You have a shit family if they are turbo SJW that can't handle differing opinions.
>>
>>71019922

>Bu-bu-but anon they're wrong and I'm right and I have to show them how smart I am!
>>
>When your parents are more redpilled than you

Jesus Christ op
>>
>>71019974
>I'm going to willfully allow people I care about to be ignorant or to be easily tricked by facetiousness from the media
>>
>>71019790
>>71019957

this

I can only feel sorry for people, who are either that brainwashed that they value politics more than their family relationships or so afraid of confrontation that they can't have a friendly argument.

I can discuss things with my family, friends and even close colleagues without the need to sperg out or getting mad about differences of opinion.
>>
>>71019922
>We are talking about family here you huge fags.
So? How is that fucking different? You're just avoiding conflict because of emotions. Don't let that stupid bullshit cuck you. You're literally just digging your head in the sand because "they're family, I don't want to let them know that my opinions differ".

Fuck that.

I have had hours of arguments with my parents because they're so fucking blue pilled, and I don't care... and we're family, we still talk, we still love each other, but I didn't let that get in the way of letting them know what my opinions are.

>tfw even after that discussion, I still send my parents images of Trump and Hitler when I say hello to them
>>
>>71020194
How?
The welfare thing is obviously true, that's a problem. That doesn't mean women who think they are entitled to do everything, at the expense of children isn't a problem. Actually it's kind of all part of the same problem, the breakdown of traditional values.
>>
>>71020247

You must be a blast at parties, standing on a table, telling everyone in attendance how they're gullible sheep being led to slaughter. Lighten up.
>>
>>71020293
This. As long as you have reasons to back up your beliefs and don't act like a huge fucktard, then it's fine.
>>
>>71020441

I guess you're the "moderate" cuck, who laughs nervously when his feminist gf bashes on trump and then laughs at the stupid, dumb right-wingers with her negro friends.

Then you come to /pol/ angrily and make bait threads about "le dumb nazis" and how "/pol/ was intended to be satire" and how all of us must be lonely virgins or otherwise you'd have to face the fact, that in fact your life is the one that sucks since you're surrounded by people, who don't respect you or your opinions.

So you shit up this place with the shittiest threads. Fuck off.
>>
>>71020701

That's an awful lot of projection in that post there, Sideways Italy.
>>
>>71020762
I don't think it's a projection. He described something that does seem to happen quite often.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>71020425
People like you are why the cuck thing is no longer funny, or relevant

Don't get straight As - cuck
Kid hides your tv remote - cuck
Not willing to genocide a whole ethnicity - cuck

It never ends
>>
>>71019581
What a fucking cuck
I allways said what I think with my parents and my coworker, even when its about racial gap, gender gap, cultural gap, and other
They were never shocked about that
Even about my holocaust denying (even if its illegal)

Why its that hard for you to say it?
Its because you cant get good argument about it?
>>
>>71020885

Actually, you're right. That does happen a lot.
>>
>>71020762
Never seen any hungarian being a reddit cuck on /pol/, thats not projecting
>>
>>71020927

>They were never shocked about that
>Even about my holocaust denying (even if its illegal)

Well yeah, most Muslims don't believe in the Holocaust.
>>
>>71019922
You have to remember how autistic most of /pol/ is
>>
>>71021106
I have a catholic family , north italian from my mother side
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>71021210
>>
File: 1460074274016.gif (547 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460074274016.gif
547 KB, 250x250
>>71019683
devastating
>>
>>71021210
He also meant your coworkers, Belgian
>>
Still amazing people unironically like Trump
>>
There's no fucking "power level" in sperging out with your simplistic little narratives.

If a women can be a fucking neurosurgeon, she should be, there are plenty of men who do menial labour that would better serve a smart and hard working women as the home maker.

You not liking something does not actually affect change upon that thing, a surgeon is a fucking surgeon, and your opinions on that mean nothing.

You picked probably the worst possible example while dying on your little rhetorical hill.

That by itself makes you an oblivious imbecile. You've embarrassed your parents.
>>
>>71021486
Yes à quarter of them are muslim (who are the hardest to criticise in front of them )
I still give all of my argument to the belgian one
(btw i'm a quarter north italian , 3 quarter native )
>>
>>71021735
Did you even fucking read the post, fucker?

The argument was NOT about whether or not a woman was a fucking neurosurgeon.

The argument was about the fucking bitch complaining that being a neuro surgeon and having to work 100+ hours a week with a kid

You're the one sperging out without even reading, fucktard.

>a
>fucking
>leaf
>>
>>71021793

>I still give all of my argument to the belgian one

Good point of discussion. Who's the bigger cuck? The guy who doesn't escalate political discussions with anyone, or the guy who unloads on the person he thinks won't say anything while avoiding the ones who are likely to get confrontational? Discuss.
>>
>>71019581
It's stupid and pointless to spend time with family if you're not going to interact with them on any meaningful level.
>>
>>71020441
Wew lad.

I don't do that at parties, I save that for the pub.

>lighten up for your imminent doom, ol chap
>>
>>71019581
This is actually very good bait anon. It almost got me. Keep posting it. No wife's boyfriend, no black father. This is what bait used to be like.
>>
>>71022010
When I said not all my argument with the muslim coworker its because when i try it, they dismiss it a religion of peace meme
Its really hard to convince a muslim to hate islam
When I give arguments, its to "redpill" them, not to make them hate me
>>
>>71019581
I know this is supposed to be cuckbait. But really it isn't bad advice. Look, these people are old enough at this point that nothing you yell at them is going to change their mind.

You have to decide if you are going to try and win the battle (win this fight) or win the war (have a non-stressful relationship with your parents). I suggest you win the war rather than focusing on winning the battle and end up losing the war.

Save your power level reveals for times and people where it might have impact.
>>
>>71019581
I'm angry and confused because you're not angry and confused.
>>
>>71019581
We are the civil adults. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with a civil discussion, like adults. The problem arises is when regressive minded people get offended at their ideas being challenged, that is the childish response which causes conflict.
>>
>>71023248

>the problem is everyone else, not me
>>
>>71023307
>the problem is everyone else, not me
No, the problem is that people nowadays have the ideology that if you disagree with them and tell them arguments that contradict their beliefs, they will get offended, hate you, and look for safe spaces... without even going through the debate stage.

If you don't think that ideology is the problem, go test it. Make a tumblr account, go post a civilized argument against a random post, and see the backlash you get.
>>
>>71019581

so, you failed at raising your kids properly. good job.
>>
>>71022503
>these people are old enough at this point that nothing you yell at them is going to change their mind

the problem is, you have to change YOUR OWN KIDS' minds.

how the fuck do your own offspring not engender the same values as yourself? my kids idolize me and follow my lead on everything.
>>
You guys are all idiots
>>
>>71024407
>>71024568

>I took the kids to my parents' house last week and [my parents] started talking about how great it would be if Trump won the nomination, because he'd never beat Hilldog.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.