[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Brazil have a human development index(HDI) ranking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11
File: brazil_flag_map.png (66 KB, 2048x2040) Image search: [Google]
brazil_flag_map.png
66 KB, 2048x2040
Why does Brazil have a human development index(HDI) ranking of 75??? There are majority black countries doing better than this.
>>
>>71008408
Brazil is a majority Brazilian country. I am surprised it is doing so well.
>>
>>71008460
Brazil has lots of Portuguese and Germans as well. I'm surprised their ranking is this low!!
>>
File: Race_in_brazil_2006.png (32 KB, 831x644) Image search: [Google]
Race_in_brazil_2006.png
32 KB, 831x644
outside the favelas with the monkeys things are supposedly "better"
>>
>>71009466
Blue ="""white"""
Green=black
red=Asian/mestizo
>>
File: mapserv-1.gif (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mapserv-1.gif
22 KB, 500x500
>>71009582
population density
>>
File: This is Brazil.gif (2 MB, 330x239) Image search: [Google]
This is Brazil.gif
2 MB, 330x239
>>71009582
The white part of Brazil should make their own nation.
>>
>>71009674
I doubt they would want to give up all that land
>>
Fuck off, Brazil will be the only remaining super-power by 2050, and i will laugh when that times comes.
>>
File: brazil police.webm (3 MB, 362x480) Image search: [Google]
brazil police.webm
3 MB, 362x480
>>71010999
>brazil will be the first to adapt to in a world of all mixed race brown sludge
>brazil will run the planet and lead us all into the stars
>>
>>71010999
>Brazil
>not China
>>
>>71008408
because they were ruled by a shitty right wing military junta until 30 years ago and they still have not recovered from it.
>>
>>71008408

to the north: because it's hard for the government to reach people in the vast expanse of the amazon rainforest, it's also a region of new occupation (zero infrastrucutre) and deadly conflicts between farmers, indigenous tribes and social movements (expansion of the agricultural border)

to the northeast: it's a historically decadent region with the economic power shifting towards the south in the 19th century (coffee plantations, which eventually funded industry) which paired with a semi-arid desert biome (caatinga) and a larger black population (descendants of slaves) gave way for strong clientelism (politicians exploiting the populace)
>>
File: 1457163386054.jpg (163 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457163386054.jpg
163 KB, 1600x1200
>>71011553
am I going to be beheaded or kidnapped for money by drug cartels, if I go to Brazil now?
>>
>>71011173

Not at all. You can complain all you want about civil rights infringement and institutionalized corruption, but it's a consensus among economists that the militaries did incredible things for the economy.

1- They took a stagnated economy and modernized our institutions: immediate tax reform, they created the Central Bank, increased the quality of planning and budgeting, strenghtened the stock market, gave new breath to public companies, etc.

2- They prepped our economy for commodity exportation (which allowed Lula to reap the benefits with the chinese boom): they drove the occupation of the country inwards with massive infrastructure projects (hydroenergy and roads) and visionary industrial policy (ethanol research started here), giving way for the agricultural and mineral extraction activities we are known for today.

3 - They oversaw the greatest period of economic growth in our history, driving increased urbanization and expansion of our consumer market, literally a tipping point for society.

There is criticism, like the increase of inequality, protectionist policies hurting competitiveness of our industry, the destruction of biomes and the financial instruments that gave way for accelerating inflation. Overall they did what they had to do, but overstayed their time.

The most of the blame for poverty could be on problems already present before the militaries (like clientelism) and mayors that had no clue about urban planning and couldn't handle the MASSIVE migratory currents that sweeped the nation during the period.
>>
>>71011697

If you are coming during the Olympics, aside from the threat of an ISIS attack, Rio will be the safest it has ever been. It's definitely the right time to come for a visit, you'd be incredibly unlucky to even get pickpocketed among tens of thousands of other tourists, because the police will be cracking down hard on the usual suspects.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.