[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“I had so many advantages, and I barely made it”: Pinterest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: ap_5002773057271.jpg (228 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ap_5002773057271.jpg
228 KB, 1600x900
>My path to a career in software engineering should have been simple. I grew up in Silicon Valley, the child of two software engineers with computer science PhDs. I went to high school in Mountain View—the land of Google. Later, I went to college at Stanford University, where our university president was a computer scientist who had made a fortune in microprocessors. During the summers, I interned at Facebook and Google.

>But even though I was completely immersed in tech culture, I had trouble envisioning a career in software engineering for myself. The issue wasn’t a lack of interest or ability. It was that the sexism I encountered, both in school and in the workplace, had me convinced that I wasn’t just good enough to make it in tech.

>At Stanford, I took two introductory computer science classes. I soon became convinced that I was much too behind my male classmates to ever catch up. I was surrounded by men who’d breezily skipped prerequisite courses. As freshmen, they’d signed up for classes that I was intimidated to take even as a sophomore. They casually mentioned software engineering internships they had completed back in high school, and declared they were unfazed by any of the challenges professors might throw our way.

https://archive.is/LPITj

It's time you MRA losers know what a real victim of sexism is like: an upper class yuppie with a Stanford education making three times the medium household wage in Silicon Valley.
>>
>People who were (apparently) more prepared for something were more confident.
Well I'll be.
>>
File: PyxkgX7.jpg (79 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
PyxkgX7.jpg
79 KB, 720x960
>go to college
>told you are oppressed by feminists
>start to believe you are oppressed

self fulfilling prophecy if I ever heard one
>>
>>71007997
>it's sexism because other people have been working harder and have more experience than me

My eyes are filling up with blood
>>
>>71007997

>I am too much of a chicken to accept challenges and other people overtake me easily, because I am writting feminist blogs instead of learning
>sexism

If you are getting intimidated by others just because they are more successful, they are not sexist, you are mentally ill.
>>
File: 7653331.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7653331.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
Howlee bait. Perfectly writen. Credible ideas. Perfect tone of the speech. 10/10 would bite again.
>>
Shameless double dip posting for this excelent bait.
>>
File: 1460454226351.png (481 KB, 683x642) Image search: [Google]
1460454226351.png
481 KB, 683x642
> Women
> doing well in computing or engineering courses ever

there's a reason why men invented this shit
>>
>>71008336
>comments made because they are "concerned"

>"Jesus Christ, Shelia! You're bleeding from your eyes! We need to get you to the hospital!"
"OMG HOW DARE YOU SHAME ME! JUST BECAUSE I'M BLEEDING FROM THE EYES DOESN'T MEAN I NEED YOUR """"CONCERN"""", SHITLORD!"
>>
>people were better and more confident than me
>this is sexist
>womyn

kek.

how can any woman read this and not be embarrassed?
>>
File: 1456239339983.jpg (53 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1456239339983.jpg
53 KB, 313x286
>>71007997

>read the entire article to make sure you weren't just taking shit out of context
>it's literally just 'I have zero self-confidence therefore sexism: the article'
>go to Stanford
>be surrounded by smart as fuck, driven people
>your classmates are the best in the world at that point, surprise surprise, a lot of them are better than you

What in the fuck

So a woman whose mother had a PhD in computer science, who had interned at Facebook and Google and studied computer science at Stanford and was chosen to be a T.A. by her professor (ostensibly due to the quality of her work) and was then hired by a large tech firm thinks that the industry has a problem with sexism? What the FUCK?
>>
>>71008336
>Shaming women for their emotions
Women not being abel to control their emotions in my line of work ,would compromise what we do and would get them fired...
>>
File: What.png (648 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
What.png
648 KB, 480x800
>>71011746
Yes
>>
>>71011318
I guess it's sexist to be concerned for a strangers well being. I think that this shows the supporters of this stuff lack basic empathy.
>>
>>71011746
But, anon, she BARELY made it! It's sexist for women to have to face ANY sort of challenges in their life.
>>
>>71011746

Millennials call it humblebragging, though this really shows how ludicrously out of touch the media is.
>>
>>71011746
Don't forget she picked the field full of awkward autistic nerds full of themselves.
Of course she will faces awkward flirt situations... Doesn't say so much on the whole society.
>>
>>71007997
>I have it better than 99% of people in the world WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?
holy shit is this what it feels like to be a nigger observing white people?
>>
>>71011746
Women constantly crave validation. That's all this article is.
>>
>>71011746
This is why women can never truly succeed at anything where the bar is traditionally set by men. Even if they have the skills, talent, and motivation, they will overthink themselves to death and become a neurotic mess. Surprise, surprise. This comes off as a massive liability. In research or industry, I don't care if you produce great work as long as I, your boss, have to hold your hand and make constant, motivational comments. That's fucking pathetic.

>MFW I knew a girl that didn't go on to do a math PhD for this reason. Always assumed that her prof never patting her head while she did her honors thesis meant he disapproved of her work. Years later, she realized she was the only student to have successfully defended a thesis under this guy. Fucking women.
>>
Is she really saying that it's sexist that they had more knowledge on the subject then she did?
>>
>>71007997
>intimidated by introductory class
>believed the nerd banter...

IT is all about superior opinions and shaming others for not having it sooner, it's not about showing up to class - that is just a formality - you will fail with this mindset.
>>
File: Tom-Hardy-Bane-Mask-Venom[1].jpg (32 KB, 410x405) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Hardy-Bane-Mask-Venom[1].jpg
32 KB, 410x405
>>71007997
Haha, stupid women who think you learn to be a coder in school.

But she merely adopted coding. The guys around her were born in it, molded by it. They didn't see the sunlight until they were already men; by then it was nothing to them but blinding.

Software engineering betrays her, because it belongs to them.
>>
>>71007997
>>At Stanford, I took two introductory computer science classes. I soon became convinced that I was much too behind my male classmates to ever catch up. I was surrounded by men who’d breezily skipped prerequisite courses. As freshmen, they’d signed up for classes that I was intimidated to take even as a sophomore. They casually mentioned software engineering internships they had completed back in high school, and declared they were unfazed by any of the challenges professors might throw our way.

Wait what

How is it sexism for them to be better than her?
>>
>>71016816
BANE?
>>
>>71016285
women are against borders.

prominently those of logic and rationality.
>>
>My classmates bragged about finishing assignments in three hours
>the same work had taken me 15 hours of anguish at the keyboard to complete.
>Like many a woman before me, I had run smack into the confidence gap.
More like the competence gap.
>>
>>71007997
>wanting to work with a bunch of smelly nerds
>>
>>71017300
Computer nerds tend to be meticulously clean anon, it's part of the autism
>>
>>71016914
These people don't believe in equality of opportunity but in equality of outcome. If any little specific demographic group doesn't have outcomes as good as all the others then you need special measures and quotas to fix the outcome problem.

>>71017300
This desu, it's not even the smell, it's the general autism.
>>
> Sexism in any tech related field.

Complete bullshit. Anyone that's worked in one could tell you the female employees are all put on pedestals. In my own experience they all eventually make it on to management jobs though since they actually tend to suck very badly at anything else.
>>
>>71011252
In my time working in IT and digital every single woman I met has been useless at her job and I had to fix her fuck ups.
>>
File: 100.jpg (45 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
45 KB, 412x412
>>71008336
>Example of Shaming
Look at number 4, look at 5, then look at 4 again
>>
>>71008336
I didn't even understand what 6 was talking about before

Now I get it, they're saying you can't have an opinion on abortion if it makes whores feel guilty

amazing
>>
>>71014156
>holy shit is this what it feels like to be a nigger observing white people?
Niggers are protected species your land you dick less cuck.
>>
>>71008336
>Manteruppting
>ruppti
>uppt
>pp
>
>>
>have a incredibly successful coding career
>i am STILL fucking OPPRESSED

tfw this is what happens when women don't get fucked. they get bitter.
>>
>>71017392
>These people don't believe in equality of opportunity but in equality of outcome.

Neither does the united states government, or we wouldnt have affirmative god damn action
>>
>>71014388
>This is why women can never truly succeed at anything where the bar is traditionally set by men.
>>71011252
>there's a reason why men invented this shit

Lol I bet you fags probably can't author a simple BASIC program.
>>
>>71018135
>inb4 triggered autists list all the languages they know
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.